Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

"Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) (36696 Views)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed / Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by EzecProperties(m): 8:52am On Mar 13, 2019
How did you get the job(empowerment) in the first place,which is supposed to be for graduates.You would have done the right thing then.What about the stipends you collected? Please bring them back,that is when you would have done the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Eaglefine(f): 8:55am On Mar 13, 2019
I think you're done with the N-Power already. I thought N-Power last for 2yrs

Enrolled on Dec. 2016 to Dec. 2018

Good decision anyway.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by eodavids(m): 8:59am On Mar 13, 2019
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Dear friends, take your time and read my story, I pray you find Grace to stand through!

Recently, I had to take a step that I was 100% sure was godly and morally correct but It looked so foolish to several people, but with God on my side and with the encouragement of sincere believers, I'm strengthened!

It goes thus:

Sometimes December, 2016, I got enrolled in a national scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria called N-POWER, it's a current and working scheme that was set up by this present government to ameliorate or ease the high level of unemployment in the Nigeria.

Fortunately, I got an admission in December, 2018 to further my studies in the University of Benin, and as part of the pact or agreement between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the volunteers of N-POWER, it's required of us to work full time, that is; for no reason must we get into any endeavour that will clash with the normal working hour at our Place of Primary Assignment (PPA).

Prior to taking my decision, I did a lot of consultations, told a lot of friends, both the matured and the 'flexible' and of course I got mixed responses.

Some said "leave the job and go to school, you'll need the money, it's a national cake!"
Some said "put someone to impersonate you and leave the job for school!"
Some said "bribe to Head Mistress and go to schoo!, she will cover you up, in case supervisors show up"

The above were the responses from 'caring' colleagues, seniors and associates of which very few said I should do the right thing.

The right thing actually is to resign the Job and go for my education, considering the fact that the job needs my full attention and my education in the university will also need me full-time, it's therefore obviously impossible to meet the need coming from both angles simultaneously.

So I wrote a letter of resignation to that respect some weeks ago, upon which I got a confirmation from N-POWER website yesterday that I have been successfully resigned from the program!

Due to my preparation for school, I had to leave the town and stop working at my PPA since early February.

Some people called me later to inform me against their previous counsel that I had really taken the right step, some also told me that it was indeed a tough step to take considering the economic situation in the country but they prayed and encouraged me that God will see me through!

LESSONS

1. God's Will and moral standards shouldn't be compromised for earthly gains.
2. Act right, even if the whole world will tag you as a fool, God's on your side.
3. Be Wise and Courageous in taking right decisions.
4. God will reward all your sacrifices even when men's comments aren't encouraging.
5. Take the right steps, you may not know who is watching and will follow.

You must have learnt few lessons too about taking the right and uncommon steps, May God back you up as you take the steps to Stand for truth and righteousness. Amen!!!

My Guy, I pray that God gives you the grace to thrive all trough your study duration and may you find a profitable venture to support you while you are studying.

I want you to know the task ahead of you is huge, and its too early to celebrate your decision. That can come at the end of your experiment.

LET NOT HIM THAT PUTETH ON HIS SWORD BOAST LIKE HIM THAT PUTETH IT OUT.

DO NOT SHOW PEOPLE YOUR PLAN, (its not wise) RATHER SHOW PEOPLE YOUR RESULT.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by XTHRONE(m): 9:06am On Mar 13, 2019
BillGoldberg:
Boy, I must say you are a very big foooooool! Pardon me for being brash! Let me tell you, what you did is technically and morally right! But is it rational? CAPITAL NO! You will soon come to regret your actions boy.

Good must be done always but do you rememeber that we live in a jungle? Nigeria is not a place to be good or live by good. You must grab bread at any given moment. It may sound bad but this is the harsh reality. This is a game of survival of the fittest! The goal here is to stay alive and survive. If not, you will be deleted from existence!
Quote me anywhere.

I pray and wish that you serve a living God who will see through your honesty and reward and protect you! Because when you start facing the harsh realities of life viz a viz sorting of lecturers, buying of text books, payin of hostel fees and departmental dues, sug dues, school fees etc... You will wish you never resigned! The average Nigerian is a thief and will loot you at any instance you loose guard. From your Pastor, Politicians, lecturers, friends, family, Land Lord, Priest etc... All are thieves!

It would have been better you put in someone to replace you or sort your headmiss! So that you will still be on Payroll! That money is important. Its part of your national cake that you just threw away!

I only pray God protects and keeps you. Mind you that what you did is honourable and good. But its not sensible. If you don't have spiritual backing and support, you will regret this in the future.

