Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers (22848 Views)

Sunday Odo Shot In Ayogu Eze House In Enugu. Graphic Photos / Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi And Ayogu Eze Hug Passionately / Senator Ayogu Eze Defects To APC In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Mikora: 7:42am On Mar 10, 2019
NOHOLDSBAR:
SO much election violence in the SS and SE over mere election matters. It's a do or die affair over there. What a shame.
Was it not in the southwest that a senatorial candidate called sugar was shot dead yesterday? And olaniran Atilade another candidate in Osun state escaped assassination and had to hide in the bush for two hours?
Even Desmond Elliot was shot at in Lagos and escaped death by whiskers. Don't let me go and start bringing links of the monumental violence that occurred in south west states here now. Hypocrites!!!

3 Likes

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Glorymax: 7:43am On Mar 10, 2019
Well, I will say you people are lucky to have come out safely and narrate the experience yourselves. It's a pity but you got it all wrong to have gone to the residents of an opposition candidate who was visibly pained on the conduct of the election, with a state government owned vehicle. That was costly mistake.
On a general note, our democracy is dead with the level of violence characterisation being witnessed. Whether anyone accept it or not, the bulk of the blame goes to the APC government.

2 Likes

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by kkboy(m): 7:43am On Mar 10, 2019
Their job was to monitor the conduct of the election not to visit or investigation.
Next time stay within your scope of work.

2 Likes

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by ikpuchinonye(m): 7:43am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:
The way south south and south east dey carry election matter like say na civil war tire me oh. river state na him worst pass.. After dem go say dem dey more enlighten than the north., but as a matter of fact the western state(apart from lasgidi) and northern state behave dem self more in this election than the self acclaim literate.
ogun,Oyo, ondo,osun where they have reported many election killings must be in the SE and SS abi? The must violent region in Southern nigeria is SW..too much killings going there already..check the FP and see how they have turned SW to Somali.

3 Likes

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by 247Dior(m): 7:43am On Mar 10, 2019
Nwodosis:
This story is not adding up, are you telling me that the APC thugs had Gburu gburu campaign caps with them in Ayogu's house? And it was a government vehicle that you guys got from a friend after your own broke down?
The cap was found in the car they came with. .
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Ewedegubbler: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:
The way south south and south east dey carry election matter like say na civil war tire me oh. river state na him worst pass.. After dem go say dem dey more enlighten than the north., but as a matter of fact the western state(apart from lasgidi) and northern state behave dem self more in this election than the self acclaim literate.

Yea,, that is why a member of house of reps was killed on Election Day in the SE/SS abi?
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Codeinvent: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2019
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:44am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:

I noticed that too. Very bad.

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by AFONJACOW(m): 7:47am On Mar 10, 2019
Mr observer observe well , no be unah talk say The last election was free and fair... next time u won't be this lucky
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by charles009(m): 7:48am On Mar 10, 2019
This cannot be true,
This story doesn't add up.
Government vehicle, can you guys be so dumb.

Anyways poverty has imprisomed us all.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Mikora: 7:49am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:

Was it not in the southwest that a senatorial candidate called sugar was shot dead yesterday? And olaniran Atilade another candidate in Osun state escaped assassination and had to hide in the bush for two hours?
Even Desmond Elliot was shot at in Lagos and escaped death by whiskers. Don't let me go and start bringing links of the monumental violence that occurred in south west states here now. Hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by 2blessed01(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2019
...WELL, THANK GOD 4 YOUR LIFE !
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Herkim(m): 7:50am On Mar 10, 2019
South south and south East are volatile places due to insecurity and intolerance going on there.

We need to be sincere with ourselves.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Figolouis: 7:51am On Mar 10, 2019
money as exchanged hand, story don dey change.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Pavarottii(m): 7:55am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:
U mean the violence brought to d state by ameachi?
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Uguruzik(m): 7:57am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:

Are you alright? Is Ibadan where a house of assembly member and a candidate was shot dead SS or SE; is ogun where two persons were killed yesterday SS or SE? STOP THAT HATE SO THAT YOU CAN THINK WELL.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Uguruzik(m): 8:01am On Mar 10, 2019
chuckjonesbaba:

I noticed that too. Very bad.

Because you are blind in the mind, too biased to see beyond SS and SE

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by otomatic(m): 8:03am On Mar 10, 2019
Foolishness at it's peak. How do you visit a candidate's premises in an opposition's marked vehicle? Did you inform the friend that provided the vehicle of that movement or you want to put him in trouble with his bosses now that the vehicle has been destroyed?
Truly, common sense is scarce.

