Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React (81995 Views)

Adeleke Kissed Osun First Lady Titilola Publicly At Remi Tinubu’ Event / Ndi Igbo! We Have Work To Do! / “Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again” - Tinubu Tells Voter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Sagay212: 10:21am On Mar 09, 2019
Let them vote whoever they want to. At the end of the day, they will still do what they have been cursed to do - WAIL, ENVY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, BLAME YORUBAS FOR THEIR MISERABLE LIVES.

They are the most confused set of humans in the world. All they know is hatred and envy which their useless forefathers fed them while growing up. The same people that wanted to kill themselves over 2 fulani Presidential candidate. Same people are still foolis.hly gloating over two yoruba governorship candidates. They will abandon their cursed region and come to other developing regions to try to ruin the efforts. Failure is what they always want.

These confused people will still insult agbaje if he wins . Sanwoolu will become governor of Lagos and I hope the people of Lagos will learn to put these hateful MF where they belong. The boundary must be set.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by ola6: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2019
Seetto:
Ibos have taken this too far, you cannot jump many states and come to another man's territory claiming ownership and tagging their land belongs to nobody, I am afraid the free will they enjoy will suffer set back..

Set back or end totally?! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2019
naijaguy123456:
She was kind of right. Invite Ibo to come and eat and they will hold your own hand.

Yoruba in Lagos and south west brought Jonathan to power through our demonstration when the cabal will not let him comes in from the position of vice president. The moment Jonathan entered the Ibo took over his government as if it's an Igbo government.

We Yoruba fought for this democracy, our sons and daughters died for it. I remember Kudi abiola was murdered, pa Alfred a southern friend was murdered, simbiat adedeji was killed in broad daylight, Frank kokori another southern friend, adesanya almost lost his life.
All this time where were the Igbo or ndigbo? I forgot they were romancing abacha . Who organised the 2 million march for abacha ? An Igbo man kanu . Who went to court to stop election of abiola ? An Igbo man .

Trust an Ibo man at your own risk.

What nonsense is this one saying?! elejowewe!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by colestephan86: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2019
Breakingfamous:
'Igbo, we no dey trust una again' - Oluremi Tinubu tells voter

Nigerians reacted to Tinubu's comment about Igbos in Lagos.

In a video shared online by Punch newspaper, Bola Tinubu's wife, Senator Remi Tinubu bluntly told an Igbo man "Igbo, we no dey trust una again".

Watch the video and see how people are reacting to the video and Mrs Tinubu's comment.

Watch HERE

But of a truth, the Igbos are becoming big birds in Lagos, they are the same people saying the state is no man's land , and are still the set shouting we want Biafra,
They should begin to get the exact treatment they give non indigenes in their own states.
Avia state government once sack Imo civil savants working in abia.

12 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by NOHOLDSBAR: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2019
Igbos self no trust each other, so what's new?

6 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by lagdmark(m): 10:23am On Mar 09, 2019
naijaguy123456:
She was kind of right. Invite Ibo to come and eat and they will hold your own hand.

Yoruba in Lagos and south west brought Jonathan to power through our demonstration when the cabal will not let him comes in from the position of vice president. The moment Jonathan entered they took over his government as if it's an Igbo government.
Why only the never do well among the yorubas are afraid of igbos. Successfull Yorubas are not afraid of competitions .
After selling all their inherited old houses to igbos they are now crying .
Today most Yoruba landlands i know in early 90s are either tenants or relocated back to their villages, They sold all their inheritance to igbos.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Jokkarm2: 10:23am On Mar 09, 2019
naijaguy123456:

Yoruba in Lagos and south west brought Jonathan to power through our demonstration when the cabal will not let him comes in from the position of vice president. The moment Jonathan entered the Ibo took over his government as if it's an Igbo government.

