Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4823629 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gbyms: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
Mitocyan:

Gosh, you got into McKinsey too
The guy just dae make waves. Big ups to mosgoon. Awon goons mi

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by nodetest: 8:18pm On Jul 15, 2019
mosgoon:
yeah. But pls let's end it here before they say I'm derailing the thread again . Anyone interested in them who needs more info on them can send a pm..

Sent you a pm yesterday. Couldn't add you on telegram
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by donifez(m): 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
mmtukur:
Waiting to hear testimonies from those interviewed in Panel 25. I rep Computer Science.
Same Panel ooh.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Tonyewarri: 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
yungmin:

I dey enjoy this thread die. I've never followed a thread on Nairaland like this before. The way arguments spring up is amazing grin grin
It's like bbn and tacha is here.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
mmtukur:
Waiting to hear testimonies from those interviewed in Panel 25. I rep Computer Science.
We dey here, we just park one side dey observe.
Las Las we go dey okay
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2019
Just tell the HR person, Oga you know I know your house...

And my father is FUlani.....

souljar:
Walahi. shocked just imagine dat awkard situation of being the fourth person interviewed with them and the HR needs just 3ppl. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jarus:

Even graduates of MIT, Stanford, Harvard, Caltech hustle for McKinsey. It's in the class of Facebook, Google, Microsoft etc (maybe slightly lower).

There is this Chinese-American guy, Victor Cheng, ex-McKinsey himself, that specializes in coaching grads of even these top schools for interviews of McKinsey, Bain, BCG etc (His site: https://www.caseinterview.com/)

Yh. But for McKinsey Nigeria, they are much more forgiving, a good number of us were from Nigerian universities. But for McKinsey US, UK and similar, Then that applies fully.

Haha, Victor cheng.. I jacked his videos ehn, before my interview. By the way, he has a tutorial recording for case studies for McKinsey and Bain and the likes called LOMS (look over my shoulder) which is very good for McKinsey interviews.. But it's very expensive. I have them though and can send to anyone interested for free. Just send a pm for that strictly.

9 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by uzoexcel(m): 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
Beeam:
Just tell the HR person, Oga you know I know your house...

And my father is FUlani.....

ur sorry attempt @ making a distasteful joke should be booed

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
mosgoon:

Yh. But for McKinsey Nigeria, they are much more forgiving, a good number of us were from Nigerian universities. But for McKinsey US, UK and similar, Then that applies fully.

Haha, Victor cheng.. I jacked his videos ehn, before my interview. By the way, he has a tutorial recording for case studies for McKinsey and Bain and the likes called LOMS (look over my shoulder) which is very good for McKinsey interviews.. But it's very expensive. I have them though and can send to anyone interested for free. Just send a pm for that strictly.

Oh ok.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Greatken007(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
Sorry about that, I wasn't referring to NNPC but on a general standard,every learning here shouldn't be centered on only NNPC,there is another life outside NNPC.
ChasteGhuy:

Lol... Are you the HR Manager in charge of NNPC recruitment? The mail only made mention of CV not exceeding 5 pages... No specification for GT or EH

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by divads(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jarus:

That's true. But Shell has a special career lane, can't remember the name, for high performers they see as the future of the company. He was identified as one within 2 years. He was seconded to an European country for 2 years for more exposure.

You're right on multinational service space - the McKinseys and Goldman Sachs of this world.
Sir. what can you say about Schlumberger entry level, against Nnpc graduate trainee position.

in terms of job security. Salary structure and staff personal development..

I learnt Slb train their recruits Abroad. do they do the upfront pay? do you know how much they pay their field engineers?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by MumJ4J: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Black11:
Guy rest, you'd be forming badoo here dey form meek for shell thread.
After all the McKinsey you go still beg for jarus interview coaching. undecided

The fact that he went for Jarus coaching shows he is the the type that always wants to learn from others; an important trait of great minds. That he is soliciting assistance on the Shell thread also buttresses this fact.

Please let’s enjoy the oil & gas conversations on this thread. Believe me, I have learnt so much on that front in the last 6 pages.

For example, I have never seen the kind of McKinsey interview questions on Jarushub until today. But I have done many interviews in my life. So please let those of us who want to learn enjoy the conversations. These guys are not abusing anybody but just sharing their experiences. Why do you think people write autobiographies?

As a matter of fact, if I were a GT I would be asking mosgoon about the ‘idea hub’ he previously mentioned. Information is what rules this world. Let’s take advantage of it when it is being freely shared.
Thanks

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jarus:

Now this is not to take anything away from NNPC as a very fantastic place to work. If I get a Manager or even DM position there myself, I will take it.

