Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East (36828 Views)

The Only Pdp Senator From Rivers Dumped Pdp Joins Apc / Senate Won’t Experience Peace If Saraki Refuses To Resign – APC Senator / NORTHERN APC Senator Demands N100m To Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by vonxe: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2019
Automatically sp belongs to SE.
House of rep to NE/NC
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by megamank(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
Odingo1:

Omoagege that is calling on Buhari to appoint SP for them, how is that empty head smart tongue

This is Nigeria.... Since OBJ regime he had always been the person to choose the senate president whlike voting is done to just formalize the Presidential choice.... Saraki only out smart them in 2015 and he is paying for it now.... This is Nigerian politics .....

2 Likes

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by anidan(m): 5:01pm On Mar 12, 2019
What of orji uzo Kalu?
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Midastorch(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
odiks:

Am telling you cos it will increase APC chances in the East come 2023

It’s obvious APC doesn’t need SE, SE shouldn’t expect anything in return... if the Senate presidency must come to South, then SS must have it....

2 Likes

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by shugabasbn: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
SE don't need any appointment from PMB, the man is a terrorist, nepotism, what they need is Biafra. Without any appointment they are better than any part of the country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Midastorch(m): 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2019
anidan:
What of orji uzo Kalu?

He’s a baby Senator so he can’t be a senate president...
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by kayusely70(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
It depends on the zoning formula adopted by the APC, he should be either the SP or DSP
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by ogmask: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
odiks:

Am telling you cos it will increase APC chances in the East come 2023

It will definitely be a good one. It 2ill bring some level of equity to the system too. But I can tell you that the igbos from what I have seen of them will call him names and still not change their stance. Without sounding insulting, the igbos are politically naive to say the least.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Midastorch(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
gurnam:

What would be the compensation for the NE with all their massive support for APC ?

The NE will produce the Senate Present

Take that to the bank

I am Yoruba and I strongly support this.... you cannot come and reap from where you did not sow.....Senate presidency is going to the North, if it must come to South, then SS can have it...

3 Likes

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by vanjos: 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2019
famouscargo4u:
what of senator Orji Uzor Kalu
Orji too desperate, he seemed being tamed.

Enemies in full swing.
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Ubenedictus(m): 5:21pm On Mar 12, 2019
ogmask:

It will definitely be a good one. It 2ill bring some level of equity to the system too. But I can tell you that the igbos from what I have seen of them will call him names and still not change their stance. Without sounding insulting, the igbos are politically naive to say the least.
That is the problem, i dont think having an eastern sp will change the dislike igbos have for apc, but it should be given to the east both as an olive branch and to balance the nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by etrouble: 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2019
Smithkafors:
Oya APC,no more excuses.....the ball is in your court.we are watching,the time to unite Nigeria is here again.Like i said we are watching,if u want to jettison equity,no problem.....we Shall see in 2023.

Stop dreaming, it will never happen. You are still saying we shall see in 2023 when we are still whipping you now. You cannot work in UBA and go to GTB to ask for salary. You cannot work for Atikuchukwu and come and ask OluwaBuhari for position. SOuth-East will nevr get the Senate Presidency, put that at back and in front of your mind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by nameo: 5:23pm On Mar 12, 2019
gurnam:

What would be the compensation for the NE with all their massive support for APC ?

Take that to the bank

There is nothing like compensation here.

All the 6 zones i the country must sharr the 6 top positions in the country- President, VP, Senate President, DSP, Speaker and DS.

That is what it has always been befor APC in 2015.

Even PDP did so with the same NE when they massively voted for Buhari in 2011

1 Like

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by SuperIgbo1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
gurnam:

Take that to the bank

Bayo, the SP will come from the East.
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by nameo: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2019
Midastorch:

I am Yoruba and I strongly support this.... you cannot come and reap from where you did not sow.....Senate presidency is going to the North, if it must come to South, then SS can have it...

Other regions that dis not vote for the PDP in 2011 got one of the 6 positions.

