Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

A Free Market System Gives Our Dealers The Right To Fleece Us? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A Free Market System Gives Our Dealers The Right To Fleece Us? (795 Views)

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle / Discover The Best Place To Get The Cheapest Car Prices...even For Dealers / Car (parts) Dealers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Free Market System Gives Our Dealers The Right To Fleece Us? by jidobaba(m): 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
femmy2010:

I still feel ours is a free market economy where we are free to fix a price and we are also very to buy or not to buy.
Abi?

and i say dont come with all that free market bullsht. does a free market dichotomy give you licence to fleece people?does a free market give you the right to mark up prices by as much as 70% over what the sellers actually place?
Re: A Free Market System Gives Our Dealers The Right To Fleece Us? by femmy2010(m): 12:48am On Sep 02, 2010
@Jidobaba,
A particular seller on Nairaland said the reason for selling a vehicle was because he/she just won an American visa lottery and was relocating pronto and place a price tag of I think N500k on his/her automatic Honda Halla.
The tokunbo of such an halla with a factory fitted ac from Cotonou is in the N630k price range.
Many called him/her crazy for slapping a price he/she deem suitable on his/her property.
My comment was in support of the fact that you the seller have a power to say no I wont buy this for this amount or okay the price is okay with me.
Are we really not operating a free market economy where the buyer is king as they have a right to buy or not to buy?
Nairalanders aren't dumb and know what is good and for what price.
Lets not make issue out of irrelevancy.
You sure wont be happy for a buyer to box you into selling your property at a price you do not want to sell.

(1) (Reply)

1995 International Truck Head 2 Units / 2000 Toyota Camry(registrd February 2010)-----970k / Very Neat V Boot For 350k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.