Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola (762 Views)

Girl Killed By Stray Bullet In Orlu As Unknown Gunmen Clash With Soldiers PHOTOS / Tayo Sanyaolu: Sanwo-Olu's Aide dies in Horrific Car Accident In Lagos / Orji Kalu, Nigerian & Vatican Ambassadors Spotted In Venezuelan Church (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by Idokojimmy: 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2019
A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots - Marcus Garvey

Permit me to start this contribution with a wise man who once said one of the most profound statements I’ve heard in a long while. He said that “History has a basis for further action.” He said this phrase during a routine office morning meetings in our company before we open the doors of our business to customers. Somehow those words just stuck in my head.

However, recent events in Nigeria call for reflective moment when juxtaposed with current happenings in Venezuela. The ongoing crisis in Venezuela is no longer new as it is news. The South American country was once the wealthiest in Latin America, but now it is literally in turmoil. Scenes from Venezuela are better imagined than experienced. President Nicolas Maduro faces a challenge from opposition leader Juan Guaido, who’s attracting more support internationally and from its military ranks as the crisis lingers on for now, with no end in sight.

In the build-up to the postponed February 16, Presidential and National Assembly elections, a PDP stalwart and former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, had earlier threaten that should President Buhari rig the elections, the “Venezuelan treatment” will be meted out.

Sir, Nigerians know that when your likes begin to beat the drums of war while fanning the embers of religion and ethnic divisiveness, you will not be at the forefront of the protest you are calling for, either will any member of your family lead the charge.

It is unfortunate for Fani-Kayode to draw a parallel of the outcome of the elections to Venezuela as the elections have come and gone with a winner already declared by the electoral body.

Moving forward, it now behoves on all aggrieved aspirants to seek redress in the courts within the ambit of the countries election laws and not resort to protest or demonstrations they can’t control if at all hijacked by hoodlums.

Enough said a word is enough for the wise.

TAYO WROTE FROM LAGOS

cc. OAM4J, Mynd44

Re: Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by PiQi: 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
MAKE WE FOR NO ENTER ONE CHANCE... angry angry angry angry

Idokojimmy:
A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots - Marcus Garvey

Permit me to start this contribution with a wise man who once said one of the most profound statements I’ve heard in a long while. He said that “History has a basis for further action.” He said this phrase during a routine office morning meetings in our company before we open the doors of our business to customers. Somehow those words just stuck in my head.

However, recent events in Nigeria call for reflective moment when juxtaposed with current happenings in Venezuela. The ongoing crisis in Venezuela is no longer new as it is news. The South American country was once the wealthiest in Latin America, but now it is literally in turmoil. Scenes from Venezuela are better imagined than experienced. President Nicolas Maduro faces a challenge from opposition leader Juan Guaido, who’s attracting more support internationally and from its military ranks as the crisis lingers on for now, with no end in sight.

In the build-up to the postponed February 16, Presidential and National Assembly elections, a PDP stalwart and former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, had earlier threaten that should President Buhari rig the elections, the “Venezuelan treatment” will be meted out.

Sir, Nigerians know that when your likes begin to beat the drums of war while fanning the embers of religion and ethnic divisiveness, you will not be at the forefront of the protest you are calling for, either will any member of your family lead the charge.

It is unfortunate for Fani-Kayode to draw a parallel of the outcome of the elections to Venezuela as the elections have come and gone with a winner already declared by the electoral body.

Moving forward, it now behoves on all aggrieved aspirants to seek redress in the courts within the ambit of the countries election laws and not resort to protest or demonstrations they can’t control if at all hijacked by hoodlums.

Enough said a word is enough for the wise.

TAYO WROTE FROM LAGOS

cc. OAM4J, Mynd44

Re: Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by akpanoka: 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
Only those who haven't witnessed war fan it's ember.

Nigerians must work for peace. No citizen in war thorn country likes prevailing realities in his or her country.

Venezuela should be Venezuela and Nigeria Nigeria

No country survives civil war twice
Re: Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by danduke85: 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
Atiku, the PDP man, please "mind the gap". Protesting or not, Venezualan treatment or any other form of threat following the outcome of the election would not revert the victory of President Buhari. Nigerians have given him the mandate to lead for another four years. Therefore, forget all this growling like a wounded pig and focus on supporting Buhari in making Nigeria work as you promised.

Re: Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by Hkatago: 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
In his word sometimes ago, General Gowon warned that no country on earth survives war twice! I love Nigeria and this I speak from my very heart...I have seen people ravaged by war! It impacts are far too much to mention. I in particular pity persons being used as agents to perpetrate same...If u fan flames of war, your kids and family should spear head same. If not, let the drums of peace reign abeg...or let the aggrieved seek the most suitable channel to air their complaint.
Re: Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by Mishaya: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2019
Nigeria’s elections have historically been mostly tensed owing to many factors chief among them which is inflammatory rhetorics by discontented politicians, it is unfortunate that ignorance and poverty will not allow us to resort to the right actions of ignoring violence even as it is we the populace who suffer most, knowing fully well that those initiators will be cowering behind their high walls enjoying the comfort made possible by the same electorates.
Re: Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by Kingsleydr(m): 11:18am On Mar 08, 2019
Re: Dodging The Venezuelan Treatment (bullet) In Nigeria (pix) - Tayo Abimbola by Mishaya: 11:29am On Mar 08, 2019
Violence has and will never move any country forward, lets be wise, If we desire a society of peace, then we cannot achieve such a society through violence.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Still A Dictator - Amaechi Speaks Out / Between Nigeria And Ethiopia, Who Owns Taye? By Abdulrazaq Hamzat / Zik Was A Professional, Ojukwu First Graduate In NA , Who Is Nnamdi Kanu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.