Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu (30622 Views)

Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo / Why Northern Emirs Admire Osinbajo By David Omoruyi / Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Timfreds(m): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dele just gave it to Osibanjo at face value. Take it or leave it Dele will be remembered for his epistles. Keep on writing Senior Bros!
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by emmasege: 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
Uncle Dele, why are you bothered over Uncle Yemi? He's at the moment a stray dog which never hears its owner's whistle.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by TheAlchemist: 7:00pm On Mar 09, 2019
Osinbajo is just bidding his time, Nigerians be patient, God has a divine plan for this country.. Bookmark my statement for the nearest future.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by zoedew: 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
olisaEze:
Eloquently written, but I don’t see the point of this letter! Is he complaining to or admonishing the VP? What exactly do u want Osinbajo to do for u?

You apparently don’t know much about the writer. #quicksand #deel
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by lanrelagos: 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hungry man....
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by bukatyne(f): 7:19pm On Mar 09, 2019
A very good and enlightening piece.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by chumasmog(m): 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2019
That is a bitter truth sir ... Keep sentiment aside

oyebanji44:
Mr Dele.you were writing gibberish in your sleep.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by jaxxy(m): 7:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
Long epistles I cud only read in part and he did make absolute sense. I hope we do the right thing.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dele Momodu, after your fight with Reno Omokri immediately Atiku lost the election , you have suddenly picked up the courage to write the lost epistle of the Bible. No wonder, Davido addressed you as 'my boy'. Prof Osinbajo looks so simple and easy to you.

If you are right, the oil on his head and the covenant upon the altar will answer you. If otherwise, the oil and the covenant upon the altar will answer you. From nowhere and as a nobody the late MKO Abiola picked you from street and gave you a push ahead. Abiola himself struggled he never ruled.

The same mystery that denied Abiola the presidency might be in favour of Osinbajo and his boss. You have forgotten your days as an editor of Weekend Concord and as a bread seller for the Abiola family. You just fought with Reno Omokri and now this epistle. Becareful & watchful.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by TherWasACountry: 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
Vice Presidents worldwide have very little power. Even in the White House with the exception of Dick Cheney.

This is something we have been trying to drum into the daft heads of piglets.

You guys just can't stop making a mountain out of a molehill because of your low level of literacy

Peter Obi endured running errands, was hidden in the North, suffered all these humiliations and still returned empty-handed.

I know that's what pained you the most. Sacrificed Biafura to be a houseboy to an Aboki

Bros, please try and make an intelligent conversation without spewing hate or casting aspersions.

Yes VPs have little executive power, but they can wield a lot of influence in the executive if they choose to because its a dual ticket.

This particular VP is strikingly quiet in the face of obvious decay. Or is everything OK for you? Do you like how the country is? Why are you colouring the issue with political mudslinging?
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by TrueNigerian300: 7:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
Smh!

Here comes my problem with most Nigerians, Dele admitted here that both parties tried to outsmart each other and he never expected the election to be perfect. If Atiku had won would he say this So because Atiku lost then it is rigged and if he had won then it is not rigging despite admitting both parties were involved in the rigging. Again, if he had been given a portfolio what would be his take on this government?

I ultimately believe this guy sings the song of the highest bidder and all these wailing are due to the fact he has not been giving anything by the APC. He supported Saraki, he lost then he jumped to Atiku.

But most Nigerians are actually stupid oooooo. Nothings seem to work in the country and you want a free and fair election? It is easier for these foolish politicians to provide you with a good hospital and schools than a free and fair election. Why, because in providing you such no power will be lost but in free and fair elections power could be lost and they will do anything for that not to happen.

Anybody expecting a free and fair elections in Nigeria is confused in fact there is no where in the world where there is fair and fair election.You see what happened in 2016 in the land of the leader of the free world. Was 2016 US election fair? Hell no, the election was rigged against Trump but he miraculously won and shocked the whole world. The process was completely rigged against him.

You need to see your doctor if you think there will ever be free and fair election in Nigeria and most importantly i do not think there is a universal definition of the term "free and fair". What you consider free and fair i may think otherwise. Do not be deluded 2015 was not fair as well but because Jonathan lost we all assumed it was. Lol!!!

Nigeria the land of the most confused people in the world with very low IQ. SMH!!!.

I advise everybody to move on but if you think wailing will be the solution then I wish you well.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by IvarTheBoneless: 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
TherWasACountry:

Bros, please try and make an intelligent conversation without spewing hate or casting aspersions.

Yes VPs have little executive power, but they can wield a lot of influence in the executive if they choose to because its a dual ticket.

