Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport (58823 Views)

Nigerian Woman Delivers Her Baby On Turkish Flight To Manchester / Nigerians In UAE Say They Are Being Forced To Leave Today / Onitsha Fire: Photo Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Ruthieberry(f): 7:11am On Mar 12, 2019
I think we should all go easy on the mother. When i gave birth, i was soooo forgetful i always had to go back to the market twice or thrice to pick stuff i 4got. Though in my case, my brain was super alert to my baby and my baby alone and numb to d rest of d world grin grin
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by eLcastro(m): 7:11am On Mar 12, 2019
So i saw Kim Kardashian forgot her kid in a restaurant....they should've just drop off the lady at the airport......if possible pick the child send him/her back to the dad....
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by AfonjaConehead: 7:12am On Mar 12, 2019
OP complete the story now!! Pics?

Btw,did she forget her iPhone?

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 12, 2019
I’ve read a lot of stories of mothers and fathers doing the same i.e leaving their babies behind. Probably sleep deprivation. Can make you forgetful and careless.

Also giving birth sometimes changes the body chemistry of the mother as the whole procedure is really stressful. Symptoms range from depression to wanting to kill the baby etc.
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Offpoint1: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2019
Ilekeh:
I'm not understanding.

No matter how I try to think up possible scenarios and excuses, nothing logical comes to mind.

How do you 1) board 2)wait for everyone to sit and store their bags 3) wait for pilots and crews to be ready 4) plane to taxi etc before you remembered?

This story has to be fake. That's the most logical explanation.

That's why the pilot said "this is new to us" grin
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by oluplus(m): 7:15am On Mar 12, 2019
We know their type - social media wife. She was probably chatting on phone and was absent minded.

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Niorte: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2019
InaNla:
The careless mother should be jailed

So quick to judge.

Have you considered the situation that led to that? Do you know how old the child is? Did you ask if the woman was the last to enter the plane?

Did you ask if she has established cases of memory loss?

We human are quick to judge others on things we can also do.

Murphy's Law states that if it CAN happen, then it WILL happen.

The bible says Can a mother of a suckling child forget her child? The bible says YES, IT IS POSSIBLE. And it went further to say but God CANNOT forget you and me

Only God CANNOT forget.

3 Likes

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by thebiggestgists(m): 7:15am On Mar 12, 2019
God might use it to save the plane sha

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Bobkayz: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2019
Isaiah 49:15
“Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.”
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by DavidEsq(m): 7:17am On Mar 12, 2019
Caseless:
sad

Useless mother. Another thing is, God has a way of redirecting you from danger upfront - maybe he used that woman and her child to save them from dangerous wind, turbulence that could have brought the plane down.

Alhamdulillah!
But he "forgot" to use a similar situation to save the Ethiopian airline abi? Ode ni e

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Magic1: 7:22am On Mar 12, 2019
Antichristus:
The plane must have refuelled before taken off, and would need to shed off the fuel before landing. Otherwise, landing with filled tank is in and of itself dangerous.

Absolutely right
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by InaNla(f): 7:26am On Mar 12, 2019
Niorte:

So quick to judge.

Have you considered the situation that led to that? Do you know how old the child is? Did you ask if the woman was the last to enter the plane?

Did you ask if she has established cases of memory loss?

We human are quick to judge others on things we can also do.

Murphy's Law states that if it CAN happen, then it WILL happen.

The bible says Can a mother of a suckling child forget her child? The bible says YES, IT IS POSSIBLE. And it went further to say but God CANNOT forget you and me

Only God CANNOT forget.

Long story. Noted!

Only God!
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Ola17: 7:28am On Mar 12, 2019
This is really a new one.

Hope she found the baby.
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Bloombaby(f): 7:30am On Mar 12, 2019
Mother forgets her baby at the airport..
Never heard of such
Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by koladebrainiac(m): 7:32am On Mar 12, 2019
espn:
touchy? A careless mother...she forgot her baby but not her bags or gadgets...
Typical Nigerian. Did u see where anybody blame the mom for doing that?
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by jozz(m): 7:32am On Mar 12, 2019
Will an airline in Nigeria turn back?

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Sluvist(m): 7:36am On Mar 12, 2019
It must be a planned scenario just to see the level of passenger welfare in that country, period.
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by brightleave(m): 7:38am On Mar 12, 2019
grin
Newsloft:
A plane was forced to return because a mother on the flight forgot her baby on the ground .

According to Gulf News, Flight SV832, from Jeddah to Kuala Lampur, turned back after the Saudi mother told cabin crew that she had forgotten her baby in the boarding area at the terminal of the King Abdul Aziz International Airport.

A video went viral on social media showing the pilot requesting permission to head back to the airport, while talking to ATC operators – who were caught by surprise and were scampering around to figure out the protocol to be observed for such an incident.

“May God be with us. Can we come back or what?” the pilot was heard talking to air traffic controller.

The operator, after taking the flight number, is heard asking another colleague about the protocol.

“This flight is requesting to come back…a passenger forgot her baby in the waiting area, the poor thing.”

The operator then asks the pilot to re-confirm the reason for turning back.

The pilot was overhead speaking:

“We told you, a passenger left her baby in the terminal and refuses to continue the flight.”

“Ok, head back to the gate. This is totally a new one for us!”

In the video comments, the pilot was given loads of applause for his “humanity” — on agreeing to return to the airport after takeoff and considering the situation as an “emergency case

Photos below :

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/plane-forced-to-turn-around-after-mother-forgot-her-baby-at-the-airport/

you get luck. If na Nigeria here, the only good thing dem go do 4u na to waybill am come give you after much extortion o

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by stasius: 7:39am On Mar 12, 2019
How can a mother forget her baby

Maybe she has dementia-like kind of Sickness.
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by markfour(m): 7:42am On Mar 12, 2019
Unbelivable..... that woman must be a crazy fa..

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by XYZ123: 7:42am On Mar 12, 2019
Useless mother

MW d baby after seeing her mother coming back to pick her...

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by phemmie06(m): 7:46am On Mar 12, 2019
She still fit sit down follow the plane again. Anyway most of them no get shame. Whatever made her to forget her child should stop her from boarding the plane again

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by olisaEze(m): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2019
2n2k:
Wouldn’t it have been more cost effective for the airline to put the child on the next available flight while the mother waited at the destination airport?

Who pays for the fuel that the careless mother let the airline wasted and who compensates other passengers that their itineraries would be disrupted?

That is the difference between the Whites and the black African. The well-being of their citizens is paramount before price. No amount is worth the cost of a human life!
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by AbdulHakeem44(m): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2019
2n2k:
Wouldn’t it have been more cost effective for the airline to put the child on the next available flight while the mother waited at the destination airport?

Who pays for the fuel that the careless mother let the airline wasted and who compensates other passengers that their itineraries would be disrupted?

For the pilot to take the turn back decision, it shows they can't have gone far. No pilot will return when the journey gets halfway or almost halfway. It is not economical and making sense when the child could have been fled through the next available flight.

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Henrywill247(m): 7:47am On Mar 12, 2019
Khaleell001:

It seems as if some of you sniffed some substance before commenting on some topics.

How do you know if the woman was careless?

If she was indeed careless as you claim, why would she remember that her baby was not with her in the flight?

who knows if it was not the luggage she was carrying that made it difficult for her not to notice her baby was not with her.

Some times we should learn to give people the benefit of doubt before we go all out blasting them.

Then you are trying to tell us that luggage is a prerequisite to a whole child. By the way, no mater the age of the child and the behavior of the child at air plane the previous times is it not the duty of the mother to check if the girls belt are well tightened up ?. Although you may not have travelled with air plane before so you may not know how the process of takeoff works and the time it takes. The simple truth is that she is very careless.

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by frozen70(f): 7:51am On Mar 12, 2019
What do we call this now

Stupidity ❓

Madness ❓

Negligence ❓

She is out of this world no matter her excuses

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Henrywill247(m): 7:52am On Mar 12, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

For the pilot to take the turn back decision, it shows they can't have gone far. No pilot will return when the journey gets halfway or almost halfway. It is not economical and making sense when the child could have been fled through the next available flight.

He is referring to wastage of fuel. Before any airplane lands it must waste fuel so that the approximate Weight will be maintained before the flight lands. Almost all the fuel for that journey will be wasted and the plane will be refilled again. So its a huge lost for the company. The simple truth is that that story looks ironically and they themselves don't know the particular child in question. So the mother should do that job herself. That's why they returned back.

2 Likes

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Burgerlomo: 7:53am On Mar 12, 2019
Look at how her carelessness put a lot of people's lives in jeopardy, she should definitely be punished for her carelessness.

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Burgerlomo: 7:55am On Mar 12, 2019
I hope they find a nearest place or roundabout to make a U turn grin

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by ijabiken1(m): 7:56am On Mar 12, 2019
huzyboy:
She boarded the plane, sat for a while before take off, the plane taxied to the run way but she couldn't remember her child all along.... Lol, I wonder what she was thinking about that made her forget her child.

Meanwhile, get a FREE website design for your business. Contact me on WhatsApp below
one guy is toasting her in that place
Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by frank317: 7:56am On Mar 12, 2019
I am sure she was busy on Facebook or twitter or Instagram reading gossips or laughing with some useless womanizers angry angry

1 Like

Re: Plane Forced To Turn Around After Mother Forgot Her Baby At The Airport by Khaleell001(m): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2019
Henrywill247:

Then you are trying to tell us that luggage is a prerequisite to a whole child. By the way, no mater the age of the child and the behavior of the child at air plane the previous times is it not the duty of the mother to check if the girls belt are well tightened up ?. Although you may not have travelled with air plane before so you may not know how the process of takeoff works and the time it takes. The simple truth is that she is very careless.

This is not about travelling with air, it is about life's unexplainable events.
Did you watch the movie "baby's day out."
If you have watched it then you will get to understand that certain things do happen.
A careless woman would not request a plane to return to pick her baby she misplaced.
It stands to reason that something somewhere may have happened.

I understand the typical Nigeria mentality that dislike sympathy and compassion and you have proven to be one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Jailed For Smoking On Board An Air Peace Flight / Owerri, Imo State In Pictures / 2 Jehovah's Witnesses Killed In Ekpoma​, Edo By Car While Preaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.