Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 (27318 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We're Listening Pt. 3 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening Pt 2 / U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by LandJ: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2019
Hello,

My wife had an I 130 petition which was approved under the unmarried child of a LPR. She got married before the approval and when we filled the form preparing her for interview and indicated she was married then the petition was revoked.
Now her mum is now a US citizen so I want to know if the revoked petition can be reopened and updated with her citizenship or she has to put in a new petition with her current status. I will appreciate a response to this query.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Zinny18: 2:02am On Sep 09, 2019
Hi, thank you sir/ma for the good work you're doing.

Please I need your advice asap

I'm a single mother to a 2year old girl, I got my case complete waiting for interview date. But the thing is that when I went to get my daughter's birth certificate, they insisted that I put a name on the column for father so I put my father's name though I have an affidavit and a letter from ministry of women affairs to support it. Please will my daughter's birth certificate pose a problem to me during my interview or do I need any other supporting document?

Please what should I do to avoid being denied the visa.
It is an Eb3 visa and I'm the primary applicant.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Amydove(f): 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
I
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:45am On Sep 16, 2019
Hello everyone. Please i have an enquiry to make. I have been to the US before in 2017 onn a students visa for my MSC but i had to come back to Naija cos of personal reasons and i couldn't finish the program in US. Now 2 years gone, my Visa has expired already and i plan on going to the US again for visit this time cos i have a business i rum here and my family too. Is it possible for me to get another visa category on same passport for same country? I mean since i have an expired F1 visa, can i get a B1/B2 Visa on same passport?

And if yes, what are my chances of getting the B1/B2 Visa considering that I i left previously without finishing my program?

Also, my passport will expire by April next year, can i still make use of it for the visa application?

Finally, how much is B1/B2 visa fee now? Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Neldre(m): 6:06pm On Sep 16, 2019
Please I have a question. I am a Nigerian by birth. In 2 days, I will be naturalized as an American. I have a wife and 8 months old son living in Nigeria and I have a pending i130 form for my wife alone which should be approved in few weeks' time. When I filed d i130 prior to the birth of my child, I knew he will be considered a derivative when the form is approved and so therefore, I did not bother to make a new one for him. Until recently, I found out that once I upgrade my wife's petition to immediate relative, my son will no longer be considered as a derivative and will need a separate i130. I can not afford to make a new one for him because I understand that if I do, USCIS will pend my wife's petition that is supposed to be approved within 2 weeks of my naturalization (the case has already been more than 1 year). I want my wife to move before the end of the year and she will not want to leave the boy behind. What kind of application can I make for my son to make him eligible to fly before the end of the year? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by frankike1: 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dear consular officer,
i am an applicant for immigrant visa F4 category. i have two questions. Currently i reside in SWEDEN with TRP (Temporary Reisdence Permit). i want to know if i can assemble and submit all needed document at U.S. embassy in Sweden or i should return home (Nigeria) to submit my application.

secondly, my priority date is 20th april, 2007, and there are two tables on the visa bulletin for october, 2019 for family sponsored preference cases. i want to know if i am qualify to apply now.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Gudnexvincent(f): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2019
Good morning V.O. thanks for the great work you're doing here. Pls I need your help with this..

I met my man on Facebook and we're making plans for him to visit me and my family by January. After the visit, he intend to start my k1 visa application. He's a US citizen. Here are my concerns.

1: he is 18 years older than I am (24 vs 43). It doesn't bother me cos we're in love.
Do u think the age difference between us will be a red flag and deny me the visa.?

2: He's divorced and had 4 kids from his previous marriage.
Could this also be a red flag?

3: we want to start our application after his first visit.

4: would u advice us to get married first and go for CR1 visa? Although we think k1 will be better for us and we can be together sooner than the CR1 route.

I'll be waiting for you answers to this. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by princemeadow(m): 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
How much is medical fees for a family of four on f4 category and do we have to pay visa fees at the Embassy in Lagos?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hello everyone. Please my Passport expires on 7th April 2020 {Next Year}. I wanna know if i can apply for US visa now because I understand that part of the requirements is that the passport must be at least 6 months valid. And also, what are the chances of me gettin an interview date soon
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by showboy2301: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
Please advise me. I did my interview on 4th October, the VO asked me for my purpose of traveling, my work and family; which I answered him. I was surprised when he denied me visa for no reason. I later heard that they are denying government officials for now. Please I wish to know if that's true
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Alphamalekings: 12:10am On Oct 14, 2019
Hello@USMissionsNGRA. Thank you for your replies so far. I got married to a US Citizen in August. My wife Filed the I-i30 on September 24th. USCIS sent a NOA stating our petition is processing, also saying She should signup online to create an account on the USCIS site. My question is while we are waiting the petition been approved. Will I be granted a visitors visa to go visit for like 3weeks and come back? And how long will it most likely take to get approved? Thank you as I await your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by omoyankee3(m): 2:54am On Oct 17, 2019
Good job. Keep it up
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by bfn1: 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
I-130

Name filled on I-130 application form is in full, say "Babatunde".

