Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

The Problem With WE The Southerners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem With WE The Southerners (612 Views)

What northerners must know about the Southerners don't be deceived / Another Lesson From The North To The Southerners (igbos) / The Foolishness Of The Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem With WE The Southerners by JomoGbomo2(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2019
This thread is created to bring to bare one of the issues we have in this Country and how the Southerners have continued to make the Northerners look bad even though they are basically the same set of people; the only difference is that one set have access to the media and uses it to the disadvantage of the other.

Now compare the responses to these two similar posts yourself:

https://www.nairaland.com/5064314/teenage-boy-stabs-football-coach

https://www.nairaland.com/5063727/obituary-lady-stabbed-death-during

Now both posts show how knife crimes resulted in death of two lives (No motive is considered here). Now see how the southerners have successfully castigated the Northerners (their region and religion) for similar crime.

Now this type of response cuts across religious lines too; The southerners find it difficult to separate the Northerners from their religion while for the same crime committed by a southerner (in fact sometimes by a clergy man), they will gladly tell you its a fake pastor and separate the man from the religion but never cuts the Northerners some slacks.

The main aim of this post is for us to know that we can't keep doing this and expect us to move forward as a group of people; we need to start being open, receptive and truthful towards our brothers/sisters up North.

If you have observed this same trend, please go ahead and share.

PS: Southerners here are majorly SE & SS; Some SW also fall in this category

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problem With WE The Southerners by theoldpretender(m): 10:43am On Mar 07, 2019
Well, the problem is long standing grievances.

I have lived up North. There have been several times when in the ethnic and religious riots that affect the north, many Southerners have been killed and injured. This leaves a lot of bad air and at the end of the day, a knife crime committed up North is a sign of how evil the whole North is.

At the same time, there are millions of law abiding Northerners who don't do knife crime.

I see how some Northerners too castigate the South as a immoral violent and baby mama area too.

One sees the same thing in America. Whites use black crime as a means to castigate all black people as violent and low IQ. Blacks use white crime, especially if the victim is black, as a sign that all Whites are racist and evil.

Anyway, bigotry is evil. I have seen evil Northerners, but I have also seen plenty good northerners. Same for Southerners. And the truth is we still have a lot of small minded bigots in this country who need urgent treatment.

It is silly to accuse all. Northerners of being violent due to one knife crime, and at the same time refuse to say all. Southerners are violent as a result of knife crime.

But one thing I know, I feel a lot safer walking the streets of a Northern city than I do a southern city. In the Night
Re: The Problem With WE The Southerners by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2019
While some yoruba sons are online shouting "Igbo leave our town" their fathers are offline selling more lands to igbo businessmen �.

1 Like

Re: The Problem With WE The Southerners by 7lives: 11:19am On Mar 07, 2019
Nigeriabiafra80:
While some yoruba sons are online shouting "Igbo leave our town" their fathers are offline selling more lands to igbo businessmen �.

Gbe bagi e jor.
Yoruba have more houses in Ghana in the 60s, when Koffi Bushia became the president, Yorubas we're forced to sell those houses at gbanjo price as they left Ghana.
Did it not happened in the north?, eran iya ni yin, stay out of Yoruba politics or go home to play your politics.
Ijamba se ole, onile taji, what is good for the goose is equally good for the gander, we know what you people did to ACN in Anambra when they came to campaign for Doctor Chris Ngige, oh Yorubas are no longer amala and ewedu people?.
When Igbo begins to mix apu with ewedu and amala, we know something shady is in the offing.
When one of those useless Nollywood actors was boasting about how he and his people chased Yorubas out of Anambra, I told him to mark the date, he is now telling me how tribalistic Yorubas have become in recent times and I also reminds him of what happened in Anambra.
Yoruba no dey forget o, make una take note.
Re: The Problem With WE The Southerners by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 07, 2019
[s]
7lives:

Gbe bagi e jor.
Yoruba have more houses in Ghana in the 60s, when Koffi Bushia became the president, Yorubas we're forced to sell those houses at gbanjo price as they left Ghana.
Did it not happened in the north?, eran iya ni yin, stay out of Yoruba politics or go home to play your politics.
Ijamba se ole, onile taji, what is good for the goose is equally good for the gander, we know what you people did to ACN in Anambra when they came to campaign for Doctor Chris Ngige, oh Yorubas are no longer amala and ewedu people?.
When Igbo begins to mix apu with ewedu and amala, we know something shady is in the offing.
When one of those useless Nollywood actors was boasting about how he and his people chased Yorubas out of Anambra, I told him to mark the date, he is now telling me how tribalistic Yorubas have become in recent times and I also reminds him of what happened in Anambra.
Yoruba no dey forget o, make una take note.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Problem With WE The Southerners by JomoGbomo2(m): 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
theoldpretender:
Well, the problem is long standing grievances.

I have lived up North. There have been several times when in the ethnic and religious riots that affect the north, many Southerners have been killed and injured. This leaves a lot of bad air and at the end of the day, a knife crime committed up North is a sign of how evil the whole North is.

At the same time, there are millions of law abiding Northerners who don't do knife crime.

I see how some Northerners too castigate the South as a immoral violent and baby mama area too.

One sees the same thing in America. Whites use black crime as a means to castigate all black people as violent and low IQ. Blacks use white crime, especially if the victim is black, as a sign that all Whites are racist and evil.

Anyway, bigotry is evil. I have seen evil Northerners, but I have also seen plenty good northerners. Same for Southerners. And the truth is we still have a lot of small minded bigots in this country who need urgent treatment.

It is silly to accuse all. Northerners of being violent due to one knife crime, and at the same time refuse to say all. Southerners are violent as a result of knife crime.

But one thing I know, I feel a lot safer walking the streets of a Northern city than I do a southern city. In the Night

Good submission, so how do you think this can be reduced even if it cannot be totally eradicated?

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Afraid Of 2023 Elections / Police In Abuse Of Court Order Arrest Senator Adeleke / Senate Rejects Bill To Establish Maritime University In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.