Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh (12127 Views)

The Amazing Benefits Of Coconut Oil In Removing That Stretch Mark On Your Skin! / Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by yme1(f): 2:36pm On May 09, 2009
tribal mark shocked shocked shocked shocked

gwad forbid bad thing grin cheesy
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by Oxone(m): 6:22pm On May 09, 2009
would definitely have her head & definitely not on a platter angry angry angry

how can you do that to my child!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i'll opt for surgery cos i wouldnt want my child to grow up being stigmaatized or branded

as for the mother, she wouldnt get within a mile of my offspring or me again

gosh we r in the 21st century for christ sakes
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by krisunion: 8:59am On May 15, 2009
I think tribal marks are for identification. I have a colleague who has this horrible marks on his face. Got to know from him that whenever they (family members/ relations) see themselves , its easy to recognise one another.

Though, personally, I can't and won't fall for it. It seems it's common among the Oyo state people.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by WarfyBoy(m): 9:33pm On May 15, 2009
na wa oh

at this modern day, when every pikin wan Branama
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2010
wot shocked shocked shocked shocked child abuse.d poor child has been disfigured 4 lyf,unfortunatly no amount of facial surgery can repair d damage.it's painful n emotionally traumatising especially 2 d mother dat her child has A NEW LOOK.no wonder dey say illiteracy is a disease cos wot d f*&^^^k is dat tribal bul sh*#t meant 4.dose who r in support of dat crap say in case d child is kidnaped dey can easily identify him,un4tunatly dat crude ideology of tribal marks of any kind dont work dis days.d best tin d mother can do is just accept her fate n dont eva take any of her kids 2 spend d holidays with dia granny except its just a visit were d mother will take them.but really its an infringement moreso because d old woman dint take permission from her son or her dota inlaw.however i suggest d woman shouldnt go visitin or allowin her kids 2 spend holidays with their granny,but d man is free 2 go n if at al d kids must go,dey must go with their father,i tell u d old woman will understand d message sharp sharp because sometimes non verbal communication is more effective n faster in delivering d message than talkin.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by Kgdavid(m): 11:27pm On Feb 06, 2010
can't believe that there people who actually came on here and found this funny my God this is the type of thing that can make me kill someone. try this on my child and something real bad will happen.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by GL(f): 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
kulyie:

wot shocked shocked shocked shocked child abuse.d poor child has been disfigured 4 lyf,unfortunatly no amount of facial surgery can repair d damage.it's painful n emotionally traumatising especially 2 d mother dat her child has A NEW LOOK.no wonder dey say illiteracy is a disease cos wot d f*&^^^k is dat tribal bul sh*#t meant 4.dose who r in support of dat crap say in case d child is kidnaped dey can easily identify him,un4tunatly dat crude ideology of tribal marks of any kind dont work dis days.d best tin d mother can do is just accept her fate n dont eva take any of her kids 2 spend d holidays with dia granny except its just a visit were d mother will take them.but really its an infringement moreso because d old woman dint take permission from her son or her dota inlaw.however i suggest d woman shouldnt go visitin or allowin her kids 2 spend holidays with their granny,[b]but d man is free 2 go n if at al d kids must go,dey must go with their father,[/b]i tell u d old woman will understand d message sharp sharp because sometimes non verbal communication is more effective n faster in delivering d message than talkin.

what are the kids going to spend holidays with her for? i think she shouldn't ever be allowed to be in the same house as the kids again.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by agathamari(f): 11:57am On Feb 10, 2010
the marks can be minimised with surgery but not completly removed. when closing open skin there will always be a scar. as for the mother in law she was completly out of line. i would report her to the authorities. as for the husband, he should defend the safty and well being of his child above all others, be it his mother, wife, or anyone else.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by ticoco: 7:40pm On May 17, 2010
First of all this is def' funny, and that is because it didn't happen to anyone I know, otherwise we all wont be laughing. My advice to the mother is to seek medical help. This might be the best time for the child to undergo surgery, the baby's skin might be very receptive of skin grafts, which in this case should be the mother-in law's fleshy body part. preferably her thigh or buttocks. Everyone can live with their own scar, child, culprit mother in law and the parents, although parent's scar would be looking at their child everyday.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by Bluemoon1(f): 3:10am On May 25, 2010
embarassed i feel bad. poor boy.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by johndavid1(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2010
Blue moon:

embarassed i feel bad. poor boy.
me too embarassed
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by vivaladiva(f): 11:05am On May 25, 2010
where r the senior advocates of culture
every time u say anything contrary to nigerian tradition, some ignorant malu, will say leave it its our culture
arrant nonsense

there has to be a lot more to say as a reason for doing certain things other than its our culture

i support the tribal marks ojare, the same way u yoruba folks try to make me kneel down in the name of greeting and respect
wen i object they say its our culture ur too westernized-- but i dont see the idiots riding on donkies and if i buy them a blender they will happily stop using grinding stone----fcking bastards

