Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found (31546 Views)

Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Everything You Should Know About The “black Box” Of An Airplane / Aerial Footage Showing The Crash Site Of Ethiopian Airlines (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Exponental(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
Rip to the dead...... Blackbox to the investigators.
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by MissRaine69(f): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
johnstar:
Tell us what happened in the plane

Now that it is found

Abi una go create another thread for am??

johnstar:

Now that it is found

First the site is secured
Evidence is secured and gathered
The plane site crash and the location of the bodies/body parts is mapped and photographed
Passenger lists and bodies/body parts if any are recovered are matched based on description and dental records. Coroner will release bodies to family once cause of death has been established.
The plane is reassembled in a hanger to determine cause of crush transcripts between air traffic controllers to crew is analysed, so is the black box
Boeing in conjunction with the Civial Aviation Authorities of Ethiopia will work in collaboration as this has massive consequences for Boeing
When they have found a cause
The rest of the world will know
That’s how it works.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by zoedew: 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2019
DonXavi:
I can imagine the last minuet of all those people. it'll really be so traumatizing to hear their cries and shouts as their lives plunge to its end.
I sympathize with their family. Sure thing is, one day it'll be every man's turn

https://www.mandatory.com/living/1107697-12-black-box-recordings-right-before-their-planes-crashed/amp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/4902443/the-haunting-last-words-of-pilots-before-major-crashes/amp/
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by SURElee(f): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
Who else is impressed with the speed at which the Ethiopian authorities are handling this issue? Atleast we will know what happened with this new plane.
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by MissRaine69(f): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2019
SURElee:
Who else is impressed with the speed at which the Ethiopian authorities are handling this issue? Atleast we will know what happened with this new plane.

There are huge financial consequences for Boeing than the Ethiopian authorities
All Airlines using the same plane will ground their planes until this is resolved. That is not good for a company like Boeing.
The cause has not been determined .
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by SURElee(f): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2019
MissRaine69:

There are huge financial consequences for Boeing than the Ethiopian authorities
All Airlines using the same plane will ground their planes until this is resolved. That is not good for a company like Boeing.
The cause has not been determined .

So true, thanks.
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by flowx(m): 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
Wait o... Se na the black box dey for those girls hand ni. Abi, I no see the pix of the plane black box o.
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Lukgaf(m): 4:16pm On Mar 11, 2019
horlique:
can we have a plane as strong as the black box..
Also can we have a plane that immediately eject passengers in the air in an electronically control parachute seat controlled by control tower that will land passengers safely to the ground..

Am tired of all these flying coffins

When you are on board, you consider dead already till after landing. I wish there is such plane Sir
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
RIP to the dead. Very saddening.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:18pm On Mar 11, 2019
ekaette1621:
Some idiots will blame Buhari for this
its you who first mention that useless name that we called idiot
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Lukgaf(m): 4:20pm On Mar 11, 2019
horlique:
Also can we have a plane that immediately eject passengers in the air in an electronically control parachute seat controlled by control tower that will land passengers safely to the ground..

I hope there is such plane sir. Bcs u consider yourself dead already when you board till you land safely
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by jojoki: 4:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
Why calling it a black box? In Africa we call it white Box. Really felt bad about the lives lost. May God grants them internal life
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by zoby225588: 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2019
BREAKING NEWS: 157 people DEAD as ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE PLANE crashes (full video footage) www.youtube.com/watch?v=grS0RWo5yJk&sns
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by four4: 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2019
toluwalopsy:
is this all you can contribute to the issues at hand
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by uwadiahercules: 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2019
Indonesia has joined three other countries to ground and stop the operations of the giant airline, the Boeing 737 Max 8 from working or performing any form of service in their countries due to the tragic plane crash that occurred in the early hours of Sunday the 10th of March leaving no survivors.
http://www.jobvacancynigeria.com.ng/ethiopian-airline-crash-boeing-737-max-8-grounded-in-4-countries/
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by dontbothermuch: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
DonXavi:
I can imagine the last minuet of all those people. it'll really be so traumatizing to hear their cries and shouts as their lives plunge to its end.
I sympathize with their family. Sure thing is, one day it'll be every man's turn
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by dontbothermuch: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2019
DonXavi:

Yes o
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Whizpeter(m): 6:23pm On Mar 11, 2019
horlique:

You can't have a plane as strong as the black box because

1. Such plane will be too heavy to fly.
2. Even if such a plane is developed and is able to fly, the passengers will still die anyway, force of impact will kill them and if it doesn't, fire and smoke will.

