Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:50 PM

Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori (18399 Views)

2023: Okowa Proved Atiku Was Right To Pick Him As Running-Mate - Oke Umurhohwo / 2023: Okowa, Saraki, Tambuwal, Bala Mohammed In Closed-Door Meeting In Asaba / Falana Criticizes FG, Says Ibori Loot Belongs To Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Emedu(m): 7:44am On Mar 09, 2019
ovieigho:

What's this one saying?
I am telling U what you don't know and Truth.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by otokx(m): 7:45am On Mar 09, 2019
Hector09:
All this zoning of a thing is the reason why, out leaders dont perform

Zoning actually helps, but for Ibori ~ Oghara will not have been developed as it is now. Visited Agbor about 2 years ago and Okowa was practically digging up the old Benin - Agbor road and building a new expressway. By the time he is finished and an Ijaw man takes over, hopefully massive infrastructural development will reach Burutu, Forcados and other places.

Most south south people are disappointed with GEJ because Otuoke and other south south places have little to show for while he was in power. He was erroneously wasting resources building almajiri schools that are desolate today. See east ~ west road now, totally abandoned and deteriorating.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by OBJANDIBB: 8:05am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
But why a criminal decide their future over there?its shall never well with Jonathan that gave this man state pardon.

State pardon? Who did that? Bros you are a wonderful liar

5 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Ofomonablessing: 8:06am On Mar 09, 2019
ijeabom:
Am afraid the Urhobos may want to deliver Ogboru now

Never!!!! Delta is pdp till the morrow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Ofomonablessing: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

Zoning actually helps, but for Ibori ~ Oghara will not have been developed as it is now. Visited Agbor about 2 years ago and Okowa was practically digging up the old Benin - Agbor road and building a new expressway. By the time he is finished and an Ijaw man takes over, hopefully massive infrastructural development will reach Burutu, Forcados and other places.

Most south south people are disappointed with GEJ because Otuoke and other south south places have little to show for while he was in power. He was erroneously wasting resources building almajiri schools that are desolate today. See east ~ west road now, totally abandoned and deteriorating.

Don't mind that fool
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by garfield1: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2019
Efewestern:
Playing the Tribal card again, Ibori knows he is becoming irrelevant in Urhobo land, he couldn't even deliver his LGA well for Oboro. Is it today that he (Ogboru) starts campaigning?, didn't Ogboru campaigned against Ibori (Election we all know how some people rigged), Didn't he campaigned against Uduaghan?, so why is it now that he is campaigning against Okowa that you want to bring this nonsense tribal card.

Ogboru is not even 100% urhobo, he is Half urhobo/Half Anioma, so what's this man talking about? His major fan base is in Abraka/Ukwuani/Ndowkwa.

You care about Equity and you guys rigged last presidential elections for Manager, even when it was obvious that it was time for the itsekiri's the produce the next Senator.

Let Deltans decide, Wishing Okowa and Ogboru the best.
I thought ibori mum is itsekiri.please can you give me a break down of the delta central senate results from the 8 lgas

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Ofomonablessing: 8:08am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

Interesting

If so uduaghan should have won
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 8:08am On Mar 09, 2019
Emedu:
Omo Agege actually spoiled the plan by Emerho. Emerho was clamouring for Delta North candidate but Omo agege was indirectly used by the state governor to bring Ogboru which is from Delta Central. Had it been a Delta North candidate was presented, Okowa should have been preparing his handover speech by now. Forget APC or PDP. Delta votes base on candidate.

Leave them unless they rig the election as they normally do for the past 16 years

OGBURU is coming

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Oju4190: 8:09am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
But why a criminal decide their future over there?its shall never well with Jonathan that gave this man state pardon.
Jonathan never did....It was Yar Adua that granted him state pardon.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by garfield1: 8:11am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:
The rigging in Delta is always massive in the riverine areas, who ever has the upper hand there is going to win the day.
That's where pdp may use and win ogboru.but am hearing rumors of heavy federal support to ogboru.i just hope its true.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by OBJANDIBB: 8:13am On Mar 09, 2019
His fan base has diminished in ukwani, this is not his DPP DAYS.