We Yoruba fought for this democracy, our sons and daughters died for it. I remember Kudi abiola was murdered, pa Alfred a southern friend was murdered, simbiat adedeji was killed in broad daylight, Frank kokori another southern friend, adesanya almost lost his life.
All this time where were the Igbo or ndigbo? I forgot they were romancing abacha . Who organised the 2 million march for abacha ? An Igbo man kanu . Who went to court to stop election of abiola ? An Igbo man .

i just realised you are one of those yoruba with out sense. is jonah ibo? or when you remember how destined you people are to be servants you get confuse. how can one man be your god and all of you are worshiping him. it shows how miopic you people are.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by bumzylongs: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2019
Senator Remi Tinubu couldn't hide her frustration... before now they really taught dey own Lagos, After this 2019 Lagos gubernatorial elections whether dey lost or not, one thing is certain, they will learn to respect other tribes whom they tell dem to their face dey are not indigenes of Lagos...moreover her approach is undemocratic coz the poor man has d right to vote any party of his choice.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Asshurbanipali: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2019
Dora Akunyili made it possible for GEJ to take over government as commander in chief. She presented the memo at EXCO that sacked Yaradua. Stop misinformation.

naijaguy123456:

All this time where were the Igbo or ndigbo? I forgot they were romancing abacha . Who organised the 2 million march for abacha ? An Igbo man kanu . Who went to court to stop election of abiola ? An Igbo man . Tell me just one Ibo political elite that fought for this democracy or the one that ran overseas as a result of opposing military rule ? There's just none of them.

Trust an Ibo man at your own risif[/img]

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Sagay212: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2019
LastSurvivor11:

Keep fooling yourself, can you mention one aspect where other tribes are better than the igbos, just one??
Richest tribe in Nigeria igbos
Education igbos
Safest zone to live East..... UN
Per human capital Igbos
Wake up boi

Ewu biafrau.d. dangote, adenuga, alakija, are all igbos abi . You are the richest on the internet.

18 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by sulaimania2003(m): 10:26am On Mar 09, 2019
Madam now you know. It was your husband who started it by making them commissioner, local government chairmen, councilors and other important post in Lagos .
But now we have all seen there level of hatred.
An average Ibo man develop 95 percent hatred for an Hausa man at first sight and 85 percent for a Yoruba.
Soon the plan to take care of them will be unleashed.
Yoruba people are very accommodating but this people are taking it for granted.
Come and see them take up a house and they will refuse to pay a poor landlord for many years
I can see their posters everywhere in Lagos contesting for different political post.
It cant happen in the Far East. They won't even sell there land to an Outsider. K know some non easterner who lost their life in the East because the Ibo community envy envy their success .After they take over his house and chase away the wife and children.

If you are an Ibo man and this really hit you and you leave in the west ,.Watchout!!!!!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by pepigeorge(m): 10:26am On Mar 09, 2019
Breakingfamous:

In a video shared online by Punch newspaper, Bola Tinubu's wife, Senator Remi Tinubu bluntly told an Igbo man "Igbo, we no dey trust una again".

Watch the video and see how people are reacting to the video and Mrs Tinubu's comment.

Watch HERE

If u don't have d video.. Plx don't direct me to ur useless site again
Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by ola6: 10:27am On Mar 09, 2019
Sagay212:

Ewu biafrau.d. dangote, adenuga, alakija, are all igbos abi . You are the richest on the internet.

You dey mind them? grin

Empty vessels make.....

5 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Tloc(m): 10:27am On Mar 09, 2019
post=76485010:
Tho, the video was only audible for the first 4 seconds and went with no audio for the remaining seconds,
We can't say we heard her saying that at this particular time, until we are able to get another clip of this episode.

That being said,
Below is FOOD FOR THOUGHT for TRUE IGBOS of our nation,
Truth is always bitter tho......

(Written 5 months ago)
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 
Dr Uche

PDP was not a Yoruba party in 1999, yet it was used to appease them as regards Abiola. Any leader that seeks equity for his people is pleasantly judged in posterity but he who does not withers away.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by igwefivestar(m): 10:28am On Mar 09, 2019
Breakingfamous:

Watch HERE
proudly an igbo man, the most talk-about tribe in the whole world.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2019
Asshurbanipali:
Dora Akunyili made GEJ government possible. She presented the memo at EXCO that sacked Yaradua. Stop misinformation.

