Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) (1554 Views)

Nasarawa Women Go Nude While Protesting Governorship Election Result (Photos) / Court Awards Cristiano Ronaldo $300k As Compensation Over False Rape Case (Pix) / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 8:17am On Mar 11, 2019
From the picture below. The guy was wrongfully accused of rape before being discharged after 5years in jail when the accuser admitted that the Rape never happened.

Do you think there should be consequences?

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 11, 2019
Definitely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2019
Why they've not made a life sentence for false rape accusation beats my imagination. False rape accusation is worse than rape and should get more punishment

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 11, 2019
I don't know why the society keep seeing women as the weaker vessels when we all know the extent these folks can go to harm their male counterparts.

I'm of the opinion that women should face two times the consequences of false rape accusation in jail at least to serve as a deterrent to others.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by 989900: 8:52am On Mar 11, 2019
No. Already, many women find it hard to come out . . . rape is already far under-reported. Jail term for false rape accusations would only encourage more rape cases.

You might be male, but remember you may have cousins, aunts, nieces, sisters, daughters, mothers.

More emphasis should be placed on fine tuning the judicial handling of such cases and education of the male and female folks about not being careless (evidences) and covering the bases legally (if you know what I mean).

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by uzhofficial: 9:02am On Mar 11, 2019
False rape accusations should be a really serious offence, and punishable by the law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by buJu234: 9:38am On Mar 11, 2019
1001 reason why I fear western women. . They can destroy your destiny..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Donjazzy12(m): 9:54am On Mar 11, 2019
989900:
No. Already, many women find it hard to come out . . . rape is already far under-reported. Jail term for false rape accusations would only encourage more rape cases.

You might be male, but remember you may have cousins, aunts, nieces, sisters, daughters, mothers.

More emphasis should be placed on fine tuning the judicial handling of such cases and education of the male and female folks about not being careless (evidences) and covering the bases legally (if you know what I mean).

Nonsense write up! As if you don't have uncles brothers sons that could Bw completely destroyed with false rape allegations!

False allegations is already a crime and in the case of rape, some who use it as a weapon should be completely jailed for life. Playing with somebody's life is not a joke!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by 989900: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2019
Donjazzy12:

Nonsense write up! As if you don't have uncles brothers sons that could Bw completely destroyed with false rape allegations!

False allegations is already a crime and in the case of rape, some who use it as a weapon should be completely jailed for life. Playing with somebody's life is not a joke!

You've made a very good point at the emboldened. Which is standard practice that largely rests on the accused's decision.
It won't be necessary to single out rape as a special situation for special punishment, all false allegations are counter-sueable.

P.S. And sir, it is a civil discussion we are having; not some civil war.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by baralatie(m): 10:43am On Mar 11, 2019
kinibigdeal:
From the picture below. The guy was wrongfully accused of rape before being discharged after 5years in jail when the accuser admitted that the Rape never happened.

Do you think there should be consequences?
there is a law that already exist against falsification or false claims in any civil case.
but to specifically push for a separate law that a woman should be jailed for false rape allegation would end up being abused by rape vendors.
the best you can do is to ensure laws against accused's do not send innocent men in jail

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 11:28am On Mar 11, 2019
baralatie:

there is a law that already exist against falsification or false claims in any civil case.
but to specifically push for a separate law that a woman should be jailed for false rape allegation would end up being abused by rape vendors.
the best you can do is to ensure laws against accused's do not send innocent men in jail

Are you saying no deterrent for false accusations?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2019
989900:

What about lives that have been destroyed through false accusations? How do we fine tune the judicial system without trampling on the right of the victim
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by baralatie(m): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2019
kinibigdeal:

Are you saying no deterrent for false accusations?
I am saying to don't give room for abuse of a law in the name of deterrence when it comes to sexual assault crimes
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Xisnin(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2019
kinibigdeal:

What about lives that have been destroyed through false accusations? How do we fine tune the judicial system without trampling on the right of the victim

People have been wrongly sentenced for armed robbery and murder.
Yet, I have not seen anyone calling for the punishment of victims and witnesses in those cases.

You cannot punish someone for false accusation without having any evidence to prove that it is a
false accusation. There is a difference between false accusation and the lack of evidence.

Immediately we have a law to punish "false accusations", rape reporting will reduce for fear of punishment
but no "victim" will ever retract their statement even if the allegation was false in the first place.

