Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? (19917 Views)

Ooni of ife, Oba of Benin and Oba of Lagos greeting people [PICS] / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by BabaAroba: 9:42am On Mar 20, 2019
Oshi5403:

Give Me Your Facebuk Name Or Add Me Up @oshi Abuchi Emmanuel

Thanks
good i will,very soon now i will be live on facebook video,my facebook 'baba aroba baba itan,my page 'Aroba baba itan' instergraham' babaaroba' also on twitter and my youtube too
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Oshi5403(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2019
gregyboy:

Something tell me you're partially biased or your half yoruba even if you're igbo....even if you denial it i fucking dont care.... If i was to be from another i will pick that of the benin in all sense of reasoning it correlate ....i shouldn't just doubt you like that
Now Tell me why dont you believe the benin version of reality of Oduduwa when it affirm all manner of reality

The Reason Is That I Have A Target Which Is To Write Out A Book About The Yoruba And The Benin History.So I Cant Quee With A Version Of The Mythical Histories,leaving Other Versions Untouched.

Am Making An All Round Comparason And Examination Of The Whole Versions.

And There Are Still A Lot Of Questions Arising From The Various Versions Which Are Still Standing Unanswered.

Thanks.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
goalernestman:

Yes that is the reason I said it fabricated. in the history of Oyo or Yoruba or Oyo empire they came in contact with Ghana, European, fight wars with Benin edo but in all this kingdom history there is nothing like Oyo.

In Benin history where they come in contact with any kingdom it also dated by the kingdom.

It just like I will say I buy a Toyota car in a company in New York when you go there you find no trace of my purchase and the company will say they haven't see a man like me in there before.

So Oyo empire is faked as super man only real to Yorubas

It could be the map shows all the kingdoms that have existed in West Africa and Oyo empire never came in contact with Ghana empire which is not even located in present day Ghana but in Mali. it may not be all accounts of Benin empire may be true.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by LuciferAdvocate(m): 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2019
BabaAroba:
my facebook page 'aroba baba itan',facebook 'baba aroba baba itan,instergram 'babaaroba' also on twitter in less than hour now i will be online live video you can ask me any question their

Okay thanks
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2019
davidnazee:

Afonja is just one man that betrayed his ruler, he is not Oyo empire. I said give me detailed accounts of Oyo Empire’s wars and sovereignty over other lands.
I can give u details and links of Benin kingdom’s military campaigns of expansion and sovereignty over Yoruba lands and beyond and even accounts of how many times Benin has to quell uprising and revolts by its vassal states and executed ur rulers for revolting against Benin administrations.
Benin colonized parts of Yoruba lands.

You and greyboy are just bitter against Yoruba successful expeditions and global acceptance for nothing and I still wonder why you are always bitter about Yoruba successes and achievements. Always trying to discredit everything concerning Yoruba with your lies and propaganda. No human fore bearer of any human or alien ancestor extinct or alive can undone what the Yoruba have achieved from time immemorial.

The Dahomey took advantage of the on going rancour and internal disputes as the power of Alaafin was waning due to internal agitation and displeasure and hence subsequent weakening of the central and arrear defense. Many Yoruba Town and villages were formed during this period due to exodus of people form Oyo and it environs. There have never been any defeat to the entire Yoruba by war. Dahomey only secede with minimal restrictions. Normally Alaafin would have pronounce a decree for the head of their King but had to look away because his empire was already on fire due to internal civil war.

Let me tell you a secrete today. Do you know why the Yoruba never lost a war? It is because they normally consult IFA to know if they will win the war or not, just like Kings of Israelite, If they know they will loose a war? they will tactically retract and go for an accord instead. This is one of the main reasons why the Yoruba never fought the British when they came to our shore. IFA did let them know, it was a war, they can never win because of the advance technology of the British. It also told them its a blessing in disguise and hence the full embrace of the British when they came. They did fore-warn their distant cousin, the ruling house of Benin, but they never listened. as you know, they could be very stubborn sometimes and hence the sore defeat of 1898 during the "Punitive Expedition"

Go and learn history properly, old man, no human/alien civilization has ever won the Yoruba in a war. Even most of the Yoruba people that were sold into slavery were done so, by their own Kinsmen (during civil war) and not by outsider. Yoruba are the main culprits of selling their conquered to the Europeans as slaves. So you see, you need to get your fact right before discrediting fact.

