Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,610 members, 7,801,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (1179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4821517 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by apalemighty(m): 10:10pm On Oct 19, 2019
I doubt u are a lawyer. Because if u were, u wouldn't have typed all this. All because a judge said all parties should maintain status quo on a case, to allow one party time to prepare.

muhamm3d:

LOL. I get that people tend to be optimistic and all. But as a lawyer, I will simply opine that status quo ante bellum simply means that the parties should hands off the subject matter of the suit and the status of the parties revert to the time before the suit was instituted. Therefore, in relation to this case, parties return to the status before the test/interview was conducted. Consequently, the parties cannot do anything and any of the parties found wanting will be charged for contempt of court. I know NNPC's legal team knows the effect of such so they wouldn't dare do anything either under ground or above ground.
2ndly, as to the issue of the final judgement of the court. Notwithstanding the ratio decidendi of the court or Even if the court rules that nnpc has the legal and equitable right to cap the age at 28, the petitioner/lawyer may choose to appeal the judgement of the high Court and proceed to the court of appeal and if he is still not satisfied then proceed to the Supreme Court. I'm not trying to be a downer here but knowing the justice system in Nigeria it will probably take a minimum period of 4 to 5 years to proceed from the high court to the Supreme Court. A miracle might happen though cos hey, God is still alive. But I will just advice that if you can keep yourself busy try and do that cos it might take a little bit of time.
Stay believing!

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
4gunners:
Spot on!!! The country is in a mess.
So is the law, if it can jeopardize the lifeline of nnpc and the applicants by stalling this process for even a year, not even extending it to 4/5 as muhamm3d posited.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Chukkkz: 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
"[b]The court in considering the urgent nature of the matter [/b]granted an adjournment for the respondents to regularise their counter."

The consideration of the urgency got me thinking. By Gods grace, they finalise asap on that day without further adjournments
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by muhamm3d: 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
apalemighty:
I doubt u are a lawyer. Because if u were, u wouldn't have typed all this. All because a judge said all parties should maintain status quo on a case, to allow one party time to prepare.

It's crazy out there but don't let this nnpc job consume you. I have seen many people go down this road. Don't let it consume you to the point of thinking you have no option in life. This your comment shows you have seen it as the last thing for you. I just felt I should correct a wrong perception. But hey, if you choose to interpret it like that, good for you. Hope keeps us sane after all

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by 4kingndcountry: 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
I strongly feel we Nairalanders should provoke a social media storm acclaiming the recruitment process as transparent and fair. We should also point to the logical weaknesses of the arguments put forward against it. We should act fast. How can age restrictions be unfair when so many other parastatals do the same? How is this recruitment different? Apart from age, there are certainly some other factors that screen out candidates such as health and physical disabilities, why are those not contested against, after all, we are in Nigeria where it is twice more likely to be victims of these conditions. Let's act fast, we can influence the opinion of the public before it circulates.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gbyms: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
This recruitment will not be cancelled. Mark it. There’s really no use trying to interpret the verdict. Just watch everything play out. Even with the 28th set for verdict, APL would not have been out by then without the court case coming to play so what’s the fuss?. You would have waited still. Your concern should be if you would receive APL.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by VisionE20: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
In a country where government don't easily obey court orders...

The case is dead on arrival from my standpoint.
When NNPC are ready with our appointment letters, they will get to us.

Note: I didn't say NNPC will disobey court order if not granted judgement which is possible but I see NNPC winning this case.
Let's remain hopeful for the best.

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Obasi001(m): 11:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
I thought we had more of engineers on this tread, I no know say lawyers plenty like this. cheesy cheesy

We've won this case already guys, don't allow the peddlers of doom make you believe otherwise. Good will surely triumph!

