Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,940 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:57 AM

Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" (42192 Views)

Man Unblocks Girlfriend To Inform Her Of His Wedding And Blocks Her Again / Lady Blocks Her Boyfriend & Disappears After He Sent Her ₦2M Instead Of ₦200k / Nigerian Lady Blocks Her Boyfriend On Social Media, To Share Her Cheating Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Bizibi(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
sweetrace:
Smart girl. He was being overly familiar and patronizing. Blocking him is the wisest thing to do. If she had tried to talk with him about it, he would have become unnecessarily offended and made it about gender and status.
if the person is a known celebrity or a wealthy entrepreneur, would she do that?
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
MrsMango:
I think she did the right thing. You don't use the word "dear" anyhow.

What do you think?

Please let's have more views. Thanks.
cheap hoe acting strict, when u r a cheap street hustler. Using the word dear meanings nothing. Bitch
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Bizibi(m): 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
pinkcottoncandy:
No respect

Even barber wan try luck

Why not ...na wetin all these Nawadays ashh dem deserve

Oloko ti de!!
hmmmmm
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Tupacc: 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2019
[s]
Ejimagift:
angry It's annoying social media is making more idiots becoming more popular by the day. People just cook up lies and vague stories to trend and the gullible cyber morons swallow it brainlessly.

The wack idiots called funny toheeb and ikorodu boys who are meant to be in school or learning a trade/skill are also cheered on in their unrivaled stupidity. Until the government regulates social media like Uganda and make people pay per post, silly stuffs like the aforementioned won't leave the cyberspace
[/s]
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 13, 2019
OP, I agree with you. People shouldn't use the word "dear" anyhow but many Nigerians do. Nothing is sacred anymore. Personally, I don't like being called pet names (dear, honey, sweetie, sweetheart, sugar, etc) if I don't know you or we're not close, irrespective of your biological sex

4 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Ferdinandu(m): 1:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
Some people use the word Dear innocently. It is because he is just a Barber. If it is one influential or rich person now, you would see "Thanks so much" with other long epistles of unnecessary mumbo jumbo.Nigerians and class mentality.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by kinibigdeal(m): 2:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
MrsMango:

What do you think?

My Dear, what is wrong with that?
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by sweetrace(f): 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2019
Bizibi:
if the person is a known celebrity or a wealthy entrepreneur, would she do that?

Please, stop being petty. She’s obviously someone who has a great deal of self respect. She’s to be applauded and not ridiculed. If she was your wife, you’d be singing her praises for her action.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2019
Ferdinandu:
Some people use the word Dear innocently. It is because he is just a Barber. If it is one influential or rich person now, you would see "Thanks so much" with other long epistles of unnecessary mumbo jumbo.Nigerians and class mentality.
Nope, me, I wouldn't be moved by him being rich or influential but would nonetheless be uncomfortable being called a pet name. I would request he addresses me by my name. Unless he's my spouse, then he can call me whatever pet name[s] he likes.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by lexy2014: 2:11pm On Mar 13, 2019
MrsMango:

What do you think?

U have concluded that she did d right thing& that "dear" shouldn't b used anyhow. at d same time u are asking 4 more views after drawing ur conclusions
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2019
I once helped a girl..she lost her mom or so...she 2as in dire straits...was really needed help. I gave her close to a million in a short span..supposedly for fees and rent. Guess what she told me in return..

"Go and think about your life. It's just an advice."

Women.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Bizibi(m): 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2019
sweetrace:

Please, stop being petty. She’s obviously someone who has a great deal of self respect. She’s to be applauded and not ridiculed. If she was your wife, you’d be singing her praises for her action.
girls have complimented me like that and I wasn't pissed......she go block tire if she resides in any western nation.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by RedAlert08(m): 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
toydee:
So a compliment with dear has become a big deal..this reminds me of an experience with my Indian madam then who was always complimenting me with honey n sweetheart,I read a different meaning to it n committed a big blunder with her which I regretted..
Pls share your experience with us, let's learn.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by kakale1: 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
[quote author=MrsMango post=76615021]I think she did the right thing. You don't use the word "dear" anyhow.

What do you think?

Please let's have more views. Thanks. She no hear English that is the basic truth . pretence is in women DNA !!!??
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by irumole1975: 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2019
MrsMango:

What do you think?

This thing you just put here is an insult to the constituted authority and your plan to divide Nigeria will not materialize. Right now as we speaks the gods are angry and it'll take exactly 2days 7hrs 32mins 54seconds for them to look at your side again. We're currently mobilizing the thunderstorm that you deserved and that'll strike you without missing target, and You'll get it before midnight. Feel free to contact if you don't get before midnight today
Regards
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by consultancy: 2:24pm On Mar 13, 2019
Ejimagift:
angry It's annoying social media is making more idiots becoming more popular by the day. People just cook up lies and vague stories to trend and the gullible cyber morons swallow it brainlessly.

The wack idiots called funny toheeb and ikorodu boys who are meant to be in school or learning a trade/skill are also cheered on in their unrivaled stupidity. Until the government regulates social media like Uganda and make people pay per post, silly stuffs like the aforementioned won't leave the cyberspace
I didn't know we still had a few wise men on this forum. God bless you brother, cos i have said this years unending, i don even tire

1 Like

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Yusman316(m): 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2019
yeyeboi:
And this sh!t made FP ?? The Mod That Moved This To FP Needs Brain Evaluation sad
Just imaging! And Juventus vs Atletico Madrid didn't make FP yesterday
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by ReeLoaDead(m): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2019
toydee:
So a compliment with dear has become a big deal..this reminds me of an experience with my Indian madam then who was always complimenting me with honey n sweetheart,I read a different meaning to it n committed a big blunder with her which I regretted..
Ha ha ... more details please.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by sacx: 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
She was obviously throwing a banter. But come to think of it, I quite find it awkward having someone I've barely gotten acquainted with referring to me as 'dear' shocked . Since when did we 'dear', ehn?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by zackon(m): 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2019
consultancy:
I didn't know we still had a few wise men on this forum. God bless you brother, cos i have said this years unending, i don even tire

True talk bro .that damn truth

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by nicepoker101(m): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2019
MrsMango:

What do you think?

I see nothing wrong. People just get upset on minor issues.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by mechanics(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2019
hahahaha, it can be taken serious and not, she shouldn't have blocked him, it's matter of correcting him.
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
yeyeboi:
And this sh!t made FP ?? The Mod That Moved This To FP Needs Brain Evaluation sad

Guess you have been banned
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by bigtt76(f): 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2019
So that's what we're saying. On social media calling someone 'dear' means different things to when you address them 'dear' on email or in person. English language is hard o!

toydee:

Yes ooh,I made a move thinking the compliment was a green light.if not that she was mature n that I was very hardworking,my second name would've been sorry..
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by YOUNGEBEN91(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
neweraomo:
That' lady is an immature she goat...dear is just a compliment that I use for people I appreciate so much ...damn some ladies needs to go back to God for brain settings..if na me be the barber ,I won't talk to her again in my life,and look at this stoopid oo saying she did the right thing u deserve this too

looking at that facebook page, I think the name there is Ify Onyegbule. She is a journalist... she anchors the daily report on star fm
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by TroubleMaker47(m): 3:17pm On Mar 13, 2019
Would she have blocked him if he was a well to do stranger? undecided
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by YOUNGEBEN91(m): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2019
looking at that facebook page, I think the name there is Ify Onyegbule. She is a journalist... she anchors the daily report on star fm

1 Like

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by alphaNomega: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2019
DMerciful:
No wonder James Hadley Chase said you can never know with women!
Saw a post how a man complimented a female military officer and they almost beat him to death.
Same female military officers said men should woo them that they deserved to be loved also!
Only Eve knows what she discussed with Satan, nobody can ever know! undecided

Military women are no different from their confused fellow civilians.

1 Like

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by uuzba(m): 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2019
olajohnson5:
"Dear"is just a compliments. he did nothing wrong.
Don't use it anyhow.
In Yorkshire, UK, they use "Love". Eg: Are you ok, Love? Where're you going Love? Can I help you, Love?
But that is more common with the older generation. It is more likely to be said to you by an elder than by your mate. That is their own accepted greeting style.

We here, don't do "dear, dear,,," commonly. So you will definitely be seen as seeking attention or looking for wife to marry.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2019
Forreellinc:
angry and e sure me die say she no even fine sef
Re: Lady Blocks Her Barber On Facebook Because Of A Compliment With "Dear" by Timisamd(m): 3:33pm On Mar 13, 2019
maoolakanm:
IF HE HAD SAID DEAR CUSTOMER WILL SHE HAVE BEEN HAPPY/HAPPIER[b]?[/b]
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Nigerian Boys Propose To Their Pretty White Girlfriends At The Same Time (vid) / My Babe Is Prettier Than Most Instagram Babes. But She Hates The Camera / Man Spends 21 Hours On His Knees Begging His Ex-Girlfriend To Take Him Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.