This particular VP is strikingly quiet in the face of obvious decay. Or is everything OK for you? Do you like how the country is? Why are you colouring the issue with political mudslinging?

There's absolutely nothing intelligent in the tripe you typed up there. You cast aspersions and i just simply gave you a reality check .

What errands did Osibanjo run beyond his office?
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
I Keep Wondering Why An Individual Like You Will Commit His Brain To Processing The Truth As False. Since 1999, This Is The Worst Of Elections, INEC Simply Disappointed Me, They Completely Forgot What I Stands For In Their Name. Shame!
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
Omooba77:
By Dele Momodu

“A lost nation is not one which lacks a ruler, but one that lacks law. Distortion of law does not mean there is no law. It means there is law but it is not applied.” – Law Definition – Duhaime’s Law Dictionary

At that meeting, when you and I sat and discussed for a considerable period of time, I had expressed serious reservations about the direction your government was headed, and you asked if it was that bad and I responded that it was “much worse.”

http://thebossnewspapers.com/2019/03/08/pendulum-an-open-letter-to-vice-president-yemi-osinbajo/amp
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by TherWasACountry: 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
Mariangeles:
Maybe he's staying put just so he can gather enough materials for when he writes his memoir on what really went down in this administration in about 10-15 years time when the coast would be clear...Baba would probably not be around by then who knows ??

The office is far more important than that.

In my opinion Osinbajo is part of the problem, politics aside. Why? He chairs the national economic council. The ERGP he's always thumping appears not to b working. Why is he not rejigging it? How come under his chairmanship reputable papers like FT say we don't have direction, and FDIs are leaving in droves, and he's neither saying nor apparently doing anything.

In OBJ time, there were reforms, with results. We saw transformation in telecoms, and little infrastructure (though they stole too much). In Yar'adua there were reforms, and we saw purpose and direction. We need to see some action from this VP. Aside politics. Aside sharing 10k. We need to see institutional reforms oozing from his office, and a cry out if at all someone somewhere is trying to stiffle him.

The time is now!
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by billbonesmd(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
Wicked

Slow your breath down bro
tesppidd:
Erection was not flee and fair this!
Erection was not flee and fair that!!

Which Nigerian election has ever been free and fair?

This fat fucck should fucck off!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by olisaEze(m): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
zoedew:

You apparently don’t know much about the writer. #quicksand #deel

I actually know enough to ask. Don’t presume to think my statement is born out of ignorance of the importance of the person of Dele Momodu in our nascent democracy. That has no bearing on the import of the letter. The VP from all indications of his first 4 yrs is not one that is not attuned to the travails of the common man in Nigeria unlike his principal. So what is the point of writing an open letter to him, when it should be directed to his boss.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by TruthinAction: 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2019
It's only Mr Pride that will deny the truth stated in this letter.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by osuofia2(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2019
See as zombies full the thread, Dele is speaking the truth, what surprises me most is that each time vpyo act as president Nigeria start getting better but immediately the daura cow takes over na automatic reverse
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by japjondo: 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2019
AudiA4:
Social media letter writer,DELE MOMODU, no amount of Pendulum comments will make your GODFATHER Atiku claim any unlawful mandate in court,this is not the era of corrupt CJN in power,if u like bark sing or campaign like cannery, nothing will happen,this election has been dusted and concluded.I advice u go look for other means of lively hood to survive grin grin grin
Gbam!...No customers to patronize him,that's why he's ranting.Never again will looters loot Nigeria treasury and call up on the likes of Dele to come and cover them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by grandstar(m): 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2019
TherWasACountry:
Osinbajo knows his place in Aso Rock. He knows he can't do much. And uncle Dele, don't think he's not "aware" of what's going on. He's not a dullard, he's fully aware of this administration's ineptitude.

What I find buggling is his apparent indifference, and sometimes outright collaboration as seen in his shameful errand running and annoying defense of this nonsense. I ask myself: What kind of a man is Yemi Osinbajo? What will he be remembered for?

My conclusion is he's choosing to sit put in that seat for certain strategic reasons which I perceive to be highly ethno-political. Apparently, to him the end may justify these means. I doubt he's correct.

"He that hath ears to hear..." Thank you Dele for this admonition.

Osinbanjo must have learnt a lesson from the relationship between Obasanjo and Atiku.

Would Atiku not have automatically become the President after Obasanjo? His hurried quest for power has been his biggest undoing. Obasanjo said as early as the first term, Atiku had already consulted marabouts who said he (Obj) will die before the that term ends. What should have been his in 2007 on a platter of gold has not still been realised 12 years later.