Nigeria judicial system is already too soft on rapists, so no changes are needed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by 989900: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2019
kinibigdeal:

A very serious discussion we should be having.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Daeylar(f): 1:06pm On Mar 11, 2019
I love these. smiley

989900:

You've made a very good point at the emboldened. Which is standard practice that largely rests on the accused's decision.
It won't be necessary to single out rape as a special situation for special punishment, all false allegations are counter-sueable.

P.S. And sir, it is a civil discussion we are having; not some civil war.
baralatie:

Xisnin:

Yet, I have not seen anyone calling for the punishment of victims and witnesses in those cases.

You cannot punish someone for false accusation without having any evidence to prove that it is a
false accusation. There is a difference between false accusation and the lack of evidence.

Immediately we have a law to punish "false accusations", rape reporting will reduce for fear of punishment
but no "victim" will ever retract their statement even if the allegation was false in the first place.

Nigeria judicial system is already too soft on rapists, so no changes are needed.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
Xisnin:

Are you now justifying false accusations of rape? In the example above, someone accused the other party wrongfully and after 5 good years that the person accused had spent in jail, the accuser confessed that the accusation never existed. Are you saying in this case that no punishment should be given to the accuser because of precedence for rape victim? Common man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Xisnin(m): 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2019
kinibigdeal:

Are you now justifying false accusations of rape? In the example above, someone accused the other party wrongfully and after 5 good years that the person accused had spent in jail, the accuser confessed that the accusation never existed. Are you saying in this case that no punishment should be given to the accuser because of precedence for rape victim? Common man
Do you want to eliminate false accusation?
Then scrap all criminal laws. The meme which is a movie scene is not a real example of a false rape allegation.
There are real false accusation victims out there who suffered from flaws in the justice system but guess what,
such flaws cannot be fixed until we can start reading people's mind.

There is nothing anyone can do against "false accusation" other than limit the risk of exposure to one.

This hypothetical man who spent 5 years in prison would have spent the rest of his life in prison if there is a
law against "false accusation" because the "victim" would never have recanted her testimony.

I don't like discussing hypotheticals, so I am back to Nigeria again.
Real rapists in Nigeria get about 2 years imprisonment if convicted. It is very hard to report rape and harder
to get a rape conviction especially when the victim and perpetrator knew each other.

Talking about punishing potential victims is like finding a backdoor to make rape legal.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 7:09pm On Mar 11, 2019
Xisnin:

Do you want to eliminate false accusation?
Then scrap all criminal laws. The meme which is a movie scene is not a real example of a false rape allegation.
There are real false accusation victims out there who suffered from flaws in the justice system but guess what,
such flaws cannot be fixed until we can start reading people's mind.

There is nothing anyone can do against "false accusation" other than limit the risk of exposure to one.

This hypothetical man who spent 5 years in prison would have spent the rest of his life in prison if there is a
law against "false accusation" because the "victim" would never have recanted her testimony.

I don't like discussing hypotheticals, so I am back to Nigeria again.
Real rapists in Nigeria get about 2 years imprisonment if convicted. It is very hard to report rape and harder
to get a rape conviction especially when the victim and perpetrator knew each other.

Talking about punishing potential victims is like finding a backdoor to make rape legal.

Probably our perspectives are different. If there are laws restraining false accusations then rape accusations will be based on finding and not fallacies. I still strongly believe that false accusations should face the wrath of the law likewise a rapist.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Xisnin(m): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
kinibigdeal:

Probably our perspectives are different. If there are laws restraining false accusations then rape accusations will be based on finding and not fallacies. I still strongly believe that false accusations should face the wrath of the law likewise a rapist.

When you sit down to actually craft such a law and consider the consequences, you will realize my points.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by SOFTENGR: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
False rape allegation should attract life sentence.
Reason: a victim of false rape accusation is being raped of dignity and respect.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
Xisnin:

When you sit down to actually craft such a law and consider the consequences, you will realize my points.

So you believe a false accuser should not be liable?
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Daewang: 12:18am On Mar 12, 2019
They should be shot.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2019
Daewang:
They should be shot.

You mean the acusers should be shot?
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Daewang: 1:41am On Mar 16, 2019
kinibigdeal:

You mean the acusers should be shot?

The false accusers are immensely evil, of course they should be shot.
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusations (opinion) by Blue3k(m): 2:16am On Mar 16, 2019
Yes bearing false witness is evil. I wonder how society forgot this fact. Even the stigma of being accused of rape is bad enough. People look at you differently even if you're found innocent. These liars should be punished.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Igodomigodo Birthday Thank You Message Becomes Talk Of Town / Who Is Tolulope Akande Sadipe? / Dr. Enabulele Makes New Demand From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.