Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,482 members, 7,781,440 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:27 PM

Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. (1414 Views)

Anambra: Yoruba Community Celebrates Unity, Successes In Second Home / Update On Ebonyi State Olympic Stadium / Pictures Of Ebonyi Olympic Stadium To Be Constructed (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Asiri1991: 2:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
GOV. UMAHI ACCEPTANCE SPEECH:

OUR TOMORROW SHALL BE GREATER THAN OUR YESTERDAY

Umahi pledges to construct Olympic stadium, airport in second tenure

Gov. David Umahi has pledged to construct an Olympic stadium, airport and major infrastructure in Ebonyi during his second tenure as the state’s helmsman.

Umahi made the pledge on Sunday while reacting to his electoral victory which saw him garner 393, 043 votes to defeat his closest challenger, Sen. Sunny Ogbuoji of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who polled 81, 703 votes.

The governor, in a release signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Emmanuel Uzor, also promised to complete the 198km Abakaliki ring road which connects eight Local Government Areas (LGA) of the state.

“My administration constructed over 534 km roads on concrete with over 100 years-lifespan and is presently constructing a mega-shopping mall, international market, ecumenical centre, a new government house complex and making the capital city a model in the country.

I thank the people for their belief in me and express my unalloyed loyalty to them for re-electing me for a second tenure in office.

“I promise to aggressively pursue infrastructural, human development and industrialization of the state, the tripod on which my administration stands,” he said.

The governor, once again, reiterated his readiness to hand over power to Abakaliki bloc in 2023 after completing his second term.

“This is to continue the rotation of the gubernatorial seats to the three senatorial zones of the state in the spirit of equity and justice.

“The election was a reflection of the wishes of Ebonyi people who have been resolute and desirous of consolidating on the already achieved development of the state,” he said

He described the election as his highly credible and extolled the high level of professionalism on both the sides of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC and all security agencies involved in the election.

“I call on those that contested with me to accept defeat as the consensus of the people was reflected through their ballots across the 13 LGA of the state.

“I commend INEC for their professionalism and express readiness of my administration to seek justice for those whose lives were cut short in the course of the election.

“We will bring the perpetrators to book irrespective of party affiliation as I thank the Christian and Muslim communities, civil and public servants and the people for appreciating my works in the first term,” he said.

Source: thepeoples.guide

Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by chuksville(m): 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2019
God gave this man to Ebonyi people to simply transform that part of the world.
Their previous leaders did little to nothing to help Ebonyi people as they were just busy siphoning the little money this State has turn by turn and creating no form of job opportunity for it citizens.
His own turn, he resorted to using Prayers and the fear of God to run the affairs of the State.
Now God has rewarded him and his people.
Without doubt, he's been the best Governor in Nigeria since he came to power.
A man that worship God in Spirit and in Truth can help give your life a meaning.

5 Likes

Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Xander85: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2019
I’ve come to see this man as oka-ome, so i don’t doubt him!

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Asiri1991: 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2019
chuksville:
God gave this man to Ebonyi people to simply transform that part of the world.
Their previous leaders did little to nothing to help Ebonyi people as they were just busy siphoning the little money this State has turn by turn and creating no form of job opportunity for it citizens.
His own turn, he resorted to using Prayers and the fear of God to run the affairs of the State.
Now God has rewarded him and his people.
Without doubt, he's been the best Governor in Nigeria since he came to power.
A man that worship God in Spirit and in Truth can help give your life a meaning.

Ebonyi is truly in the hand of God.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Asiri1991: 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2019
[quote author=Xander85 post=76559650]I’ve come to see this man as oka-ome, so i don’t doubt him![/quote

In Umahi we believe.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2019
A stadium is a white elephant project

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by celeiyke: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2019
Ebonyi does not need an airport. This is clearly a means to embezzle

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Asiri1991: 5:59pm On Mar 11, 2019
Proudlyngwa:
A stadium is a white elephant project

Maybe to a different governor, not Umahi.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:34pm On Mar 11, 2019
Asiri1991:

Maybe to a different governor, not Umahi.
What use will the stadium be to the state

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by dailynaijanews(m): 5:26pm On Mar 18, 2019
tumblr: http://kiwiddie.tumblr.com, for more on concrete saws.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

What use will the stadium be to the state

What is it to Akwa ibom at the moment.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

What is it to Akwa ibom at the moment.

A very big white elephant project.

How much was the stadium built with, how much is it maintained with, how much does it generate.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

How much was the stadium built with, how much is it maintained with, how much does it generate.

Do you know how many people from outside the state that have visited the state to watch Nigerian matches?
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Do you know how many people from outside the state that have visited the state to watch Nigerian matches?
how much is gatefee and accommodation compare it to , cost of logistics, refreshment for VIP et al and the money generated is not for the state government alone
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

how much is gatefee and accommodation compare it to , cost of logistics, refreshment for VIP et al and the money generated is not for the dtate government alone

You reason like a normal Nigerian.

All those avenues you mentioned doesn't generate much.

These is the Avenue that does.

Flight
Transportation
Accommodation
Feeding
Discovery of business opportunities
Etc.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by nabiz(m): 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

are you from ebonyi state? Pls focus on the many problems in you state. We are okay with the governor's policies
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

You reason like a normal Nigerian.

All those avenues you mentioned doesn't generate much.

These is the Avenue that does.

Flight
Transportation
Accommodation
Feeding
Discovery of business opportunities
Etc.

How many times in a year does the Ibom stadium in a year host a match, then what is the maintenance cost all year round.
what is the cost used in building a stadium ,think of it does it really worth it when you check the appreciating value you see that a stadium owned by the government is a white elephant project.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
nabiz:
are you from ebonyi state? Pls focus on the many problems in you state. We are okay with the governor's policies

until you people remove indigenization from your senses and put in citizenship you will start to reason normally do I have to be from ebonyi state before I start thinking of what is good for ebony state what if tomorrow I am posted to ebonyi state so I should not care for them because currently I am not from ebonyi state my friend you reason like somebody from the stone ages.
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

How many times in a year does the Ibom stadium in a year host a match, then what is the maintenance cost all year round.
what is the cost used in building a station stadium think of it does it really worth it when you check the appreciating value you see that a stadium owned by the government is a white elephant project.

If you know what a single investor can do, you will understand.

What do you think make nations fall over themselves to host tournaments?
Re: Umahi Promises Airport, Olympic Stadium In Second Term. by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

If you know what a single investor can do, you will understand.

What do you think make nations fall over themselves to host tournaments?
what happens to the stadiums after the tournament, sports is a business oriented program and the government is not meant to get into sports like I said that stadium is a white elephant project

(1) (Reply)

You Are Not God To Say Igbo Won’t Be President- Ohanaeze Blast Amaechi / Throwback Picture Of Mko Abiola & Dele Giwa In Concord Press / Senator Cliff Elisha Abbo Is An HIV/AIDS Carrier – Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.