Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,830 members, 7,806,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear (19826 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
AZeD1:

1) Equal pay is about paying people the same wages for doing the same job. If you don't understand something, its better to be silent than say rubbish.
2) Men are not better than women in engineering or programming and women are not better than men in customer service.
3) There's no consequence to a man when a woman dresses however she seems fit. If you have a problem with how a woman dresses, see your doctor.

1.What is this one saying??I know that is where you will result to. Please tell us any company you know that do not pay women equally.Mind you over 60% of people in HR are women so who is cheating women in this regards?? I have worked in several places and I have never seen where women earn less than men doing same things. Where do you work and do women earn less?? Sometimes we might be doing same things and I am more experience than you are, shouldn't that be considered in the pay too? Ofcourse it is possible some companies do it but all in all it is exaggerated to cause division by the globalists for reason best known to them. Give your answers with facts not emotion or hearsay please.
2. Keep deceiving yourself. Name the top best programmers or engineers in the world who have changed the world through engineering or programming. The fact that at an angry customer react differently to a female customer service officer already give her advantage over you and most likely going to be a better than you as a man.
3. I dont know what to tell you here you can keep deceiving yourself.

You can vomit another rubbish again i wont reply you if you do not support you opinion with facts. I am a very realistic person driven by facts and data not emotion. You will even say men are not better in the military than women. I have seen a woman military officer acknowledging men are better in this field but for you she is saying rubbish. Dude put your emotion one side and analyse the issue with facts and statistics.

People that separated men and women in sports they are confused according to you. Keep deceiving yourself!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by InvertedHammer: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

And when the burglars get caught

Don't you think they will also be jailed and dealt with?

Look!

her message is straightforward

But because a lot of people already have that bias in their minds

against her

many of you are not looking at it objectively

Nowhere did she say women should dress immodestly.
Does she dress immodestly?

How does wearing what you want to wear equals to dressing immodestly now?

/
Deduction by implication.

Take it or leave it.

/
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
lexy2014:

What do u mean by worldview? What do u mean by liberal & conservative & what has it got 2do with d discussion? Since ones ancestry has nothing 2do with ones "worldview", pls how did chimamanda make a name 4 herself? Was it thru her "worldview" or thru her literature that was steeped in her ancestry?

Her writings are based on her creativity

It has nothing to do with Africanness or whatever that is undecided

She is obviously leftist, and that's her world view

Left wing ideologies are not common in NIGERIA as of yet
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

1.What is this one saying??I know that is where you will result to. Please tell us any company you know that do not pay women equally.Mind you over 60% of people in HR are women so who is cheating women in this regards?? I have worked in several places and I have never seen where women earn less than men doing same things. Where do you work and do women earn less?? Sometimes we might be doing same things and I am more experience than you are, shouldn't that be considered in the pay too? Ofcourse it is possible some companies do it but all in all it is exaggerated to cause division by the globalists for reason best known to them. Give your answers with facts not emotion or hearsay please.
2. Keep deceiving yourself. Name the top best programmers or engineers in the world who have changed the world through engineering or programming. The fact that at an angry customer react differently to a customer service officer already give her advantage over you.
3. I dont know what to tell you here you can keep deceiving yourself.

You can vomit another rubbish again i wont reply you if you do not support you opinion with facts. I am a very realistic person driven by facts and data not emotion. You will even say men are not better in the military than women. I have seen a woman military officer acknowledging men are better in this field but for you she is saying rubbish. Dude put your emotion one side and analyse the issue with facts and statistics.

People that separated men and women in sports they are confused according to you. Keep deceiving yourself!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

All these punk ass conservatives sef undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Slimpotter(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
francescainnoce:
I don’t quite agree with this woman. Many things she says, I don’t follow at all.
There’s a very tin but crystal clear lines between morality, and, freedom.
I understand with the women’s right to things as human; if that’s what she’s advocating for, fine.
But she shouldn’t just open her mouth and say things just to remain relevant.
No need to pull crowd, with irrelevant stance and border line view.
We have cultural morals and we have social norms, as African, we have standard of living and they have served us all our lives. Don’t tell my girl to wear what she wants just to prove she can exercise her freedom. Who is fighting her for her freedom??
Why do I feel that Chimamanda is raising fighters against no enemy or is she raising them against unforeseen circumstances?
Teach our young women to be hardworking, goal driven, determined, pacesetters, women of vision, women on a mission, strong women, resilient, dependable, consistent and constant women.
Teach our ladies and women to be FEMALES WHO STAYS. Stay in their homes, in their success path, in their academics, in their career pursuit, and so on.
I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected but the real victims of social injustice, abuse, and many more are in war-torn countries. There crazy things happens and girl-child are victimised every second.
All these feminist and their leader should head towards there and fight a good fight.
If I'm looking for a lady that actually uses her brain, I guess I've found one in you. But I've made my reservations clear to many ladies on this lady's brand of feminism and it's extreme nature but they say I hate her. Is she the only feminist?. If you know Nnedi Okoroafor she has more moral standing to be a feminist than this lady. Nnedi is a professor and a single parent with just her kid, but she has been very constructive and direct in her criticisms of patriarchy and chauvinism.
But this chimamanda every time she tries to make it as if she's fighting men, and it's very bad. I'm a communist and I recognize the importance of women in society, but if you turn women against men, you're fighting a gender war and not a good cause.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by princfred(m): 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
Reference:

The men too will argue for that freedom to behave the way they like. What makes the rape of the body and the rape of the mind different. Both have terrible consequences. A violent person and one that incites violence are just as guilty as one who comits rogue se.xual acts and one that incites sex through perversion. That is why everyone should be considerate for his fellow man. Both men and women should be on a leash. No one has the right to destroy the other.
Wow deep.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
Don’t mind this Chimamanda woman
She’s advising young ladies to wear whatever they want but you’d never see her dress indecently
She’s Always nicely and modestly covered up, no fake hair and very light makeup
She should lead by example and wear mini skirt and strapless crop top and heavily painted face smh
I bet if her daughter when she grows dares dress anyhow, she’d chase her back with a broom
This woman should stop confusing young women biko
donstan18:
Yes!!! I agree with her that women should wear whatever they want.

I also agree with her that a lady should wear g-string and bra and walk alone in the midst of touts and hoodlums by 1am night.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by princfred(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
Slimpotter:

If I'm looking for a lady that actually uses her brain, I guess I've found one in you. But I've made my reservations clear to many ladies on this lady's brand of feminism and it's extreme nature but they say I hate her. Is she the only feminist?. If you know Nnedi Okoroafor she has more moral standing to be a feminist than this lady. Nnedi is a professor and a single parent with just her kid, but she has been very constructive and direct in her criticisms of patriarchy and chauvinism.
But this chimamanda every time she tries to make it as if she's fighting men, and it's very bad. I'm a communist and I recognize the importance of women in society, but if you turn women against men, you're fighting a gender war and not a good cause.
Sense. Una village people will be proud of you someday grin cheesy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
TimiRume:
Chimaamanda Ngozi Adichie is not ugly. Nice try and stay losing!

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so there is no point to argue that with you. What are you losing here

This is a typical example of what i am saying many just want to feel among without challenging whatever they hear. Stop being emotional and politically correct.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by princfred(m): 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
OdikwaRisky:
Don’t mind this Chimamanda woman
She’s advising young ladies to wear whatever they want but you’d never see her dress indecently
Always nicely and modestly covered up, no fake hair and very light makeup
She should lead by example and wear mini skirt and strapless crop top and heavily painted face smh
I bet if her daughter when she grows dares dress anyhow, she’d chase her back with a broom
This woman should stop confusing young women biko
Maybe she is possesed. lol. Her man should fvck some sense into her by now or is his prick nonfunctional enough? So someone else should .
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
She’s not, I love her but sometimes her ideology is just too much. She should simmer down with this whole feminism thing. There’s a thin line between real feminism and just ludicrous bullshit.
princfred:
Maybe she is possesed.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by lexy2014: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

And her creativity wasn't influenced by her ancestry? D stories she told in her books, d plots, all are a product of her creativity devoid of her ancestry?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2019
lexy2014:

And her creativity wasn't influenced by her ancestry? D stories she told in her books, d plots, all are a product of her creativity devoid of her ancestry?

you are not getting my point undecided

Her literacy work is on one side

Her world view and beliefs is on another side.

Don't you get it?

She is a leftist......

And she is a good writer.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TimiRume(f): 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so there is no point to argue that with you. What are you losing here

This is a typical example of what i am saying many just want to feel among without challenges whatever to hear. Stop being emotional and politically correct.
She has everything that makes a woman attractive, yes she is attractive.

I am not being emotional or feeling among, you are because there are too many envious, jealous and bitter men here who would devour a woman before they hear her out. So, this place is home to comments like yours.

Don't let sentiments and bias against beautiful intellectual women override your sense of reasoning. You should give everyone a chance to state and explain themselves before anything.

This is a woman that dresses modestly, very cautious of what she puts on and lives decently, why would you think she is advocating for indecent dressing suddenly? Nothing except your dislike for her that would make you hastily jump into conclusions. Not that your disliking her does anything!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Youngqueen(f): 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
Agree. ...I want your hair embarassed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

All these punk ass conservatives sef undecided

What is this dude saying All these I am more european than Europeans themselves. These are the kind of people Putin is talking about the western world is there paradise and everything and only their useless lifeless body should be brought to Africa. Oga no matter how many years you spend in Europe you are still a black man. So all these I am Igbo ancestry nonsense and nomad will not help if things goes south which nobody prays for.

