Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Nigeria Or Cape Verde - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Or Cape Verde (7370 Views)

Travel to Brazil by boat from Cape Verde. / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by NEROSKY(m): 10:32pm On Sep 07, 2020
Capeverde:
If you go to the passport office you will notice that alot of people will jet out of Nigeria for alot of reason. Nigeria I know but cape Verde I don't know, so please any one with valid information about CV should please show us the road so those who can't afford the almighty Europe, USA, Australia can at least see some where at least better to survive.
Those on ground let discuss Cabo Verde .

Please house, how can one work towards a long stay, to learn Portuguese and how much rent could cost me, at-least, for 6 months a year...

Please i need advice.
Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by gentlebullet(m): 12:47am On Sep 08, 2020
NEROSKY:

Please house, how can one work towards a long stay, to learn Portuguese and how much rent could cost me, at-least, for 6 months a year...

Please i need advice.
Getting a resident permit on the island as a Nigerian is very difficult except you have loads of cash to start a business there so you will apply for work permit and then resident permit.
Remember the island's economy is tourism and seafood dependent so the authority is ready to tax you as much as it can.
I don't know about the cost of rent cos I stayed in hotels the few times I visited the island but from the little I know, it's not easy to rent an apartment without documention and getting documention means enough cash cos you will be charged in US dollars.
If you know you have got enough cash, then you can give it a try but if you really want to learn Portuguese, Cape Verde shouldn't be an option for you cos aside the cost, you wouldn't concentrate on learning the language. There are lots of distractions on the island.... The beautiful and friendly women, the beautiful beach, loads of alcohol, plenty english and french speaking visitors,etc will make you lose focus on the language my brother.
If you are really serious able learning Portuguese, your best bet is either Angola or Guninea-Bissau.
Angola will require a visa, the cost of living is high and also flight ticket but you will get to learn pure Portuguese.
Guninea-Bissau is an ecowas country so you won't need a visa, cost of living is very cheap, the country can be accessed by road, it's an underdeveloped country so luxury is scarce there and under such condition, you will learn the language fast cos you will be eager to pick up fast and leave. My 2cents though
The choice is yours Bro CHEERS!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by NEROSKY(m): 1:06am On Sep 08, 2020
gentlebullet:

Getting a resident permit on the island as a Nigerian is very difficult except you have loads of cash to start a business there so you will apply for work permit and then resident permit.
Remember the island's economy is tourism and seafood dependent so the authority is ready to tax you as much as it can.
I don't know about the cost of rent cos I stayed in hotels the few times I visited the island but from the little I know, it's not easy to rent an apartment without documention and getting documention means enough cash cos you will be charged in US dollars.
If you know you have got enough cash, then you can give it a try but if you really want to learn Portuguese, Cape Verde shouldn't be an option for you cos aside the cost, you wouldn't concentrate on learning the language. There are lots of distractions on the island.... The beautiful and friendly women, the beautiful beach, loads of alcohol, plenty english and french speaking visitors,etc will make you lose focus on the language my brother.
If you are really serious able learning Portuguese, your best bet is either Angola or Guninea-Bissau.
Angola will require a visa, the cost of living is high and also flight ticket but you will get to learn pure Portuguese.
Guninea-Bissau is an ecowas country so you won't need a visa, cost of living is very cheap, the country can be accessed by road, it's an underdeveloped country so luxury is scarce there and under such condition, you will learn the language fast cos you will be eager to pick up fast and leave. My 2cents though
The choice is yours Bro CHEERS!

Thanks alot for the insight, so no option for longer stay? even on education/study grand? or Nigerians dont stay there? throw more light please... But i will go see for myself, like taking 2 to 3 weeks to visit.
Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by gentlebullet(m): 1:24am On Sep 08, 2020
NEROSKY:

Thanks alot for the insight, so no option for longer stay? even on education/study grand? or Nigerians dont stay there? throw more light please... But i will go see for myself, like taking 2 to 3 weeks to visit.
I don't think I am even in the position to throw more light cos my few visits to cape Verde were all official duties and I didn't make time to look out for Nigerians residents, the few I saw at the airport, bars, on boat and beaches were yahoo boys on visit (cos by their appearance and loud mouthing you don't need a seer to tell you who they are).
you have mentioned the best option yourself. Visit the island first,then you can have a real life experience about the country then you decide on your next move

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by NEROSKY(m): 1:32am On Sep 08, 2020
gentlebullet:

I don't think I am even in the position to throw more light cos my few visits to cape Verde were all official duties and I didn't make time to look out for Nigerians residents, the few I saw at the airport, bars, on boat and beaches were yahoo boys on visit (cos by their appearance and loud mouthing you don't need a seer to tell you who they are).
you have mentioned the best option yourself. Visit the island first,then you can have a real life experience about the country then you decide on your next move

Thanks a lot bro.
Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by rosalieene(f): 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2020
NEROSKY:

Thanks a lot bro.
hello Nerosky
pls reply your mail.
its urgent please
Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by Tonyblinky(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2020
rosalieene:

hello
pls reply your mail
You want follow am travel ne?
Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by Jhigan(m): 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
rosalieene:

hello Nerosky
pls reply your mail.
its urgent please
rosalieene:

hello Nerosky
pls reply your mail.
its urgent please

I’m traveling there next month. Maybe we can go together.
But, I’m having a stop over in Dakar first.
Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by Uyigue12(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Pls make sure you can speak one of the Nigerian dialect fluently (Yoruba, hausa, ibo) cos you will ask @ the point of entry and also ur lowest Bta must be 500 dollars with yellow fever certificate or else na deportation back home and ur ticket must be to & fro or else na back home if you can prove all this bross na free entry cos na only cabo verde dey stamp for Ecowas free.... But careful cos na drug route ooooo make eye no dey ur body sir talking from raw experience
Re: Nigeria Or Cape Verde by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2020
NEROSKY I just sent an email to you, waiting for your reply

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Traveling From Nigeria To Ghana / Appointment At Spanish Embassy Nigeria / When Is The Uk Embassy Closing For The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.