Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt (1693 Views)

Identical Twins: Adegoke Taiye & Kehinde Graduate With First Class From UNIBADAN / Prof B. L. Adeleke(08071878926): Meet the Prof that Won't let you Graduate / Friends Who Study Together Graduate With First Class Together (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 10, 2019
What peculiar lessons did you learn? What year did you act slipshod and how did you recover?

What was your first year cgpa?

can I graduate with a first class if I'm on a 4.11 at the end of my first year?
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by MrSix: 6:46am On Mar 10, 2019
Durentt:
Lesson learned?

What was your first year cgpa, can I graduate with a first class if I'm on a 4.11 at the end of my first year?

The question you should be asking is this. If I graduate with a first class degree, what would I do with it? What can it get me?

Bro...start looking for a first class business.

I was on first class from year one till 1st semester 400l and at the end graduated with 4.47cgpa. Guess what, I have nothing to show for than expecting my certificate would get me something. That's the illusion first class students get while in school. There's nothing like that.

Happy Sunday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 10, 2019
Let me book space, I have a lot to learn
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2019
MrSix:

The question you should be asking is this. If I graduate with a first class degree, what would I do with it? What can it get me?

Bro...start looking for a first class business.

I was on first class from year one till 1st semester 400l and at the end graduated with 4.47cgpa. Guess what, I have nothing to show for than expecting my certificate would get me something. That's the illusion first class students get while in school. There's nothing like that.

Happy Sunday
most first class graduate lives well after graduation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Ademola47(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2019
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by ndat(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ademola47:
well, so far so good though not yet over
I rep Bsc(Ed) health education, ABU

1st semester year 1- 4.16
2nd semester year 1- 4.24
cgpa=4.20
1st semester year 2- 4.57
2nd semester year 2-5.00
cgpa=4.77

The magic is study your books and your lecturer, know what they want from you and pray very well.
Don't under estimate anybody, your first impression about people should be, what will you learn together with them and what will you learn from them.

Hope this helps....

2 Likes

Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
ndat:

cgpa=4.20
2nd semester year 2-5.00
cgpa=4.77

The magic is study your books and your lecturer, know what they want from you and pray very well.
Don't under estimate anybody, your first impression about people should be, what will you learn together with them and want will you learn from them.

Hope this helps....
hello, what is your present cgpa now? Overall cgpa?
4.77?
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by ndat(m): 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2019
Durentt:
hello, what is your present cgpa now? Overall cgpa?
4.77?
yeah that's my current cga
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Zico5(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2019
ndat:
U don't know how to calculate cgpa. with ur current performance so far in 4 semester, ur current cgpa is 4.49. Take time and ask questions on how to calculate cgpa. Don't live in illusion.
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by iaamxavier(m): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2019
ndat:

Lmao! You're on 4.49 Mr man
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Austinebest4u(m): 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
Zico5:

U don't know how to calculate cgpa. with ur current performance so far in 4 semester, ur current cgpa is 4.49. Take time and ask questions on how to calculate cgpa. Don't live in illusion.
how did u calculate it plsss
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by MrSix: 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
Zico5:

He calculated it wrongly, yeah, but do you know his semester credit loads?
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Zico5(m): 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2019
Austinebest4u:
how did u calculate it plsss
For the first year, add the first and second gpa together, then divide them by two. whatever u get is ur cgpa at the end of two semester. For the cgpa at first semester of the second year, subtract the new gpa from the cgpa and divide by three, then add the result to the cgpa of the first year. For the Forth semester, subtract ur new gpa from the cgpa and divide by four, then add the result to ur cgpa. it's as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
Durentt:
What peculiar lessons did you learn? What year did you act slipshod and how did you recover?

What was your first year cgpa?

can I graduate with a first class if I'm on a 4.11 at the end of my first year?
Am still in my final year, not yet through. My first year CGPA is 4.49 but my current CGPA is 4.24 hoping to make it to first class. Insha Allah
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by kennyjam: 4:23am On Mar 11, 2019
Zico5:

For the first year, add the first and second gpa together, then divide them by two. whatever u get is ur cgpa at the end of two semester. For the cgpa at first semester of the second year, subtract the new gpa from the cgpa and divide by three, then add the result to the cgpa of the first year. For the Forth semester, subtract ur new gpa from the cgpa and divide by four, then add the result to ur cgpa. it's as simple as that.

this is not the ideal method, at all.

this is just an approximate method with + or - x. to the exact cgpa.
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by MrSix: 6:08am On Mar 11, 2019
Zico5:

What?

See eh

It is (Total Points Earned)/(Total Credits Carried)
TPE/TCC=CGPA

You can't tell one's cgpa by just knowing his GPAs. You'd need to know his Points Earned and the Credits Carried.
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 11, 2019
MrSix:

What?

See eh

TPE/TCC=CGPA

You can't tell one's cgpa by just knowing his GPAs. You'd need to know his Points Earned and the Credits Carried.
when calculated either way, you get the same answer
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Zico5(m): 7:40am On Mar 11, 2019
MrSix:

What?

See eh

TPE/TCC=CGPA

U don't know the difference between calculation of gpa and cgpa. The guy is talking of cgpa not gpa
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by MrSix: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2019
Zico5:

U don't know the difference between calculation of gpa and cgpa. The guy is talking of cgpa not gpa
Do you read at all? Smh
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2019
MrSix:

Do you read at all? Smh
Zico5:

Please let's leave it at that. Please.
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 11, 2019
MrSix:

What?

See eh

TPE/TCC=CGPA

Using this method or

Zico5:

this corresponding method gives the same answer!

And this CGPA below is actually 4.49 not 4.77 when calculated with either of the methods above.

ndat:

cgpa=4.20
2nd semester year 2-5.00
cgpa=4.77

Don't under estimate anybody, your first impression about people should be, what will you learn together with them and want will you learn from them.

Hope this helps....
Re: Did You Graduate With A First Class? How? Your Mistakes And Lessons Learnt by MrSix: 8:01am On Mar 11, 2019
Durentt:

Using this method or

this corresponding method gives the same answer!

And this CGPA below is actually 4.49 not 4.77 when calculated with either of the methods above.

I'm not arguing that bro...I've not tried the other method. But he just didn't read what I said before mentioning me.

We cool though

(1) (Reply)

Objectives And Official Websites Of Top 20 Professional Bodies In Nigeria / Two Futo Students Develop A Device Which Curtails The Spread Of Covid-19 / Schools Reopening Soon After The Inter State Lockdown Is Eased- FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.