Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY (7432 Views)

What can I feed her to make her grow big? / Is This A Purebred Of Southafrican Mastiff / Giant Southafrican Mastiff (boerboel) Pregnant Female (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 12:05am On Mar 08, 2019
Oh yeah, i think this the time i need the help of Nairaland dog breeders, have always bn a passive reader on nairaland esp the pet forum coz of my love fr dogs.. Years bk i had always wanted to get a dog bk in Schl but i never did. So i finally got a NICE SouthAfrican Mastiff (Beobeol) which her named LADY LUWIS. She is 10wks old now she has bn vaccinated and dewormed once,i feed her wif crushed indomine and pure mashed chicken. I will need u all help to breed her to bcome a fertile and healthy dog..
Core area i need ur hlp
Feeding
Vaccine(time and type)
Hygiene
Medicinal intake
Command and training
Productivity ,etc
I could be reached on 07065732204 call/whatapp
It's doesn't let me take good pictures of her sad
P. S: some of Luwis Siblings are also yet to be sold incase ure interested at an affordable price wink

2 Likes

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by uctomide(m): 12:44am On Mar 08, 2019
she's very lovely...
her next shot should be a month after the first (subject to correction)... A card should have been given to you or you enquire from the person you got it from.
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 6:44am On Mar 08, 2019
Oh a Mnth right, i doubt if the person keeps a vaccination card,Thank you
uctomide:
she's very lovely...
her next shot should be a month after the first (subject to correction)... A card should have been given to you or you enquire from the person you got it from.
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2019
Pls help Luwis has refused to take it's food, and its stool has changed it watery and smells badly now, angry Pls what could be the problem and remedy to this.... I just observe this change yesterday....am scared of my dog loosing weight and falling ill..... What can i do asap??
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by Bomae: 12:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
Join our telegram group to learn more

https:///CanineEducation

Knowing abt dogs lumps and bumps and hhat to do if ur dog has a mass under his skin.

Many dogs especially as they begin to grow old they start growing lumps and bumps on the surface of their skin or just under their skin though it happens with young dogs as well.

Growths can be all kinds of things from benign, skin tags, cysts to bug bites or masses, which can be problematic.

It's always best to play it safe
The best thing to do when u see a new lump or bump is to take ur dog to the vet so that ur vet can evaluate the growth.

Here are some tips to help u keep track of those lumps & bumps, and to begin to figure out which ones u might be able to wait on and which you definitely shouldn’t.

1. Using electric clippers or an electric beard trimmer, slowly and carefully remove the fur from around the growth. Use extreme caution with any masses around the eyes, as the clippers or the falling fur can damage the eye.

NEVER use scissors or a razor to remove fur from around any growths on ur dog's body, as u would likely cut his skin.

Use a ruler, or calipers, to measure the size of the growth when you first notice it. Be sure to record the size and note the date and location on ur pet’s body, too.

Remeasure frequently to monitor for growth.

Use a Sharpie marker to trace the outline of the growth. This is a quick and highly visual way to knw if and when a growth starts to increase in size.

The mark will fade over time but in the short term it will help you identify a fast growing mass.

Take a picture of the growth. Be sure to put a ruler or an object of a known and fixed size (such as a coin) next to the growth and in the frame of the picture, so as to better gauge the size later.

When to see ur vet

If the lump is growing rapidly, ulcerating or bleeding, or otherwise causing ur dog discomfort see ur vet asap.

If The lump is purplish-red or darkly colored.
The growth is associated with or near the breast tissue of a female pet see ur vet.

If the growth is on ur dogs ear or nose, or in their mouth see ur vet asap.

If ur pet exhibits a decrease in energy, appetite, or weight coincident with the development or growth of the mass see ur vet.

If ur dog starts vomiting, having diarrhea, or coughing see ur vet.

If ur dog is showing signs of pain see ur vet.

Earlier vet evaluation is always the safest bet. Some lumps could be cancerous.

whatever you do if u fail to see ur vet PLEASE never attempt to remove, squeeze, or cut off a lump urself regardless of the size or location.

