Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. (2946 Views)

Can You Believe This is Nigeria? Travelling As A Single Nigerian Lady (Pics) / Nigeria Will No Longer Tolerate Harassment Of Its Citizens In Ghana - FG / I don't think Nigeria will ever get better. So leave if you can! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Cousin9999: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2020
Every day, foreigners go to Nigeria and get rich. Many people in Nigeria consider whether to go abroad because they're not forced by circumstance. Many study and work abroad, and return by choice. Many come back expecting they'll be forced to leave by options, but find they have a good life. Everyone's experience isn't the same, and everyone doesn't have the same perspective or options.

It seems like people with regrets shout the loudest. People with low standards like to jump up and down too. It's like they're trying to convince themselves that they're living better than they are. If you made it, instead of kicking dirt on your home, why not help improve it? Be like the people abroad who set up businesses back home, invest in real estate, build schools, build clinics, and build churches. Stop complaining about crooked politicians because guess what? They're crooked everywhere. Just get on with life. Make things happen and take care of family. You're not helping to fix anything by spouting all this negativity. Try actually doing something. Build, invest, or get involved in politics.

And another problem with all this "rah rah rah" is that you're damaging Nigeria's image. You want things to improve, but you're trying to convince everyone that it's the middle east. Who is going to invest, join the fight, or come home with all this nonsense you're talking?

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Xeeex: 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
Cousin9999:
Every day, foreigners go to Nigeria and get rich. Many people in Nigeria consider whether to go abroad because they're not forced by circumstance. Many study and work abroad, and return by choice. Many come back expecting they'll be forced to leave by options, but find they have a good life. Everyone's experience isn't the same, and everyone doesn't have the same perspective or options.

It seems like people with regrets shout the loudest. People with low standards like to jump up and down too. It's like they're trying to convince themselves that they're living better than they are. If you made it, instead of kicking dirt on your home, why not help improve it? Be like the people abroad who set up businesses back home, invest in real estate, build schools, build clinics, and build churches. Stop complaining about crooked politicians because guess what? They're crooked everywhere. Just get on with life. Make things happen and take care of family. You're not helping to fix anything by spouting all this negativity. Try actually doing something. Build, invest, or get involved in politics.

And another problem with all this "rah rah rah" is that you're damaging Nigeria's image. You want things to improve, but you're trying to convince everyone that it's the middle east. Who is going to invest, join the fight, or come home with all this nonsense you're talking?

Show me a foreigner that came to Nigeria with nothing and became rich. Show me a single one. The foreigners that come to Nigeria are those that have money so they can easily exploit the system by underpaying Nigerian workers and bribing their way to more money.

Foreigners who make money in Nigeria are either exploiting the corrupt system or prostitutes.

The founder of zoom went to US with nothing, now he is a billionaire.

Show me a single foreigner that came to Nigeria with nothing and is now making it

show me

13 Likes

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by hammed71(m): 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
Xeeex:

Show me a foreigner that came to Nigeria with nothing and became rich. Show me a single one. The foreigners that come to Nigeria are those that have money so they can easily exploit the system by underpaying Nigerian workers and bribing their way to more money.

Foreigners who make money in Nigeria are either exploiting the corrupt system or prostitutes.

Show me a single foreigner that came to Nigeria with nothing and is now making it

show me
Bro don't waste your time on that guy

1 Like

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Cousin9999: 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
Xeeex:

show me

If you're going to respond, at least read what I wrote, bro. You're proving my point. People can be successful in Nigeria. All hope isn't lost. The same way a foreigner can get rich in Nigeria is the same way a Nigerian can. Go abroad and raise money, pool money through friends/investors/family/church, do crowdfunding, use a NGO, find a government grant, or grin marry a foreigner. grin

I didn't even mention the guys in Nigeria from the slums who have become millionaires.