She only raised alarm, It was the west that took d action that made gej d president

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Sagay212: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2019
Jokkarm2:

i just realised you are one of those yoruba with out sense. is jonah ibo? or when you remember how destined you people are to be servants you get confuse. how can one man be your god and all of you are worshiping him. it shows how miopic you people are.

Ewu biafrau.d, is kanu, a jobless, fraudulent Basta.rd not your god? Do not all fool.ishly obey the misfit? Tinubu deserves all the respect he gets. If you don't like it, go and die is your cursed biafrau.d region.

4 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by BrownRoofRep: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2019
LordCenturion:
Abi,igbo hatred for Northern people is something else,whereas PDP was created by the same northern people, they carried PDP matter for head like gala awker,they forgets their own party(APGA) that was created from their own root...

They called yorubas slave to northern people, but when one of them promised them a VP slot, they become a slaves..
Afonja cone head, PDP no. 1 creator was Late Dr Alex Ekwueme from Anambra State.

You lots are so senseless!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Insectkiller: 10:32am On Mar 09, 2019
Unfortunately u have nothing to say..
Anofia! grin
jchioma:
Oluremi Tinubu have spoken the minds of most afonjas, so nothing new. But that will not stop us from speaking our minds and voting for who we want. O to ge! Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Asshurbanipali: 10:35am On Mar 09, 2019
That alarm was the only thing that was needed to sack Yaradua. Remember she was serving in that same Yaradua govt as a minister but she knew when to stand up against the cabal and exposed the mess in the presidency then, unlike the type of ministers we have now that play along even when they know that there is danger.

It was Akunyili's alert which actually came first that set the other actions in motion. Akunyili was a legend

yemaldo:

She only raised alarm, It was the west that took d action that made gej d president

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by LastSurvivor11: 10:35am On Mar 09, 2019
Sagay212:

I know you don't have sense, I know you don't know the meaning of richest tribe and richest persons grin
If one man make's a region rich why is north still the poorest region in West Africa considering dangote..
Learn to read with understanding before displaying cheer ignorance

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Lordofthewest(m): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2019
If agbaje do mistake win yeebow miscreants are so fvcked in Lagos, if sanwo olu wins they are also in trouble so either way it isn't gonna end well for you people.

7 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by ngmart(m): 10:37am On Mar 09, 2019
PDP GO COVER LAGOS TODAY WITH THEIR UMBRELLA

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by StOla: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2019
Asshurbanipali:
Dora Akunyili made GEJ government possible. She presented the memo at EXCO that sacked Yaradua. Stop misinformation.

Was Yar'Adua ever sacked?

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Jgovt(m): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2019
The Reason why Tinubu is still Relevant is coz the Yourbas don't revolt AMD they are loyal while dying.. We the Southerners don't have respect for people killing us, we always push them away when new ones come.. Loyalty Don Baff!!!!
LexngtonSteele:
grin

Tinubu - Jagaban, Don Corleone. Who in the 1999 set of Governors is still relevant today?

[img]https://media1./images/b7d5f65367fd8f8c417f7cd897ca2192/tenor.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2019
naijaguy123456:

We Yoruba fought for this democracy, our sons and daughters died for it. I remember Kudi abiola was murdered, pa Alfred a southern friend was murdered, simbiat adedeji was killed in broad daylight, Frank kokori another southern friend, adesanya almost lost his life, Gani fewehinmi was in and out of detention, sowore a SUG president in unilag ran overseas, Tinubu, Dele momodu etc ran overseas, Saro wiwa another southern friend was hanged for no reason but in all this no Ibo casualty.

All this time where were the Igbo or ndigbo? I forgot they were romancing abacha . Who organised the 2 million march for abacha ? An Igbo man kanu . Who went to court to stop election of abiola ? An Igbo man . Tell me just one Ibo political elite that fought for this democracy or the one that ran overseas as a result of opposing military rule ? There's just none of them.

[img]https://i./72nt.gif[/img]

Kia, Nigerians with their tribalistic mindset, Imaging an American saying "Don't trust Americans from New York"? It makes no sense cause Americans to see their fellow Americans as Americans, why can't Nigerians do the same and stop separating each other with a tag.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Rotimi47: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2019
Like play like play e don dey start!