Join our telegram group to learn more

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by agboedeh: 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
MavenMykael:
Pls help Luwis has refused to take it's food, and its stool has changed it watery and smells badly now, angry Pls what could be the problem and remedy to this.... I just observe this change yesterday....am scared of my dog loosing weight and falling ill..... What can i do asap??
look for a good vet around ur area. it could be parvo,worms or other parasites
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by rapcy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2019
MavenMykael:

P. S: some of Luwis Siblings are also yet to be sold incase ure interested at an affordable price wink
how much?
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2019
Thabk you so much i got a vet fr her and he gave her her second shot of dhlpp and i got a wormoff dewormer and also a multivitamin booster, i can see changes in it poo and its still as active as usual but it has not regained it's full appetite as bfr...
agboedeh:
look for a good vet around ur area. it could be parvo,worms or other parasites
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 7:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
They are all sold out now wink
rapcy:
how much?
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by agboedeh: 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
MavenMykael:
Thabk you so much i got a vet fr her and he gave her her second shot of dhlpp and i got a wormoff dewormer and also a multivitamin booster, i can see changes in it poo and its still as active as usual but it has not regained it's full appetite as bfr...
ur vet is not supposed to give ur dog its second shot until full recovery, but the did has already been done.Continue to give multivitamin tablets and try foods she really likes for d main time.gudluck
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
agboedeh:
ur vet is not supposed to give ur dog its second shot until full recovery, but the did has already been done.Continue to give multivitamin tablets and try foods she really likes for d main time.gudluck
Thank you... luwis is so much better now it's poo is solidifying and she is regaining her appetite bk.... Am so happy cheesy ... and she is has active and agile as usual.... That's � the stuffs i use fr her

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2019
LUWIS saying hello to Petlanders today smiley..... Am happy my puppy is growing healthy. Took the pics few mins ago

4 Likes

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by tblackE61(m): 10:19pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nice pup op! Feed him booster or diamond puppy! Am sure u would come back and give me praise ! Mean while luscious is saying hello

2 Likes

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by Bomae: 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2019
Signs and Symptoms That a Dog Is Dying

Join our telegram group to learn everythibg u need to knw abt dogs

Lethargy:
Sleeping more, apathy towards the usual activities, poor hygiene, seeking solitude. In this u help ur dog by
providing him with comfortable places to rest and assist with gentle grooming.

Decreased Appetite:
Showing disinterest in food, eating small portions, eating less regularly, demonstrating a preference for certain foods. U help ur dog by providing smaller meals at appropriate frequencies, be sure to offer proper nutrition, but also feed what ur dog takes interest in.

Weight Loss:
Gradual or rapid reduction in weight accompanied by wasting,
Uur vet might prescribe an appetite stimulant or diet for weight management.

Social Detachment:
Isolation,physical and social distancing.
Help ur dog by respecting his desire for solitude and approach and speak to him or her calmly when engaging.

Reduced Mobility:
Difficulty getting up and effortful movements.
Offer skid-proof flooring and consider using slings and harnesses to assist with mobility.

Decreased Thirst:
Disinterest in water and food. Help ur dog by making the water bowl easily available. Do not force ur dog to consume water.

Restlessness:
Visible discomfort.
Help ur dog to get comfortable by repositioning them to prevent bed sores. Offer them warmth or cooling as needed.

Pain:
Often accompanied by labored breathing, restlessness, and inappetence.
Consult with ur vet to offer pain meds or homeopathic remedies.

Labored Breathing &
Irregular breath patterns. Help ur dog by making an appointment with ur vet.

Change in Gum Color:
Rather than bubble-gum pink, gums appear pale, blue, or white
A dry mouth can be remedied with assistance, but gum-color change is often a result of systemic failure.

Cool Body:
Body temperature drops and is cooler to the touch.
Provide ur dog with a light blanket.

Lethargy is an early indication of an aging dog.

Although several of the signs depicted here may be indicative of impending death, it's important to recognize that they may also be signs of several conditions that require treatment and may not necessarily result in death so always consult with ur vet.

Not all dogs may show the same signs and/or they may not show up in the same order. As mentioned, death in dogs is an individualized experience.

