Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje (51387 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by dachilino: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2019
Jimi Agbaje has revealed he lost the Lagos Governorship election to the All Progressives Congress, APC candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. In an interview with PUNCH shortly after the result of the governorship election was announced, Jimi Agbaje who lamented the low voter turnout in Lagos State, said it was less than 20 per cent of the total number of persons that collected Permanent Voter Cards. 

He further said that  threats, coupled with the manner in which the presidential election was conducted, led to the voter apathy witnessed in the nation’s commercial nerve centre.

Jimi Agbaje also disclosed that he lost the Lagos Governorship election as many of his supporters were intimidated, and even threatened with eviction and sack if the PDP won in their areas. He added that rather than risk their lives and their livelihood, the people decided to sit at home which gave his opponent the upper hand.

“From the outset it was clear that the numbers were on our side and naturally, that was our comparable strength but the moment you had the numbers slashed, then we were at a disadvantage. The strategy of the other side was to make sure that those numbers did not come out to vote and to that extent it has worked in their favour.”“It is not good for our democracy when only about 20 per cent come out to vote. There was voter apathy because of the event that happened during the presidential election.”

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/11/why-i-lost-the-governorship-election-jimi-agbaje/

23 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by ClintonEmex: 7:37am On Mar 11, 2019
Tinubu is the main reason.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by tsinzu: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2019
What's the need of coming out to vote when your vote will not count at the end of the day? These elections were some of the worst ever. We haven't seen anything like this since the Maurice Iwu era. Very terrible!!
By some kind of miraculous coincidence, every state where the PDP is doing well in the north has either been declared inconclusive or collation suspended but every state where the APC is doing well, no problem. This is elections has taken us more than ten years back when we are supposed to be moving forward

157 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by donstan18: 7:47am On Mar 11, 2019
You lost because your tribesmen are too tribalistic.

You also lost because your tribesmen finds it difficult not to worship Tinubu.

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by tysontim(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2019
The igbos were divided.

One side decided to support Tinubu cus of Igbokwe and Uba factor (don't underestimate Igbokwe he has been Yorubatized)

The other side didn't come out because of threats.
Tinubu is Lagos Lagos is Tinubu, if he continues to give others a chance in govt even d igbos then his reign won't end soon.

Congrats to the igbo that won HOA

32 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by honeychild(f): 7:53am On Mar 11, 2019
Lol. Nezt time make sure your support base is not from the 5% peepu. As a son of the soil why should your support base be from people who can be threatened into sitting at home?

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by elotajohn1(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2019
Since the population of Nigerians below 40 years is above 60%, I guess it's time we demand for E-voting.

Electronic system of voting for Computer literates while the normal balloting will still be an option for those that can't do E-voting.

This approach if adopted will cub the Election Wars we are witnessing now

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Pascopele: 7:57am On Mar 11, 2019
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Pavore9: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
Tinubu is Lagos state's App! cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by wellmax(m): 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
Sorry Jimi try again next time.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by kingthreatz: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
Pascopele:
Oyo State - New governor
Lagos State - New governor
Ogun State - New governor.

Can these 3 work with Osun, Ondo & Ekiti to form a strong regional alliance to develop the SW on Education, Agriculture, Transportation & Human Capacity building without influence of godfathers?

If only this is how we Africans reasoned

34 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by infogenius(m): 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
It's time to bow out of contest for Lagos top office. Or join Apc

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Franzinni: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
you lost because tinubu owns lagos

10 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Tflex01: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
You lost because you couldn't have won in the first place. cool

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by wellmax(m): 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
Jimi if you want to govern Lagos State, join the winning party.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2019
This man is a motivator

2 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2019
Heeeeyaaaah!!! cheesy wink grin
500,000 thousand people stayed at home instead of coming out to vote for Mr Jimi!!
Heeeeyaaaaa!!! cheesy wink grin

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by StOla: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2019
You lost because you are a regular Olympian customer

12 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by LordCenturion(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2019
Customer daada, see you in 2023

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2019
How the economy of Lagos, Ogun and Osun continues to be under the anal crevice of one man and "they" allow it seems to be mind boggling undecided

Oh...i get it...it is because of the photo below. Some people depend on their daily livelihoods by standing and sitting in front of the gate of bourdillion just to get as little as N200.

Go to the houses of people like Authur Eze, Ifeanyi Uba etc. My people can never degrade themselves to stand in front of the gates of these men to get peanuts!

Total reliance and dependency on a fellow man who is politically and socially manipulating others in his enclave is all about "sufferstikation" and not "sophistication"

But unfortunately, these people would rather remain "sufferstikated" than emancipated simply because another tribe they loathe is in alliance with the person who wants to emancipate them!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Generalkorex(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2019
Lol
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Afamed: 7:59am On Mar 11, 2019
Customer dada nii. Come again in 2023. May God spear us beyond.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by ohiku4every1(m): 7:59am On Mar 11, 2019
Customer Dadani
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by canadastime(m): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2019
Mr. Jimi you can try again next time, why you lost is because after every election you always go on hibernation until another four years instead of you to be on the government neck we won't hear anything from you again till next time.

Anyway you can still come to Canada and to raise money.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Gandollar(f): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2019
Jimi should shut up his dirty mouth. You Lost because you are not a serious contender.

What kind of opposition goes to bed after every election only to reappear after 4yrs?

With the magnitude of corruption going on in Alausa, PDP could not leverage them to whittle APCs power in that state. A credible opposition will keep his eyes on the ball 24/7 whether election is near or not.

APC won't allow you to erect bill boards, so you have to do your work on foot! Door to door, grassroots to grassroots! Upset the apple cart. Rock the boat. Horse-trade. Blackmail. Plant moles.

But Truth is, Lagos PDP are under Tinubu's payroll and that's why they can't get serious.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2019
Keep trying Sir

1 Like

Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Jabioro: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2019
Unending reasons every four years..bros, my name sake abeg change your course.
Re: Why I Lost The Governorship Election — Jimi Agbaje by Pavore9: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2019
LordCenturion:
Customer daada, see you in 2023

PDP will not give him the ticket again, maybe another party.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Lauretta Onochie Over Her Post About Atiku / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones / Masked DSS Officer With RCCG Wristband (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.