The same Reasons why your Benin ancestors lost the Kingdom shamefully is what you and the likes of greyboy are doing to discredit the finger that fed them. Such an ungrateful and stubborn personalities cum irredeemable inferiority complex. The river that forget it source shall surely dry.

I bet the Benin crown will never do this...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2019
geosegun:

You and greyboy are just bitter against Yoruba successful expeditions and global acceptance for nothing and I still wonder why you are always bitter about Yoruba successes and achievements. Always trying to discredit everything concerning Yoruba with your lies and propaganda. No human fore bearer of any human or alien ancestor extinct or alive can undone what the Yoruba have achieved from time immemorial.

We didnt loose our crown to a guy from Mecca or a demon from heaven we lost it to our bloodline d ogiso bloodline if he wasnt a booldline of the ogiso as you claim he would have died before even coming to benin

The Dahomey took advantage of the on going rancour and internal disputes as the power of Alaafin was waning due to internal agitation and displeasure and hence subsequent weakening of the central and arrear defense. Many Yoruba Town and villages were formed during this period due to exodus of people form Oyo and it environs. There have never been any defeat to the entire Yoruba by war. Dahomey only secede with minimal restrictions. Normally Alaafin would have pronounce a decree for the head of their King but had to look away because his empire was already on fire due to internal civil war.

Let me tell you a secrete today. Do you know why the Yoruba never lost a war? It is because they normally consult IFA to know if they will win the war or not, just like Kings of Israelite, If they know they will loose a war? they will tactically retract and go for an accord instead. This is one of the main reasons why the Yoruba never fought the British when they came to our shore. IFA did let them know, it was a war, they can never win because of the advance technology of the British. It also told them its a blessing in disguise and hence the full embrace of the British when they came. They did fore-warn their distant cousin, the ruling house of Benin, but they never listened. as you know, they could be very stubborn sometimes and hence the sore defeat of 1898 during the "Punitive Expedition"

Go and learn history properly, old man, no human/alien civilization has ever won the Yoruba in a war. Even most of the Yoruba people that were sold into slavery were done so, by their own Kinsmen (during civil war) and not by outsider. Yoruba are the main culprits of selling their conquered to the Europeans as slaves. So you see, you need to get your fact right before discrediting fact.

The same Reasons why your Benin ancestors lost the Kingdom shamefully is what you and the likes of greyboy are doing to discredit the finger that fed them. Such an ungrateful and stubborn personalities cum irredeemable inferiority complex. The river that forget it source shall surely dry.

We didnt loose our crown to a guy from Mecca or a demon from heaven we lost it to our bloodline d ogiso bloodline if he wasnt a booldline of the ogiso as you claim he would have died before even coming to benin
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
geosegun:

This is one of the main reasons why the Yoruba never fought the British when they came to our shore. IFA did let them know, it was a war, they can never win

Another lie to promote empire that never existed.

According to u British visit oyo empire before Benin empire and Oyo empire even won Benin not to fight British.

This 2 date please tell us don't just say story your heard think without date and source.

The first visit of British to Benin empire I can tell you the date and the name of the British captain.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 11:39pm On Mar 21, 2019
When you people can bring a real source of your story and the date of any incident that happen then we can take Oyo empire seriously. But for now it fake
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 2:53am On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

The only part I want to talk about in this your long post is where you say “Yoruba have never lost a war? Hahaha you make me laugh.

List of tribes/kingdoms that have defeated Yoruba:

Nupe
Fulani
Hausa
Dahomey Kingdom
Dahomey women
Great and mighty Benin Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 8:17am On Mar 22, 2019
goalernestman:

This is one of the main reasons why the Yoruba never fought the British when they came to our shore. IFA did let them know, it was a war, they can never win

Another lie to promote empire that never existed.

According to u British visit oyo empire before Benin empire and Oyo empire even won Benin not to fight British.

This 2 date please tell us don't just say story your heard think without date and source.

The first visit of British to Benin empire I can tell you the date and the name of the British captain.

So the Punitive expedition that happened in 1898 was the first time Benin had contact with the British? There have been contact here and there and the Yoruba Egbas’ have had contact since too and hence embrace the British due to the fact stated above and manage their business affairs properly. There are so many things that are shrewed in secrecy until recently.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2019
davidnazee:

The only part I want to talk about in this your long post is where you say “Yoruba have never lost a war? Hahaha you make me laugh.

List of tribes/kingdoms that have defeated Yoruba:

Nupe
Fulani
Hausa
Dahomey Kingdom
Dahomey women
Great and mighty Benin Kingdom.