Almost all our previous leaders sinec 1960 have been useless but this is one thing they ALL got right- ensuring some sense of belonging for every part of Nigeria. All of them exvept APC in 2015
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Rsk1: 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2019
nice one for seeing only APC senator elect from the region that is highly tribalism
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by gurnam: 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2019
nameo:

All the 6 zones i the country must sharr the 6 top positions in the country- President, VP, Senate President, DSP, Speaker and DS.

Under GEJ, tell me the highest principal office the SW had in NASS.

APC will share all the principal post according to the election outcome. The nonsense Saraki did last time will not be repeated

Start composing your Biafra or death epistles

8 Likes

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by gurnam: 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Bayo, the SP will come from the East.

Stop writing nonsense on my mention

1 Like

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by nameo: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2019
gurnam:

Under GEJ, tell me the highest principal office the SW had in NASS.

APC will share all the principal post according to the election outcome. The nonsense Saraki did last time will not be repeated

Start composing your Biafra or death epistles

Am.not from the SE. Dont know what you are talking about @ last statement.

And by the way, PDP zoned that seat to the SW jn 2011. It was Tinubu who led lawmakers from the SW to vote against a fellow yoruba so that Tambuwal could win.

State facts always

4 Likes

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by famouscargo4u: 5:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
Midastorch:

He’s a baby Senator so he can’t be a senate president...

he is re-elected and would serving second term as a senator
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by mindtricks: 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2019
senatordave1:

I didn't expect Benjamin to win.anyway,rochas would oppose him.19% votes the east gave buhari is better than the 7% of 2015
Did the people really vote him or is it just the normal rigging.
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by ChristianNorth: 5:41pm On Mar 12, 2019
Midastorch:

Hmmm.

But how do you intend to produce the Presidency in 2023 without the SE?

1 Like

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by subcbouy: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2019
Smithkafors:
Oya APC,no more excuses.....the ball is in your court.we are watching,the time to unite Nigeria is here again.Like i said we are watching,if u want to jettison equity,no problem.....we Shall see in 2023.
jolly just come become senate president? giv arm deputy naw!
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by ihatesycophant(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
gurnam:

Take that to the bank
Is it by vote or is the president president of APC or what?
Constitution demands by the principle of federal character that SP should come from either south east or south south. The winner taken-all-mentality should be jettison for unity and equal representation.
I also hate South East pattern of voting, they don't give a Bleep if the candidate of APC is good or not, so far it's a party they hated, even if you're an angel in APC they would not vote for him or her. We've been hearing how governors of some of their states have been under-performing but because of hate they have for APC, they still voted them in. Later, they turn to blame Hausa, Fulani or Yoruba for their bad decisions.

8 Likes

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Amumaigwe: 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2019
oyetunder:
Yes now... tribal madness had destroyed many. I am a Yoruba...I respect the choices of any group of people by tribe or whatsoever to vote bases on their own acceptable principles. That does not mean we should nor accord them the deserves respect. Our elders submitted that it is better to search for more friends than to search for more foes.

You are a true son of your father. With people like you, there is a bright chance of Igbo/Yoruba alliance some day.
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by famouscargo4u: 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2019
StOla:

Not a ranking Senator but a newcomer.
He is not new. He would be serving his second term.
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:15pm On Mar 12, 2019
How I wish Igbo man should emerge as the senate president BUT the truth is, there was no reasonable votes and support from the entire region even the state he represents during the presidential election. I wish he should be considered as deputy senate president though, I still prefer Omo-agege from Delta state. Lawan is more trusted because the 9th senate is not about zooning the way I see it rather the interest of the party who will work with the executive to achieve the NEXT LEVEL agenda. Unlike,what Saraki led 8th assembly did to the entire nation on budget, bills that are good for the nation etc all because of self interest and power intoxication. It's highly time majority of the people in the south/east region stop playing a politics of hatred so as to boost the unity which our forefathers designed. Summarily, we are one and we should always tolerate and see ourselves as one. Thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by farem: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
kahal29:
The bid for a Senator from the South East extraction to head the Presidency of the Senate brightened over the weekend with the declaration of Distinguished Senator Benjamin Chukwuemeka Uwajumogu as the winner of the Imo North Senatorial District (Okigwe Zone) supplementary election held on Saturday, March 9, 2019.

