Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA (17732 Views)

Several Boeing 737 Max 8 Pilots In U.S. Complained About Suspected Safety Flaw / Air Peace Issues A Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order. / Nigeria’s Green Africa Airways Orders 100 Boeing 737 Max 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
TheBoy1740:
If the Ethiopian Airways crash is similar to that of Lion Air (both of which were 737 max 8 planes) then it's more of a pilot error than the plane's. You see, Boeing installed a new security system that some of these pilots failed to learn, it's called MCAS. It was responsible for the Lion Air crash, all the pilots had to do to avoid the crash was to push two switches.

If it's the case for Ethiopian Airways, then it'll be cheaper to educate pilots on the new systems, especially the ones that have the "I've been flying 737s for years" attitude.

But if there's another fault, especially one that can be traced to all other 737 max 8s, then instant grounding is the right choice.

This is the reason why countries like USA and Canada have not grounded the plane yet.

Na Wetin we sabi be this. You already know the error and what the pilots could have done to avert it, just two switches and yet, the pilots did not know. Do you work in Boeing company?

6 Likes

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by ibkayee(f): 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
noisy45:
[color=#006600][/color]

Ignorance is a disease Boeing is the company manufacturing airbus
I don’t necessarily agree with what the guy you quoted said but they are made by different manufacturers
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Beautyaddy: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
twosquare:
Saw it in the news not too long that one company, Lion Air wants to switch to Airbus after this Ethiopian incident.... Tell me, is that expensive than Boeing that they don't consider it or what?

Yes, I saw this news on Bloomberg Markets news.

Hmmm...this is a very, very bad news for Boeing to say the least.

Boeing has been existing for over 50 years more than Airbus.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by wizzypro: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2019
TheBoy1740:
If the Ethiopian Airways crash is similar to that of Lion Air (both of which were 737 max 8 planes) then it's more of a pilot error than the plane's. You see, Boeing installed a new security system that some of these pilots failed to learn, it's called MCAS. It was responsible for the Lion Air crash, all the pilots had to do to avoid the crash was to push two switches.

If it's the case for Ethiopian Airways, then it'll be cheaper to educate pilots on the new systems, especially the ones that have the "I've been flying 737s for years" attitude.

But if there's another fault, especially one that can be traced to all other 737 max 8s, then instant grounding is the right choice.

This is the reason why countries like USA and Canada have not grounded the plane yet.
The UK just banned the 737's max 8 on their airspace.

2 Likes

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by mike1994reds: 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
Other better country dey talk, Nigeria sef dey put mouth grin grin grin
The planes we have are even worse than Boeing planes. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by iswallker(m): 3:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
you don't have the latest model in your air space and that is an achievement...

us and europe have not grounded the boeing 737 max 8 fyi...

mumu country that cannot even run airline...
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by noisy45(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
ibkayee:

I don’t necessarily agree with what the guy you quoted said but they are made by different manufacturers

Google it and know that it's Boeing
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Beautyaddy: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2019
iswallker:
you don't have the latest model in your air space and that is an achievement...

us and europe have not grounded the boeing 737 max 8 fyi...

mumu country that cannot even run airline...

This is not true.

The UK, Norway have both banned them.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by BigBashiru: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
TheBoy1740:

They failed to include the instructions on those two switches on aircraft delivery and only included it in a bulletin or so after the Lion Air crash.

1 Like

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by blank(f): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
noisy45:
[color=#006600][/color]

Are you for real? shocked shocked shocked
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by naptu2: 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
bigtt76:
Air Peace say den wan buy naaaaa! Ona nor go advice them on the implications? undecided Isn't it ideal that airlines buying or leasing new aircrafts should get a clearance from you guys first? angry

Air Peace Issues Statement On Boeing 737 Max 8 Order.
https://www.nairaland.com/5075026/air-peace-issues-statement-boeing

1 Like

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by elrony(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
noisy45:
[color=#006600][/color]

You're really noisy grin grin

Boeing doesn't manufacture Airbus.

1 Like

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by elrony(m): 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2019
blank:

Are you for real? shocked shocked shocked

He ain't cheesy grin grin

They don't!
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Zicolo4real: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
This information is NOT correct. Air Italy launched in Nigeria this January and they use Boeing 737 Max 8. As a matter of fact, one is due to arrive Lagos tonight from Milan.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by TheBoy1740: 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
shogsman:

Explain why China grounded the aircraft then
With the ongoing "trade/tech war" between China and the US, I'm honestly not surprised.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
kay4kay:
But Airpeace has ordered for 10 Boeing 737 Max 8.

