Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,973 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses (28077 Views)

Nekede Poly Furious With Lady Claiming She Graduated With God Help, Private Part / Help! Everything I Lay My Hands On Has Been Failing / FGGC Owerri Wins First Overall in 2016/2017 WAEC Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by obstead200(m): 1:35am On Mar 08, 2019
ABSTRUSE:

Lemme cut it short for you too. There is a staff (academic or non-academic) on her case. She should just follow it up bumper to bumper. Let her go to the Dean of her Faculty ot Head of her department and make the complaint or even the Senate for help.
option 1. Ask for remarking of script if she is sure she wrote well
Option 2: meet the lecturer and play ball.

The dumbest thing to do is demanding a Re-mark when u actually failed.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by AhlexOfficial(m): 1:41am On Mar 08, 2019
obstead200:
wrong. The standard is 8 years for a 4 year course and 10 years for a 5 year course

Oga, i said it's 6years in my school ,what do you know

O de wa ga o
Abi which kind wahala be dis now
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by BoboKush(m): 5:27am On Mar 08, 2019
Jayhazard:

If I read this correctly, you didn't meet up with your course adviser in his office. You actually met him in, or around the car, preparing to hit the road. I don't think that was appropriate, you wouldn't have expected him to walk down to his office to attend to you. Maybe that was why he was harsh in his response.

Even with hospital card that shows i av appointment on the said date and i actually do check him in office he's nt always dere...the said day i told him i am just coming from his office too
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by 1miccza: 8:16am On Mar 08, 2019
Les:
do you know anyone who succeeded?

I can't say for sure but their diploma students though, i know some in the diploma program or the CEP that succeeded, but honestly departments like Sociology, biochemistry, political sciences are really horrible to say the least, your friend can confide in any lecturer that isn't part of the band of ''dragons'' if you know what i mean...
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by nicepoker101(m): 10:15am On Mar 08, 2019
SirLakes:

And so?
And you are the brother
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Osiki18(f): 10:18am On Mar 08, 2019
Tell her to consult her village people
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by wisdomguy4u(m): 11:52am On Mar 08, 2019
Les:
Hi everyone, lemme go straight to the point.

I have a friend who graduated since 2016 in a federal university in the east and since then, up until now, she has been failing two particular courses; a year 3 and a year 4 course.

I adviced her to request for a remarking but she's scared to do so, according to her, what if she actually failed in which I told her it's practically impossible to fail a course for good 3 to 4 consecutive years to the extent of not even getting an "E"

To cut the long story short, according to her out of over a 100 students during her set, only less than 30 graduated!
Secondly, she didn't fail the two courses at once, it's either she fails one and the other gets missing or vice versa each consecutive year.

So guys, how do we solve this issue, is there any union or body that looks into issues like this? What would you advice us to do in this case undecided undecided
NB: she attends classes and has been paying school fees and dues all these years.

I have a friend going through same fate. Her name is Cynthia. I think the best thing to do is ask for remark.i think the lecturer is witch-hunting for reason best known to him.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Les: 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
1miccza:

I can't say for sure but their diploma students though, i know some in the diploma program or the CEP that succeeded, but honestly departments like Sociology, biochemistry, political sciences are really horrible to say the least, your friend can confide in any lecturer that isn't part of the band of ''dragons'' if you know what i mean...
thanks
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by 1miccza: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2019
Les:
thanks

Don't mention, it's the least that we can do for each other...
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
Les:
my friend o, she attends classes and all that. Trust me, its my friend, i have no business with sociology or what ever its called
She has issue with someone in charge of those courses..let her tell u the truth.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Exodora: 1:25am On Mar 13, 2019
Then she should take it to God , I had similar case a particular lecturer just decided to fail on her 6courses , I tried to confront her but many people stopped me then .
On the 6 courses 'first and second semester oooo' she was handling 3 until we list a lecturer in my final year she was the only one that could lecturer on those courses then so that was how she ended up lecturing us on 6 courses .
Though I had a little misunderstanding with her cos I was trying to let her know the fact she as a professor then took it serious .
I nearly killed myself then me that has never gotten below c in her course except in my first year first semester why then in final year but thank God I ran to God immediately even though it affected my result but am glad that I finally graduated .
The worst part of it is that I loved this lecturer to the last even anybody had prophesy to me I wouldn't have believed it coming from her cos I used to enjoy her course not until that happened.
She should run to God ask God to cause her memory to fail her 'lecrurer' if He can do it for me He can do it for anybody.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Tochex101(m): 7:33pm On Mar 25, 2019
humeeh:

angry
Stupid deep huh, very interesting......been trynna mind my business but your tag is soo interesting.
Love the song like crazy too..... being you love the track I'm sure your kul too.......konbanwa!
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
Tochex101:

Stupid deep huh, very interesting......been trynna mind my business but your tag is soo interesting.
Love the song like crazy too..... being you love the track I'm sure your kul too.......konbanwa!
. Lmao at Konbanwa. What does it mean ? Yeah, I love the track. Insightful lyrics really. Good evening.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Tochex101(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
humeeh:
. Lmao at Konbanwa. What does it mean ? Yeah, I love the track. Insightful lyrics really. Good evening.

That's the meaning up there......nice to meet you.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
Tochex101:

Wow! Nice one. What language is Kobanwa then ? Nice to meet you too.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
Tochex101:

Wow! Nice one. What language is Kobanwa then ? Nice to meet you too.
Re: She Graduated In 2016 But Has Been Failing Two Particular Courses by Tochex101(m): 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
humeeh:

Wow! Nice one. What language is Kobanwa then ?
Nice to meet you too.
Japanese....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OAU Students March For Nigeria At 55 (Funny Photos) / Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / Strike: ASUU Chairman Asks Nigerian Students For Their Cooperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.