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2019
So your weekend, you are spending it on arguing? Right? shocked

This is so hillarious, people are cursing and fighting themselves.....Mehn, poverty is not the lack of money, it is the absence of common sense really

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by trilobite: 4:42am On Oct 20, 2019
muhamm3d:

LOL. I get that people tend to be optimistic and all. But as a lawyer, I will simply opine that status quo ante bellum simply means that the parties should hands off the subject matter of the suit and the status of the parties revert to the time before the suit was instituted. Therefore, in relation to this case, parties return to the status before the test/interview was conducted. Consequently, the parties cannot do anything and any of the parties found wanting will be charged for contempt of court. I know NNPC's legal team knows the effect of such so they wouldn't dare do anything either under ground or above ground.
2ndly, as to the issue of the final judgement of the court. Notwithstanding the ratio decidendi of the court or Even if the court rules that nnpc has the legal and equitable right to cap the age at 28, the petitioner/lawyer may choose to appeal the judgement of the high Court and proceed to the court of appeal and if he is still not satisfied then proceed to the Supreme Court. I'm not trying to be a downer here but knowing the justice system in Nigeria it will probably take a minimum period of 4 to 5 years to proceed from the high court to the Supreme Court. A miracle might happen though cos hey, God is still alive. But I will just advice that if you can keep yourself busy try and do that cos it might take a little bit of time.
Stay believing!

Funny enough, people quoting this guy can't point out a flaw in his argument. grin grin
Because it is not the outcome you expect doesn't mean you shouldn't be analytic about it.

I also agree the lawyer is a tool and is in it for his own selfish reasons. NNPC is using the standard Worldwide age for GT recruits, the fact that it might be unfair to you doesn't make it wrong.
Every logically right decision always has people who are disadvantaged by it.

My advice to everyone is right now NNPC = <5% of your thoughts or plans. In fact anything from the Nigerian government should be like that.
It will save you from unnecessary heart ache.
God help our kids.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by hafeezsemzy: 6:55am On Oct 20, 2019
Funny how we let emotions be our guide instead of been factual.
Even with the age limit NNPC has put in place we have more than a million applicants and 9k+ interviewed for the jobs, how many will get the APL?
Like my interviewer mentioned "we are looking for the best of the best".
My point is even when every Nigerian in Nigeria applies, not even 1/7th will get in. So what's the point of not having requirements that includes age?

We just have to revamp our entire education system to meet proper standards not keeping hold of mediocracy.

Sirvingeo:

My dear, I know graduate trainee are for graduates that will be trained . In fact I'm also aware that the age is fair but we shouldn't use international standard to judge national standard. All nation have there own problems and they should map out methods to curb it without international interference. Using age to disqualify graduate is not something that will favour many in Nigeria .Our academic system is not as balance as that of the first world country, so there standard of graduate trainee can never work here.

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by hafeezsemzy: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2019
You want to mock people with your success and you are adding God's name. That's unfair no matter how hateful you feel they are. Nobody is hateful against you except you ask your village people.

Biggerboi:
baba I have to admit u are my favourite personality on this thread...but honestly why all this negativity, why can't some ppl just shut up if they have nothing good to say, seriously there are some ppl on this thread that will be very happy if this recruitment is cancelled, but guess what...it won't, and we will be here to rub our apl on your hateful faces insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by flowwolf09: 8:01am On Oct 20, 2019
The court decision is not complicated. Status quo means to continue with the current state of affairs. Don't forget an accused is not guilty until proven otherwise.

To NNPC this is not even a case at all, the corporation has bigger legal requirements to deal with. Why is it that civil service and judicial officers have retirement age?. Do you expect a justice of the supreme court to serve for only 15 years in their career?

Entry level requirement is set in all organisations. The prosecutor is just mischievous. Elected public offices have age requirements set for them e.g. Presidency is 40 years, Senate and HOR is 30 etc.

Another perspective is that there is no legal precedent or labor laws that prevents a company from setting its recruitment requirements. Thus, this case would be swiftly thrown out.

18 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by apalemighty(m): 8:11am On Oct 20, 2019
Lol.
Let me drop off here. I won't say anything on Ur intuition. IF ONLY U KNEW ME.

LMAO

muhamm3d:

It's crazy out there but don't let this nnpc job consume you. I have seen many people go down this road. Don't let it consume you to the point of thinking you have no option in life. This your comment shows you have seen it as the last thing for you. I just felt I should correct a wrong perception. But hey, if you choose to interpret it like that, good for you. Hope keeps us sane after all

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Slammmmmmmm(m): 8:19am On Oct 20, 2019
flowwolf09:
The court decision is not complicated. Status quo means to continue with the current state of affairs. Don't forget an accused is not guilty until proven otherwise.