Efewestern:
Playing the Tribal card again, Ibori knows he is becoming irrelevant in Urhobo land, he couldn't even deliver his LGA well for Oboro. Is it today that he (Ogboru) starts campaigning?, didn't Ogboru campaigned against Ibori (Election we all know how some people rigged), Didn't he campaigned against Uduaghan?, so why is it now that he is campaigning against Okowa that you want to bring this nonsense tribal card.

Ogboru is not even 100% urhobo, he is Half urhobo/Half Anioma, so what's this man talking about? His major fan base is in Abraka/Ukwuani/Ndowkwa.

You care about Equity and you guys rigged last presidential elections for Manager, even when it was obvious that it was time for the itsekiri's the produce the next Senator.

Let Deltans decide, Wishing Okowa and Ogboru the best.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Okuda(m): 8:14am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
what is worse than a known international criminal not yet convicted? useless folks
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by JeffSiberstein: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2019
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by JeffSiberstein: 8:17am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:
Why 2023? If we urhobos should wait, let us do so till 2048, by then Ijaws would have done 8 years, Isokos would have done 8 years, Kwales would have done 8 years.

Shut ur mouth. Am an Urhobo from Ughelli South.

Ibori the odidigboigbo of Africa has the best political formula in Nigeria. Each senatorial zone has produced the last three governor's in Delta State.

Ibori - Delta Central made up of only the urhobos. 1999-2007

Uduaghan - Delta South made up of the Ijaws, Itshekiris and Isokos. 2007-2015

Okowa - Delta North made of the Aniomas, Ikas, Kwales etc. 2015-2023

An urhobo governor from Delta Central - 2023-2031

If what ibori did in Delta State is replicated in the country, Nigeria will be a better place.

So no hope for APC in this election since their candidate is an urhobo man who only comes home when there is an election.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Davide020(m): 8:18am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

Say it again
YES NA
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by wink2015(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2019
ijeabom:
Former governor of Delta State, Chief James Ibori, has urged the Urhobo of Delta Central senatorial district to shelve the idea of seeking to govern the state now and allow Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, by extension Delta North senatorial district, to complete a second term bid and wait for 2023, when it would be their turn.

According to the state leader of the People Democratic Party (PDP), who spoke at Okowa’s campaign rally at Owa-Oyibu in Ika North East Council, said: “Watching from afar, after the flag-off of the governorship campaign at Oghara, I am here to thank the people of Ika nation, because Anioma supported my victorious bids to govern the state for two terms.

“I felt that having launched the campaign in my Oghara community and rounding it off here, I decided that I should be here. Even if the plate is yours, you will still have to wash it before usage. You have always supported PDP, this time, I urge you to do it tenfold, to make a statement, because our governor has done well and I am personally proud of him.”

Ibori recalled an instance to buttress his points thus: “When Okowa was commissioner for Agriculture and Water Resources, one of our leaders confided in me then that Okowa has sunk boreholes in almost every community across the state. He knows the terrain and knows how to spread dividends across the state.”

He further expressed appreciation to party members who contested but failed to make it, urging them to persevere and eschew any form of ill-feelings and work for the party’s victory by learning from Okowa, who made it after three attempts.

“I want to reiterate that I am an Urhobo man and I speak on behalf of the good people of Delta Central, that we will speak on March 2. We have done it before and we will do it again. The Urhobo of Delta Central will work for your second term, because one good turn deserves another. This is the turn of Anioma.

“All qualified Urhobo should step aside, let us give equity and unity the chance. Our people should begin to warm up for 2023,” he posited.

Okowa, on his part, expressed joy over the massive turnout of supporters and party faithful at the rally, saying: “I’m impressed and proud of you all. It is clear, from this massive turnout, anyone is talking about another party is a joker.

“Ensure that after here, get across to those who are yet to comply, bring them back to the fold. And please, remember that after voting for PDP on Election Day, stay behind to protect your votes and follow them to the collation centre.”

SOURCE: https://m.guardian.ng/news/urhobo-should-wait-till-2023-okowa-deserves-second-term-says-ibori/

Democracy is about the people 's choice to vote and be voted for.

Politicians like Ibori, Gbagi, ijaw leader and elder statesman Edwin Clarke should stop promoting TRIBAL TURN BY TURN POLITICS IN DELTA STATE.

Turn by turn politics is not in the constitution.

Let the best hand or competent political leader get the peoples mandate irrespective of the tribe or region he comes from.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Davide020(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2019
Jorussia:
why didn't PDP give the ticket to a young itsekiri man?
Manager decid who they we give it to. their the PDP we are talking so.

