Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,250 members, 7,780,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:47 PM

BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu (37003 Views)

BREAKING: Election Tribunals To Shut Down Following Subsidy Removal / European Union Election Observer Spotted At Obi Abuja Campaign / Breaking: Election 2019: Atiku In Closed Door Meeting With IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by AutoReportNG: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
A policeman has shot dead an election observer in Umuida community, Enugu Ezike, Igbo-Eze north local government area of Enugu state.

The observer whose identity is yet to be ascertained was shot in the head by the police officer stationed close to the residence of Ayogu Eze, governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.

Ebere Amarizu, spokesman of the Enugu police command, confirmed the incident to journalists.

He attributed it to “accidental discharge”.

The observer was first taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Enugu Ezike before he was transferred to another hospital in Enugu town.

The man was said to have had a confrontation with the policeman at a polling unit metres away from Eze’s residence.

Patrick Egwu, a journalist based in Enugu, told TheCable APC supporters and agents at the polling unit where the observer was killed, confronted journalists and observers.

There is palpable tension within the area following security reinforcement from the army and police.

Eze had asked his supporters to boycott the election after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declined his request for the election to be postponed.

He had asked for more time to campaign because his candidature was confirmed by the court two days ago.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-election-observer-shot-dead-in-enugu/amp
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by AutoReportNG: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2019
Lord have mercy... Accidental discharge

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Amein(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2019
f

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by helinues: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
Accidental discharged abi intentionally discharged

16 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by successmatters(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2019
APC is associated with violence and bad news everywhere. Even in peaceful states.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by udoka55555: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
the main reason I dey my house...its not worth anybody's life

maybe I will vote in 2023..
for now, I give up.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by eben1marketer: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
Are we still the giant of Africa?
Still looking for a reliable Web design company? Get your website done without advance payments. Check out our designs and details HERE

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by chyckxx(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
aw! cry
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Tunasco4u(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
OK
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by philips007(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
Nawahh'oooO
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Depot(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
I peeped through my window and saw only 3 people at my pooling unit at surulere, people don wisen up, no time to waste.
. People

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Oblitz(m): 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2019
Chai naija

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Kingimmaculate1(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
Why now
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by citruslimited(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hmmmmmm
Click on the link below
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by naijapips04: 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2019
2019 election by Buhari and his brother Yakubu has to be the worst Nigeria has witnessed so far.

29 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by BafanaBafana: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
Only in the "educated" south will people be killing each other because of elections.
Tufiyakwa!!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by SaintNemesis(f): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
Accidentally discharge indeed undecided

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Keziehenry(m): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by princegeo(m): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
The same Enugu election they said that was peaceful
Abeg nairaland what's happening nau

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Sunbellar: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
That's bad!
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Mizwisdom(f): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
sad
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Quorax: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
The blood of this dead man is in the hands of all APC supporters today. Many of you will die miserably. You will never go unpunished!

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by datola: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ah. I don't know why some people like to be violent

All the.polling units in my area in Lagos had one police woman each with no gun and elections there were peaceful- both presidential and governorship today.

The officer should be made to face prosecution and punished accordingly if found guilty.
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Bighead9: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
Snatch a ballot box and Die. grin
God bless Buhari for this order. grin

I hope he is a ballot box snatcher, if not. RIP to the Dead.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Uniportadmision: 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
Too bad, rest in peace to the dead.
Meanwhile,

Keke for sale in port Harcourt
Four available
All strong engines

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Hardrive(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
Quite unfortunate
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by lomprico(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
princegeo:
The same Enugu election they said that was peaceful
Abeg nairaland what's happening nau

It was now. The APC police man was just itching for action so he shot an observer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Adexvivacity(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2019
Quorax:
The blood of this dead man is in the hands of all APC supporters today. Many of you will die miserably. You will never go unpunished!

You must have cursed you father this way because you lack manner.
You must be under age because i see no sense in you at all.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by johnnyloroun: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2019
Tragic
Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by otokx(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2019
How can anybody in his write sense confront an armed Nigerian policeman?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Election Observer Shot Dead In Enugu by Dannygold3790(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hope he's not a foreigner

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hadiza Balarabe's First Day In Office As Kaduna Deputy Governor (Photos) / Photo : Gov Fayose Rocking Dubai [oya Shakitibobo] / Bola Tinubu Arrives Kaduna Ahead Of Tomorrow's APC Presidential Rally (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.