To NNPC this is not even a case at all, the corporation has bigger legal requirements to deal with. Why is it that civil service and judicial officers have retirement age?. Do you expect a justice of the supreme court to serve for only 15 years in their career?

Entry level requirement is set in all organisations. The prosecutor is just mischievous. Elected public offices have age requirements set for them e.g. Presidency is 40 years, Senate and HOR is 30 etc.

Another perspective is that there is no legal precedent or labor laws that prevents a company from setting its recruitment requirements. Thus, this case would be swiftly thrown out.

CEO, one percent theory and followers... Where have you been? Hope you're fine?

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2019
Lol, we are making a mountain out of mole hill. I doubt if the management of NNPC is perturbed by that court verdict. When the court say maintain status quo and someone posited, the status quo is that recruitment has advanced and NNPC would issue APL when they are ready. Thereafter, they can go to a higher court to seek interpretation of what "maintain status quo" meant. This is how the legal system works. The verdict was ambiguous

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 20, 2019
To maintain the status quo is to keep things the way they presently are.
Source: wikipedia

This case does not hold water, in fact, there is no case here.
Evil people everywhere shocked
Even if this case is repeated 300 times NNPC will always win even if I'm asked to represent NNPC in court its dead on arrival.
I wonder what the primate wants to achieve with this move.
Dear GTs, anywhere you see a mischievous lawyer, kill him! grin

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 9:47am On Oct 20, 2019
hafeezsemzy:
You want to mock people with your success and you are adding God's name. That's unfair no matter how hateful you feel they are. Nobody is hateful against you except you ask your village people.

Lol I am not responsible for your lack of comprehension so take your frustration elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adeakin777: 9:55am On Oct 20, 2019
There is this cliché that 'maturity is not determined by age'. However, from an empirical study of this thread, it can be deduced that maturity is INDEED determined by age, save for a few exceptions(which are outliers by the way).

SMH.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by apaf(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Certainly NNPC will appeal, why do iu think they employ legal professionals like lawyers in their workforce, even before the advert, they must ve sought legal implication of the advert and found legal backing before opening it to the public na.
Just my own reasoning anyways
klassd:

Crap NNPC will appeal this shitty judgement. How can a lawyer sue NNPC saying 28 years is descrimnatory for Graduate Trainees.

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nnpcstaff2019: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2019
hafeezsemzy:
Funny how we let emotions be our guide instead of been factual.
Even with the age limit NNPC has put in place we have more than a million applicants and 9k+ interviewed for the jobs, how many will get the APL?
Like my interviewer mentioned "we are looking for the best of the best".
My point is even when every Nigerian in Nigeria applies, not even 1/7th will get in. So what's the point of not having requirements that includes age?

We just have to revamp our entire education system to meet proper standards not keeping hold of mediocracy.

These dudes with anti clockwise reasonings in this thread tire me ooo

So nnpc should take the age limit to 40yrs for GTs abii?because u or ur papa don pass 28?
See smelling sentiments...

Do u think that any recruitment process is easy to conduct?
At 28,successful applicants will be productive to the corporation and will yield returns on human capital developments for atleast 30yrs...

So if nnpc employs GT at 40yrs... The reverse will be the case...

We all want Nigeria to grow and compete favourable with other countries
Yet we re d ones dragging it down with our smelling R-zaga mediocrity and sentiments

Remember: for those affected no be ur fault say u pass don 28,but pls NO blame NNPC either...
Thats the best standard practice and business ethic for a healthy economic growth

No forget say d Book of Ecclesiastics 9:11 by the Wisest man on earth ever to live King Solomon talk am say :
I[b] have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.[/b]

It can happen to anybody including me...
That's where the help of the infinitely Divine cosmic intelligence, Hashem Elohim God Almighty plays its role...
Pray to him that time and chances which happeneth to all be at best service to you for your growth not just in this recruitment process but in other realms and dimensions of endeavours of which ultimately, transition (death) will prove it vanity at last

Sorry to digress
Just be happy in the here and now (present moment) do what u can and must do at the present moment and leave the rest to God...
Life doesnt guarantee anyone tomorrow...
Channel ur energy into other things productive
If apl go drop ,nothing fit stop am

Las las am grateful thus far to you oh God
The lord of my soul...
Shalom!