This is where you mixed it up. I said Yoruba as a whole? A war could be differentiated from “pockets of battles” that happened in isolations.
Now, Hausa/Fulani was able to sack Oyo via ambush not in a battle one on one. They were only able to even do this because they betrayed Afonja a bonifide son of Oyo. Note that Oyo finally and completely won the subsequent battles at Ajese ipo. Nupe/ Tapa - that was in uprising during tax / Isakole and remember Sango’s Mother was a Nupe woman. Hence the battle was taken with gloff’s hand. The same thing happened with Benin - how can the Father/Progenitor (Yoruba) fight the son (Benin)? What an abomination!!! Yoruba have values and adores bloodlines. If you look at those Benin issues closely you will realise that the ancestors were possibly the trouble makers (could be very stubborn and proud?) and are mostly ignored most times. I think there was an occasion that a Yoruba - An Ijesha/Ekiti warrior decided to treat their fu)K-up. You know the rest of the history. Even - Oyo was warned never to attack Iwerre Ile (Warri) no matter what happen - because one of the Oyo Kings mothers was from Iwerre Ile (now known as Warri). Go and read Dahomey history again, they were largely ignored because of the on going civil way within the Oyo empire at that time. Etc etc... how many wars have Benin Fought with other Kingdom? Just nae 2?

For you to even mention all these list shows how relevant the Oyo empire was and recognised. I wonder why you like to say otherwise in most of your comments. That shows pure envy, man. So young man go and learn history. I repeat no one can undo Yoruba general achievements even up to the current and future generations. We are still and will continue to be the trail blazers and pace setters. The Benin Kingdom would have been the last surviving African Kingdom but for stubbornness and pride as I have explained earlier.

Please note that I am not talking down on what Benin Kingdom or her achievements, never will I. They’ve done well. But you don’t try to down trods on other people’s achievements just because you want to rise and be relevant? It is not done this way. We will continue to show maturity and appreciates our Benin sons and brothers - blood they say is thicker than water.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 10:19am On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

This is where you mixed it up. I said Yoruba as a whole? A war could be differentiated from “pockets of battles” that happened in isolations.
Now, Hausa/Fulani was able to sack Oyo via ambush not in a battle one on one. They were only able to even do this because they betrayed Afonja a bonifide son of Oyo. Note that Oyo finally and completely won the subsequent battles at Ajese ipo. Nupe/ Tapa - that was in uprising during tax / Isakole and remember Sango’s Mother was a Nupe woman. Hence the battle was taken with gloff’s hand. The same thing happened with Benin - how can the Father/Progenitor (Yoruba) fight the son (Benin)? What an abomination!!! Yoruba have values and adores bloodlines. If you look at those Benin issues closely you will realise that the ancestors were possibly the trouble makers (could be very stubborn and proud?) and are mostly ignored most times. I think there was an occasion that a Yoruba - An Ijesha/Ekiti warrior decided to treat their fu)K-up. You know the rest of the history. Even - Oyo was warned never to attack Iwerre Ile (Warri) no matter what happen - because one of the Oyo Kings mothers was from Iwerre Ile (now known as Warri). Go and read Dahomey history again, they were largely ignored because of the on going civil way within the Oyo empire at that time. Etc etc... how many wars have Benin Fought with other Kingdom? Just nae 2?

For you to even mention all these list shows how relevant the Oyo empire was and recognised. I wonder why you like to say otherwise in most of your comments. That shows pure envy, man. So young man go and learn history. I repeat no one can undo Yoruba general achievements even up to the current and future generations. We are still and will continue to be the trail blazers and pace setters. The Benin Kingdom would have been the last surviving African Kingdom but for stubbornness and pride as I have explained earlier.

Please note that I am not talking down on what Benin Kingdom or her achievements, never will I. They’ve done well. But you don’t try to down trods on other people’s achievements just because you want to rise and be relevant? It is not done this way. We will continue to show maturity and appreciates our Benin sons and brothers - blood they say is thicker than water.

