Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor (20848 Views)

Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo / Man Regains Sight After 21 Years Of Blindness / You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by officIalB: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2019
@BloggerDonald

A Nigerian doctor, Bobby Egemba, has taken to his Twitter handle to state that shaking a crying baby in wrong.

In a series of tweets, Egemba said shaking a crying baby can have adverse effects such as ''blindness, brain damage'' and many others.

Source: https://www.bloggerdonald.com/bobby-egemba/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by peteruuu(m): 10:33am On Mar 08, 2019
God bless all mothers out there.

Those expecting the fruits of the womb would soon announce their bundle of joy.
So shall it be.

Remember today is INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY.
You all shall laugh very soon. Laughter of joy. Amen.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 08, 2019
My mama na slap she dey use stop my tears when I dey small

And obviously I'm not blind

32 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by daddytime(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2019
Hmmm...

A new knowledge acquired. We keep learning on a daily.

5 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Immaculatesnow(m): 11:01am On Mar 08, 2019
grin great advice grin that why we have many mad educated people in Nigeria cheesy how can you be normal and be going to a pagan church to dash a man your money wink aturus everywhere

Bring your Adsense and website so I can buy it

5 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by MelaninGold(f): 12:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
peteruuu:

Those expecting the fruits of the womb would soon announce of their bundle of joy.
So shall it be.

amen... I'm going to be a mummy Soon

55 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by naijapage(f): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by peteruuu(m): 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2019
MelaninGold:
amen... I'm going to be a mummy Soon
God bless you. Amen.

16 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
Very good thread.

Thanks so much for sharing this OP.

You've surely saved some babies life through this!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
In Odunlade's voice.....Nice one!!!
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Pidginwhisper: 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2019
grin
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Timekeeper: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2019
Shibaraba:

Bcox she knows you are abnormal already, so if blind or or brain damage, it's still a win win outcome for her..

Cheers
Happy women's day

5 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by freemanbubble: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2019
Okay
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by santopelele(m): 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
I LOVE MY MOMMA, AND MY KIDS ARE GONNA LOVE ME TOO

1 Like

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by sexyberry06(f): 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
Noted
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
Timekeeper:

Bcox she knows you are abnormal already, so if blind or or brain damage, it's still a win win outcome for her..

Cheers
Happy women's day
Oya come and be going

3 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Kingjames(m): 2:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
But beyond just looking at the economy, it is important to do something about uncontrolled population growth. People should not continue to procreate without adequate provision for the proper upbringing of the children.  In 1979, when China discovered that its massive population was beginning to pose a problem to the economy, the one-child-per-family policy was introduced, followed by rigorous family planning. Incentives were given to those who could stick with that policy, while those who flouted it were punished with heavy taxation and loss of privileges.

7 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by dandydrey(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
Nice
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
See me thinking he meant handshake lol. grin had to open the thread to confirm.

1 Like

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by KingAzubuike(f): 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
When I saw the headline, I knew it would definitely be from the mouth of a Nigerian doctor. Na them dey say things like "don't eat suya, you will die" ..."akamu is not good for you, it can block your throat. ". " Too much rice is not good for your body, it can cause cancer".

8 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by babaireti(m): 2:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
Ipob medicine
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Jacqueline22(f): 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
peteruuu:

Those expecting the fruits of the womb would soon announce of their bundle of joy.
So shall it be.

Amen I’m next

4 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by jacoik(m): 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
I don't think this story is for Nigeria consumption. as the baby dey cry sef na so slap go still land for him face even some go wan dey throw the baby up n down some go even dey shake d baby not to cry more. we don blind finish? stupid science

2 Likes

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Isoduwa(m): 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2019
Shibaraba:

But at least you are � a dull boy
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by itu404(m): 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2019
Haba! Doctor, that must be some shaking to cause such a damage. the human body is not so fragile like many are wont to think. grin grin grin
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by peteruuu(m): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
Jacqueline22:

Amen I’m next
Receive it.
Serve God in the Spirit and the truth.
He'll make a way for you. Amen.
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by mytime24(f): 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
Keep scrolling down

you'll see the comment you're looking for embarassed
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2019
mtcheew

Do you think the human body Na egg, even egg sef, shake am raw inside the shell, the yolk will never mix with the white stuff, talkless of small shaking way human baby dey get.

Next time some1 will even say we should not BREATH IN OXYGEN cause of dangerous particles in the Air

1 Like

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
mytime24:
Keep scrolling down

you'll see the comment you're looking for embarassed
Wow
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by KingWarri: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
KingAzubuike:
When I saw the headline, I knew it would definitely be from the mouth of a Nigerian doctor. Na them dey say things like "don't eat suya, you will die" ..."akamu is not good for you, it can block your throat. ". " Too much rice is not good for your body, it can cause cancer".
grin no mind them. Their mate they discover useful things them dey here dey rant tatatatata...... even for America, Europe and Asia them still dey shake pikin if e dey cry.... tongue
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Uglymind: 3:10pm On Mar 08, 2019
These are the type of things that should be on nairaland front page not garbage news like toke bobrisky c c and co

I'm impressed
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by africanusvu(m): 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2019
OP.IF THIS IS TRUE,THEN,EVEN THE THE DOCTOR THAT SAID THIS WLD AV BEEN BLIND BY NOW

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available / UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery / COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.