Learn to comprehend mister man or you will end up failing woefully at oral exams & job interviews
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by elrony(m): 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
Zicolo4real:
This information is NOT correct. Air Italy launched in Nigeria this January and they use Boeing 737 Max 8. As a matter of fact, one is due to arrive Lagos tonight from Milan.

cheesy cheesy grin grin

Nigger-area!
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by TheBoy1740: 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Na Wetin we sabi be this. You already know the error and what the pilots could have done to avert it, just two switches and yet, the pilots did not know. Do you work in Boeing company?

Lol, do a research on the Lion Air crash, come tell us here and we just might think you own Boeing.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
noisy45:
[color=#006600][/color]

My dear, you are wrong.
We have Boeing and we have Airbus.
They are two different aircraft manufacturers.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by elrony(m): 3:39pm On Mar 12, 2019
TheBoy1740:

With the ongoing "trade/tech war" between China and the US, I'm honestly not surprised.

Australia and UK are also in trade wars with the US? grin cheesy
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by TheBoy1740: 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2019
golddust6000:
737-8 is different from 737, it was upgraded, the airplane has difficulties to operate
Two 737-8 had crotch within 5month of upgrading
Yeah, I believe I made distinctions where necessary.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
Zicolo4real:

Please what's the ETA so I can be on the lookout for it as planes fly over my area and I do look out the window when they fly over. Just an hobby.

As I typed this, Qatar Airline just flew past.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2019
Better.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Sufisunni: 3:46pm On Mar 12, 2019
TheBoy1740:

Just two switches! Is that the first time, the pilot was flying Boeing 737max? Stop jumping into conclusion please. Stop mocking the dead ones please! No body can even guess what actually transpired, even Boeing manufacturer, but you are here claiming expert perhaps without knowing a cockpit!

For your information, Boeing manufacturer will use everything within their disposal to deny and cover up. You think USA Mafias care about your safety? Everything is about lobbyist group; USA capitalism, is man eats man (The winner takes it all). European leaders are more humane and caring about their citizens than USA. Even USA citizens have suffered from "vested interests" of certain groups. Provided it benefits them, they careless about others. Take a look at gun control, health insurance, environmental issues, genetic modified foods etc

3 Likes

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by noisy45(m): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
ferhyntorlah:

My dear, you are wrong.
We have Boeing and we have Airbus.
They are two different aircraft manufacturers.

What u don't know is that Boeing manufactures some parts for Airbus especially avionics parts
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2019
When better countries dey talk nigeria will also be talking. Are most of the planes flying nigeria airspace not worse off than the Eithopian boeing 737 that crashed on sunday? Its only in nigeria u see rickety looking planes with patched tires and horrible sounding engines flying all over the place. Planes that ought to have been grounded since 1946 still flying our airspace. God help nigeria.

1 Like

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by blank(f): 3:55pm On Mar 12, 2019
elrony:

He ain't cheesy grin grin

They don't!

Can you imagine how he is so blatantly displaying his ignorance? Trying to even correct someone.

1 Like

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by noisy45(m): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
elrony:

You're really noisy grin grin

Boeing doesn't manufacture Airbus.

They produce avionics part for air bus just as Boeing is producing stablizers, engine and avionics parts for ukraine antonov planes
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2019
Zicolo4real:
not surprised to hear dis
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2019
noisy45:
[color=#006600][/color]

What u don't know is that Boeing manufactures some parts for Airbus especially avionics parts

Thanks for letting me know that but Boeing doesn't own Airbus. The are two separate manufacturers.

1 Like

Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by oruma19: 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2019
That accident was pilot error, nothing is wrong with that plane. If u have seen the footage of the takeoff u will understand what happened. The angle the pilot took off with was too steep, the tail that balances the plane hit the ground and broke off because of the high angle. The entire airport knew the plane would crash immediately but were praying the pilot could get balance and turn back because of the heavy smoke from the tail of the ✈ . This is the reason it didn't take more than 6 minutes to crash because he tried turning back but couldn't get the balance again. If there was a river close to the airport I believe that plane would have not exploded, the pilot would have headed for the river instead of turning back, maybe that would have saved some lives. Addisababa is 7000ft above mean sea level so there is no way they can even have a river around. I v been there many times so I know how the terrain looks.
Re: No Boeing 737 Max 8 Flying In Nigerian Airspace, Says NCAA by imam07: 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
Even the Boeing 737 that crashed is still saver than our local flight

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Shun Domestic Air Travel Over Fear Of Crashes / Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK / China Opens The World Longest Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.