Was Yoruba ever “whole/one”? Throughout history was there ever Yoruba as one race? The different kingdoms that now make up Yoruba fought wars in their history and lost.. they lost against Nupe, lost against Hausa/Fulani, lost against Dahomey.. Eastern Yoruba was conquered and ruled by Benin and each time there was rebellion or uprising against Benin rule the rebellion was defeated by Benin forces.
There was a time when whole of Ekiti land united under an Ewi and revolted, went to war with Benin. They were easily defeated.
I can give u links to the account.. it was documented by even Yoruba scholars...
It’s a sweet story.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

Even the most Revered lle ife was attacked by egba they even fought in the iljaye war so what was so special not fighting benin and abomination in it. if you want me to read you Yoruba history i would but am a benin man

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

So the Punitive expedition that happened in 1898 was the first time Benin had contact with the British? There have been contact here and there and the Yoruba Egbas’ have had contact since too and hence embrace the British due to the fact stated above and manage their business affairs properly. There are so many things that are shrewed in secrecy until recently.

The first English expedition to Benin was in 1553, and significant trading developed between England and Benin based on the export of ivory, palm oil, pepper, and slaves.

You see it dated it not like Oyo that is ferytale.

Like you said above they have been trading here and there a good example of a fake incident.

The date I give you above google it you will see no results will contradict the date both the British account of Benin and the Benin itself account.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Dartilo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2019
davidnazee:

Was Yoruba ever “whole/one”? Throughout history was there ever Yoruba as one race? The different kingdoms that now make up Yoruba fought wars in their history and lost.. they lost against Nupe, lost against Hausa/Fulani, lost against Dahomey.. Eastern Yoruba was conquered and ruled by Benin and each time there was rebellion or uprising against Benin rule the rebellion was defeated by Benin forces.
There was a time when whole of Ekiti land united under an Ewi and revolted, went to war with Benin. They were easily defeated.
I can give u links to the account.. it was documented by even Yoruba scholars...
It’s a sweet story.

Abeg help me wit d link jare let me read it
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Dartilo(m): 1:24pm On Mar 22, 2019
gregyboy:

Even the most Revered lle ife was attacked by egba they even fought in the iljaye war so what was so special not fighting benin and abomination in it. if you want me to read you Yoruba history i would but am a benin man

Fighting Benin was like a suicide mission then!!!
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Dartilo(m): 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

It's obvious u dnt knw history tell us how can oyo empire wage war against warri, remember warri was part of Benin empire,yorubas always coming with excuses...
Oyo wasn't an empire, oyo didn't have any vassal state...
Fighting Benin empire was like going for a suicide mission...
Ooni was not a kingship title, oduduwa was a priest and ooni means the spared one, you guyx knw d story of ooni so let's be realistic
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2019
Dartilo:

It's obvious u dnt knw history tell us how can oyo empire wage war against warri, remember warri was part of Benin empire,yorubas always coming with excuses...
Oyo wasn't an empire, oyo didn't have any vassal state...
Fighting Benin empire was like going for a suicide mission...
Ooni was not a kingship title, oduduwa was a priest and ooni means the spared one, you guyx knw d story of ooni so let's be realistic

Balderdash, for the fact that I decided to look away form a brothers misbehaviour and arrogance does not mean I do not have the means to deal with that stubborn and arrogant brother, but for the sake of bloodlines and i may chose to let peace reign and look away...I believe you should be wise enough to understand this...

Oyo empire was so big that it struggled to keep the centre together. hence the break away fo Nupe, Egba, Dahohmey etc... There are history books every where and I believed you are learned please go and read.

Thank me latter...
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2019
gregyboy:

That was probably during the civil war, hence brother rise against brother even Ife and Modakeke still fought recently...so save me that, that why its called a civil war.

"The war started partly as a result of the struggle between various Yoruba districts as well as the attack on Ife towns by Olowu Amororo, an action considered as sacrilegious because of the sacredness of Ile -Ife in Yoruba land the supposed spiritual birthplace of the Yorubas.

The result of his action became a disaster for the Owu people in their origina abode and threw the whole of Yoruba land into civil war.

The Owu were thoroughly defeated by the combined forces of Ibadan and Ijebu, and the Oni of Ife, the spiritual head of the Yorubas, ordered with his constitutional authority, that the Owu capital, Orile-Owu must be destroyed with no human existence."

If Benin tried such- I can bet you the Benin Kingdom would have been history too (FACT) - just like the Owu - You don't bite the finger that fed you.

" There were two major attacks on Abeokuta by the Dahomiens. The first in 1851, under king Gezo, who used female warriors, the ‘AMAZONS’ during which Dahomey was not only defeated by the great Egba, but it lost more than three thousands soldiers.

