Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,986 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:57 AM

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? (19680 Views)

Ooni of ife, Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos greeting people [PICS] / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2019
goalernestman:

Bring the Oyo empire in the Africa map let we all see

If You Insist On The Fact That Oyo Empire Never Existed,why Then Did Both Old And New Historians,both African And European Historians Aver To The Fact That Oyo Empire Existed.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 3:28pm On Mar 16, 2019
goalernestman:

Oyo empire is faked as super man

That Is From Your Own Perception.
Thats Not The General Belief.
Great Historians Have Always Augue For And Against That Motion.
So Note That,the Ideology Of One Person,speak For The Belief Of The Multitude.
Even Jesus Was Opposed,degraded And Disparaged By Many People,even In His Home Town.
So,believe In What You Believe,but Aim To Help Your Belief The More By Getting Knowledge Through Meditation And Comparason Of Various Ideas.
Thanks.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 3:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
davidnazee:

Please can you give me a detailed account of Oyo Empire’s military campaign/war. If Oyo Empire is real then there should be accounts or stories of wars it fought.. give a detailed account like how the war started, how it unfolded how it was won or lost.. I want full story not just headline. All great empires that existed have stories of wars and military campaigns and expansions they carried out. Oyo should not be different.

I Believe One Thing Will Help You
And The Thing Is The Story Of Afonja.Who He Was And How He Gained Independence For Ilorin Through The Help Of Sheu Alimi From The Oyo Empire.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 3:35pm On Mar 16, 2019
Dartilo:

Tribal mark system started in benin to prevent anyone to be sold into slavery, around the 14th century a dutch merchant attempted to shoot the oba because the oba was hiding it's slave that escape, rumour had it that the oba invaded the merchant and free the slave because the merchant was accused of kidnapping an indigene and he was frustrated...
Note this indigene was a commoner but the oba intervene because the benins saw themselves as superior being not to talk of been sold out

This Is Laughable,complicated But Interesting.
The Fact Remains That Nigerians Were Sold Into Slavery In All Parts Of Nigeria Land.
So I Dont Know Where You've Being Getting Your Own Facts From.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 3:38pm On Mar 16, 2019
Weedfree:

u mean the same Oyo empire that said conquered Ogun, ekiti, Lagos and ondo state just so u know.

The Fact That The Empire Claims That It Conquered Ogun,ekiti,lagos And Ondo States Is Not An Indication That It Conquered The Whole Of Yoruba Land..
It Never Claims It Conquered Ilesha,ife Etc
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 4:58pm On Mar 16, 2019
Oshi5403:

The Fact That The Empire Claims That It Conquered Ogun,ekiti,lagos And Ondo States Is Not An Indication That It Conquered The Whole Of Yoruba Land..
It Never Claims It Conquered Ilesha,ife Etc

Oyo empire couldn't conquer ife because it is forbidden and llesha is another powerful kingdom in its own right but it is said oyo empire is said to have united all of Yoruba land under one rule.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2019
Oyo empire military was weak internally and externally it was more of a large kingdom all the wars fought by oyo they lost

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 10:14am On Mar 17, 2019
Weedfree:

Oyo empire couldn't conquer ife because it is forbidden and llesha is another powerful kingdom in its own right but it is said oyo empire is said to have united all of Yoruba land under one rule.

The Claim Of Unification Of The Whole Of Yoruba Land By The Oyo Empire Under One Rule Is A Kind Of Confederational System Of Government.The Ife,ilesha Etc Kingdom Were Unified With The Oyo Empire,but The Greatest Power Reside With Component States And Not The Central.

Other Parts Of Yoruba Land That Were Conquestly Subjugated Under The Oyo Empire Were Full Proof Subjects Of The Oyo Empire,under The Unitary System Of Government Of The Oyo Empire.

Confederation And Unitarisation Are Different System Of Govts
Thanks.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oshi5403:

The Claim Of Unification Of The Whole Of Yoruba Land By The Oyo Empire Under One Rule Is A Kind Of Confederational System Of Government.The Ife,ilesha Etc Kingdom Were Unified With The Oyo Empire,but The Greatest Power Reside With Component States And Not The Central.

Other Parts Of Yoruba Land That Were Conquestly Subjugated Under The Oyo Empire Were Full Proof Subjects Of The Oyo Empire,under The Unitary System Of Government Of The Oyo Empire.

Thanks.

Now you're talking the empire was never use to war in an attempt by the oyo to strength is power within the confedral state that's when the kiriji war broke out....

Oyo empire in anyway shouldn't be used to compare the benin empire it just sad the benins is just a city against the yoruba 5 state it is a pity our voice cant go louder even when we try to tell the real story

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 2:15pm On Mar 17, 2019
gregyboy:

Now you're talking the empire was never use to war in an attempt by the oyo to strength is power within the confedral state that's when the kiriji war broke out....