Their forefathers built their country and sacrifice a lot to make it look that way with all those things you are enjoying. What are you ready to do for the generation coming after you back in Africa so they can have a proud society as well instead of rubbishing the country. This is a typical mentality of an average Nigeria when they get abroad. Mind you i live in Europe as well so dont bring beef or whatever into the discussion.

Ugochkwu let's go back home and fix our country. Lol.

Just to be cleared with you I dont care what anybody wears if you like tell your wife or daughters to wear ordinary pants outside that is your take. In fact tell them to walk naked on the street Mr. liberal i hope you will tell them to do so I wish you well. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by princfred(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

More Nigerians are shallow leftist especially when they think they wont be affected.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by princfred(m): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
OdikwaRisky:
She’s not, I love her but sometimes her ideology is just too much. She should simmer down with this whole feminism thing. There’s a thin line between real feminism and just ludicrous bullshit.
There is also a thin line between all real feminism just ludicrous bullshit and.... you know... being possessed !.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by princfred(m): 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

Both her ancestry and creativity are involved in her writing .

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by lexy2014: 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

you are not getting my point undecided

Her literacy work is on one side

Her world view and beliefs is on another side.

Don't you get it?

She is a leftist......

And she is a good writer.

Now that u can't seperate her literary work from her ancestry, u are now saying that it is on one side. I thought u said her literary work was purely creative& had nothing 2do with her ancestry?

Ugosample:

Am getting ur point which is that u are struggling 2 defend her cos u are trying to separate her from her ancestry which isn't possible. That is y I said earlier that it is her africanness that gave her a name by reason of her literature& she has deviated from that path. So far, u haven't been able 2 dispute that.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/africanness
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 2:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

What is this dude saying All these I am more european than Europeans themselves. These are the kind of people Putin is talking about the western world is there paradise and everything and only their useless lifeless body should be brought to Africa. Oga no matter how many years you spend in Europe you are still a black man. So all these I am Igbo ancestry nonsense and nomad will not help if things goes south which nobody prays for.

Their forefathers built their country and sacrifice a lot to make it look that way with all those things you are enjoying. What are you ready to do for the generation coming after you back in Africa so they can have a proud society as well instead of rubbishing the country. This is a typical mentality of an average Nigeria when they get abroad. Mind you i live in Europe as well so dont bring beef or whatever into the discussion.

Ugochkwu let's go back home and fix our country. Lol.

Just to be cleared with you I dont care what anybody wears7 if you like tell your wife or daughters to wear ordinary pants outside that is your take. In fact tell them to walk naked on the street Mr. liberal i hope you will tell them to do so I wish you well. grin grin grin grin grin grin

punk ass conservative cheesy cheesy

I'm a black man, yes

I am of igbo ancestry, yes indeed

What next?

"I am more European that Europeans themselves"

Wtf does that even mean?

There are two predominant ideologies, and you are either sympathetic to one, or the other, tho to different degrees

There are people of African origin who are left leaning (like me and my family) and there are Caucasians who are rightleaning (red necks, trump supporters dem, etc)

So left leaning does not equate European and vice versa for Africans

You determine which way you lean

And choosing what to wear has nothing to do with dressing with bra and pant or whatever undecided

She has a point; but you guys don't get it.

does SHE drress immodest?

As for fixing NIGERIA, it is a lost cause, don't care mucg about what happens to that $hithole anymore. My descendants are not having anything to do wity it anyways, so why should I care undecided

Sincethe vast majority of Nigerians and Africans to a lesser extent have decided to remain in the dark, remain barbaric and hate development, how can we help such unfortunate country?

Good luck in returning to Nigeria to fix it you hear?

we will be watching from the side tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
TimiRume:
She has everything that makes a woman attractive, yes she is attractive.

I am not being emotional or feeling among, you are because there are too many envious, jealous and bitter men here who would devour a woman before they hear her out. So, this place is home to comments like yours.

Don't let sentiments and bias against beautiful intellectual women override your sense of reasoning. You should give everyone a chance to state and explain themselves before anything.

This is a woman that dresses modestly, very cautious of what she puts on and lives decently, why would you think she is advocating for indecent dressing suddenly? Nothing except your dislike for her that would make you hastily jump into conclusions. Not that your disliking her does anything!

Dude what is all these?? Did you read my comments at all or you just want to wail? I respect everybody's opinion irrespective but the problem i have with many confused people claiming to be liberals is they always assume their opinion to be the best. Now she expressed herself which I didn't fault her for it but rather express mine as well. So what is wrong expressing myself on how i feel things should be done

I dont care if she dresses decent or naked it is not my problem. Just so you know i dont care if anybody dresses naked or not but in my opinion it is not a good way to dress. But if they choose to do so I got no problem with that. Everything i said is just my opinion and I hope you respect it as I respect yours as well. Please tell any woman you know to dress naked I can guarantee you i have no problem with it.Lol.

