Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC (29437 Views)

Fubara Plotting Interim Order To Declare Rivers Assembly Illegal – APC / Peter Obi Slams INEC For Backing Tinubu At Presidential Tribunal / Declare Buni-Led Caretaker Panel Illegal, APC Chief Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Abiboss: 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has been berated for suspending all processes relating to Saturday’s Governorship and State Assembly elections in the state.

All Progressives Congress (APC) Campaign Council in Rivers state, while reacting to the suspension also described the decision as illegal and not having any legal backing.

A statement signed by the Director, Strategic Communications of the APC Campaign Council in Rivers state, Prince Tonye T.J.T Princewill also said INEC’s decision would not save the state Governor, Nyesom Wike from losing the elections, even as he challenged the electoral umpire to declare results of areas where elections already took place.

“INEC’s decision is illegal because it is not supported by law. Section 296 of the Electoral Act cited in the INEC Press Release is not even applicable because that section deals with a situation where a date has been appointed for the holding of an election, and there is reason to believe that a serious breach of the peace is likely to occur if the election is proceeded with on that date or it is impossible to conduct the election as a result of natural disasters or other emergencies, then the commission may postpone the election.

“You can see that this provision does not apply to a situation where an election has already been conducted or held, which is the present position in Rivers State.

“Since the elections in Rivers State have been held Saturday, INEC is bound by virtue of section 27 of the Electoral Act to announce the results. Having admitted in paragraph one of the Press Release that it has conducted elections on the 9th of March in Rivers State, INEC must by virtue of section 27 of the Electoral Act, announce the results.

“INEC’s decision to postpone the already held elections is ultra vires, illegal and unconstitutional. Such an unlawful decision can now be challenged in court by virtue of section 26 subsection 5 of the Electoral Act. The challenge can be launched by any of the many contestants at a court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction and on such a legal challenge, the decision of INEC shall also be suspended until the matter is determined.

“Our concerns about INEC and our lack of faith in the REC are continually validated. This was same way they suspended a by election we held a few months ago when it was clear we were winning. Now, the AAC candidate and several House of Assembly candidates supported by APC are cruising to victory and they do it again. Can they not just step out of the way and let the will of Rivers’ people prevail?

“Rivers state was largely peaceful. Why not deal with areas where you say you have violence and leave the other results to go through? It’s common sense. Why suspend a whole state? Wike will go. It is only a matter of time. We always knew this. Now the world knows it too. Not even INEC can save him”. The statement said.

https://leadership.ng/2019/03/10/rivers-election-suspension-illegal-apc-slams-inec/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

10 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by yerokunphilips: 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2019
This election is very interesting ,God himself have show to us that HE IS THE ALMIGHTY and HE HIS ONLY CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY THAT IS UNQUESTIONABLE , He disappointed the powerful , He make the wishes of the ordinary people come true . We should learn from them that whatever we are today is by God's grace ,and He always have a better option than you if you feel you are too big HE will show you you are nothing without HIM .

21 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by uboma(m): 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2019
Initial gra gra by APC.

Las Las, Rivers state election will be rigged to their favour.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by alizma: 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2019
I think INEC did the right thing here. there was confrontation between the police and the military men right at the INEC office. this is aside hoodlums that were hanging around the area, awaiting any slight opportunity to strike. the suspension is best in the interest of all

10 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by dante0147: 10:04pm On Mar 10, 2019
They wan RIG! Lol una no fit

10 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by mohince(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
Lol.... Na them sabi.

It appears that Kano electorate have gone from illiterate sheep, to politically savvy in the mind of many in the space of two weeks.

12 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Thisis2raw(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
If you weren't in Rivers state on Saturday you won't understand the level the Army has reduced themselves to.
Soldiers where going from one polling unit to another tearing result sheet. This happened before my own eyes.
Well let the will of God to done

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by openmine(m): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
shocked shocked
why is APC protesting against INEC instead of AAC?
grin grin

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Binidefender: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
grin
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by franchasng: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
This is Buhari's Nigeria for you!

Buhari I say shame on you!!

Buhari if you were my father, no matter the so much billions you have looted for me, I will berate you and disown you as my father because I cannot stand the shame you have brought on our name in the name of politics!

People can you see now Whenever God refuses to answer a mans prayer or request, God knows why.

God knew why He refused Buhari becoming Nigeria's President several times, but crooks and political vultures gathered together and made him President, God allowed it so we can learn a lesson, now see what he has turned Nigeria into under 3 and half years, gosh!!!

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by hisexcellency34: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
Honestly, I am PDP supporter but I want Wike to lose

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by chozzy: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
Na wa oo .... wonders shall never end.
Even APC that's not on the ballot is complaining

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by dreamwords: 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2019
cheesy
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by manitoba(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
The suspension is a sad tale on Democracy.
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by jeeqaa7(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
Snakes

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Evercurious(f): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
Lol.... They want to rig the election

5 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Groovenaija360(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
cheesy

shocked

shocked

shocked

HAPPENING NOW IN RIVERS STATE

WATCH LIVE SHOOTING VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUDS_mvoR_I
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by seunlayi(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
Apc with dual face

7 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Bighead9: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
APC is giving Wike a run for his money. Inec should allow the election go on. Amaechi will make an unknown Party defeat the lousy Wike.

Sai Amaechi, the Lion of Rivers.

I can't keep calm, I'm Celebrating Wike's defeat. Who cares to join me? I dey PH. grin

30 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by jnrbayano(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
Rivers?

Very hot. Suspension justified
Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by emmykey0128(m): 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2019
Amechi is a bastard

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Charly68: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
It is AAC versus PDP I think ..but APC is the rallying fox here now..dealing with Wike and his boy boy that he used to scuttle their party's mandate...

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Evercurious(f): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
openmine:
shocked shocked
why is APC protesting against INEC instead of AAC?
grin grin

Just help me ask

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by elitejosef: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
APC I HAIL O
Still waiting for Rivers results

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by KardinalZik(m): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
INEC is INEPT!!!

6 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
I think INEC took the decision in the best interest of the good people of Rivers State because the electoral process cannot continue in such an hostile environment.

Whether APC, PDP, AAC or what have you, we need to respect our differences and appreciate our similarities irrespective of the outcome of any electoral exercise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Smart3856bwnju: 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
Vvv

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Lopeztranto(f): 10:19pm On Mar 10, 2019
Ameachi try rest na...not our fault ur plans failed

8 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by landmark86: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
Why River State like violent during election?
Are they the only state in Nigeria?
With all their gra gra overthere their vote no reach that of Kano, Kastina and Lagos.

I don't think I will marry my babe again if na dis dey take behave for their state.

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by lastempero: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
APC should stop confusing Nigerians abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Masterclass32: 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
See APC. Acting like they have no hand in the postponement. They wan take rigging to the next level. PDP better shine their eyes.

14 Likes

Re: Rivers: Election Suspension, Illegal – APC Slams INEC by Mutemenot(m): 10:20pm On Mar 10, 2019
yerokunphilips:
This election is very interesting ,God himself have show to us that HE IS THE ALMIGHTY and HE HIS ONLY CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY THAT IS UNQUESTIONABLE , He disappointed the powerful , He make the wishes of the ordinary people come true . We should learn from them that whatever we are today is by God's grace ,and He always have a better option than you if you feel you are too big HE will show you you are nothing without HIM . Congratulations to my good people of Oyo State .

Stop mentioning God in Nigerian politics. There's no iota of his presence

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC / COVID-19 Will Make The Poor, Poorer – Buhari / Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.