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Iriruaga100(m): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2019
Urhobos are not united enough to make ogboru governor. I think isoko in delta south are seriously marginalized.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by JeffSiberstein: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

Who gave Ibori pardon. Who is not a criminal in Nigeria. Including you

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 8:21am On Mar 09, 2019
Right now the card is favours ogburu....but the only hindrance is the party... APC can't rule delta...but as a candidate OGBURU is well known aside his party his name speak volume...

Ogburu is the man to redesign delta state...

Okowa come first thing he did was to remove free waec examination fee for students... uduaghan had it all plan out and it did help lot of students mostly does in the riverine areas..

Okowa also delay teachers pensions....ask around other states even our closest neighbor Edo state pay retirees their stipends very quick..

Okowa hasn't done anything substantial that we as a state can be proud of......

No remarkable achievement and no better plans for we the youth...all the oil companies has relocated to bayelsa and port Harcourt...

Shell yard is a shadow of itself...

Anioma Na he won develop only shey...nor worry he eye go clear
He removed 5 million given to delta state student who graduated first class....

Make we go vote OGBURU ooo...
Cause me Na be sure banker o

4 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by professorchuks(m): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2019
Babacele:
He is a legend but have always been rigged out but now he has Fed might.

Laughing in Swahili. Shey fed might dey decide Delta state? Wait till Onitsha guys enter Asaba con vote. U go knw weda federal might dey exist for Delta. Oshiomole has been in asaba because he knows what will happen, even buhari no fit rig am.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Oju4190: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2019
[quote author=Jgovt post=76479571]Do you know why Uduaghan lost!! Greed.. Manager pleaded with Uduaghan not to contest so that a Young Itsekiri man could take over but the Greedy man refused, [/quote
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by AreaFada2: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2019
Babacele:
GEJ didn't pardon Ibori please ,check your facts. And if you understand Delta politics well, Ibori may not be far from it but would the people listen today?
It is only a preganant woman who had sex.
Tinubu, Amaechi, Akpbabio and many stole more than Ibori. Ghandollar is still at it.
Almost every objective Deltan will tell you that Ibori performed the best in office.

All our politicians are corrupt. Just a matter who at least did something tangible.

GEJ is the disease worrying zombies. They are mostly tribal bigots from the usual parts of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by mcmyvoice: 8:22am On Mar 09, 2019
What is this thief saying. Ogboru is a go
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by coputa(m): 8:23am On Mar 09, 2019
duality:
I think Okowa should run his 8 years. Let's stop being selfish abeg.

Let's stop this bad blood
Where is it stated in the constitution.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by introvertme: 8:23am On Mar 09, 2019
otokx:

See the way you dey hype the useless okowa.

Keep praising mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by hotswagg12: 8:24am On Mar 09, 2019
JeffSiberstein:

Ibori the odidigboigbo of Africa has the best political formula in Nigeria. Each senatorial zone has produced the last three governor's in Delta State.

If what ibori did in Delta State is replicated in the country, Nigeria will be a better place.

So no hope for APC in this election since their candidate is an urhobo man who only comes home when there is an election.
God bless you brother, you just said it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by otokx(m): 8:24am On Mar 09, 2019
Iriruaga100:
Urhobos are not united enough to make ogboru governor. I think isoko in delta south are seriously marginalized.

My maternal people are like sheep without shepherd, they actually have made their choice.
Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by 21Bandit: 8:26am On Mar 09, 2019
JeffSiberstein:

You they forget say urhobo still they delta south

Ona eye go clear oshare

1 Like

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by otokx(m): 8:26am On Mar 09, 2019
introvertme:

See the way you dey hype the useless okowa.

Keep praising mediocrity.

I am not hyping him or praising mediocrity, just speaking about the advantage of rotation.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobo Should Wait Till 2023, Okowa Deserves Second Term, Says Ibori by Naijageak(m): 8:27am On Mar 09, 2019
duality:
I think Okowa should run his 8 years. Let's stop being selfish abeg.

Let's stop this bad blood

Are you sure you know what politics is all about?
You are talking about different parties and you are mentioning selfish in making choices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria / Siege To Dasuki’s Home: AGF Appears In Court Today. / “Corrupt Nigerians Will Come After Me In 2023” - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.