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:04am On Mar 10, 2019
Uguruzik:

Because you are blind in the mind, too biased to see beyond SS and SE

I am from the SE and am not blind in the mind. Lol! Was just making an observation about the killings and violence in Rivers state and some SE states something we are not known for until this election.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by authenticman(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2019
...One of them was busy struggling for the gun with one of the mobile policemen...

who does this in a sane world? shocked shocked shocked
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Temptee101(m): 8:15am On Mar 10, 2019
NOHOLDSBAR:
SO much election violence in the SS and SE over mere election matters. It's a do or die affair over there. What a shame.
These words can only come from an afonja, very predictable. So, the several killings recorded in the SW were not human beings but rats bah?

Use your brain, it pays

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Mikora: 8:15am On Mar 10, 2019
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Mikora: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:
I can see south west states behaving themselves in all the stories below. South west idiots that even had the effrontery to stone the president just because of elections. A region where well known touts like Mc Oluomo are recognised as Political party chieftains is trying to preach to other regions. Stupid cone heads!!

https://www.nairaland.com/5069745/olaniran-akanfe-atidade-escapes-assassination#76504056

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/319027-ondo-two-die-in-election-violence-as-governor-imposes-curfew.html

https://www.nairaland.com/5069842/thugs-invade-ile-tuntun-along

https://punchng.com/violence-mars-elections-in-osun/

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/one-killed-as-apc-apm-supporters-clash-in-ogun.html

https://www.nairaland.com/5069709/thugs-attack-desmond-elliot-lagos
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Femeto: 8:28am On Mar 10, 2019
Why go to a candidates house is that your core duty as an election observer.Were they voting there? Wetin your eyes see na you cause am because some people are not learned and they don't understand your election observer title.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by DayDreamer05(m): 8:33am On Mar 10, 2019
I can smell lies, something is not quite adding up.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by iezeiyida(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2019
You never provided your ID cards when an ex - Local Govt Chairman, Hon Bonaventure Onu, stopped you and asked for them. Moreover, you said Senator Eze's supporters are more than 700 there. Later, you branded all of them thugs including me and my 15 years-old younger sister, who also was there! You lie more than Lai Mohammed!

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Reference(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2019
When the President called for the death of those who would attempt to snatch ballot boxes little did he realise he had made badgering, lynching and death the official mantra of these elections. I said it then and I say it now, it was a callous statement in the order of the 'do or die' days of the Obasanjo regime we thought we had left far behind.

It has made self help an official position because no one has the right to take a life in the course of a civil, non combative process such as democratic elections, even law enforcement agents. Mr Buhari should note that as a leader the tone set goes a long way to determine the course citizens chart for themselves. If he can clearly remember his unfortunate gaffe about monkeys and baboons and the fallout many years ago in contrast to the 'not worth the blood of any Nigerian' and the peace he enjoyed in his victory and the transition, it proves Mr Buhari has learnt little from history.

No elections have been perfect, no elections have been free from threats, manipulations and anti social vices yet we have managed to conduct 5 general elections before this, voted in 3 President's before him and changed one goverment led party. Imperfect but stable. This is the least we expected from Mr Buhari and not to overheat the system unnecessarily for his personal benefit. He is a leader of all and at his age should be a statesman of sorts, full of introspection and wisdom, patient with all and not quick to judge.

Nigeria will continue beyond Mr. Buhari's government and time in office. He should leave things as he met them if he cannot find the resolve to better them. It is least we expect of him. He should not and cannot continue to incite violence through loose rhetoric and continue to cleave society asunder for aims we are yet to understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by hollywater: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2019
Imortal001:
Abeg make i hear words.U no know we're d problem dey come from or u just want pretend?
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by chuckjonesbaba(m): 8:48am On Mar 10, 2019

1 Like

Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by scantee(m): 8:56am On Mar 10, 2019
Enugu Ezike /Ogba the home of cultists, those boys dealt with me in 2017 when I was handling project from Otukpo Benue State - Nsukka Enugu State, the marks still on my hand till date, they demanded 10m from me as community settlement.

Useless set of people.
Re: How We Escaped Death In APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze’s House - Observers by Kobicove(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2019
otomatic:
Foolishness at it's peak. How do you visit a candidate's premises in an opposition's marked vehicle? Did you inform the friend that provided the vehicle of that movement or you want to put him in trouble with his bosses now that the vehicle has been destroyed?
Truly, common sense is scarce.

Don't mind them...they're a bunch of idiots undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Senator Osinowo’s Death Should Not Deter Us From Defeating COVID-19 / PDP Postpones Edo Gubernatorial Election Primary Election Until June 23 / US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.