Take care boy!

Is obvious his parents are still feeding him, he doesn't know the country he is into.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Laryne(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2019
I am definitely sure deep down somewhere, you are a ready regretting something and that is why you have put up this post to gain sympathy.
Even the Bible says wisdom is profitable to direct.
This is Nigeria, you have no idea what you just did.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Starpro87(m): 9:10am On Mar 13, 2019
As much as I salute your seeming uprightness, I want to posit that many have done things more and better morally placed than this in the secret. If this sort of precept was inherent in you, of what reason should you publicize it? Do good in the secret let your God bless you in the open. Once again, I salute your courage.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Aphroditee(f): 9:15am On Mar 13, 2019
UNIQUEISRAEL:
Dear friends, take your time and read my story, I pray you find Grace to stand through!

Recently, I had to take a step that I was 100% sure was godly and morally correct but It looked so foolish to several people, but with God on my side and with the encouragement of sincere believers, I'm strengthened!

It goes thus:

Sometimes December, 2016, I got enrolled in a national scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria called N-POWER, it's a current and working scheme that was set up by this present government to ameliorate or ease the high level of unemployment in the Nigeria.

Fortunately, I got an admission in December, 2018 to further my studies in the University of Benin, and as part of the pact or agreement between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the volunteers of N-POWER, it's required of us to work full time, that is; for no reason must we get into any endeavour that will clash with the normal working hour at our Place of Primary Assignment (PPA).

Prior to taking my decision, I did a lot of consultations, told a lot of friends, both the matured and the 'flexible' and of course I got mixed responses.

Some said "leave the job and go to school, you'll need the money, it's a national cake!"
Some said "bribe to Head Mistress and go to schoo!, she will cover you up, in case supervisors show up"

The above were the responses from 'caring' colleagues, seniors and associates of which very few said I should do the right thing.

The right thing actually is to resign the Job and go for my education, considering the fact that the job needs my full attention and my education in the university will also need me full-time, it's therefore obviously impossible to meet the need coming from both angles simultaneously.

So I wrote a letter of resignation to that respect some weeks ago, upon which I got a confirmation from N-POWER website yesterday that I have been successfully resigned from the program!

Due to my preparation for school, I had to leave the town and stop working at my PPA since early February.

Some people called me later to inform me against their previous counsel that I had really taken the right step, some also told me that it was indeed a tough step to take considering the economic situation in the country but they prayed and encouraged me that God will see me through!

LESSONS

2. Act right, even if the whole world will tag you as a fool, God's on your side.
4. God will reward all your sacrifices even when men's comments aren't encouraging.

You must have learnt few lessons too about taking the right and uncommon steps, May God back you up as you take the steps to Stand for truth and righteousness. Amen!!!
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by ignis: 9:17am On Mar 13, 2019
Keep blowing your trumpet
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by oldman112(m): 9:18am On Mar 13, 2019
moscobabs:
U are building the type of Nigeria we are dreaming of, I hope others that are into this scheme that have gotten other things to do can take this step.

May God be with u, we shall all enjoy this country together. In Jesus name

The money goes back to whom pocket
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Dino98: 9:26am On Mar 13, 2019
wayisshut:
Then why are you telling us. Are you the first honest or sincere person to have done this. shocked

Ok let me tell you my story. One day around this time last year. I went to visit a friend, coming back I saw a medium sized bag on my way initially I was sceptical, but I decided to open it. Guess what I saw, hundred dollar bills totalling about 60,000 dols. Do you know what that means in this buhari economy? aside from that I saw pants good female pants jewerries and other stuff too good to the eyes.

Immediately i picked it up and then went home. The next day I went to that same spot made a small billboard with my number on it ,thereafter I did an announcement on three national dailies and then did some jingles on air.

Guess what at that point in my life I was passing through some trying moment financially but it never crossed my mind to take the money or sell the pants ( it was female pants anyway).

