Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,020 members, 7,806,993 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts (36357 Views)

Govs Planned To Withhold Salaries, Sack Workers If They Didn’t Win Election: EU / Enugu Guber: INEC Lacks Powers To Suspend Collated Results – PDP / Seyi Makinde Visits Obasanjo, Says AGF Lacks Power To Declare Amotekun Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by akinblog: 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2019
On Wednesday, Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha declared that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, lacks the power to withhold his Certificate of Return.

Okorocha described the decision of INEC to withhold his Certificate of Return after being declared winner of the Imo West Senatorial election as unfortunate and unconstitutional.

Speaking at the state’s Government House in Owerri, the state capital, Okorocha claimed that INEC was being used by those fighting to stop him from going to the Senate.

According to the governor, it is only the courts that have the powers to nullify any election after a winner has been declared, insisting that the electoral umpire does not have such power.

He said: “In my own case, my Certificate of Return has not been issued and I wonder why INEC will withhold my Certificate for a frivolous reason, without hearing from me. I am not a violent person and those who know me know that. This is why we have peace in Imo State.

“The Returning Officer could not have done that under duress under the watchful eyes of the Police, DSS and party agents. I am not unmindful of the facts that those who are fighting me from Abuja are anxious to see me removed as a Senator. I urge INEC to do the right thing immediately by releasing my Certificate.

“Let me tell every Nigerian that I fought no one and no one should fight me. If anyone fights me, he will be the loser at the end of it all. My INEC Certificate cannot be touched or seized, doing so is belittling democracy in Nigeria. It is only the Tribunal that has the right to say otherwise once a result is declared. INEC cannot seize my Certificate by mere petition written by somebody in a case I was not given the opportunity to present my own side of the story.”
https://all-gists..com/2019/03/INEC-Cant-Withhold-My-Certificate-Of-Return-Okorocha-Boosts.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by Ratello: 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
This one is still dreaming you better port now before them slam you for prison. Mumu

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by slivertongue: 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2019
ur eye go soon clear

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by eagleeye2: 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
Who is there? please call Abagworo for me so that he can take Okorocha to Yabaleft. his case is beyond becareful.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by baliyubla: 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2019
Is Mr. Iberiberism trying to pass a message to Nigerians by claiming INEC are being used by some certain people to fight him.

Very obvious INEC takes orders from the APC, no wonder the elections were a sham.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by Baawaa(m): 5:49pm On Mar 13, 2019
Okorocha,is not INEC that is dealing with you it is APC that is tackling you

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by akinblog: 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2019
Let wait and see..

Just calm down
Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2019
Okay
Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by ekaette1621: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
Some idiots will blame Buhari for this

2 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by MZEE01: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
Okorocha should go home. That house is not his father's house abeg.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by kenbee(f): 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
Is it today that Rocha's realized APC is INEC and vice-versa?
The worst election in Nigeria History

41 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by tribalistseun: 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2019
See this mumuu

Senator to go and represent which state?

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by fredoooooo: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by potent5(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
Bros eh, go collext am make we see.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by coolestchris(m): 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2019
just be like make I give this man an iberiberism slap, if I slap you, you go turn to a statue with no head..
you want to truncate this democracy...

16 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by kikake: 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
Okorocha Rochas does not deserve to represent his zone in the senate.

Okorocha set development of his Imo West senatorial zone - Orlu - many decades backwards, even suffocated existing govt development projects in the zone because of his private business interests.

Okorocha concentrated on what he frequently calls: "I am building our dear state capital city" to international standard - as if he had ever seen a city of international standard without pipe borne water.
He merely wanted to buy the political class in Owerri zone to get into his political dynasty plan in Imo state, and by extension, in Igbo land.

But he was failed in Owerri zone

This is the road to the Imo state university teaching hospital, Orlu. It has been like this since seven years.
Okorocha and Nwosu rebuilt the roads and gate to Owerri campus of IMSU.

The second photo is the Imo state Fire Service station in Orlu since seven years.
Okorocha and Nwosu built a new fire Service station in Owerri, after demolishing the modern structures of Imo state Fire Service in Owerri.

10 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by chiedu7: 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
Is this one still talking?

Who voted for you,?

3 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by BlackfireX: 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2019
Yes they do according section 419,under paragraph iberiberism adjacent statue....

13 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by MissingBudget: 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
Okoroawusa mad man.

10 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by Abyima(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2019
Okoroausa keep quiet, Narma sho'biri. Na karma dey play instrument for your head. angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by kolafolabi(m): 6:02pm On Mar 13, 2019
Says who? Returning officer laid a complaint that he announced the result under duress.. With that, you are on your own.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by patrickcollins: 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
Oshomole don humble this man, chai he says he is a peaceful man and they should ask those close to him, his brain has been reset.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by fykes(m): 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2019
coolestchris:
just be like make I give this man an iberiberism slap, if I slap you, you go turn to a statue with no head..
you want to truncate this democracy...
Bros calm down na, d one way spirit slap am never clear

20 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by DMerciful(m): 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
Just confessed that APC controls INEC up to rigging presidential election then we can take you serious!

9 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by BusinessHub1: 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
So this man get this kind of “humblity” like dis? shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by Holocene(m): 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2019
Same way you lack power to try installing your son in law as a govt of the state with the highest number of higher of higher degree in Nigeria. Silly man with just an OND in some junk course suddenly felt he could ride on our mentality......damnnn

3 Likes

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by Adecks01(m): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2019
issokay
Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by Temptee101(m): 6:08pm On Mar 13, 2019
grin grin grin

This clown is just a "dramarian"

Soon his iberiberism go clear for em eye

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Lacks Power To Withhold My Certificate Of Return – Okorocha Boosts by lomprico(m): 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2019
Baawaa:
Okorocha,is not INEC that is dealing with you it is APC that is tackling you

Him tell you say him no know?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electoral Act: 67 Senators Sign To Override Buhari / Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cattle In Front Of National Assembly Complex, Abuja / Photo Of Buhari,Gov. Rochas Okorocha And Ngige Laughing So Hard At Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.