One major advantage for a businessman in Nigeria is the fact that the government isn't going out of its way to stop the small businessman. The "hustling" you can do in Nigeria would be blocked by any number of laws elsewhere, or you would struggle to earn because of compliance expenses and taxes.

I'm not saying it's easy, but let's not exaggerate.

Much success to you and yours, my dude.
Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Xeeex: 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
Cousin9999:

If you're going to respond, at least read what I wrote, bro. You're proving my point. People can be successful in Nigeria. All hope isn't lost. The same way a foreigner can get rich in Nigeria is the same way a Nigerian can. Go abroad and raise money, pool money through friends/investors/family/church, do crowdfunding, use a NGO, find a government grant, or grin marry a foreigner. grin

I didn't even mention the guys in Nigeria from the slums who have become millionaires.

One major advantage for a businessman in Nigeria is the fact that the government isn't going out of its way to stop the small businessman. The "hustling" you can do in Nigeria would be blocked by any number of laws elsewhere, or you would struggle to earn because of compliance expenses and taxes.

Stop talking plenty things. You said a foreigner can come with nothing and make money in Nigeria. Show me an example.

You will just be talking plenty things without making sense

I'm talking about a foreigner that doesn't have anything and you are mentioning business man lol

You need to think before you talk. Let's say the laws you talk of are true. I want to order for a machinery from US that costs about $100k. I have to have about 50 million naira, our currency is losing value daily but yay we have good laws

Anyway, show me a foreigner that came to Nigeria with nothing and succeeded

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Cousin9999: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
Xeeex:

Stop talking plenty things. You said a foreigner can come with nothing and make money in Nigeria. Show me an example.

You will just be talking plenty things without making sense

I'm talking about a foreigner that doesn't have anything and you are mentioning business man lol

You need to think before you talk. Let's say the laws you talk of are true. I want to order for a machinery from US that costs about $100k. I have to have about 50 million naira, our currency is losing value daily but yay we have good laws

Anyway, show me a foreigner that came to Nigeria with nothing and succeeded

You're trolling.

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Aconomist: 2:34am On Nov 27, 2020
JWTheocracy1:

Mon Patron c'est vrai. No Miracle can correct Naija Matter as long as we still have those men in politics. Even the newer generation of politicians are contracting the virus. Make them fumigate naija and give some people the Jerry Rawlings treatment.
the Jerry Rawlings treatment or the Rwanda treatment is the only solution to Nigeria. There needs to be a complete reset or the country will continue deteriorating.

2 Likes

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Bullman(m): 2:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Democratic type of government isnt meant for africa.. its not only Nigeria that is suffering from bad governance, almost all african countries except for few northern african countries.

Nigeria wont get better anytime soon.
Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
Bullman:
Democratic type of government isnt meant for africa.. its not only Nigeria that is suffering from bad governance, almost all african countries except for few northern african countries.

Nigeria wont get better anytime soon.
So what is best for Africa? A full blown dictatorship. Nigeria was good in the time of Abacha and Babangida shey? That's how you people went to bring back Buhari because of your love for strong men and now see what is going on.

1 Like

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by 79733139(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
Please don't generalize, kindly mention just one foreigner that came to Nigeria with nothing and has now become a millionaire?

Cousin9999:

1 Like

Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by RodgersAkpafu: 9:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Gerrard59:

Aka "having a strong man at the helms of affairs". Well, it is why the vast majority of Nigerians voted Buhari into power because they believe he will change things as a strong man. Where has it led the country to? The moment Nigeria did not get a Lee Kuan Yew during her formative years, she lost it. Honestly and unfortunately, I do not see any positive change in my lifetime.
I absolutely agree
Re: If You Believe That Nigeria Will Get Better Soon, Gather Here For Brain Reset. by GingerbreadMen(m): 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
cheesy I am here for brain reset

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Set Of People You Must Meet While Travelling / Where Do You Want Me To Go.. Tell Me And I'll Go There For You :) / How To Get Jobs In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.