To cut the long story short I met the owner and voila she got her stuff cool

For real?? Or na bobo??
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Spyrodee: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2019
Nice decision. But I don't think this country is worth such stepyou took. I pray God See's you through your school days
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Jamesayo: 9:42am On Mar 13, 2019
I respect your honesty but I think you have not taken a full researched decision. I'm putting forth my opinion and I stand not to judge you because you have acted based on what you knew best. There are several ways to go about earning and studying... The N-POWER scheme has several loopholes, and if it's a way the same God you profess has designed to solve something for you, you've just used your hands to block it (To know this, ask yourself some truthful questions on how you got into the scheme if right or wrong?). I will wish you understand more the way God himself work when he chooses to bless someone (Reasons we have different levels of Christians). You can read your bible more from his works with blessing Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, gave lands to the children of Israel, etc... God still boasts about their imperfections if not you won't read their imperfections in the Bible.
Like I'd said earlier, you've acted based on the limit of your knowledge, and which is honesty to you, but doesn't give a moral to learn from a bit. You're completely ignorant. You need to learn possibly a mistake you made. In furtherance of your education, you can simply change your PPA, this is normal transfer to where your school is, and you continue your work (Unless you are lazy to work. Classroom activities are not qualifications to being hardworking). I'm sure you will not expect contributions because you stopped being paid from the N-POWER scheme and the scheme continues, it was your "ignorance" that cost you your "moral gain". You've been your only limit to adding N-POWER to your source of income. I won't compare you to anyone or situations but I will wish you go back to your bible and study more the acts of the Living God in Old and New Testaments you claim you've stood for in your decision. For next time, don't act ignorantly, it might cost you more... I hope you have other sources of income aside the N-POWER... Good luck in your future endeavors.

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Yusful131: 9:43am On Mar 13, 2019
UNIQUEISRAEL:

It goes thus:

LESSONS

injury time resignation
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 13, 2019
Eaglefine:
I think you're done with the N-Power already. I thought N-Power last for 2yrs

Enrolled on Dec. 2016 to Dec. 2018

Good decision anyway.

The N-power is originally for 2 years but since election was nearby, they continued so that they will get votes. By May they will end it and only God knows if they will enroll another set.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by wencesolo(m): 9:52am On Mar 13, 2019
But this is year 2019, you have collected 30k for 2years and you are tired of the Enhancement for those enrolled in 2016.
UNIQUEISRAEL:

It goes thus:

LESSONS

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by lapazi(m): 9:54am On Mar 13, 2019
wayisshut:
Then why are you telling us. Are you the first honest or sincere person to have done this. shocked

Ok let me tell you my story. One day around this time last year. I went to visit a friend, coming back I saw a medium sized bag on my way initially I was sceptical, but I decided to open it. Guess what I saw, hundred dollar bills totalling about 60,000 dols. Do you know what that means in this buhari economy? aside from that I saw pants good female pants jewerries and other stuff too good to the eyes.

Immediately i picked it up and then went home. The next day I went to that same spot made a small billboard with my number on it ,thereafter I did an announcement on three national dailies and then did some jingles on air.

Guess what at that point in my life I was passing through some trying moment financially but it never crossed my mind to take the money or sell the pants ( it was female pants anyway).

I dont understand your emphasis on the "Female pant"
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 13, 2019
gulfer:
God bless your future, you're a new generation Nigerian... May God continue o prosper your way cool cool cool

I thought Nairaland has suddenly become "Oyinboland" when I read your comment and amazed at the likes it gathered until I read the savage response below: grin

wayisshut:

Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by sholey4love: 10:08am On Mar 13, 2019
The worst part is after leaving the job for school and at the end you graduated with pass or poor result.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Izychi: 11:04am On Mar 13, 2019
[quote author=BillGoldberg post=76598438]Boy, I must say you are a very big foooooool! Pardon me for being brash! Let me tell you, what you did is technically and morally right! But is it rational? CAPITAL NO! You will soon come to regret your actions boy.

Good must be done always but do you rememeber that we live in a jungle? Nigeria is not a place to be good or live by good. You must grab bread at any given moment. It may sound bad but this is the harsh reality. This is a game of survival of the fittest! The goal here is to stay alive and survive. If not, you will be deleted from existence!
Quote me anywhere.

I pray and wish that you serve a living God who will see through your honesty and reward and protect you! Because when you start facing the harsh realities of life viz a viz sorting of lecturers, buying of text books, payin of hostel fees and departmental dues, sug dues, school fees etc... You will wish you never resigned! The average Nigerian is a thief and will loot you at any instance you loose guard. From your Pastor, Politicians, lecturers, friends, family, Land Lord, Priest etc... All are thieves!

It would have been better you put in someone to replace you or sort your headmiss! So that you will still be on Payroll! That money is important. Its part of your national cake that you just threw away!

I only pray God protects and keeps you. Mind you that what you did is honourable and good. But its not sensible. If you don't have spiritual backing and support, you will regret this in the future.

Take care boy!

Bros your mindset is very wrong. I'm sure you might be one of those that call our leaders thieves.... And praying that Nigeria becomes a better country. But you're as evil as our leaders you hate so much.