Current name used on all official documents (Passport, Bank Statement, National ID card, etc) now is the shortened form "Tunde".

How can I explain this discrepancy in name to the VO during interview?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by bfn1: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2019
Any response, please?

bfn1:
I-130

Name filled on I-130 application form is in full, say "Babatunde".

Current name used on all official documents (Passport, Bank Statement, National ID card, etc) now is the shortened form "Tunde".

How can I explain this discrepancy in name to the VO during interview?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Study4life: 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Pls
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by KSunshine(f): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2019
Good Morning All,

Thank you to everyone that has shared their experience. It has both enlightened me and I will also try to post my experiences going forward to help someone who will likely need them. For the questions I will post below, Please VO and anyone who can answer should kindly assist me

My F4 visa application was filed June 2005. I got my welcome letterMay 2019( 14yrs,dat long)
Following the instructions given to make payment and fill forms. The only issue I had during the documentation was my marriage certificate which was turned down because it was from local government and not federal government. We had to go to Ikoyi register to redo the court marriage and certificate was finally accepted. 30th September 2019, I received a mail that stating my case is “ Documentarily Qualified “,the mail also mentioned NVC will contact me when Lagos Embassy has given them an interview date for me.In less than 6 months I got to this stage, when I was told it will take about year(God at work)

Today 2nd week of Nov, I am a bit perturbed that I haven’t been issued an interview date because of the following;
1. I am currently 8 Months pregnant with my 3rd child , and I was really hoping to relocate before my child is born in December 2019
2.If my interview date is scheduled few days/ months after baby arrival, what happens to baby as he hasn’t been added as a derivative applicant like his siblings yet
3. How long will the process take to be completed if baby arrives while we are still here.
4. Is there anything I can do to fast track the process due to current situation?

Please anyone with vital information on how I should proceed, should please respond to my questions. I will be very grateful.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by KSunshine(f): 9:50am On Nov 13, 2019
Good Morning All,

Thank you to everyone that has shared their experience. It has both enlightened me and I will also try to post my experiences going forward to help someone who will likely need them. For the questions I will post below, Please VO and anyone who can answer should kindly assist me

My F4 US visa application was filed June 2005. I got my welcome letterMay 2019( 14yrs,dat long)
Following the instructions given to make payment and fill forms. The only issue I had during the documentation was my marriage certificate which was turned down because it was from local government and not federal government. We had to go to Ikoyi register to redo the court marriage and certificate was finally accepted. 30th September 2019, I received a mail that stating my case is “ Documentarily Qualified “,the mail also mentioned NVC will contact me when Lagos Embassy has given them an interview date for me.In less than 6 months I got to this stage, when I was told it will take about year(God at work)

Today 2nd week of Nov, I am a bit perturbed that I haven’t been issued an interview date because of the following;
1. I am currently 8 Months pregnant with my 3rd child , and I was really hoping to relocate before my child is born in December 2019
2.If my interview date is scheduled few days/ months after baby arrival, what happens to baby as he hasn’t been added as a derivative applicant like his siblings yet
3. How long will the process take to be completed if baby arrives while we are still here.
4. Is there anything I can do to fast track the process due to current situation?

Please anyone with vital information on how I should proceed, should please respond to my questions. I will be very grateful.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by xcesspower: 6:52am On Feb 12, 2020
Please i have got a mail for my interview,but i didn't see any pdf document containing schedule,it was just a mail,please how do i go about it
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Ibrahimmide: 5:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hi I was asked at the embassy to go and bring some results and Ids for my immigrant visa. Can I submit my online printout of my waec and GCE with a result checker pin
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by ibe003(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
Ibrahimmide:
Hi I was asked at the embassy to go and bring some results and Ids for my immigrant visa. Can I submit my online printout of my waec and GCE with a result checker pin
please what type of application by is yours
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by luvissweet2f(f): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Please what happened to this thread?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer Pt. 2 by Akin472003: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
USMissionNGRA:
Hello Gentlechuks,

Your friend's American spouse will need to file paperwork with USCIS to begin petitioning for him. USCIS should be able to provide more information on the process.

Hello VO,
My wife is an American citizen and she has filed the I130 for me but it’s still at USCIS stage and she’s pregnant and due to put to bed before the end of this year 2021, My question now is I’ll love to be with her when she puts to bed, so is it advisable I apply for a tourist Visa why my I130 is still pending? Am looking forward to your swift response. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

What Is The Difference Between Hotel, Motel, Inn And Guest House / Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines / Trump Immigration Policy Will Reduce Number Of Nigerians In Strategic Profession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.