Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (525 Views)

Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne / Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? / IS Lagos Actually The Most Beautiful And Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by JeffSiberstein: 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
Why Lagos is the way it is:
● Lagos, in relation to other states in Nigeria (maybe, except Abuja) is the most developed and civilised state in the country.

● Hence, massive immigration into Lagos from different parts of the country as everybody believes they can make it there.

● Hence, overpopulation.

● Hence, traffic jam, inflated prices, increased investment, wonderful social life, diverse culture...

● Since everyone is in Lagos to 'make it', they try to outsmart you or you outsmart them or you play fair (this is rare). Hence, the upbeat lifestyle. You have to be sharp...even to board a bus.

Random Review Points (RRP):
● Lagos is to Nigeria as NYC is to the US of A.

● Lagos teaches you lessons, mostly by first-hand experience.

● Lagos is a state with countless job opportunities; be it white collar, golden collar or a no-collar job (Trust me, we have those too).

● Lagos is totally upbeat. In Lagos, the race is for the swift! In fact, if you're too slow, it pisses people off.

● Lagos is fun. They are many places you could go to have fun. And if you don't go, fun finds you.

● Lagos life is quite stressful. If you're new to Lagos, you would want to leave almost immediately. But after a while, you adapt.

● Oh yea, Lagos teaches you to adapt to anything.

● Lagos has a place for the rich and the poor, the tall and the short, the smart and the stupid, the kind and the not-very-kind. Once you arrive, you know where you fall. Quite automatically

● Whoever you are, Lagos has something (and/or someone for you).

For me Lagos is where they are because they have the only functional seaport in Nigeria.

From Quora.

Re: Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by lomprico(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
Yes it is thanks to the Capital status it enjoyed in the past and the collective effort of all Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by hunter21(m): 12:16am On Mar 10, 2019
Lagos is like that simply because it is Nigeria's cultural capital, port Harcourt comes close
Re: Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by BusinessHub1: 12:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Lagos is one of the most porky planned state, infested with traffic gridlock, flood and agbero! Please you guys should calm down with this hype na. I used to believe Lagos to be heavier on earth till I went to live there, I ran away after 2 months of stay and vow never to return!
Re: Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by Ttipsy(f): 10:27am On Mar 10, 2019
op Nigeria isn't developed yet
Re: Is Lagos The Most Developed State In Nigeria? by MPSA(m): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2019
JeffSiberstein:
Why Lagos is the way it is:
● Lagos, in relation to other states in Nigeria (maybe, except Abuja) is the most developed and civilised state in the country.

● Hence, massive immigration into Lagos from different parts of the country as everybody believes they can make it there.

● Hence, overpopulation.

● Hence, traffic jam, inflated prices, increased investment, wonderful social life, diverse culture...

● Since everyone is in Lagos to 'make it', they try to outsmart you or you outsmart them or you play fair (this is rare). Hence, the upbeat lifestyle. You have to be sharp...even to board a bus.

Random Review Points (RRP):
● Lagos is to Nigeria as NYC is to the US of A.

● Lagos teaches you lessons, mostly by first-hand experience.

● Lagos is a state with countless job opportunities; be it white collar, golden collar or a no-collar job (Trust me, we have those too).

● Lagos is totally upbeat. In Lagos, the race is for the swift! In fact, if you're too slow, it pisses people off.

● Lagos is fun. They are many places you could go to have fun. And if you don't go, fun finds you.

● Lagos life is quite stressful. If you're new to Lagos, you would want to leave almost immediately. But after a while, you adapt.

● Oh yea, Lagos teaches you to adapt to anything.

● Lagos has a place for the rich and the poor, the tall and the short, the smart and the stupid, the kind and the not-very-kind. Once you arrive, you know where you fall. Quite automatically

● Whoever you are, Lagos has something (and/or someone for you).

For me Lagos is where they are because they have the only functional seaport in Nigeria.

From Quora.

I understand the meaning of development very well, Yes, Lagos is well developed.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Urgent Help: How Do I Get To Ikoyi From Oshodi? / Help Needed,on My Immigration Plans / Mowe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.