Why can't you advice someone to do the right thing just for the sake of doing the right thing?! And if care is not taken, you might be one of those that would want to run away from naija to a "greener pasture or sane country". Those better countries are better because they have people who dont think like you. Learn to do and live right!
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Juventus4life: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2019
UNIQUEISRAEL:

It goes thus:

LESSONS

You see it coming

the N-power program or contract is for a specific period of 2 years and after the years elapsed the program or contract would be terminated.
the 2016 batch their time ended November last year but the federal government decided to prolong the program in order to enable them prepare a special enhancement package for u guys which I blv is politically motivated (i.e because of election).
So now u know at any moment ur contract can be terminated.

fashi, na after u don chop the years u go come the play holy game.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by mechanics(m): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
God will surely see you through.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by Image123(m): 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2019
A muslim turned Christian. If it was those Oluwathis and that Chukwuwhat and Co, David and Hope from birth, most of them will compromise and give excuses and reasons. No fear of God at all.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by DrTims(m): 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2019
Don't mind the OP. He made a terrible mistake. I was also enrolled for my masters when I got the N Power job in 2016. I'm currently enrolled for my Ph.D program at ABU Zaria and I'm still in the program. The money might be small but it's doing a lot for me sad
deewhydoski:
Ops I think u made a mistake of resigning ur job. Must u do ur masters in uniben?...why can't u do your masters in d state u are working. I know doing that it will be easy for u to study and do your job at d same time. Assuming you are a lecturer in a monotechnic and u want to further your study, will u resign from your job?
There are some things we need to apply wisdom to
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by tiwasiaife(m): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
Attention seeker N_power is two yrs 2016_2019 is how many yrs. scammer . even ur name is not pure sef. U want someone to say eyaaa bring ur CV let me help u. Toh u have failed wasted my mb reading this.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by seunjungle1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2019
I must tell you that you're not a serious type at all...must you tell us that you're holly? I thought you wanted to say a reasonable thing that's why I read your 5tupid write up...if you like resign. How can this be anybody's problem.
Motherfucker....bloody attention seeker
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by RYTEBABY: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2019
BillGoldberg:
Boy, I must say you are a very big foooooool! Pardon me for being brash! Let me tell you, what you did is technically and morally right! But is it rational? CAPITAL NO! You will soon come to regret your actions boy.

Quote me anywhere.

Take care boy!

Modified

Wait... I think OP is a petty thief looking for cheap attention and recognition. You got Npower in December 2016 and got admission is December 2018 and resigned. If am correct, Npower is 2 years. That means you are through with it already before you resigned. What were you trying to achieve? Sympathy job? Scammer!
nawaooo Buhari has made us to see abnormal things to be normal. when are we going to start experiencing sincerity and honesty
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by deewhydoski(m): 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
DrTims:
Don't mind the OP. He made a terrible mistake. I was also enrolled for my masters when I got the N Power job in 2016. I'm currently enrolled for my Ph.D program at ABU Zaria and I'm still in the program. The money might be small but it's doing a lot for me sad
A lot oo
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by All4real2: 2:35pm On Mar 13, 2019
ojun50:

so u should learn to do the right tin
did he do the right thing by resigning all in the name of being the most righteous man on earth the question he should answer is,has he sareched himself well to ensure that he is perfect in all aspects of human endeavour because bible made us to udastand that no human being is perfect.if he is perfect as he claimed he is good to go in otherwise it is out of foolishness to embark on such journey.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by All4real2: 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2019
Mr righteous my question is, ever since you started n-power have you been pontual to school, ie u have being going to school from Monday to Friday evry week since since 216 till date and you have never left the school before dismissal time in all of these examine yourself because if you had ever defaulted in any of the above send all the money you have earned back to federal government as you are mr integrity having it in mind that federal award awaits you (GCFR) from Buhari and automatic employment too.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by poseidon12: 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
wayisshut:

You are super honest. Your type of people are rare. Keep it up.
Re: "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) by xavuv: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2019
BillGoldberg:

Quote me anywhere.

Take care boy!

Modified

Wait... I think OP is a petty thief looking for cheap attention and recognition. You got Npower in December 2016 and got admission is December 2018 and resigned. If am correct, Npower is 2 years. That means you are through with it already before you resigned. What were you trying to achieve? Sympathy job? Scammer!

You said it all.

It is very unnecessary of the OP to broadcast his deeds. If he wants some accolades then he has got it. Thats all, just accolades.
Sympathy Job or whatever he hopes to get from his broadcast will never come. He's still a young boy anyway. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job / When You Start Collecting Salary (Photos) / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.