I personally wont take any oil servicing firm, even Schlum, ahead of NNPC for 3 reasons

1. At this stage of my career, if I make a job change, I would like it to be where I would spend almost all the rest of my career. NNPC guarantees that more than oil servicing firms

2. Oil servicing firms are very volatile - they lay off at the slightest issue with oil and gas industry.

3. I'm a support professional (not a core technical person like engineers, geologists etc), we have limited roles in the oil servicing because they don't own oil assets that involve complex finance function.

That said, if I were entry level and a technical person (engineers, geologists etc), and I have offers from NNPC and Schlumberger (not just any oil servicing), I may consider Schlum because of the international brand which can help in penetrating international oil and gas market. I have a friend that moved from Schlumberger Nigeria to Schlumberger UK then to Saudi Aramco.

But generally, NNPC offers more stability and security.

@divads

I answered similar question in the earlier part of this thread
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2019
MumJ4J:

The fact that he went for Jarus coaching shows he is the the type that always wants to learn from others; an important trait of great minds. That he is soliciting assistance on the Shell thread also buttresses this fact.

Please let’s enjoy the oil & gas conversations on this thread. Believe me, I have learnt so much on that front in the last 6 pages.

For example, I have never seen the kind of McKinsey interview questions on Jarushub until today. But I have done so many interviews in my life. So please let those of us who wants to learn enjoy the conversations. These guys are not abusing anybody but just sharing their experiences. Why do you think people write autographs?

As a matter of fact, if I were a GT I would be asking mosgoon about the ‘idea hub’ he previously mentioned. Information is what rules this world. Let’s take advantage of it when it is being freely shared.
Thanks

From what I have seen of the mosgoon guy on this thread, he truly knows his onions. He is versed in job matters.

You may accuse him of exuberance but you can't accuse him of not being a smart dude.

I was like that on Nairaland 10-12 years ago - that young dude that shared interview info everywhere - a happy-go-lucky fresh grad that just finished NYSC and spoiled with jobs.

Interestingly, it was that passion for sharing interview tips/personal experience/experience of friends on NL that earned me "authority" status on career matters, which motivated me to form my own side hustle career firm in 2013. The small firm has a small office and 3 employees today.

Also wrote a book on careers in 2014.

It all started from Nairaland career section in 2007/2008.

I never had any training in career matters. I'm an accountant/economist by training.

34 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by MumJ4J: 9:32pm On Jul 15, 2019

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hmmn, just reading all. Someone said I was lying about my comment on him.. Nawa. I agree with @MumJ4J fully...on traits of great minds. They are not critical or hateful like most people here. That mosgoon guy was so inquisitive when he was asking me about nnpc salary. He tried to gain deep knowledge into what I knew about the oil and gas industry. He wanted to learn. He probably knew Jarus was well connected in the oil and gas industry and wanted to learn from him too.. And people on here are bringing out conspiracy theories. A true first class graduate. What I'm even surprised about is that he didn't even mention what I felt was the most incredible stuff about him on here.when I Googled it, I was shocked

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by divads(m): 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jarus:

@divads

I answered similar question in the earlier part of this thread
Okay bro, Thank you so much for this!!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mitocyan: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
mosgoon:

baba try to continue our chat on pm.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RealisticJ: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Mosgoon my guy...dont be discouraged by the bad belle comments here...many of us are learning something new.

Signed,
Association of Comment Readers

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by eclint(m): 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
aifybuu:
I am Ebonyi too...which local govt and which course??
Make una calm down...we plenty[center][/center] wink
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by AntiMCU: 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jarus:

From what I have seen of the mosgoon guy on this thread, he truly knows his onions. He is versed in job matters.

You may accuse him of exuberance but you can't accuse him of not being a smart dude.

I was like that on Nairaland 10-12 years ago - that young dude that shared interview info everywhere - a happy-go-lucky fresh grad that just finished NYSC and spoiled with jobs.

Interestingly, it was that passion for sharing interview tips/personal experience/experience of friends on NL that earned me "authority" status on career matters, which motivated me to form my own side hustle career firm in 2013. The small firm has a small office and 3 employees today.

Also wrote a book on careers in 2014.

It all started from Nairaland career section in 2007/2008.

I never had any training in career matters. I'm an accountant/economist by training.
I might be wrong but a finance/engineering degree in Nigeria presents lot of opportunities.