Oyo empire in anyway shouldn't be used to compare the benin empire it just sad the benins is just a city against the yoruba 5 state it is a pity our voice cant go louder even when we try to tell the real story

You Are Making Your Auguement To Be Tribalistically Based.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oshi5403:

You Are Making Your Auguement To Be Tribalistically Based.
Thanks.

Not me tge yorubas are distorting history because we are small
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
gregyboy:

Not me tge yorubas are distorting history because we are small

Well,i Appreciate Ur Contributions.Am Just On A Thorough And Extensive Study Of The Three Kingdoms.I Will Be In Benin Palace Very Soon To Interview The Oba Of Benin And His Prime Minister.
Thanks Again.
Am From Enugu State.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oshi5403:

Thanks.

If they had form an alliance then why was it called oyo empire not the alliance of Oyo, ife, and llesha and where was oyo when ife fought the owu and asked the ijebus for help not oyo.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oshi5403:

Well,i Appreciate Ur Contributions.Am Just On A Thorough And Extensive Study Of The Three Kingdoms.I Will Be In Benin Palace Very Soon To Interview The Oba Of Benin And His Prime Minister.
Thanks Again.
Am From Enugu State.

You need no visit to benin before you could tell who was superior if you tell me youre going to oba palace for tourism i will hear not for an argument you know the answer already to ...you should be comparing the benin empire with sokoto not oyo an alien can already tell who was superior with the comment
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oshi5403:

If You Insist On The Fact That Oyo Empire Never Existed,why Then Did Both Old And New Historians,both African And European Historians Aver To The Fact That Oyo Empire Existed.

Who Aver to fact what fact if really this is true why not bring the European source of Oyo empire, even the Ghana they claim they extend to have noting like Oyo in their history, even the Benin empire who is more far from them than Oyo is in their history map and Oyo is not

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2019
goalernestman:

Who Aver to fact what fact if really this is true why not bring the European source of Oyo empire, even the Ghana they claim they extend to have noting like Oyo in their history, even the Benin empire who is more far from them than Oyo is in their history map and Oyo is not

Go And Do More Studying.
Thanks.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2019
gregyboy:

You need no visit to benin before you could tell who was superior if you tell me youre going to oba palace for tourism i will hear not for an argument you know the answer already to ...you should be comparing the benin empire with sokoto not oyo an alien can already tell who was superior with the comment

Thats Ur Opinion Though
But Mind U,i Would Not Be Visiiting To Know Who Is Superior Or Inferior.
I Would Be Visiting To Catch The History And Power Of The Benin Kingdom From The Mouths Of The Oba And His Prime Minister.

Same Goes To Ife Kingdom,ilesha Kingdom,ibadan Kingdom And The Oyo Kingdom.

I Am Preparing To Write A Book Based On The Yoruba And The Benin History.
Thanks
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2019
Oshi5403:

I Believe One Thing Will Help You
And The Thing Is The Story Of Afonja.Who He Was And How He Gained Independence For Ilorin Through The Help Of Sheu Alimi From The Oyo Empire.

Afonja is just one man that betrayed his ruler, he is not Oyo empire. I said give me detailed accounts of Oyo Empire’s wars and sovereignty over other lands.
I can give u details and links of Benin kingdom’s military campaigns of expansion and sovereignty over Yoruba lands and beyond and even accounts of how many times Benin has to quell uprising and revolts by its vassal states and executed ur rulers for revolting against Benin administrations.
Benin colonized parts of Yoruba lands.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 11:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
davidnazee:

Afonja is just one man that betrayed his ruler, he is not Oyo empire. I said give me detailed accounts of Oyo Empire’s wars and sovereignty over other lands.
I can give u details and links of Benin kingdom’s military campaigns of expansion and sovereignty over Yoruba lands and beyond and even accounts of how many times Benin has to quell uprising and revolts by its vassal states and executed ur rulers for revolting against Benin administrations.

Nigga,am Not A Yoruba Man
Am From Enugu State
Am The Op Of This Thread
Am Just Trying To Gather Trueth To Help In My Literary Work.
Thanks

But I Still Dont Agree With You Based On Past And Present Account Of Great Historians.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by BabaAroba: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:
I think between the Oba of Benin and Alaafin of Oyo though. But I will give it to the Oba of Benin. Ooni no reach Alaafin.
, Try to know your history okay.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by BabaAroba: 9:34am On Mar 18, 2019
Oshi5403:
I Have Extensively Studied The History Behind The Relationship Between The Benin Empire And The Yoruba Various Kingdoms From Different Sources.
But I Am Yet To Ascertain Who Is Superior Among The Three Most Respected Kingdom In The Present Day Southern Part Of Nigeria History Namely;
*the Oyo Empire Headed By The Alaafin Of Oyo,and Founded By Alaafin Oranmiyan
*the Benin Kingdom Headed By The Oba Of Benin,and Founded By Eweka,a Biological Son To Oranmiyan And
*the Ile Ife Kingdom Headed By The Ooni Of Ife And Having Oduduwa As The Founder.