The INEC Returning Officer for Imo North Senatorial District (Okigwe Zone), *Prof D. O. Ohajianya* after collation of the final results from the local govt areas declared Distinguished Senator Benjamin Uwajumogu, duly elected in the rerun election held on Saturday, March 9, 2019.

Prof Ohajianya stated that Senator Ben Uwajumogu, who is the senator currently representing Okigwe zone in the National Assembly polled the highest number of votes to emerge the winner and defeated his closed rival, Hon Patrick Ndubueze of the PDP.

By this victory, Sen Ben Uwajumogu is now the only ranking Senator from the South East and primed for the presidency of the Senate.

In his remarks, Sen Uwajumogu thanked the people of Okigwe zone for re-electing him back to Senate and promised to attract monumental infrastructural projects and empowerment to the zone.

He added that his victory at the polls was a victory for the people of the South East.

http://www.dailypost.ng/2019/03/12/uwajumogu-emerges-ranking-apc-senator-southeast-brightens-chance-igbo-senate-presidency/

https://puoreports.com/2019/03/11/imo-to-get-senate-presidency-as-ranking-uwajumogu-wins-okigwe-senate-race/?fbclid=IwAR01RFkvyvWbrNvPJGe3D4iisdMzVkoRkOXknR8XXoMwHTbdschAzObrhN0

Dead on arrival!
You play profitable politics. If you like put all the Igbo senators from all parties into the highest positions, it would be a labor loss.
Igbos are bitter beings, vindictive and politically blind and senseless. Carry all budget and finance projects in the East, that would not move them to APC. if you are in doubt, let them tell you their gain of being with pdp in 20 years. Nothing!
Senate presidency is going to the north East or south South.
The ranking senator will be our DSP
QED

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Amumaigwe: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
ihatesycophant:
Constitution demands by the principle of federal character that SP should come from either south east or south south. The winner taken-all-mentality should be jettison for unity and equal representation.
I also hate South East pattern of voting, they don't give a Bleep if the candidate of APC is good or not, so far it's a party they hated, even if you're an angel in APC they would not vote for him or her. We've been hearing how governors of some of their states have been under-performing but because of hate they have for APC, they still voted them in. Later, they turn to blame Hausa, Fulani or Yoruba for their bad decisions.

Every governor in SE is performing better than their counterparts in SW. Don't mention Lagos here so I don't remind of it's status.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by gurnam: 6:18pm On Mar 12, 2019
ihatesycophant:

Show me the part of the constitution you are referring to

The rule says the Senators will elect principal officers among themselves, it didn’t say on the basis of “national character”

APC, being the majority party will elect it members based on the outcome of the elections.

Nobody will blackmail the party

You don’t reap where to don’t sow is a well know dictum

In politics
Hate
Greed
Selfishness

Will never give you political joy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by Amumaigwe: 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2019
farem:

Dead on arrival!
You play profitable politics. If you like put all the Igbo senators from all parties into the highest positions, it would be a labor loss.
Igbos are bitter beings, vindictive and politically blind and senseless. Carry all budget and finance projects in the East, that would not move them to APC. if you are in doubt, let them tell you their gain of being with pdp in 20 years. Nothing!
Senate presidency is going to the north East or south South.
The ranking senator will be our DSP
QED

Igbos are vindictive and bitter; Can you throw more light on these heavy allegations citing instances.

Your very illuminating illustrations will go a long way in opening their eyes to their unclothedness and persuading them to make ammends.
Re: Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East by fixedfolly: 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2019
nameo:

Oga the SE can never get that senate presidency as they contributed the least to APC victory.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maduka Calls For Cancellation Of Anambra Governorship Election / Senator Kwankwaso And Rotimi Amaechi: Caption Photo / INEC under fire for declaring Orji Kalu winner of 'inconclusive' elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.