Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Day I Nearly Died Making 800 Jam Donuts (business Lessons) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Day I Nearly Died Making 800 Jam Donuts (business Lessons) (1323 Views)

I Bought This Cheap Food For #800 Only Here In Lagos / Quick Easy Recipe On How To Make Sweet Donuts / Nigerian Lady Recounts How She Nearly Died From Too Much Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day I Nearly Died Making 800 Jam Donuts (business Lessons) by biyiwyle(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2019
MY FIRST BIG CONTRACT

It was a beautiful weekly service and after service, the student Church fellowship Leaders gathered together for a meeting.

They were organizing a church programme for the students in school.

So I was contracted for 800 Jam donuts by winner’s chapel campus fellowship.

I was so excited because it was my first ever big job… The highest I had done before then was 80.

First mistake was I under-billed them… I casually used my head and gave them a very cheap price.

Lesson 1

For whatever business you start, Create a planned revised price list which is reviewed monthly. This is because of factors like changes in market price,

TRENDING POSTS ON MY BLOG/NAIRALAND PAGE

Day I Nearly Died Making 800 Jam Donuts (Business lessons)
20 hours ago

What Food Causes Heartburn And How To Cure It
7 days ago

Laughter and Joy as Nigerian Vlogger and Blogger Sisi Yemmie Welcomes Her 2nd Child
2 weeks ago

7 posionous foods you might likely eat out of ignorance
2 weeks ago

Caterbakes Food News: New blog inclusive: Dominos Nigeria Unveils Mini (Smallie) Pizzas
2 weeks ago

How To Start A Low Cost Pure Water (sachet) Business (Step by step Approach from start to finish)
2 weeks ago

Government instability, Rise or Fall of Currencies (fx) etc

They actually wanted to give me sometime to come up with a price but I was too excited to think.

It was needed on Sunday evening by 4:00pm.

So I started Saturday morning. My second mistake: I gathered together 5 people that had no experience with baking thinking they were going to do a good job.Only one lady was a good Baker.

Lesson 2:

If you are given a job that is too big for you in terms of infrastructure and experience, Don’t try to do it all on your own. Try OUTSOURCING to a trusted company and DO ONLY WHAT YOU CAN
!

If you are going to INVITE people to help, invite people that are experienced in the art. They will surely get the job done.

I forgot to eat because of the excitement of the work and gathered them together

They actually wanted to give me sometime to come up with a price but I was too excited to think.

It was needed on Sunday evening by 4:00pm.

We started 12:00pm. From 12pm till 9:30pm… We were only able to do 185 jam donuts. That’s where I knew trouble has started…

https://caterbakes.com/2019/03/day-i-nearly-died-making-800-jam-donuts-business-lessons.html

Re: Day I Nearly Died Making 800 Jam Donuts (business Lessons) by breadplanets(f): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
Wahahahahahahaha..... u for just die for nothing

1 Like

Re: Day I Nearly Died Making 800 Jam Donuts (business Lessons) by mottykings(f): 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2019
Lol,I don't take large order for doughnut. It can kill. Very stressful making snacks. The time wasted to do the 100+ doughnut, you can use it to make a thousand meatpie etc

1 Like

Re: Day I Nearly Died Making 800 Jam Donuts (business Lessons) by Cantonese: 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
mottykings:
Lol,I don't take large order for doughnut. It can kill. Very stressful making snacks. The time wasted to do the 100+ doughnut, you can use it to make a thousand meatpie etc

You need additional hands. Problem is inexperienced people want to try it alone. That's very dangerous. You need 2 - 4 people working with you to meet your target and deliver in good time.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Help You Arrange Food Stuff From Dawanu International Grain Market Kano / Do You Put Ice In Your Soft Drinks? / Roast Leg Of Lamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.