oh y r u cutting of the gals clit----its our culture
y cant u move into ur wives house----its against our culture
y shave ur head cos ur husband is dead----its our culture

blah blah fcking blah
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by vivaladiva(f): 11:10am On May 25, 2010
some one asked, wat will u do if ur wife or husband slapped ur mother
some one asked, wat can a frail old woman do, that wld warrant a slap
now this kind of shit is wat will make me want to woop my mother inlaws arse, pref till she bleeds to death
i just had a beautiful baby gal, any body wey put tribal mark for her face, go def recieve tribal mark all over him body
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by johndavid1(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2010
vivaladiva:

where r the senior advocates of culture
every time u say anything contrary to nigerian tradition, some ignorant malu, will say leave it its our culture
arrant nonsense

there has to be a lot more to say as a reason for doing certain things other than its our culture

i support the tribal marks ojare, the same way u yoruba folks try to make me kneel down in the name of greeting and respect
wen i object they say its our culture your too westernized-- but i dont see the idiots riding on donkies and if i buy them a blender they will happily stop using grinding stone----fcking bastards

oh y r u cutting of the gals clit----its our culture
y cant u move into your wives house----its against our culture
y shave your head cos your husband is dead----its our culture

blah blah fcking blah

absolutely right. great words from a you! cool cool cool
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by Adechyno(m): 4:16pm On May 30, 2010
Abeg make una see issue. Anyway, me, myself na God & my p-man save me 4rm dis tribal mark stuff. My dad told me wen dey gav birth 2 me, dey had to take me to d village 2 see thier parent.
So, d next day, he(my dad) took my mum out. Leavin me wit Grand ma at home. Gettin dere, he rememberd he 4got sometin at home, He had to rush back home alone. Gettin back 2 d house, wen he opened d door, he saw a man wit dis small knife & other materials. He asked, watz happenin? Grand ma said, she wants dem 2 giv me her own father tribal mark, dat i look lyk d man so much, so wit d mark on me, it wil complete d resemblance. 3 on left, 3 on right, makin 6. Datz waz hw my dad said he got annoyed & left village dat same day wit my mum, Na so i cari escape em O! But, I swear, if to say d grand ma dey succesful. I fit don kill her now dat i'm grown. O fe ba fine boi je. Amo olorun o je.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by Adechyno(m): 4:16pm On May 30, 2010
Abeg make una see issue. Anyway, me, myself na God & my p-man save me 4rm dis tribal mark stuff. My dad told me wen dey gav birth 2 me, dey had to take me to d village 2 see thier parent.
So, d next day, he(my dad) took my mum out. Leavin me wit Grand ma at home. Gettin dere, he rememberd he 4got sometin at home, He had to rush back home alone. Gettin back 2 d house, wen he opened d door, he saw a man wit dis small knife & other materials. He asked, watz happenin? Grand ma said, she wants dem 2 giv me her own father tribal mark, dat i look lyk d man so much, so wit d mark on me, it wil complete d resemblance. 3 on left, 3 on right, makin 6. Datz waz hw my dad said he got annoyed & left village dat same day wit my mum, Na so i cari escape em O! But, I swear, if to say d grand ma dey succesful. I fit don kill her now dat i'm grown. O fe ba fine boi je. Amo olorun o je.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by daylae(m): 5:28pm On May 30, 2010
Sad! Could it be that the husband knew what his mum was about to do,and still allowed such fate on his own kid? An educated man! I think if that should be the case,the man need a good spanking,cus he knew better,and should have protected the innocent child from his own mother's ignorance.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by Nobody: 8:27am On May 31, 2010
vivaladiva:

some one asked, wat will u do if your wife or husband slapped your mother
some one asked, wat can a frail old woman do, that wld warrant a slap
now this kind of poo is wat will make me want to woop my mother inlaws arse, pref till she bleeds to death
i just had a beautiful baby gal, any body wey put tribal mark for her face, go def recieve tribal mark all over him body
I wonder how you could sound so vicious and so adoringly caring at the same time
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by blakbarbie: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2010
Divine intervention saved me also, in my case my mother's conscience wldnt let her go thru with it(just a cpl months old), she told me they inserted the blade, I started screaming, then she started crying and told them to stop, (all my grandma's idea, bad grandma) thank god for mi madre! within the year I was in the states. She saved me a lifetime of bullying and insecurities. Imagine intentionally disfiguring an otherwise perfect gift from the heavens.
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by manutayo(m): 12:54pm On Sep 10, 2012
Hum c'est pas vrai
Re: Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh by WhiteOne(f): 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2012
Wondering – heard tribal marks are used as a form of medicine – heard the Yoruba are only doing is to their children if they are extremely ill, as a kind if putting traditional medicine under the skin, (injection) for the child’s protection, how long are the marks? Where are they? Why did not mother left her child?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves / I Caught My Wife With My Landlord In Bed!! Pictures / What Age Is The Right Age To Have A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.