The automatic presidential nominee in 2023 should be Osinbanjo. Who knows (not praying for it) , Buhari may even die on the seat before the term ends..

You'd be surprised that the patient dog eats the fattest bone

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Lekankamil756: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2019
AudiA4:
Social media letter writer,DELE MOMODU, no amount of Pendulum comments will make your GODFATHER Atiku claim any unlawful mandate in court,this is not the era of corrupt CJN in power,if u like bark sing or campaign like cannery, nothing will happen,this election has been dusted and concluded.I advice u go look for other means of lively hood to survive grin grin grin
I'm not a fan of atiku or buhari,but there is sense in what this man said especially the shedding of blood, is it because ur family is not involve.bro for once be serious and sensible ,try call a spade a spade don't attach sentiment especially when it involves loss of life is ur life better than those that innocently lost their lives.don't say things that will make God get angry with u
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Kuginzi: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2019
Omooba77:

Even God used donkey to correct Balam!
But is Dele the name of the Donkey??
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Kingspin(m): 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
AudiA4:
The problem of Nigeria has not been dusted and concluded oo.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Dee60: 10:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
The letter to me contains some warning to APC so that they do not miss the message from the election and continue to drive without direction. I think it also contains some untruths and possibly some element of mischief.

To a large extent, the vote reflect the mood of the nation. Many people voted PMB not because they so much like the government but because they actually did not want his opponent to smell the seat, perhaps to prevent him from selling NNPC to his 'friends! Dele Momodu and his numerous friends had better swallowed that! If the election is repeated ten times Atiku will at best only get majority votes in the far south. There is no politician today that can defeat PMB in the north!

Those accusing INEC have not taken time to study the process. The process today will score at least 75%. The accusers also forget that INEC officials are not angels, they are your average Nigerian civil servants that you encounter in offices around the country. They understand the system and can manipulate it for gain, or in some cases they fear for their lives and simply do the bidding of overly ambitious politicians. INEC is Nigeria and Nigeria is INEC. Give Dele Momodu the job and see if he will import aliens to go to the nooks to stop crooked elements from playing their game.

On the eve of the election, PMB did the right thing by encouraging voters to go out without fear, assuring that security forces would aid safety and security. Somehow in some sections, the negative side of us came up and wicked politicians succeeded in causing mayhem, and may have found a way to use the same forces that were meant to protect the people to achieve their wicked goals. I marvel how people quickly jump at blaming one party or blaming INEC for this. I should think that we must demand investigations instead of drawing conclusions. Deal with the culprits and stop blaming institutions. Let us assume that it was APC that caused all the mayhem (which cannot be true), is APC not the same people that left PDP to nest in a party they thought could better serve them? What exactly is the difference between the two? Was Atiku not in APC in 2015?

So, why would Dele Momodu, through his write-up attempt to suggest that the VP had a hand in the mayhem. I think this is below the belt.

The presidential elections are over now and the other one has happened today. Let us see if the same wicked tendencies by politicians do not erupt again. And would Dele also link that to PMB or PYO? To the writer, the opponents have suddenly become saints, just because they lost!

We are shunning the real issue and chasing after symptoms. Politics in Nigeria is seen as business and not as service. The perks are too tempting. What you cannot earn in ten years as CEO of a bank you could pocket in just one year as a Governor or Senator. That is the reason people go to the extreme to get there.

Stop the blame game. Face the issues. Let us stop going round in circles as a country. And we must remember that the politicians love it when we shun the real issues!
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by Omooba77: 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
Bloodiest election so far.....
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by jerrymej(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2019
The fact that he exploided the truth is one reason to thank him. Thanks Mr. Dele Momodu.
Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by zoedew: 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
olisaEze:

I actually know enough to ask. Don’t presume to think my statement is born out of ignorance of the importance of the person of Dele Momodu in our nascent democracy. That has no bearing on the import of the letter. The VP from all indications of his first 4 yrs is not one that is not attuned to the travails of the common man in Nigeria unlike his principal. So what is the point of writing an open letter to him, when it should be directed to his boss.

You just underscored my take on Dele Momodu - opportunistic tendencies for selfish reasons is his hallmark! His importance traceable to the capital garnered overtime trading borrowed goodwill!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Osinbajo By Dele Momodu by olisaEze(m): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
zoedew:

You just underscored my take on Dele Momodu - opportunistic tendencies for selfish reasons is his hallmark! His importance traceable to the capital garnered overtime trading borrowed goodwill!

I like your analysis wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wakili: Police Move OPC Men Who Arrested Oyo Fulani Warlord To Abuja / More Photos Of President Buhari In Borno / Gov Wike And His Son - Caption Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.