The problem with most of you is that you want to be viewed as being civilized and whoever does not buy your opinion is living in dark age. Smh!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Now that u can't seperate her literary work from her ancestry, u are now saying that it is on one side. I thought u said her literary work was purely creative& had nothing 2do with her ancestry?

Am getting ur point which is that u are struggling 2 defend her cos u are trying to separate her from her ancestry which isn't possible. That is y I said earlier that it is her africanness that gave her a name by reason of her literature& she has deviated from that path. So far, u haven't been able 2 dispute that.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/africanness

undecided undecided

this matter weak me.

I no talk again

(carries my kaya and strolls away)
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by lexy2014: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

undecided undecided

this matter weak me.

I no talk again

(carries my kaya and strolls away)

Safe trip
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Safe trip
To sambisa forest abi tongue
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by lexy2014: 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

To sambisa forest abi tongue

If ur fuel go carry u reach there.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2019
lexy2014:

If ur fuel go carry u reach there.
aii
I'm on my way
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

punk ass conservative cheesy cheesy

I'm a black man, yes

I am of igbo ancestry, yes indeed

What next?

"I am more European that Europeans themselves"

Wtf does that even mean?

There are two predominant ideologies, and you are either sympathetic to one, or the other, tho to different degrees

There are people of African origin who are left leaning (like me and my family) and there are Caucasians who are rightleaning (red necks, trump supporters dem, etc)

So left leaning does not equate European and vice versa for Africans

You determine which way you lean

And choosing what to wear has nothing to do with dressing with bra and pant or whatever undecided

She has a point; but you guys don't get it.

does SHE drress immodest?

As for fixing NIGERIA, it is a lost cause, don't care mucg about what happens to that $hithole anymore. My descendants are not having anything to do wity it anyways, so why should I care undecided

Sincethe vast majority of Nigerians and Africans to a lesser extent have decided to remain in the dark, remain barbaric and hate development, how can we help such unfortunate country?

Good luck in returning to Nigeria to fix it you hear?

we will be watching from the side tongue

Keep consoling yourself.......

This is one of your message i got from your posts - "Good day house

Is it possible for one who possesses a B.sc and M.Sc finance to run a PhD in Economics in our tertiary institutions?
"

You know inside yourself that at the end of the day you belong to Africa. I pray another Hitler will not stand up in Europe with the way Wakanda people are invading Europe.Lol. Then you will know if you are a nomad or African.Go ask the jews after staying thousands of years in Europe what hitler did to them. Nobody wants it and I pray it does not happen. SMH. You will run from wherever you are in Europe to Africa.

Let us build Africa so the coming generation can be proud as well but you said no because of the infrastructure you are enjoying in Europe. SMH. Mr westerner!!!!

Okay ooooo I wish you well!!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

Is it possible for one who possesses a B.sc and M.Sc finance to run a PhD in Economics in our tertiary institutions?
"

You know inside yourself that at the end of the day you belong to Africa. I pray another Hitler will not stand up in Europe with the way Wakanda people are invading Europe.Lol. Then you will know if you are a nomad or African.Go ask the jews after staying thousands of years in Europe what hitler did to them. Nobody wants it and I pray it does not happen. SMH. You will run from wherever you are in Europe to Africa.

Let us build Africa so the coming generation can be proud as well but you said no because of the infrastructure you are enjoying in Europe. SMH. Mr westerner!!!!

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by Ugosample(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
TrueNigerian300:

"

more news live outside Israel than in Israel I hope you know?

And Germany has one of the highest Jewish diaspora populations....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by jibrilELsudan: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
I used to fvck her in every hole and cum in her mouth back in da day at Connecticut state university.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: Wear What You Want To Wear by TrueNigerian300: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ugosample:

more news live outside Israel than in Israel I hope you know?

And Germany has one of the highest Jewish diaspora populations....

There is no logical connection between the post and your response!!!!! This is why I said most liberals today dont think logically but emotionally.Liberalism is a good thing and we wont be we are today without it. But the so called liberals today are mostly confused people. Apology if you are offended it is just my opinion. You can see people supporting bill in US to kill an infant and these same people preach freedom. Where is the freedom if an infant can be killed on the order of the mother. Doesn't the infant have the right to live as well?

Don't tell me about what I know I am currently at one of the largest concentration camp during the war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MINE / Seun Osewa Flash Fiction ( Instructions And Discussion Thread / Chimamanda Adichie: How Jesus Christ Treated Women, A Symbol For Gender Equality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.