Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

ELECTION: 12 INEC, Ad Hoc Staff, Security Personnel Missing In Delta Boat Mishap - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ELECTION: 12 INEC, Ad Hoc Staff, Security Personnel Missing In Delta Boat Mishap (342 Views)

Collection Of PVCs Commences December 12 – INEC / Anambra 2021 Election: 12 Aspirants Gunning For PDP Ticket / BREAKING:OSUN ELECTION: 12 Parties Step Down For Adeleke's PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ELECTION: 12 INEC, Ad Hoc Staff, Security Personnel Missing In Delta Boat Mishap by JeffSiberstein: 12:54pm On Mar 10, 2019
ASABA-AT least 12 Staff, Ad hoc workers and security personnel sent to Warri North Local Government Area of the State to conduct the Saturday Governorship and Houses of Assembly elections in the Area are reportedly missing after a boat conveying them to Koko, Sunday morning capsized.

The INEC Resident Electoral Commission, REC in Delta State, Dr. Cyril Omorogbe who confirmed the boat mishap, however said both staff and ad-hoc workers of the Commission were not involved in the mishap.

Omorogbe said: “I understand that my staff members are not involved, they were all safe and the ad-hoc staff were safe. The actual details have got to me right now. And I don’t think the mishap affected the materials because it happened later in the day, from what I know”.

The Vanguard gathered that the boat was also conveying election materials and about 20 persons, adding that the boat capsized around Ebrohimi community creek in Warri North Local Government Area of the state.

A security source who pleaded anonymity, said the incident happened when the victims were returning to Koko, the headquarters of Warri North at the end of the exercise on Saturday.

The source who declined comment on the number of casualty, said 12 persons were missing as at press time, adding that rescue team has been despatched to the Area with a view rescuing the victims.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/03/election-12-inec-ad-hoc-staff-security-personnel-missing-in-delta-boat-mishap/amp/

Re: ELECTION: 12 INEC, Ad Hoc Staff, Security Personnel Missing In Delta Boat Mishap by Nwodosis(m): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2019
Op, did you read the story before giving it that headline or you are hunting for traffic?
Re: ELECTION: 12 INEC, Ad Hoc Staff, Security Personnel Missing In Delta Boat Mishap by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2019
No life jackets?
Re: ELECTION: 12 INEC, Ad Hoc Staff, Security Personnel Missing In Delta Boat Mishap by yarimo(m): 1:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
undecided undecided undecided embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Guber Poll: Okorocha Insists His Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu Won Imo Gov Election / Ex-us Ambassador: Nigeria’s Presidential Election Has Been Bad News / Okorocha’s Case Exposes Inec’s Inconsistency, Says Ex-rec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.