Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (60293 Views)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 10, 2019
Two days ago, a senseless pilot of a plane coming in from America announced to passengers to brace for a crash landing because the plane was running out of aviation fuel and may not be enough for the plane to reach the airport in Lagos.

This caused the passengers to panic and a particular woman had her BP rise so high. Annoyingly but fortunately, the plane made it to the airport in one piece but unfortunately, the woman died before they could get her to the hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by CoolAmbience(m): 11:50am On Mar 10, 2019
Racoon:
Ethiopian Airline that have been the beacon of aviation development in Africa? sad Wetin happen nah Rest on beloved people.

It is really sad.

Such a well-managed Airline. I recall using their flight to Sao Paolo a few years back.

May God grant loved ones of the deceased the strength to bear the irreparable loss.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by symbianDON(m): 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2019
MajorJeffery:
From where to Nairobi? I have a friend that just traveled and I'm sure it was an Ethiopian airline ticket. Well, it can't be.
most likely from Addis Ababa
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by stormwarrior(m): 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Is Baba inside?
ur father abi,yeah i think so
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Schwartz: 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, I do use the lavatory but I am super tensed up all through the flight duration, but at the same time, I see my fellow passengers so relaxed, chatting and having the best of time on-board, I will now ask myself, why are other passengers calm and relaxed but I am worried and fearful grin, I have been told to take sleeping pills when boarding to make me sleep off but I know myself, even with sleeping pills, I will not sleep grin
If you take sleeps pills before boarding how will you pass through customs and immigration before boarding?
For me the take off and landing scares the shit out of me. The worst landing i experienced was with an all female crew pilot team. The woman was landing plane like kilode shocked shocked
I never look forward to flying. RiP to the dead
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by higgs: 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
Sad.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
Schwartz:

If you take sleeps pills before boarding how will you pass through customs and immigration before boarding?
For me the take off and landing scares the shit out of me. The worst landing i experienced was with an all female crew pilot team. The woman was landing plane like kilode shocked shocked
I never look forward to flying. RiP to the dead
No, I said I was advised to take sleeping pills when boarding not before boarding, after immigration clearance, so that I can sleep and forget about the flight phobia, Lol grin
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by AngelicBeing: 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
Burger01:
Bruh, we sin every day. Las las we go pray for forgiveness during plane turbulence. I hate take off and turbulence. Will never forget Air France take off from Charle de Gaulle to NY. During take off the plane rocked to the right, instantly the left, dropped down a little bit and then zoooooooooom up with such a speed that I had a blocked eardrum shocked Everyone one on that flight shouted. Bruh, forget... na God dey keep person smiley
Hahaha, I experienced this on an Ethiopian airlines from Asia enroute to Addis Ababa, mehn, the airplane dropped from a high altitude to a low altitude, it was so sudden, my ear drums blocked instantly shocked, on arrival at Addis Ababa, I became normal grin
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by drealnamdy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2019
toolssdatabase:
An Ethiopian Airlines plane has gone down with 149 passengers and 8 crew onboard, the airline said.

The plane is believed to have crashed six minutes after take off, according to local reports.

The Ethiopian prime minister's official Twitter account has expressed condolences to families of those lost.

The PM's office wrote on Twitter: "The office of the PM, on behalf of government and people of Ethiopia, would like to express it's deepest condolences to the families that have lost their loved ones on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 on regular scheduled flight to Nairobi, Kenya this
morning."

source : https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-ethiopian-airlines-plane-crashes-14113271

OMG...my condolences to the families that lost their loved ones.. ..to think I boarded that airline on my way back from SA last year... With their poor services

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by azubikeiyi: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2019
Eternal rest to all victims. May God console your families and friends
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by onyxo76(m): 12:36pm On Mar 10, 2019
Have flown the airline before ,quite a safe airline as i\ve never heard any incident with them before...so sad.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by aniblue(m): 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
Taking a flight now has become a suicide mission shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by bmos(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
Investorsci:
Rip

The plane was reported to have 'gone down'. It did not say lives were lost and the PM is busy here condoling families.

...Just on a lighter mood though weeping with heavy heart with the berraved.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by olamakinde(m): 1:11pm On Mar 10, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Is Baba inside?
wicked soul
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by abbyode(m): 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2019
Copied!