The Binis Claim They Are Superior In The Sense That Oduduwa Was A Banished Prince From Benin Kingdom While The Ile Ife People Claim That Oduduwa Was Never From Benin.The Alaafin Of Oyo Also Has The Belief That Hes Superior Due To The Historical Connection Of The Prowess Of Oranmiya Among Other Things,In The Whole Yoruba Land.The Benins Even Claim They Are Not Part Of The Yoruba Tribe.

So,lets Clarify Ourselves.
Who Is Superior?
What Is The Connection Among Them?
Try to follow my facebook and Instagram you'll know much about this and you can ask me any question there
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
BabaAroba:
And why don't u say what ur history tells concerning this The greatest Oba I know is the Oba of Benin.. consult ur history because i know mine very well

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2019
BabaAroba:
Try to follow my facebook and Instagram you'll know much about this and you can ask me any question there

Give Me Your Facebuk Name Or Add Me Up @oshi Abuchi Emmanuel

Thanks
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
davidnazee:

Fallacy
Unproveable History
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
goalernestman:

Every Tribe Is Trying Hard To Protect There Dignity And Respect With Cooked Up History.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 12:47am On Mar 19, 2019
Oshi5403:

Every Tribe Is Trying Hard To Protect There Dignity And Respect With Cooked Up History.
Thanks.

You're are smart you could deduce yourself ....but don't believe that mecca shit or the sky diving demon
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 5:03am On Mar 19, 2019
gregyboy:

You're are smart you could deduce yourself ....but don't believe that mecca shit or the sky diving demon

Neither Will I Believe The Ekadarhan Myth Or The Izoduwa Myth.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 9:31am On Mar 19, 2019
Oshi5403:

Neither Will I Believe The Ekadarhan Myth Or The Izoduwa Myth.

Something tell me you're partially biased or your half yoruba even if you're igbo....even if you denial it i fucking dont care.... If i was to be from another i will pick that of the benin in all sense of reasoning it correlate ....i shouldn't just doubt you like that
Now Tell me why dont you believe the benin version of reality of Oduduwa when it affirm all manner of reality

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by LuciferAdvocate(m): 2:11pm On Mar 19, 2019
BabaAroba:
Oya teach me sir..
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 12:34am On Mar 20, 2019
goalernestman:

Why not check source of the European. I have found that all west African history contradict the Oyo empire.

I found Oyo empire only in Yoruba history and not the world or Africa. as I was saying above I just google the Ghana Empire today reading it I found Benin empire if oyo really happened it should be more closer to Ghana than Benin but I saw Benin and no Oyo.

And also any ancient map of Africa you see the author or source being a European you always see Benin, Ghana, Dahomey but no Oyo.

Wait did you mean u saw the map or Benin empire actually had contact with Ghana empire because Ghana empire is older than Benin empire and Benin used a lot of centuries to senior Oyo empire it maybe the dating of the map was when Oyo empire was not yet established or Europeans had not yet had contact with Oyo empire.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 2:29am On Mar 20, 2019
Weedfree:

Wait did you mean u saw the map or Benin empire actually had contact with Ghana empire because Ghana empire is older than Benin empire and Benin used a lot of centuries to senior Oyo empire it maybe the dating of the map was when Oyo empire was not yet established or Europeans had not yet had contact with Oyo empire.

Yes that is the reason I said it fabricated. in the history of Oyo or Yoruba or Oyo empire they came in contact with Ghana, European, fight wars with Benin edo but in all this kingdom history there is nothing like Oyo.

In Benin history where they come in contact with any kingdom it also dated by the kingdom.

It just like I will say I buy a Toyota car in a company in New York when you go there you find no trace of my purchase and the company will say they haven't see a man like me in there before.

So Oyo empire is faked as super man only real to Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by BabaAroba: 9:38am On Mar 20, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:

Oya teach me sir..
my facebook page 'aroba baba itan',facebook 'baba aroba baba itan,instergram 'babaaroba' also on twitter in less than hour now i will be online live video you can ask me any question their

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Asagba Of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien, Is Dead / As A Nigerian-american, I Would Like Insight On Which Language To Learn / Sanusi & Kukah Meet Archbishop Of Canterbury In Italy(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.