Join our telegram group to learn everythibg u need to knw abt dogs

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 7:14pm On Mar 17, 2019
tblackE61:
Nice pup op! Feed him booster or diamond puppy! Am sure u would come back and give me praise ! Mean while luscious is saying hello
oh ok i would also try that , wow luscious looks good, can he be Luwis boyfriend *lol* he would make a good stud.... Pls i can find some injury around luscious leg,i can find one or two in luwis leg also which makes me worried, how can i treat and prevent this
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by Ayoboo: 10:30am On Mar 18, 2019
Get these dog food, try them out you will be blown away

Pro Pac Ultimates

CanneX (grain free)

Available at selected vet, pet stores & breeders

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2019
Ok thanks, how much do they cost?
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by Bomae: 11:40am On Mar 19, 2019
Join our telegram group to learn everything abt dogs

Ur dogs and Marijuana.

Marijuana and cigarettes are bad for dogs. Dogs can get high wen they take marijuana and it can be a dangerous experience. If they injest it then the sooner u seek vet help the better.

Most cases they would require evaluation and mild supportive care, but some can have serious complications.

Dogs do get high, but they experience the effects differently and more intensely than humans. In other words, a dog on weed is no laughing matter and, actually, is in a high state of distress. If u aren’t certain whether ur dog has consumed marijuana, u may observe the following signs:
Dribbling urine
Walking like they’re drunk (or high)
Beginning to fall over while standing still
Low heart rate
Low blood pressure
Wide, dilated pupils
Easily startled by sounds

If ur dog is showing one or more of these signs, and there’s any possibility of exposure or u av it at home it’s probably safe to conclude ur dog ate weed and take him to the vet.

Dogs have more cannabinoid receptors in their brains than people which means the effects of weed will likely be more pronounced and, potentially, more toxic.

Other toxic substance are chocolates, onions, fats like butter and oils, animal fat which can cause a serious case of pancreatitis in a dog.

Marijuana smokers might also wonder if dogs can be hurt by secondhand smoke.
ur dog can still get high from marijuana smoke. If u are in an enclosed space with a stifling amount of smoke, u may be putting ur dog (and yourself) at risk.

For small amounts of smoke in ventilated areas, it is less likely ur dogs will experience any side effects. If u do choose to smoke near ur dog, be sure to monitor them for unusual behavior or difficulty breathing. Its best u dont smoke close to them anyway.

More importantly, don’t blow smoke in ur dog’s face whether cigarette or weed, it’s just cruel.

The risk of death from marijuana is relatively low for dogs. However, the risk is greater if a smaller dog ingests a large amount of marijuana.

Treatment for marijuana ingestion depends on how recently the ingestion occurred and how affected the dog is. If noticed very early, a dog may be able to receive treatment to decontaminate them (to get it out of their system) and avoid or minimize any of the potential effects of the marijuana.

In mild cases, treatment is typically supportive in nature. Meaning that if ur dog cannot effectively or safely eat or drink on their own, they may need IV fluids.

If a dog develops aspiration pneumonia due to vomiting with an altered mental state, then they are likely to need oxygen therapy and IV antibiotics.

Those of u that have
brachycephalic dogs such as pugs, lhasa, bulldogs, Chihuahuas plz do not smoke close to them or expose to any form of smoke. They are prone to breathing issues.

Join our telegram group to learn everything abt dogs

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by Ayoboo: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2019
MavenMykael:
Ok thanks, how much do they cost?

Pro Pac Ultimates 20kg

CanineX 18kg

Ranges between N27000-N30000
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by AfricaNigerian: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
tblackE61:
I'm usually afraid of big dogs like this cry I've never touched a Bb as big as this... The Bb I ever touched was mine and a pup grin
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
You all thanks for the replay, sorry fr the late response.. . Hve bn so busy, nd i will look into getting on of those food for her at mnth end by thn her crushed indomine nd chicken will be finished, pls i noticed LUWIS' fur/coat are getting bad and ugly i can see rashes and injuries on her,i bathe her weekly thou... How can i treat and also prevent this??,it making me sad rn..... And can i feed her Custard hope it's not bad fr dog health??

