Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot (63150 Views)

Meet Flt Lt Piyo Piyo, The Co-pilot Of The Crashed King Air 350 In Abuja / Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / Meet Captain Simisola Ajibola, Pilot Who Averted Near Tragedy In Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
senatepresido:

your religion is the only human problem we have on earth
Terorists angry

Then hug the nearest transformer grin
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
Officialgarri:
Even if I manage to trust the pilot , I can't trust a co-pilot with such a name undecided
grin grin grin....say no to tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by omooba969(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
ollah2:

oga keep shut if don't have anything meaningful to say. They turned it into a religious affair out of no where simply because of their hate for Islam and Muslims. The pilot who happened to be a Jew is completely left out then they proceeded to attack the co-pilot. You are simply a bigot hence the reason you are quoting me with this nonsense while ignoring their bigoted comments.

None of them is wishing the families of the victims fortitude to bear the losses. None of them is wishing the victims to rest in peace but they can easily express their usual hatred and hypocrisies yet they are the tolerant ones

Now, you are attacking moi. grin

You're not any different from those you're responding to coz you're making more of a ridiculous argument...on religious grounds.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Amberon11: 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
That actually happened last year or the year before when a pilot committed suicide while flying a plane full of passengers.
Khd95:
what if these pilots of some of these plan crashes wanted to commit suicide,but didn't want to go alone

maybe they are battling depression too and "finally" decide to end it all,what if undecided
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by ollah2: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
omooba969:

Now, you are attacking moi. grin

You're not any different from those you're responding to coz you're making more of a ridiculous argument...on religious grounds.

ollah2:

oga keep shut if don't have anything meaningful to say.

Do you find comprehension difficult?
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by ayomidegambari(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
beamtopola:
Waiting muslim sabi than bombing
subhannallah!!!
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by SaturnNick(m): 1:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
ferhyntorlah:
So many childish comments and primitive thinking being exhibited here.
Abeg forget, it is highly possible!
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by SaturnNick(m): 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
Officialgarri:
Even if I manage to trust the pilot , I can't trust a co-pilot with such a name undecided
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Amberon11: 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
No.
higgs:
I don't know anything about aircraft models.Pls does any Nigerian airline fly the 777 max 8?
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Mrbaz1: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2019
SheikhMuniru:

That "IDIOT" is for your parent at home

I don't just understand if it is a MUST to quote someone
okay sorry I now know how real you are ..foolish ill fated bastard bigot
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Chief7: 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
Considering the number of Europeans, Americans etc on board I suspect terror
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by TheManOfTheYear: 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
Shaev7:

Seriously I was shocked when I read his comment! So bad to bring religion in this issue! I had to quote him too. I am a Christian, it doesn't mean I should castigate any Islam I see around my hood! I don't know what religion has turned Nigeria into, is it because of our current government situation or what?
Oh. U deserve a cold beer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by SheikhMuniru(m): 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
Mrbaz1:
okay sorry I now know how real you are ..foolish ill fated bastard bigot

Still the same "That Foolish ill fated bastard" are for your generation at large... I know your problem. Just take this

Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by RealOne042: 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
eposho:

Dont mind the pie head. 70% Ethiopian
Are xtian.
What happened to the remaining 30%
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by abohwun(m): 2:02pm On Mar 12, 2019
awelekiti:
8,000 hours on such a short route isn't a bad one. The model needs to be discontinued period, before the 3rd one would happen and people would start typing RIP again...God forbid cry
Try and understand that sentence very well.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by RealOne042: 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ojiofor:

The blackbox will reveal what happned before crash.
For time sake, where is that blackbox of a guy? I running out of patience. Let him come out and tell us what apun
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by bigiyaro(m): 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
If I type what I am thinking, terrorists won't be happy.

RIP.
just type it and rest, cos terrorists are permanent sadists, even if the whole world is bombed like, they will still not be Happy.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
ferhyntorlah:
So many childish comments and primitive thinking being exhibited here.

Education failed most Nigerians.

Reading the shallow comments here and how most of them shamelessly exhibit their stupidity along with their alarming ignorance with so much vigor still baffles me.

Rationality = Zero
Critical thinking = Zero
Objectivity = Zero
Stupidity = A++
Foolishness = A++
Clanishness = A++
Tribalism = A+++
Bigotry = A+++
Evil Minded = A+++
Jealousy = A+++
Pull Him Down Syndrome = A+++

When a country has citizens with such dominant qualities listed above then such a country is ill-fated.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by joshuaidibia(m): 2:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
eposho:

Dont mind the pie head. 70% Ethiopian
Are xtian.
All it takes is 1%
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by agbajor27: 2:20pm On Mar 12, 2019
Pavore9:

Generalization is a dangerous mindset!
Yes, you're right. But, ever wondered why people study statistics?
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
agbajor27:

Yes, you're right. But, ever wondered why people study statistics?

cheesy grin grin
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
abohwun:
Try and understand that sentence very well.
what's there that's difficult to understand? Or you're the one who doesn't understand my comment? It was said that the captain had got over 8,000 hours experience and I said it's not a bad one....meaning the pilot had got wealth if experience so the crash cohldnt have been attributed to inexperience. That's like over 3 years of piloting experience in such a short route between Nairobi and Addis. They fly mostly 3 to 4 times in a week, depending on distance. Hope this is clear enough
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
awelekiti:
8,000 hours on such a short route isn't a bad one. The model needs to be discontinued period, before the 3rd one would happen and people would start typing RIP again...God forbid cry
From what I gathered this is the third time that that particular model of plane will be crashing within a shirt time.Even the ones China ordered has already been cancelled. The manufacturers already placed embargo o. The production of that Boeing.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

From what I gathered this is the third time that that particular model of plane will be crashing within a shirt time.Even the ones China ordered has already been cancelled. The manufacturers already placed embargo o. The production of that Boeing.
I learnt airpeace has refused to cancel their order of the same aircraft model. I hope someone would take up the matter now.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by BABANGBALI: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2019
No matter what I'm going to be a pilot
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:53pm On Mar 12, 2019
awelekiti:
I learnt airpeace has refused to cancel their order of the same aircraft model. I hope someone would take up the matter now.

I gave up on this country a long time ago.....last last all the planes will be ferried to Nigeria at below cheaper rates.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by gabbytabby: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
Flew on this plane with Egypt air this January 2019. It was a rough flight. I thank God it was a single leg journey so I don’t have to return with them.

To think I researched and flew out with Etihad cos of its safety record and quality of planes but I did not have a return date at that point. We always have to factor in safety always and only few airlines had availability at short notice on my return.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
Handsome guy. Chai!
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by DavSagacity(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
zahid007:
Collab of jew and muslim pilot ? Haha i hope for awesome journey cheesy
Why are you so stupid like this.?. Must you bring religious bigotry into everything.?.. When will you ever apply wisdom commenting on sensitive issues in the public..?.
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by zoby225588: 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
157 people DEAD as ETHIOPIAN AIRLINE PLANE crashes (full video footage) www.youtube.com/watch?v=grS0RWo5yJk&sns

Kindly subscribe for more videos
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
I had a second thought about this. Since I don’t trust an ordinary Peace Mass transit driver how will one enthrust his lives to these pilots. He must have gotten a huge pay out for his family. Politics is a game. Indonesia is Muslim country. these two also are Muslims. Allah bring & Allah Take... Shekena...
Re: Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot by cocolacec(m): 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
iHart:
the co-pilot, thinking what others are thinking...

RIP
Nigerians and their way of myopic thinking always blaming the victims.The pilots and passengers are victims of corporate greed nothing to do with religion.
The aircrafts produced by boeing had been grounded in several countries because of crashes but no one can sue the American aircraft which produces these flying coffins.Many Airlines are cancelling Boeing 737 max from their fleets.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-47523468

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLvcK2cdiZg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos) / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.