Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' (2189 Views)

How I Chose The Wrong Job / What Will You Say If The Interviewer Says "You Have 10 Minutes To Impress Me? / When The Interviewer Asks You If YOU Have Any Questions For THEM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by ScooperOfficial: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
[/b]

[b]DOWNLOAD SCOOPER TO READ MORE
: https://go.onelink.me/app/fb0f830d

Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'You Smell Nice,' And This Happened...

The ongoing trend on social media argues whether an interview was right to have told the interviewer “You Smell Nice”

Responses have included

Jon Manuels Enekele says, "That was my conclusion too. Madam too dey overly petty and sensitive.2

Ene Essien, "The identity of the interviewee was not revealed, so she has not broken any professional rule.

She was just educating would-be applicants on dos-and-don’ts of interviews.

A statement is only an insult if it is directed at someone or a group...So this clearly was not an insult, as the identity of the interviewee was not revealed.

As for presenting it on a better way: I agree with you.

Ezeada Ezenwa, "It's not appropriate to give such a personal compliment at a job interview. That you and I see it as nothing doesn't make it right.

Personal compliments are out of place in formal settings like job interviews. If he wanted to be friendly, he could have told her he enjoyed the interview and her style which made him feel less nervous or something.

There's etiquette for formal settings...

Is it possible the applicant should have said, "Ma, the spirit of the Lord is with you..lol"

I do believe that if such compliments came from a lady like herself, I doubt if she would feel offended.

Or maybe she would, I don't know..but one thing I do know is that, some other interviewer would take this situation differently.

For the applicant, it would have just been safe if he had avoided such compliments totally.

You can never tell what an interviewer is going through and how he or she may interpret simple gestures.

Share your thoughts...

For More Updates, Kindly Follow Scooper Across All Social Media Platforms

Facebook: Scooper

Twitter: @scooperng

Instagram: scooperng

Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by JoanHicks(f): 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2019
The last comment just useless her post grin

5 Likes

Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by madone: 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
She want to form oga boss and she can't even lie well.foolish girl

2 Likes

Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by DCONE1(m): 4:54pm On Mar 12, 2019
Lie lie ..anyways if na man dem tell this compliment he won't even make it a big deal , tall less of coming to social media to announce it.
Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by xendra: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
DCONE1:
Lie lie ..anyways if na man dem tell this compliment he won't even make it a big deal , tall less of coming to social media to announce it.
if na man them tell him D for rise, .........who dey remember compliment am before?
Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by SOFTDRINK: 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
All these frustrated female goats looking for any means to insult men.

Because a man complimented you during an interview which you don't even deserve,the foolish goat is here fussing and insulting men all over the internet.

I only blame some men who compliment swines.

2 Likes

Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by Ekpekus(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
Na she be this

3 Likes

Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by stanisbaratheon: 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2019
Lol
Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by stanisbaratheon: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
Ekpekus:
Na she be this

One Aboki perfume for hanty Taiwo
Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by anochuko01(m): 6:26am On Mar 13, 2019
i wont say that at a job interview. and that guy is a flirt
Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by DCONE1(m): 9:36am On Mar 13, 2019
xendra:
if na man them tell him D for rise, .........who dey remember compliment am before?
na lie
Re: Compliment Gone Wrong - Job Seeker Told The Interviewer 'you Smell Nice,' by meobizy(f): 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
It’s good this one was caught lying.
Awon lying to trend.

(1) (Reply)

N-power Batch-c Shortlisted Applicants / Help Me I Need A Job / Factory Job With Accommodation Available In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.