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2019
I need a response asap pls
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by Forreellinc: 1:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
cleanse the dogs insides often to get rid of parasites.
you can use this drug

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
Like i don't get i should use hypo to Clean the inside of the kennel (i do that weekly) or the body which i think might be absurd ..... Pls explain I don't get??

I need treatment fr it's body!!!
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by theecaus(m): 8:51am On Mar 23, 2019
As far as I know it’s probably from the environment we live in and the type of dog we keep. It’s on my BB too

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by Bomae: 12:06pm On Mar 23, 2019
Join our telegram grouo to learn everything u need to knw abt dogs.

Spaying and Neutering Your Puppy or Adult Dog: Questions and

What is the difference between spay and neuter and y do people do it?

Spaying. spaying or ovariohysterectomy, is a vet surgical procedure performed under general anesthesia by removing the ovaries and uterus of a female dog

While Neutering or castration, is the surgical removal of a male dog’s testes. Also performed under general anesthesia. A Neutered dog can still av an erection while a spayed female wont come on heat again.

Why do people do it?
Some people find it irritating seen blood discharge from their dogs. Some dont have the time to take care of pregnant dogs and their puppies. Some do not have the technical ability or finance. And some do it as a result of complications or health issues with the female dog.

If u dont live in a fensed compound and ur female is not spayed in some cases it can bring unwanted males around when shes on heat and they she produce unwanted babies. This is another reason y some spay they females.

Having a litter is expensive and involves a lot of time and energy on your part. The bitch will require veterinary care during pregnancy. Delivery can sometimes be difficult and involve costly surgery or result in the loss of the bitch or puppies. The litter will also require veterinary care and shots after birth. On top of that, finding good homes for puppies can be very difficult. Spaying and neutering is a responsible way to prevent accidental breeding resulting in unwanted puppies. Breeding should be left to breeders who have an organized plan and knowledge about canine genetics, and who are concerned with preserving a breed’s best qualities for future generations.
Reduction of certain health risks. Spaying or neutering can lead to a reduction in certain health risks for both female and male dogs. Unspayed females can develop a painful and life-threatening infection of the uterus called pyometra. Unspayed females are also at a higher risk of mammary tumors than females that have been spayed. Neutering a male dog prevents testicular cancer and reduces the risk of other problems, such as prostate disease. A neutered male dog might also have less desire to roam.
May help with certain behavior issues. In addition to reducing roaming in male dogs, neutering can often, though not always, help reduce or eliminate undesirable behaviors, such as leg-lifting and mounting. Neutering may also decrease aggressive behavior in some dogs. Spayed females are also less likely to roam.
It’s important to note that recent data suggests neutering before puberty may instill a tendency toward shyness and insecure behavior.

Join our telegram grouo to learn everything u need to knw abt dogs.

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 1:47pm On Mar 23, 2019
Wow, ur BB is cute,how many month is she in that pics....
I just think i will keep bathin regularly
theecaus:
As far as I know it’s probably from the environment we live in and the type of dog we keep. It’s on my BB too
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by theecaus(m): 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2019
MavenMykael:
Wow, ur BB is cute,how many month is she in that pics....
I just think i will keep bathin regularly
Thank you, you have a very cute dog too. He’s 2years now. Guess bathing regularly and keeping the dog kennel clean at all time will help very much.
Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
Oh yea thanks, i will keep doing that

1 Like

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by theecaus(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2019
MavenMykael:
Oh yea thanks, i will keep doing that
you’re welcome bro, keep taking good care of Luwis for us. grin

1 Like

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by MavenMykael(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2019
Just Feel like Showing petlanders Lady Luwis, she's four mnth old now!!.. She has taken her DhLPP vaccine 3ice, i deworm her mnthly also.... Just wanna know your views on her growth and development ,i updated last when she was 3mnth..

1 Like

Re: Luwis,Nice SouthAfrican Mastiff(Beorbeol):NEEDS UR HELP TO MAKE HER GROW HEALTHY by theecaus(m): 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
You’re doing a good job bro, keep taking care of here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sarplaninac Vs Caucasian / Lets Share Ideas On How To Cut Cost On Ur Dog / Dairy About Chase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.