Can't say the same for other disciplines.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
AntiMCU:

I might be wrong but a finance/engineering degree in Nigeria presents lot of opportunities.

Can't say the same for other disciplines.

Debatable.

Mutiu Sunmonu, former CEO of Shell Nigeria studied Math and Computer Science.

Ibe Kachikwu, former Vice Chair of ExxonMobil Africa, studied Law.

But generally, engineering rules oil and gas industry because it's a technical industry.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
mosgoon:

.... .

Good conversation so far.

But please edit and delete this post. It is illegal to share someone's copyrighted works.

Until you get express permission from Victor Cheng, you can not advertise to share his works for free. Ethics.

Cheers.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 10:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
when your niggas are winning aka "making it"...don't hate.. regardless of your current situation...that's the first rule I learnt on the street.. be happy for people that are doing well in life, being bitter won't do you any good... life na temporary let's learn to tolerate and celebrate others... a Yoruba adage says "ba olore yo ki ti e le de"... use google translate for that if you don't understand. Good night

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
Mitocyan:

baba try to continue our chat on pm.
sorry. Would continue it late in the night before I sleep. I only clear my mails at selected periods. I already know the person you mentioned so it's a good conversation.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
geektrovert:

But please edit and delete this post. It is illegal to share someone's copyrighted works.

Until you get express permission from Victor Cheng, you can not advertise to share his works for free. Ethics.

Cheers.
oh.. I understand you. But it's more like I'm sharing it with a friend or a relative. Nothing deep. But I get you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mitocyan: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
mosgoon:
sorry. Would continue it late in the night before I sleep. I only clear my mails at selected periods. I already know the person you mentioned so it's a good conversation.

Ok great, would be waiting.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NigelCundy: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
Wow. I must say I am feeling overwhelmed by how far some individuals (especially Jarus and Mosgoon) have gone in their careers and how much they have achieved. I have attended various career talks and seminars, but never have I felt so inspired by what has been shared here so far.
Thank you so much everyone.
While others may not see anything in what you guys are doing, I'd be damned if I fail to appreciate the amazing work.

I am just starting out my career (sociology graduate) and I can only imagine how much I could learn from you since I have already learned so much within a short time.

Dear Mosgoon and Jarus, if you both are willing and opportuned, I'd love to have you as my mentors as I hope to achieve and learn a lot of new things with your help and direction.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
geektrovert:

Cheers.
to add, after I share it with a good number.. Would edit it. Also it's quoted so my edit might not solve anything. That's why I don't want to put something like a Dropbox link here publicly. Would just share it directly. I just want to help lots that might be interested in McKinsey as it helped me greatly. It's a top class material in the management consulting interview coaching world. And is 100k in Naira! Very unaffordable relatively. So once I share with a good number would stop and edit

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
mosgoon:
to add, after I share it with a good number.. Would edit it. Also it's quoted so my edit might not solve anything. That's why I don't want to put something like a Dropbox link here publicly. Would just share it directly. I just want to help lots that might be interested in McKinsey as it helped me greatly. It's a top class material in the management consulting interview coaching world. And is 100k in Naira! Very unaffordable relatively. So once I share with a good number would stop and edit

Good intentions man.

Even in the workplace, we are constantly battling with doing the right thing and doing what is nice.

You know really, it's just like installing a secret camera during one of Jarus coaching sessions after you've paid for it, then sharing the video free to the public. Not everyone can afford the session.

Just saying, if you feel it is right, then it's entirely your call man!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
NigelCundy:
Wow. I must say I am feeling overwhelmed by how far some individuals (especially Jarus and Mosgoon) have gone in their careers and how much they have achieved. I have attended various career talks and seminars, but never have I felt so inspired by what has been shared here so far.
While others may not see anything in what you guys are doing, I'd be damned if I fail to appreciate the amazing work.

I am just starting out my career (sociology graduate) and I can only imagine how much I could learn from you since I have already learned so much within a short time.

Dear Mosgoon and Jarus, if you both are willing and opportuned, I'd love to have you as my mentors as I hope to achieve and learn a lot of new things with your help and direction.

Thank you.

Thanks. But Jarus would be perfect for a mentor oh lol not me. He has years and years of experience. I'm just starting out a career, I also recently graduated and I'm also looking for mentors and people to network with. Networking is key.

But if you are interested in either management science in tech, energy, oil and gas, sustainability, robotics, management consulting, we can share ideas and topical issues.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
NigelCundy:

Thank you.

Bring €400 as sign-up fee

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.