Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,884 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues (1325 Views)

The Abuse Of Speaking In Tongues In The Christian Fold / Is Baptism By Immersion Biblically The Acceptable Mode Of Baptism / Blessings Through Holy Ghost Baptism — By Pastor W.F. Kumuyi (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by IamSassy(f): 11:54pm On Mar 11, 2019
Good evening guys, I have a question and would be glad if anyone can give me an answer.

What does it mean for a person to be crying uncontrollably while speaking in tongues? Mind you, the tears can't be controlled neither can the utterances. The weeping only stops when the utterances stop. It's like the person in question can't control anything about herself at that moment.

Thanks
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by IamSassy(f): 11:24am On Mar 12, 2019
I am still waiting for an answer guys
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by anochuko01(m): 12:34am On Apr 03, 2019
IamSassy:
I am still waiting for an answer guys
if its the person's first experience, then that explains it all.
especially when we realize that there's absolutely nothing we've done to deserve or qualify for the indwelling of God's spirit.

1 Like

Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
It is a two way thing. Your experience can either originate from the soul or spirit. You can judge if your experience is genuine based on the circumstances or conditions surrounding you when you manifested that experience.
If what led to it was the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and it also pointed you back to the Lord Jesus Christ it is genuine or of the Holy Spirit.
If it is a pastor trying to do some spiritual gimmicks in order to prove something it is very much possible that your experience is of the Flesh or soulical.
THE FREEWILL OF MAN is one of the most important thing a man possess that is always respected by all spirits. You must be able to control yourself under any spiritual experience if it is of the Holy Spirit and when you are unable to control yourself, it is very much obvious that you are under the influence of false spirits.
May the Almighty God grant us more help and comfort by the Holy Spirit in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by BlueAngel444: 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
IamSassy:
Good evening guys, I have a question and would be glad if anyone can give me an answer.

What does it mean for a person to be crying uncontrollably while speaking in tongues? Mind you, the tears can't be controlled neither can the utterances. The weeping only stops when the utterances stop. It's like the person in question can't control anything about herself at that moment.

Thanks

well it is an overwhelming impartation of mercy.

kinda of like u feel ur dad or d authorities let u go of some serious crime. That understanding causing the tears. tears of joy.

1 Like

Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by BlueAngel444: 3:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
Agrogbeide:
It is a two way thing. Your experience can either originate from the soul or spirit. You can judge if your experience is genuine based on the circumstances or conditions surrounding you when you manifested that experience.
If what led to it was the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and it also pointed you back to the Lord Jesus Christ it is genuine or of the Holy Spirit.
If it is a pastor trying to do some spiritual gimmicks in order to prove something it is very much possible that your experience is of the Flesh or soulical.
THE FREEWILL OF MAN is one of the most important thing a man possess that is always respected by all spirits. You must be able to control yourself under any spiritual experience if it is of the Holy Spirit and when you are unable to control yourself, it is very much obvious that you are under the influence of false spirits.
May the Almighty God grant us more help and comfort by the Holy Spirit in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.

well u do know there's a difference between freewill and God's will

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
IamSassy:

Thanks
You know one of the evidences of the the Spirit of God possessing someone's body is Him using the person's voice and emotions to express Himself.

He can laugh, cry, groan, speak, and also your body is also likely to be humbled or feel the effects of a greater personality or force possessing it, which may lead to you falling to the floor, shaking, feeling a sort of immense sensation all over your body etc.

Also there's one i experience a lot which is like a jet of air coming out of my mouth, and I also hear a sound like that of the rushing wind, you know the Spirit of God is synonymous with the air, like in the air we breath, so just let Him express Himself, and trust Him for He knows what He's doing.

I know it can be embarrassing but it's expected because the world don't know Him, as Jesus said, so just try as much as possible to correspond with Him, for believe me He makes things much easier especially when it comes to serving the purpose of God in one's life, for that was the reason He was sent to the Earth.

God be with you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by IamSassy(f): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it.

jesusjnr:
You know one of the evidences of the the Spirit of God possessing someone's body is Him using the person's voice and emotions to express Himself.

He can laugh, cry, groan, speak, and also your body is also likely to be humbled or feel the effects of a greater personality or force possessing it, which may lead to you falling to the floor, shaking, feeling a sort of immense sensation all over your body etc.

Also there's one i experience a lot which is like a jet of air coming out of my mouth, and I also hear a sound like that of the rushing wind, you know the Spirit of God is synonymous with the air, like in the air we breath, so just let Him express Himself, and trust Him for He knows what He's doing.

I know it can be embarrassing but it's expected because the world don't know Him, as Jesus said, so just try as much as possible to correspond with Him, for believe me He makes things much easier especially when it comes to serving the purpose of God in one's life, for that was the reason He was sent to the Earth.

God be with you!
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by IamSassy(f): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2019

anochuko01:

if its the person's first experience, then that explains it all.
especially when we realize that there's absolutely nothing we've done to deserve or qualify for the indwelling of God's spirit.
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by IamSassy(f): 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
I had the experience when I was doing my personal prayer in my house, not even at the church. And the prayer point I was praying when it happened was 'Spirit of God, baptize me'. After which I burst into tongues, and it happened. So, I am sure it wasn't a false spirit.

Agrogbeide:
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by anochuko01(m): 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
IamSassy:
after how many daysgrin anyways, youre welcome
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by shadeyinka(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
IamSassy:

Thanks
I once witnessed to a student of mine and he got born again right there in my office. He came back the next day very happy but he said he couldn't understand himself the day before.
He found himself weeping uncontrollably for much of the day until he felt light and empty.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit can occur in conjunction / simultaneously with salvation or well after. And we are as Christians required to be continuously filled with the Holy Spirit. The evidence could be anything from Faith, Boldness, Prophecy, Tongues etc

Shalom Sis
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by IamSassy(f): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
grin grin I kept checking the thread after I posted the question, but there was no response from anyone, so I got tired of checking. I just saw the responses by chance today. grin

anochuko01:
after how many daysgrin
anyways, youre welcome
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 3:13am On Apr 07, 2019
IamSassy:
I had the experience when I was doing my personal prayer in my house, not even at the church. And the prayer point I was praying when it happened was 'Spirit of God, baptize me'. After which I burst into tongues, and it happened. So, I am sure it wasn't a false spirit.

I wanted to ask you if you were actually speaking about yourself, but while I was about to do that, I saw that you had already answered the question, via this reply.

It good to know that there's yet another drop of true tongues in an ocean of false tongues that dominates today's church.

It shouldn't be surprising to you that some of those of today's church would classify what you experienced as being under the influence of false spirits, and hence false, because those of today's church now prefer a spirit that they can control instead of that they can't, in the name of the "spirit of the prophets is subject to the prophets".

But at least you should be able to see what the spirit of the prophets has accomplished for today's church, as the Spirit of God is not the spirit of the prophets so it can never be subject to the prophets or any man, but only to God from whence it proceeded.

That's why most tongues in today's church are false tongues because they do not want to subject themselves to the Spirit of God who they cannot control who is supposed to give the utterances, but the spirit of man therefore they have the kind of tongues they desire which is controlled by the flesh and man.

I didn't even know that what you experienced was a result of such a prayer request, but from personal experience I was able to distinguish that it was indeed the Spirit of God as that is similar to what I experience myself virtually twenty hours a day, every single day of the week, which actually began in my house as well, as yours did and not in the church.

And this was also a result of a desire for the real deal and not the false one that was being controlled by the flesh, for after not being comfortable with having to construct and fabricate tongues myself for a while despite having sacrificed as much as the disciples who had the real deal did, i shouldn't be blamed for feeling I was also entitled to what they had themselves and nothing less.

So it was that desire for the real deal, even what emanates from the Spirit of God which man cannot control that led to such a development, so it's really good to know that there's one more person as myself who are not willing to settle for crumbs and falsehood, but the real deal of the Spirit of God, for the flesh profits nothing but it's the Spirit that quickens.

So sis you are on the right track for the Spirit of God is actually seeking those who He can control to possess their vessels, for that's the only way He would be able to show His full capacity.

I actually created a thread for this purpose, and you open it via this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/4872217/99-tongues-spoken-church-fake

God be with us.
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 07, 2019
BlueAngel444:

well u do know there's a difference between freewill and God's will
Good question.

So when someone in his freewill decides that not my will but God's will be done, his hence in his own free will becomes subject to God's will, and consequently God's Spirit.
Re: Baptism By The Holy Spirit With The Evidence Of Speaking In Tongues by anochuko01(m): 5:36am On Apr 07, 2019
IamSassy:
grin grin I kept checking the thread after I posted the question, but there was no response from anyone, so I got tired of checking. I just saw the responses by chance today. grin

lol, i can relate sha. that was why i posted a comment too. do you attent living faith?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Oyegeyege Raises A Woman From The Dead (video) / 7 Causes Of Depression And How To Overcome / Why Do Nigerians Worship God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.