Gezo’s son and successor, Gelele, swore to avenge his father’s humiliation and defeat, made the second attempt with more soldiers in 1863, but lost about five thousand soldiers. It was a big lesson for them in their attempt to get hold of the rich areas of Yoruba hinterland. These victories were due to the collective efforts of Egba, including Owu."

That is just a snapshot of some of the expeditions against Dahomey.

I wonder why you will compare the strength minute Benin (named by the founder of the OYO empire) to the more popular and effective Oyo Empire. When the Oyo Empire was growing in strength and fighting and winning wars with the neighbors in the northern part close to river Niger. Benin was still under a baby ruler named EWEKA I, so what are guys talking about
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2019
Dartilo:

Abeg help me wit d link jare let me read it

See am here.. screenshot from the document.. it’s from the history of Ekiti land.

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

That was probably during the civil war, hence brother rise against brother even Ife and Modakeke still fought recently...so save me that, that why its called a civil war.

"The war started partly as a result of the struggle between various Yoruba districts as well as the attack on Ife towns by Olowu Amororo, an action considered as sacrilegious because of the sacredness of Ile -Ife in Yoruba land the supposed spiritual birthplace of the Yorubas.

The result of his action became a disaster for the Owu people in their origina abode and threw the whole of Yoruba land into civil war.

The Owu were thoroughly defeated by the combined forces of Ibadan and Ijebu, and the Oni of Ife, the spiritual head of the Yorubas, ordered with his constitutional authority, that the Owu capital, Orile-Owu must be destroyed with no human existence."

If Benin tried such- I can bet you the Benin Kingdom would have been history too (FACT) - just like the Owu - You don't bite the finger that fed you.

" There were two major attacks on Abeokuta by the Dahomiens. The first in 1851, under king Gezo, who used female warriors, the ‘AMAZONS’ during which Dahomey was not only defeated by the great Egba, but it lost more than three thousands soldiers.

Gezo’s son and successor, Gelele, swore to avenge his father’s humiliation and defeat, made the second attempt with more soldiers in 1863, but lost about five thousand soldiers. It was a big lesson for them in their attempt to get hold of the rich areas of Yoruba hinterland. These victories were due to the collective efforts of Egba, including Owu."

I wonder why you will compare the strength minute Benin (named by the founder of the OYO empire) to the more popular and effective Oyo Empire. When the Oyo Empire was growing in strength and fighting and winning wars with the neighbors in the northern part close to river Niger. Benin was still under a baby ruler named EWEKA I, so what are guys talking about

This your story is hearsay unless you can provide an official document where this story is documented.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

This your story is hearsay unless you can provide an official document
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 4:12pm On Mar 22, 2019
davidnazee:

This your story is hearsay unless you can provide an official document

Please there are numerous reverence to these excerpt up there and i believe you have unrestricted access to Google.

All the best in your exploit to get hold on the truth and not hear says and bias reports by keyboard warriors...
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

Please there are numerous reverence to these excerpt up there and i believe you have unrestricted access to Google.

All the best in your exploit to get hold of the truth and hears says and bias reports by keyboard warriors...

Defend ur claims by providing official documents for your story
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by geosegun(m): 4:38pm On Mar 22, 2019
davidnazee:

Defend ur claims by providing official documents for your story

Please an example attached... you can always google...Thank me later. |these and many similar events are well written and abounds...The Yoruba race/expeditions remain one of the most studied tribes in Africa. That tells something about the Yoruba as a people.

Thank me later.

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

Please an example attached... you can always google...Thank me later. |these and many similar events are well written and abounds...The Yoruba race/expeditions remain one of the most studied tribes in Africa. That tells something about the Yoruba as a people.

Thank me later.

What rubbish is this? What concerns me with brother fighting brother? Yorubas fighting Yorubas is nothing.. abi did I brag with Benin fighting Benin?
An empire is not born by infighting rather by conquests and expansion into foreign lands and people..
Example Benin empire.. I post document of Benin conquest of Ekiti land... you can thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by gregyboy(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2019
geosegun:

You just made me laugh and cry at thesame time
Yoruba history that i know ...the oyo empire you praised was nothing to withstand the benins not even if they were all giving guns....the Nupes who defeated oyo was also defeated by the benins...the jihad which was spreaded to edo was overcame by the benin .i repeat the whole of yoruba nation would have not been able to defeat the tiny benin at thay time not even with calvary and guns...
The British stop benin from entering the whole southern nigeria that was the luck.before the advent of British the oyo had no guns it was during the late 18c before guns where giving to the yorubas for slave so how would it be possible for the whole yorubas defeat tiny benin.its always by population my yoruba brothers
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 12:36am On Mar 23, 2019
gregyboy:

You just made me laugh and cry at thesame time
Yoruba history that i know ...the oyo empire you praised was nothing to withstand the benins not even if they were all giving guns....the Nupes who defeated oyo was also defeated by the benins...the jihad which was spreaded to edo was overcame by the benin .i repeat the whole of yoruba nation would have not been able to defeat the tiny benin at thay time not even with calvary and guns...
The British stop benin from entering the whole southern nigeria that was the luck.before the advent of British the oyo had no guns it was during the late 18c before guns where giving to the yorubas for slave so how would it be possible for the whole yorubas defeat tiny benin.its always by population my yoruba brothers

Benin was even more popular and large they where more larger than oyo by a distance and more populated too,

The oba of Benin can control 200,000 army in a day and x's of it in a week.

It only empire that can do this I bet oyo don't even have up to 20,000 solders to fight a war at this time.

Benin walls was at that time hardest man mad work in the world it consume more equipment and more man power than Egypt piramy according to European who came to Benin then and was recorded in 16th 17th century genes book of record.

So do you think that was done by a few peps.?

What are you saying Benin was all southern Nigeria both south igbo warri nd south yoruba including Niger deleta was Benin then.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Weedfree: 10:04am On Mar 23, 2019
goalernestman:

Benin was even more popular and large they where more larger than oyo by a distance and more populated too,

The oba of Benin can control 200,000 army in a day and x's of it in a week.

It only empire that can do this I bet oyo don't even have up to 20,000 solders to fight a war at this time.

Benin walls was at that time hardest man mad work in the world it consume more equipment and more man power than Egypt piramy according to European who came to Benin then and was recorded in 16th 17th century genes book of record.

So do you think that was done by a few peps.?

What are you saying Benin was all southern Nigeria both south igbo warri nd south yoruba including Niger deleta was Benin then.

Yet again where were Benin armies when the British attacked them and they never met oyo empire enough to estimate the exact size of it military.
The Great wall of Benin was among one of the largest wall ever built and it consumed more materials than the pyramid in Egypt but THE GREAT WALL OF EREDO is older, larger and its still standing. Benin walled kingdom is not even the largest and it's existence is a mystery.
From ur earlier post u said Yoruba people being more than Benin people and now u are saying Benin people are more when Benin people are limited to some few states.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by Toluobaeko11: 10:05am On Mar 23, 2019
davidnazee:

You are claiming relevance and significance in a failed society like Nigeria lol. How has this relevance/significance helped Yoruba people?
You still serve the Hausa/Fulani Northerners, your states are among the most poor and underdeveloped.. Edo State is better than Yoruba states except Lagos (Lagos is not Yoruba anyways)..
You use your majority numbers to weigh ur relevance, una dey learn.

Your problem is that you don't know the difference between Lagos and Eko. Eko was once a Benin colony, not the whole of Lagos. By the way, did the Romans still claim they owns England since they once colonized it?
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by davidnazee: 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2019
Toluobaeko11:

Your problem is that you don't know the difference between Lagos and Eko. Eko was once a Benin colony, not the whole of Lagos. By the way, did the Romans still claim they owns England since they once colonized it?

Your own problem is that you don’t know the difference between founding a place and colonizing a place.. Great Benin founded and colonized Lagos so its okay for us to still claim ownership of it as the founders, but Benin don’t claim ownership of Ekiti land even though we colonized it.. You understand??
Romans only colonized England they weren’t the founders.
Re: Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? by goalernestman: 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2019
Weedfree:

Yet again where were Benin armies when the British attacked them and they never met oyo empire enough to estimate the exact size of it military.
The Great wall of Benin was among one of the largest wall ever built and it consumed more materials than the pyramid in Egypt but THE GREAT WALL OF EREDO is older, larger and its still standing. Benin walled kingdom is not even the largest and it's existence is a mystery.
From ur earlier post u said Yoruba people being more than Benin people and now u are saying Benin people are more when Benin people are limited to some few states.

Before I said Benin is tiny now that is the reason Yoruba want to stea their legacy before Benin was larger and more populated just like the Roman empire was more larger and populated than America but now it just a city.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Point Of Correction To Google: Igedes Are Igede, Not Idoma / Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / Pictures From Onitsha Youth Ofala Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.