On 29 October 2018, a brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 flight JT610 owned by Lion Air travelling from Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang on the island of Bangka crashed into the Java Sea 12 minutes after takeoff. All 189 passengers and crew were killed in the accident.

Investigations revealed that the crash was caused by the automated “angle of attack” (AOA) anti-stall sensor that activated the system and was giving a false reading.

A stall is a dangerous situation where the lift from an aircraft's wings no longer is enough to counter the weight of the plane, causing it to lose control and fall.

The malfunction initiated a 12-minute tug of war as the system — called the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) — repeatedly forced the plane’s nose down and the pilots brought it back up again.

At the end of this wrestling match, the pilots lost control and the jet went into a steep dive, crashing into the Java Sea at approximately 500 miles per hour.

US airlines pilot union say Boeing did not include any mention of the new system in the Aircraft Flight Manual. Further, the system activates automatically with no notice given to the pilot and they have also not being taught how to respond if it malfunctions. The pilots say they actually learned about MCAS after the LionAir crash.

In November, Boeing delivered the ill-fated 737 Max 8 plane to Ethiopia Airlines maybe without informing them of the MCAS system issues or training their pilots on how to handle the system if it malfunctions.

On Thursday March 7, 2019 just 3 days ago, a Seattle personal-injury law firm sued Boeing on behalf of the families of 17 Indonesian passengers who died in the crash.

Today the Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8 has crashed just 6 minutes after take off. Could the same system be responsible?

Most likely YES and the rest of the 737 Max 8 and 9 in operation should be grounded until a solution is found and pilots trained on how to deal with a malfuntion of the system to avert another disaster.

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Burger01(m): 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, I experienced this on an Ethiopian airlines from Asia enroute to Addis Ababa, mehn, the airplane dropped from a high altitude to a low altitude, it was so sudden, my ear drums blocked instantly shocked, on arrival at Addis Ababa, I became normal grin
Always normal whenever I stepped out of the plane. It's well o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by banio: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2019
May GOD protect us all from such death.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by meccuno: 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2019
always scary entering flights in Nigeria. just sleep off. grin grin
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by mexzony: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
abbyode:
Copied!

On 29 October 2018, a brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8 flight JT610 owned by Lion Air travelling from Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang on the island of Bangka crashed into the Java Sea 12 minutes after takeoff. All 189 passengers and crew were killed in the accident.

Investigations revealed that the crash was caused by the automated “angle of attack” (AOA) anti-stall sensor that activated the system and was giving a false reading.

A stall is a dangerous situation where the lift from an aircraft's wings no longer is enough to counter the weight of the plane, causing it to lose control and fall.

The malfunction initiated a 12-minute tug of war as the system — called the Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System (MCAS) — repeatedly forced the plane’s nose down and the pilots brought it back up again.

At the end of this wrestling match, the pilots lost control and the jet went into a steep dive, crashing into the Java Sea at approximately 500 miles per hour.

US airlines pilot union say Boeing did not include any mention of the new system in the Aircraft Flight Manual. Further, the system activates automatically with no notice given to the pilot and they have also not being taught how to respond if it malfunctions. The pilots say they actually learned about MCAS after the LionAir crash.

In November, Boeing delivered the ill-fated 737 Max 8 plane to Ethiopia Airlines maybe without informing them of the MCAS system issues or training their pilots on how to handle the system if it malfunctions.

On Thursday March 7, 2019 just 3 days ago, a Seattle personal-injury law firm sued Boeing on behalf of the families of 17 Indonesian passengers who died in the crash.

Today the Ethiopian Airlines 737 Max 8 has crashed just 6 minutes after take off. Could the same system be responsible?

Most likely YES and the rest of the 737 Max 8 and 9 in operation should be grounded until a solution is found and pilots trained on how to deal with a malfuntion of the system to avert another disaster.
Na wa o. Technology as good as it is van have a devastating impact. But why will a while Boeing not tell people who will use their product about the new features given that life's are at stake. Ha.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by tajuh: 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ethiopian Airlines is currently giving more details of the passengers who were on board ET 302 that crashed on Sunday shortly after taking off from Bole International Airpoirt in Addis Ababa.