16 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 20, 2019
What you are all talking about?
Don't you know it's a new week?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 20, 2019
Stop argument, even if court dissolved the recruitment and order a fresh at GT age 30-35 , we can still apply, so long as we attended final phase
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Modubabunuye:
Stop argument, even if court dissolved the recruitment and order a fresh at GT age 30-35 , we can still apply, so long as we attended final phase

Do you think we where born to keep applying for NNPC recruitment while they keep cancelling. Dude, have some pride!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by martinsfm(m): 11:27am On Oct 20, 2019
Rafiq2:

Do you think we where born to keep applying for NNPC recruitment while they keep cancelling. Dude, have some pride!
lmaoooo

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2019
@panalyst. I sent you a PM couple of days back. Pls revert. Got info for you.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2019
Rafiq2:

Oga, pride get different levels o...lol

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 11:46am On Oct 20, 2019
fidebbs:
@panalyst. I sent you a PM couple of days back. Pls revert. Got info for you.
I am panalyst2. Can you send me the info also? grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 11:48am On Oct 20, 2019
flowwolf09:

for the first time on this thread,
the propounder of the Access Bank Theory and that of the 1% theory are on same side of the divide...
Even though this thread has seen its glory days, i beg to say that this is indeed, one for the history books

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by VisionE20: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
flowwolf09:

Hello Bro, your 1percent theory trend that year o

Is there still anything like 1percent theory in this recruitment...

...wanna check something...

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sotrue:
Recruitment is not yet officially cancelled by there is a sixty percent chance it would be as they are yet to reach a consensus. I weep for my country Nigeria, who did this to us? Let us keep praying that the plan of the evil ones would not come to pass in this recruitment. Our labour shall never be in vain and we shall reap the fruits of our labour. Fast and pray , the battle is fierce. The first fraud was DPR and the same fraud is about to happen here in a more technical manner. Let us put our faith together as a group and declare a 3 days fasting and prayer if you guys are interested. We fast Monday to Wednesday and I assure us , God would give us victory.

Sotrue:
LARRIDE,

You are very ignorant for making this comment and let me warn you, do not comment on my post ever again. You must be a very rude fellow and I was thinking otherwise until now. This is your last warning.

From your words here,I can see you think like a child , please we are not mates. I did not even apply for supervisor cadre so that should tell you we are not mates. That we joke here sometimes does not mean we should throw caution to the wind when addressing ourselves. I advice you keep yourself busy. I assure you can’t keep half of this same energy you exude here when you see some of us in person. Be guided !

Sotrue:
Well spoken! When I was telling them about prayer and fasting 3 days ago, they thought it was a joke. Day by day, reality will dawn on us. My only prayer is that it will end in praise by God’s grace.

i've found it rather amusing that you attacked and threatened someone in between two of your posts in wich you were supposedly giving us an insight into the right solution to adopt as regarding the current status of the recruitment.

For someone endowed with 'maturity' and giving us a suggestion like the one you gave, it is belived that you have been in the business of 'praying and fasting' for the better part of your life.. If you've always lacked the will and ability to control yourself when you are verbally attacked, it spells lack of self control, that too in a public sphere, i wonder what profit it is to stay away from food in the name of fasting and prayers, and yet lack the will to control your temper and reactions to other peoples behaviour.

For someone in the practice of self deprivation of any form,it is sacrosanct to cultivate the habit of self control and maturity... You accused your assailant of lack of maturity, you displayed a bigger form of what you accused him of. I'll advice to avoid getting triggered so easily.. Its a weakness that spoils sacrifice. Have a wonderful sunday.

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by hafeezsemzy: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2019
You gat nothing on me. Sorry to disappoint you.
Before you start rubbing what you are don't have on people's face.

Biggerboi:

Lol I am not responsible for your lack of comprehension so take your frustration elsewhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.