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by Chimezirim121: 10:38am On Mar 09, 2019
Jimi agbaje all the way

1 Like

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by annoy1(m): 10:39am On Mar 09, 2019
post=76485010:
Tho, the video was only audible for the first 4 seconds and went with no audio for the remaining seconds,
We can't say we heard her saying that at this particular time, until we are able to get another clip of this episode.

That being said,
Below is FOOD FOR THOUGHT for TRUE IGBOS of our nation,
Truth is always bitter tho......

(Written 5 months ago)
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit. 

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu. 
Dr Uche
you are the only Igbo man that has sense #deepthought if they can stop fighting like as if PDP is an Igbo party make themselves trustworthy they could get a chance for the presidential seat

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by IloveToMess: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2019
StOla:

Was Yar'Adua ever sacked?

Stop talking rubbish, who doesn't know that Dora made it possible for Jonathan to be President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by StOla: 10:39am On Mar 09, 2019
Asshurbanipali:
That alarm was the only thing that was needed to sack Yaradua. Remember she was serving in that same Yaradua govt as a minister but she knew when to stand up against the cabal and exposed the mess in the presidency then, unlike the type of ministers we have now that play along even when they know that there is danger.

It was Akunyili's alert which actually came first that set other actions in motion. Akunyili was a legend

You mean Akunyili was a traitor that betrayed her boss whom she was previously cooking for in the kitchen of Turai Yar'Adua?

That was me thinking like an Igbo who claims everyone betrayed him.

2 Likes

Re: Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React by whirlwind7(m): 10:40am On Mar 09, 2019
naijaguy123456:

We Yoruba fought for this democracy, our sons and daughters died for it. I remember Kudi abiola was murdered, pa Alfred a southern friend was murdered, simbiat adedeji was killed in broad daylight, Frank kokori another southern friend, adesanya almost lost his life, Gani fewehinmi was in and out of detention, sowore a SUG president in unilag ran overseas, Tinubu, Dele momodu etc ran overseas, Saro wiwa another southern friend was hanged for no reason but in all this no Ibo casualty.

[img]https://i./72nt.gif[/img]

May thunder dispatch your entire lineage for this blatant lie.

For your information, it was the late Prof Dora Akunyili that reprimanded the people backing late Yar Adua and his wife to do the right thing and relinquish power to GEJ who was the right successor then.
You brainless leprechaun failed to mention what Yoruba had the tiniest moral or guts to say the truth in the face of that oppression.

As for your other claims, I cannot dignify them with rebuttals.
If you can't support any allegations of the Igbos crime against Yorubas with verifiable documents, then be forever silenced.

Yes, Nnamdi Kanu organized a rally for Abacha. Dude was hustling for his own pocket. He was roundly condemned by the Igbo nation. Where is he today?

Aren't you ashamed that all the people you mentioned killed were victims of your Northern master who you cannot stop licking their asses? There may have been fewer Igbo casualties that period because you lots gladly jump into every alliance with the north, whom the Igbos have wisely learned to avoid.

Are Igbos supposed to make enemies of Yorubas because there were few Yoruba casualties during the civil war?

Very good. Yorubas fought for this democracy, but Igbos fought to have a nation where every region will take care of, and be in charge of their destiny and future. If you guys had done the right thing, your Oduduwa Republic would have celebrated it's 50th independence at least.

You lots will rather have a fake "one Nigeria" where nothing works. We are in this together o. You want one Nigeria, yet you're asking Igbos to play second fiddle or become outcasts in it?

No Igbo needs your trust. Take your trust and shove it up your ass. An Igbo will soon buy up your ancestral property and make you a gateman on it
Oniranu. Awọn ọmọ alailẹkọ, aláìní itiju.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Saraki Wears Made-In-Aba Clothes To Senate Session. Pics / Ex-NSA Dasuki's House In Kaduna? (photos) / Jack Dorsey Tweets Nigerian Flag (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.