Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion (3884 Views)

Have You Ever Dated Someone Whose Status Is Above Yours? / Have You Ever Dated Someone You Met On Social Media? / Have You Dated Someone Who Desperately Wanted To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2019
Met this girl last month and we've gotten along pretty well.
However, she's Muslim and I'm Christian.
But I love her irrespective. We've been going good and we understand each other. What do you guys think?

Can you be or have you been in an inter-religious relationship?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Smhart1(f): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
I am currently dating someone of a different religion and tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by donbachi(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
We all have dated one....ogbanje.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
no av not,dah wuld be a waste of time

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by dingbang(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2019
Ok so I am looking for an eckist to date.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by kheny12(m): 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
But I love her irrespective. We've been going good and we understand each other. What do you guys think?

Yes you can marry each other because religion is all about having faith in what u are worshipping.There are many inter religious marriage that last very well.Even in india,There are many Hindus who marry Muslim and all is going on well.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2019
kheny12:
Yes you can marry each other because religion is all about having faith in what u are worshipping.There are many inter religious marriage that last very well.Even in india,There are many Hindus who marry Muslim and all is going on well.
Really. I really like her.

But can you marry her if you were in my shoes?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
Smhart1:
I am currently dating someone of a different religion and tribe.
Nice.

How is the relationship? Is it going smooth? Any clashes? Has it reached the point of engagement or just casual dating?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 9:57pm On Mar 08, 2019
donbachi:
We all have dated one....ogbanje.
This is harsh
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by prettysassygirl(f): 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2019
Just think,can either of u compromise when it comes to marriage? If the answer is no,then cut it off immediately, no need to waste emotions
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 9:59pm On Mar 08, 2019
prettysassygirl:
Just think,can either of u compromise when it comes to marriage? If the answer is no,then cut it off immediately, no need to waste emotions
Sorry, but why do you think so?
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by prettysassygirl(f): 10:03pm On Mar 08, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
Sorry, but why do you think so?
Cos I was in the same shoes long time ago,it doesn't usually end well
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by anochuko01(m): 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2019
first ever and only girlfriend I've ever had was/is a Muslim. we dated for two years but just had to put and end to it coz of the religion and tribe differences. it was awesome..I had known her for nine years before we started dating.

well, she's now gone deeper in Islam to the point that she refused to shake me when I came across her in town. she said 'I don't shake''. but we talked a bit and we were very excited to see ourselves. I'll always love her though.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 10:12pm On Mar 08, 2019
Lalasticlala please I need more views on this issue
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by ABCthings: 10:12pm On Mar 08, 2019
Not advisable.
Don't do it!
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by deewhydoski(m): 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:

Guy if u want to marry the girl, check her family very well, I mean her parents. Are they not d one that carries religion for head?. Even if the girl loves u and ready to marry u and her parents disagree just becks of religion ish..nothing go happen o.
They are the one that will change her mind
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2019
deewhydoski:

Guy if u want to marry the girl, check her family very well, I mean her parents. Are they not d one that carries religion for head?. Even if the girl loves u and ready to marry u and her parents disagree just becks of religion ish..nothing go happen o.
They are the one that will change her mind
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by ugbede69(m): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
that was how one muslim.girl i was toasting told me.she would marry me if i become.a muslim.....iffa hear

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by LarryBee1k: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2019
Bless you
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Headlesschicken(m): 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2019
undecided Nope never,n never would i try it...
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Smhart1(f): 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
Nice.

How is the relationship? Is it going smooth? Any clashes? Has it reached the point of engagement or just casual dating?
we are super good. i wouldn't say casual dating because some parents and all siblings are involved.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Twizzy30(m): 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2019
I'm actually dating a muslim girl presently, she's awesome and cool. I'm not the religious type though. I once asked her if she's gonna change if we decide to tie the knot (lol i was pulling her legs, if she can wait for the next 10 years) She said no, I'll be the one to change to her religion, i smiled and said it's okay babe. When it's time, we gonna go our separate ways.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by samisj4real(m): 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
As for me I don't have anything to do with a Muslim girl. Because they're all extremists. They can harm you on a very good day cos it was WRITTEN.

IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Zainabhamzat20(f): 12:04am On Mar 09, 2019
Yes but we didn't end up , He wanted me to convert by force saying his parent can't accept me if I didn't.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by sacx: 12:47am On Mar 09, 2019
A Christian that knows what his faith represents can never enter into a relationship with another of different belief. I'm unapologetic to contrary opinions.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Chifreda: 12:51am On Mar 09, 2019
I started catching feelings for an Eckist and almost said Yes until I did some background check.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 1:19am On Mar 09, 2019
Smhart1:
we are super good. i wouldn't say casual dating because some parents and all siblings are involved.
wow. Nice one.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by TheManOfTheYear: 1:21am On Mar 09, 2019
sacx:
A Christian that knows what his faith represents can never enter into a relationship with another of different belief. I'm unapologetic to contrary opinions.
Sorry but I feel your doctrine is rather extremist.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Starboytwo(m): 1:57am On Mar 09, 2019
I dont have one religion, infact I'm one of those players who can use both leg...infact all leg join. If you be hindu, I will equally hindu you...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by priking: 3:52am On Mar 09, 2019
In real life none but in my dreams and fantasy i think she was a shintoist.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by peacefull(f): 7:04am On Mar 09, 2019
My husband is Catholic Christian. But I'm not.
We had problem and still have. But not because of religion smiley
Thank you for gave me advice at that time. I'm really appreciate you. I hope you will always have good relationship with her.
Re: Have You Ever Dated Someone Of Another Religion by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 09, 2019
As a non-religious dude,any religion is a go...even if it's igbe,i don't mind so long you don't drag me into it.
So long you maintain your religion and i maintain my realism...we good

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Man Busted For Cheating - Watch Wife Reaction / New Challenge Currently Going On Whatsapp (photos Attached) / Why Are Nigerian Girls So Bad at conversations online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.