Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,352,153 members, 5,216,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2019 at 05:30 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 (14242 Views) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by LandJ: 7:21pm On Sep 07
Hello,

My wife had an I 130 petition which was approved under the unmarried child of a LPR. She got married before the approval and when we filled the form preparing her for interview and indicated she was married then the petition was revoked.
Now her mum is now a US citizen so I want to know if the revoked petition can be reopened and updated with her citizenship or she has to put in a new petition with her current status. I will appreciate a response to this query.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Zinny18: 2:02am On Sep 09
Hi, thank you sir/ma for the good work you're doing.

Please I need your advice asap

I'm a single mother to a 2year old girl, I got my case complete waiting for interview date. But the thing is that when I went to get my daughter's birth certificate, they insisted that I put a name on the column for father so I put my father's name though I have an affidavit and a letter from ministry of women affairs to support it. Please will my daughter's birth certificate pose a problem to me during my interview or do I need any other supporting document?

Please what should I do to avoid being denied the visa.
It is an Eb3 visa and I'm the primary applicant.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Amydove(f): 8:36pm On Sep 12
In year 2004 my friend applied for a visiting visa in the US embassy and she was denied. The passport she used to apply then had an error from the immigration that did the passport because the year of birth was not correct, but the day of birth and month of birth was correct. And when she complained, they told her that when she wants to renew it after it expires, they will rectify the error by fixing her correct year of birth. So she applied with the passport for a visa interview and went to the embassy with same passport and affidavit stating the error with her passport. After the interview she was denied because she could not prove strong ties to her country.

This was around 2004 and few years later she could not remember where she lost the passport with the error as she was not using it because it has expired.

Now she has a new passport with her correct year of birth and also her name has changed because she is now married and answers her husband's last name and is going for CR1 Category visa because her husband filed for her. Will her formal passport she used in going for interview in 2004 affect her when they check the system and see she has different year of birth?

She is really worried about this as she doesn't t know if she should go and swear another affidavit on the error of the year of birth and also get a police report about the lost expired passport of 15yrs years ago.

Please urgent advise is needed on what to do as she is really stressed thinking about this.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:45am On Sep 16
Hello everyone. Please i have an enquiry to make. I have been to the US before in 2017 onn a students visa for my MSC but i had to come back to Naija cos of personal reasons and i couldn't finish the program in US. Now 2 years gone, my Visa has expired already and i plan on going to the US again for visit this time cos i have a business i rum here and my family too. Is it possible for me to get another visa category on same passport for same country? I mean since i have an expired F1 visa, can i get a B1/B2 Visa on same passport?

And if yes, what are my chances of getting the B1/B2 Visa considering that I i left previously without finishing my program?

Also, my passport will expire by April next year, can i still make use of it for the visa application?

Finally, how much is B1/B2 visa fee now? Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Neldre(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16
Please I have a question. I am a Nigerian by birth. In 2 days, I will be naturalized as an American. I have a wife and 8 months old son living in Nigeria and I have a pending i130 form for my wife alone which should be approved in few weeks' time. When I filed d i130 prior to the birth of my child, I knew he will be considered a derivative when the form is approved and so therefore, I did not bother to make a new one for him. Until recently, I found out that once I upgrade my wife's petition to immediate relative, my son will no longer be considered as a derivative and will need a separate i130. I can not afford to make a new one for him because I understand that if I do, USCIS will pend my wife's petition that is supposed to be approved within 2 weeks of my naturalization (the case has already been more than 1 year). I want my wife to move before the end of the year and she will not want to leave the boy behind. What kind of application can I make for my son to make him eligible to fly before the end of the year? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by frankike1: 7:44pm On Sep 19
Dear consular officer,
i am an applicant for immigrant visa F4 category. i have two questions. Currently i reside in SWEDEN with TRP (Temporary Reisdence Permit). i want to know if i can assemble and submit all needed document at U.S. embassy in Sweden or i should return home (Nigeria) to submit my application.

secondly, my priority date is 20th april, 2007, and there are two tables on the visa bulletin for october, 2019 for family sponsored preference cases. i want to know if i am qualify to apply now.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Gudnexvincent(f): 9:08am On Sep 28
Good morning V.O. thanks for the great work you're doing here. Pls I need your help with this..

I met my man on Facebook and we're making plans for him to visit me and my family by January. After the visit, he intend to start my k1 visa application. He's a US citizen. Here are my concerns.

1: he is 18 years older than I am (24 vs 43). It doesn't bother me cos we're in love.
Do u think the age difference between us will be a red flag and deny me the visa.?

2: He's divorced and had 4 kids from his previous marriage.
Could this also be a red flag?

3: we want to start our application after his first visit.

4: would u advice us to get married first and go for CR1 visa? Although we think k1 will be better for us and we can be together sooner than the CR1 route.

I'll be waiting for you answers to this. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by princemeadow(m): 1:10pm On Oct 01
How much is medical fees for a family of four on f4 category and do we have to pay visa fees at the Embassy in Lagos?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:06pm On Oct 02
Hello everyone. Please my Passport expires on 7th April 2020 {Next Year}. I wanna know if i can apply for US visa now because I understand that part of the requirements is that the passport must be at least 6 months valid. And also, what are the chances of me gettin an interview date soon
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by showboy2301: 11:19pm On Oct 05
Please advise me. I did my interview on 4th October, the VO asked me for my purpose of traveling, my work and family; which I answered him. I was surprised when he denied me visa for no reason. I later heard that they are denying government officials for now. Please I wish to know if that's true
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Alphamalekings: 12:10am On Oct 14
Hello@USMissionsNGRA. Thank you for your replies so far. I got married to a US Citizen in August. My wife Filed the I-i30 on September 24th. USCIS sent a NOA stating our petition is processing, also saying She should signup online to create an account on the USCIS site. My question is while we are waiting the petition been approved. Will I be granted a visitors visa to go visit for like 3weeks and come back? And how long will it most likely take to get approved? Thank you as I await your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by omoyankee3(m): 2:54am On Oct 17
Hello USMissionNGA,

I'm a US citizen and want to file Form I-130 for my mother who is currently on a B1/B2 visa. However, she's not in the United States right now. Does she still need to adjust her status?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 / U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics)

Major Causes Of Traffic Gridlock In Lagos / Why Lagosians Hate Using The Pedestrian Bridges / Commercial Bus Driver Ran Into Another Bus,Crashes With Nissan Car In Anambra(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.