The numbers we have so far are:

32 passengers were Kenyan
18 Canada
9 Ethiopian
8 Chinese
8 Italian
8 US
7 British
7 France
6 Egypt
5 Netherlands
4 UN passport
4 Indian
3 Russian
2 Moroccan
2 Israeli
1 Belgian
1 Ugandan
1 Yemeni
1 Sudanese
1 Togo
1 Mozambican
1 Norwegian

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Agugbadin: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2019
MajorJeffery:
From where to Nairobi? I have a friend that just traveled and I'm sure it was an Ethiopian airline ticket. Well, it can't be.

From Addis Ababa to Nairobi
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
drealnamdy:

OMG...my condolences to the families that lost their loved ones.. ..to think I boarded that airline on my way back from SA last year... With their poor services

My brother I used this useless airline once and vowed never to use them again.

The service is poor and talk less of their Addis Ababa Airport, what a chaotic airport it is.

What made me so mad about them is that they failed to refund me my money when I cancelled the trip. All the are looking for is money and title that they are the fastest airline in Africa. Some of their aircrafts are old. This was bound to happen.

Useless airline.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2019
midehi2:
shocked
Ethiopian airlines is one of the best so far for now ooo

Connect in Addis Ababa and you will realise it's empty accolades. Never seen such a chaotic place. I hope they have improved it in 2019.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2019
tajuh:
Ethiopian Airlines is currently giving more details of the passengers who were on board ET 302 that crashed on Sunday shortly after taking off from Bole International Airpoirt in Addis Ababa.

18 Canada
9 Ethiopian
8 Chinese
8 Italian
8 US
7 British
7 France
6 Egypt
5 Netherlands
4 UN passport
4 Indian
3 Russian
2 Moroccan
2 Israeli
1 Belgian
1 Ugandan
1 Yemeni
1 Sudanese
1 Togo
1 Mozambican
1 Norwegian

We THANK God there was no Nigerian smiley
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2019
tajuh:

18 Canada
9 Ethiopian
8 Chinese
8 Italian
8 US
7 British
7 France
6 Egypt
5 Netherlands
4 UN passport
4 Indian
3 Russian
2 Moroccan
2 Israeli
1 Belgian
1 Ugandan
1 Yemeni
1 Sudanese
1 Togo
1 Mozambican
1 Norwegian

We THANK God there was no Nigerian
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Sprumbaba: 2:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
lordempire:
Oga o, to enter plane go come dey fear person

Entered one plane in December. You know when a chef tossed and flip pan cake in the frying pan? Na so the plane they jump up and down due to turbulence. I got a huge that day from a lady beside me.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Agugbadin: 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
Boeing should investigate why this new 737 Max is accident prone, this is the second brand new 737 Max that crashed within a space of six months

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Agugbadin: 2:28pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

My brother I used this useless airline once and vowed never to use them again.

The service is poor and talk less of their Addis Ababa Airport, what a chaotic airport it is.

What made me so mad about them is that they failed to refund me my money when I cancelled the trip. All the are looking for is money and title that they are the fastest airline in Africa. Some of their aircrafts are old. This was bound to happen.

Useless airline.

The plane is brand new, delivered to the airline in November 2018
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Predstan: 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2019
All passengers on board an Ethiopian Airlines jet that crashed shortly after take-off on Sunday have died, the airline says.
https:///cYtgvT
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Predstan: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

Connect in Addis Ababa and you will realise it's empty accolades. Never seen such a chaotic place. I hope they have improved it in 2019.

I went through Ethiopia few days ago and I can tell you they have a very good customer service.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by Predstan: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2019
chineloSA:

We THANK God there was no Nigerian

So the people that Died are not human....

Ignoramus Racist

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board by chineloSA(f): 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2019
Agugbadin:

The plane is brand new, delivered to the airline in November 2018

Being new mean nothing, It still needs maintenance afte each and every trip which I doubted they pay so much focus on.

Ethiopian Airlines is only after accolades and money. They want the African tittle. It didn't make sense to me that they you could focus on numbers yet their airport is a disgrace in 2018. I have never seen such a chaotic airport let alone poor service. What about behind scence servicing of aircraft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Road Senator Stella Oduah Is Constructing In Anambra (PHOTOS) / Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / Bride's Mother Dies While On Her Way To Daughter's Wedding Reception In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.