Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor (20845 Views)

Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo / Man Regains Sight After 21 Years Of Blindness / You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World (2) (3) (4)

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by adetwin(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
help me ask the Doctor, did her mum not shake him when he was a baby
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by skyfather09(m): 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2019
which person with e right senses go dey shake pikin wey dey cry...
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
Isoduwa:

But at least you are � a dull boy
I agree sir. See how smart you are sir
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Mamakimy97: 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=peteruuu post=76456728]God bless all mothers out there.

Those expecting the fruits of the womb would soon announce of their bundle of joy.
So shall it be.

Remember today is INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY.
You all shall laugh very soon. Laughter of joy. AMEN

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2019
Them start again. Since wey dem dey shake babies nothing happen.infact them shake 99.9% of Nigerians but who knows maybe na the shaking make us be like these today and our president own na over shaking.Download this nairalander's lovely song http://www.naijapals.com/music/Searching_for_love_Xpol-89179
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Freddonance(m): 3:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
It is true that new born babies do not have the ability to control their neck. The fact that shaking a baby can lead to brain damage I don't think it's entirely true. the reason is that the brain is bathed in fluid called cerebrospinal fluid which acts to cushion any such trauma. the brain is not in direct contact with the skull so there is no way shaking a baby can cause brain damage.
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by donhils: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
As much as he might be making sense of what he's saying, I don't completely buy it. Why? I mean shaking crying babies has been one effective way of making them to stop crying and I haven't seen those babies turn out blind or mentally ill afterwards. So I'll pass this one
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by PassiveNaira: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
Doctor, I have nothing to prove you wrong but imagine GEJ who was grew in the village where he had no shoes, I am sure he would have been shakened time without number when crying for shoes.

A word is enough for the wise. The world we live now is quite different from how our parents lived it. What seems good and normal then are wrong and abnormal in our generation.
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by peteruuu(m): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2019
Mamakimy97:
I'm expecting thanks for d prayer
Receive it. You'll be blessed beyond your imaginations. Amen.

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Horlhamhi(f): 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2019
wow... thanks for this knowledge.
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2019
MelaninGold:
amen... I'm going to be a mummy Soon

May your baby give you joy inexplicable, in Jesus' Name. kiss
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2019
KingAzubuike:
When I saw the headline, I knew it would definitely be from the mouth of a Nigerian doctor. Na them dey say things like "don't eat suya, you will die" ..."akamu is not good for you, it can block your throat. ". " Too much rice is not good for your body, it can cause cancer".
please, disprove the claim that shaking a baby can cause blindness. Dr. KingAzubuike
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by SirLakes: 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
Lol grin
Most of us if not all for this 9ja for don blind if true.

Booozit
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by MelaninGold(f): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2019
PrimadonnaO:

May your baby give you joy inexplicable, in Jesus' Name. kiss
amen, thanks... I wish you the same

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Boomshasha2: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2019
Shibaraba:
My mama na slap she dey use stop my tears when I dey small

And obviously I'm not blind

Then U've got your brain damaged...
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by nwanyiugbo122(f): 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
he is saying the truth.
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Mamakimy97: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
peteruuu:

Receive it. You'll be blessed beyond your imaginations. Amen.
Amen

Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Mamakimy97: 6:24am On Oct 28, 2019
Mamakimy97:
I tap oh lord from dis again...let November not pass me by...My twin boy nd girl come I receive u.im Jesus name.Amen
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Mamakimy97: 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Mamakimy97:
Amen
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by seborrhic: 11:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
So a Dr trained in a medical school said shaking a baby may even lead to Cerebral palsy!
O my God!
Re: Never Shake A Crying Baby, It Could Lead To Blindness And Brain Damage- Doctor by Viktoreze(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
Basically everything we do or don't do daily in our lives can in some way result in a negative outcome. Eg Driving can lead to car accidents, taking flights can lead to death via Plane Crash, just name it.

But the beauty of living a life in tune with God is that you lose all the fears of the unknown because you know your creator who has watched over you from the day your dad's sperm cell fertilized the egg in your mother's womb which resulted in your conception never slumbers nor sleeps.

Nevertheless we will continue to adhere to medical advice but we will never live a life of fear and uncertainty because medical theories proven today will most likely be nullified by new researches and discoveries tomorrow. Peace be unto you smiley

Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available / UNIBEN Professor Recants HIV/AIDS Cure Discovery / COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing