Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? (922 Views)

Meet 20-Year-Old Akobundu Kenneth Who Builds Planes, Cars And Bikes (Video) / NASA To Test Its First All-electric X-plane (photos) / Graveyards Around The World Where Planes, Ships, Cars Are Left To Die (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? by MKULTRA: 12:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
Was wondering why passenger/commercial planes can't come up with

Ejection seats like fighter jets?

or Emergency save pods?

or Detachable cabins?

Which might minimize plane crash casualties
Than to lose all on board

Besides even the most advanced vehicles are still prone to accident

1 Like

Re: Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? by SEGLIZ: 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
I suppose there are parachutes onboard planes but since passengers are not trained to use it they don't deploy them to use in emergency.
even the pilot has safety means but can't embark or deploy leaving the passengers on board. I stand to be corrected. so I grew up know.
Re: Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? by khalhokage(m): 5:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
It would introduce more weak points in the body of a plane, greatly increase cost of manufacture and by extension cost of purchase and it'll also make the plane much heavier which would require airlines to carry less passengers per flight.
Re: Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? by khalhokage(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2019
SEGLIZ:
I suppose there are parachutes onboard planes but since passengers are not trained to use it they don't deploy them to use in emergency.
even the pilot has safety means but can't embark or deploy leaving the passengers on board. I stand to be corrected. so I grew up know.

There aren't parachutes on passenger planes, they would add a lot to the weight of the plane.
Re: Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? by SEGLIZ: 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
khalhokage:

There aren't parachutes on passenger planes, they would add a lot to the weight of the plane.

I'm in no doubt.
Re: Plane Crashs: Why Passenger Planes Can't Come Up With Ejection Seats? by tck2000(m): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
great idea about a detachable plane

(1) (Reply)

Hp Envy 13m-bd0023dx i7 11th Gen / 4 Working Virtual Card Platforms In Nigeria You Can Use To Make Payment Online / U B A And Intercontital Bank Mobile Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.