Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna (32354 Views)

Woman Who Set Husband Ablaze Commits Suicide / Imo Housewife Kills Prostitute For Dating Her Husband / Housewife Kills Husband To Remarry Ex-husband In Kebbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by DonCrack: 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2019
Amina Dauda, a housewife accused of killing her husband, Mohammed Matazu, a former reporter with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Kaduna, by setting him ablaze, to know her fate on May 30.

Dauda, 28, was arraigned before Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf, on May 22, 2013, on three counts bordering on culpable homicide, punishable with death.

Justice Baba-Yusuf , fixed the date after adoption of written addresses by Mr Abubakar Musa, prosecuting counsel and defendant counsel, Mr Charles Yoila.

Musa had urged the court to go ahead and convict the defendant, adding that the five witnesses brought by the prosecution produced evidence that pointed at the defendant’s commission of the offence.

“The act of fighting which the defendant engaged in that led to the commission of the offence was unlawful” he said.

Responding, Yoila urged the court to discharge the defendant of the allegation against her.

NAN reports that the prosecutor alleged that Dauda, set sprayed Matazu with petrol in their residence at Gwarinpa, Abuja, on Feb. 7, 2013.

NAN reports that on April 8, 2014 during trial, a prosecution witness, Usman Idoko, the court that the late journalist, was taken to three hospitals before he died from injuries sustained from fire set to him by his wife.

Idoko said the deceased, also a legislative aide to Sen. Mohammed Ibrahim (PDP-Kaduna), was taken to the hospitals by neighbours who were at the crime scene.

Idoko said Matazu was also moved to the National Hospital Abuja, where he was referred to the ABU Teaching Hospital Zaria, Kaduna State.

“My lord, on Feb. 21, 2013, I received news that Matazu had passed on through a letter signed by Sen. Ibrahim. The senator also sent us the death certificate of the late Matazu,’’ he said.

After the death of the victim, Idoko said that the accused was arrested and kept at the State Criminal Investigation Department headquarters, Abuja, for further investigation, where he took her statement and read her rights.

After his testimony, the prosecution counsel, Mr Sunday Adewumi, prayed the court for an adjournment for other witnesses to appear in court.

He said the offence violated the provisions of Section 221 of the Penal Code.

See More: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/03/housewife-kills-and-sets-husband-ablaze.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Forreellinc: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
grin donkey tribe repping

5 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by chizzypresh(f): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hmmmm....dnt knw what to say shaa

1 Like

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by ValCon888: 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
Be careful who you marry. It may just be a demon in human skin.

31 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by chinavs9ja(m): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
shocked

I am a website designer, check my signature
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Oyindidi(f): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
Na wa o
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by passwelle: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
Oyindidi:
Eku Next level grin

Note the date. This occurred in 2013, during the reign of your Poster boy.

10 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by BOOMnaija(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
No trial for her, she should suffer d same fate...

3 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by MXrep: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Senseless abokii woman

4 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Watsoneology: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
This is Bad News.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Here Is The Good News

I Develop Professional and Good Looking Website
Just Contact me on 080 68 60 84 90 whatsapp or call

LET GET THAT UR PROJECT UP AND RUNNING

1 Like

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by seangy4konji: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2019
Well done.
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Oyindidi(f): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
passwelle:

Note the date.
Relax, na space I book grin

1 Like

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Husbandofigbos: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
Forreellinc:
grin donkey tribe repping

You must be an Igbo boy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by fk001(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hmmmmmm
Never marry someone that is aggressive they are all potential killers.

N.B crime knew no tribe or region

4 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by virginboy1(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
Actually my phone can't show pictures but i think the woman has no right to beat up her husband in public. Maybe they should report the matter to their village elders. But if the neighbour refused to pay the rent, they should just kill the landlord and forget about the missing car.. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by babafresh(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ftv
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by GentleMoney: 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
shocked
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
Buhari people grin
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by nasbidemi(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
DonCrack:
Amina Dauda, a housewife accused of killing her husband, Mohammed Matazu, a former reporter with the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN), Kaduna, by setting him ablaze, to know her fate on May 30.

Dauda, 28, was arraigned before Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf, on May 22, 2013, on three counts bordering on culpable homicide, punishable with death.

Justice Baba-Yusuf , fixed the date after adoption of written addresses by Mr Abubakar Musa, prosecuting counsel and defendant counsel, Mr Charles Yoila.

Musa had urged the court to go ahead and convict the defendant, adding that the five witnesses brought by the prosecution produced evidence that pointed at the defendant’s commission of the offence.

“The act of fighting which the defendant engaged in that led to the commission of the offence was unlawful” he said.

Responding, Yoila urged the court to discharge the defendant of the allegation against her.

NAN reports that the prosecutor alleged that Dauda, set sprayed Matazu with petrol in their residence at Gwarinpa, Abuja, on Feb. 7, 2013.

NAN reports that on April 8, 2014 during trial, a prosecution witness, Usman Idoko, the court that the late journalist, was taken to three hospitals before he died from injuries sustained from fire set to him by his wife.

Idoko said the deceased, also a legislative aide to Sen. Mohammed Ibrahim (PDP-Kaduna), was taken to the hospitals by neighbours who were at the crime scene.

Idoko said Matazu was also moved to the National Hospital Abuja, where he was referred to the ABU Teaching Hospital Zaria, Kaduna State.

“My lord, on Feb. 21, 2013, I received news that Matazu had passed on through a letter signed by Sen. Ibrahim. The senator also sent us the death certificate of the late Matazu,’’ he said.

After the death of the victim, Idoko said that the accused was arrested and kept at the State Criminal Investigation Department headquarters, Abuja, for further investigation, where he took her statement and read her rights.

After his testimony, the prosecution counsel, Mr Sunday Adewumi, prayed the court for an adjournment for other witnesses to appear in court.

He said the offence violated the provisions of Section 221 of the Penal Code.

See More: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/03/housewife-kills-and-sets-husband-ablaze.html?m=1

You could see our judiciary system since 2013, case is still in court,
I wonder what will happen next

4 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by freemanbubble: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
Okay
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
Anger is a destroyer, patience is a virtue...

3 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Sultty(m): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
Case still in court since 2013
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by oluakin08: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by ofiko123(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
Things dey happen for this obodo Nigeria..
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Maxi3k(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
they should hang her already

2 Likes

Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by GoodMuyis(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
so bad, the man will happy to marry a beautiful lady as wife months before their wedding
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by dreamwords: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
Afonja y na
Re: Housewife Kills And Sets Husband Ablaze In Kaduna by Inspectorsuga22(m): 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
chizzypresh:
Hmmmm....dnt knw what to say shaa

I understand u my dear...if it had bn dat it was the husband dat set the wife ablaze and killed her u would have known wat to say....u women are all same heartless and wicked...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nadia And Nathan Okoye 2nd Birthday: Paul Okoye Celebrates His Twin Children / Adefemi Egbeoluwa & Wife, Oluwafunmilayo, Murdered In Their Lagos Home / Fleeing Thieves Die After Crashing Their Car In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.