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Drdreyy: 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2019
horlique:

Safety is a top priority in Engineering designs and all the aforementioned suggestions would have been put into consideration, but let's look at the following factors ;

1) Unlike life-jackets, the use of parachutes requires special training, it's like skydiving......but how many people have this skill? Skydiving is not for the faint-hearted, so a large percentage of people can NOT do it.

2) Depending on the crash height, a parachute maybe rendered useless at very high altitudes due to lack of oxygen. Meaning the individual will eventually suffocate unless oxygen mask is utilized.

Lastly you talked about controlling the parachute seat from the control tower? That is not safe either. Because in the advent of a crash, communication is usually lost between the plane and control station... So it's better the automation is carried out inside the plane.

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by dingbang(m): 7:10pm On Mar 11, 2019
Tomyzino:
Whats inside this box sef
komkom

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Dannyozs(m): 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
babyface224:
hmmm...my heart goes out to their family members...I just can't imagine how they felt in their last minutes before the plane crashed. I pray we won't lose any of our family members this year IJN....AMEN
AMEN
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Zaen: 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
imagine how traumatizing the last 30mins of their lives would have been. May God bless their souls and keep their families.
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by asahnwaKC: 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
Engineers should create parachute that can hold and carry distress plan to the ground....RIP to the departed
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by Realzikkist(m): 11:37pm On Mar 11, 2019
they should kukuma start constructing the whole plane with same materials used in building this black box
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by nextnear(m): 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2019
johnstar:

Now that it is found

SMH, and people are liking this your unreasonable response without even thinking twice about it.
you don't know anything and you don't want to know.
they said they have found something that will give a clue on what happened.
do you think its at the crashed site they will listen to it and analyse it just like that.
you don't even know its all due process and once they find the black box, they must let the public know, nothing in the recording is ever hidden.
and in case you must know...
the black box is just its code name
the real color is Orange. so get it to ur empty skull.

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by nextnear(m): 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2019
dingbang:
komkom
even if you are not a science student or a mechanical engineering student precisely, but i believe you are Learned enough to understand this na "Digital Flight Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder"
so why are you asking such a stupid question again na.
ok now that you ask me now. tell me who i should ask now that won't insult me.

1 Like

Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by nextnear(m): 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2019
Drdreyy:

Safety is a top priority in Engineering designs and all the aforementioned suggestions would have been put into consideration, but let's look at the following factors ;

1) Unlike life-jackets, the use of parachutes requires special training, it's like skydiving......but how many people have this skill? Skydiving is not for the faint-hearted, so a large percentage of people can NOT do it.

2) Depending on the crash height, a parachute maybe rendered useless at very high altitudes due to lack of oxygen. Meaning the individual will eventually suffocate unless oxygen mask is utilized.

Lastly you talked about controlling the parachute seat from the control tower? That is not safe either. Because in the advent of a crash, communication is usually lost between the plane and control station... So it's better the automation is carried out inside the plane.

but how about the parachute method used to escape a fighter jet pilot. can't it be used in commercial planes that it will automatically eject with the seats as soon as the plane drops to a specific altitude.
is that not a possibility?
Re: Black Box Of Ethiopian Crashed Plane Found by dingbang(m): 2:23am On Mar 12, 2019
nextnear:
even if you are not a science student or a mechanical engineering student precisely, but i believe you are Learned enough to understand this na "Digital Flight Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder"
so why are you asking such a stupid question again na.
ok now that you ask me now. tell me who i should ask now that won't insult me.
who is this one.. Abeg shift. Dindirin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Customs Seizes Undeclared $68k Cash From Nigeria-bound Family / UAE’s Statement On Meeting With Tinubu, Silent On Visa Ban Lift / Bonny Island? What Is It Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.