Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha (18373 Views)

Lagos Staff Bus Driver Arrested For Causing Lagos Train/Bus Accident / 19 Persons In Search Of ‘Bulletproof’ Charm Die In Auto Crash In Katsina / Speeding Driver Arrested After Knocking Down A Pedestrian In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Zenithsblog(f): 6:20am On Mar 14, 2019
On Wednesday, 13/3/2019 at about 4:30pm,there was a fatal Motor accident involving a Mack tanker with Reg No EFF81XA loaded with kerosene and driven by one Junior Agari ‘m’ aged about 35 years of No 7, Williams Street Aka avenue Efurum ,Delta state.
The Truck driver lost control of the vehicle along service lane upper Iweka Onitsha and knocked down 19 persons.

Police Patrol team attached to CPS Onitsha visited the scene and rushed victims to Toronto hospital Onitsha, where Seven (7) persons comprising of Six males and one woman whose identities are yet to be ascertained were confirmed death by the medical doctor while 12 others are receiving treatment, Corpses are deposited at the hospital morgue for postmortem examination.
Consequently, Suspect was arrested while the truck was recovered and obstruction cleared to enable free flow of traffic in the Area.

Meanwhile, case is under investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

The Public whose relations are missing are enjoined to visit the hospital in order to identify whether victims are relatives please.

SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command.
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/tanker-driver-arrested-after-knocking-down-19-persons-in-onitsha-photos/

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by hisgrace090: 6:29am On Mar 14, 2019
Again!!!
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by ojun50(m): 6:53am On Mar 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Jestin: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2019
Those tanker drivers including that of Dangote can drive recklessly

3 Likes

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by emmabest2000(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2019
Kedu ife na eme na Onicha Ado eekwa?

Chukwu Abiama biko gbadata bia chekwaba umu gi

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Sirpaul(m): 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2019
knock him dowm!.. eye for eye
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by faithfull18(f): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2019
Good.
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Offpoint: 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2019
here
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:09pm On Mar 14, 2019
U see the area has issued as a warning to seller to stay off that particular environment yet they will never listen, the governor chase them all away and instruct task force teams after some months Leta task force became compromised, I was within that area this morning only to see the same task force team parking and damaging any table they can sight give them 2months Leta everything will be forgotten and our mrkt men n women will start selling again.

NB upper iweka express coming down from McC is not conducive for one to be selling anything yet they will never listen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by paymentvoucher: 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
shocked I'm tired of this country Everyday Disaster

Please pick my call Lord, I will manage CANADA

1 Like

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by DayDreamer05(m): 12:10pm On Mar 14, 2019
Every day diaster
Which kain life be this
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2019
Look at how dirty the places is. Tell me how mad people won't be attracted to such a place to perform what they know how to do best.

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by nabegibeg: 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2019
Zenithsblog:
On Wednesday, 13/3/2019 at about 4:30pm,there was a fatal Motor accident involving a Mack tanker with Reg No EFF81XA loaded with kerosene and driven by one Junior Agari ‘m’ aged about 35 years of No 7, Williams Street Aka avenue Efurum ,Delta state.
The Truck driver lost control of the vehicle along service lane upper Iweka Onitsha and knocked down 19 persons.

Police Patrol team attached to CPS Onitsha visited the scene and rushed victims to Toronto hospital Onitsha, where Seven (7) persons comprising of Six males and one woman whose identities are yet to be ascertained were confirmed death by the medical doctor while 12 others are receiving treatment, Corpses are deposited at the hospital morgue for postmortem examination.
Consequently, Suspect was arrested while the truck was recovered and obstruction cleared to enable free flow of traffic in the Area.

Meanwhile, case is under investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.

The Public whose relations are missing are enjoined to visit the hospital in order to identify whether victims are relatives please.

SP Haruna Mohammed PPRO Anambra State Police Command.
For -Commissioner of Police Anambra State

See more: https://zenithnaija.com/tanker-driver-arrested-after-knocking-down-19-persons-in-onitsha-photos/

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by MyGeneration(m): 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2019
I won't lie Onitsha is heavily congested. HEAVILY I REPEAT.

It will take a real professional to drive from 2nd Niger bridge to the outskirts of Onitsha without hitting anybody.

5 Likes

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by tayo4ng(m): 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2019
God we are in your hand. Anybody who went and come back safely wouldn't know wat God did for him or her.may God continue to protect us

4 Likes

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Princemalu: 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2019
Hmmm, all this talker drivers sef

And to those above me thanking God over life
Please stop being delusional
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by emenezer(m): 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
19? Was he on a terror Misson?
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by emenezer(m): 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
19? Was he on a terror Misson?
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Timoleon(m): 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2019
Nigerians no go ever hear word! They must shade market for road. Our roads are already dangerous enough as it is. However,we make it more complicated when we don't respect other traffic users. Some of the worst offenders in Nigeria are those who believe that if their goods don't take up one lane of the road, they won't make sales. Yes a lot of these trucks and their drivers need to be reevaluated and decisions made whether they are road worthy or not, some of these roadside sellers have been known to be the cause of some of the derailments, accidents and inevitably loss of lives and properties.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:15pm On Mar 14, 2019
paymentvoucher:
shocked I'm tired of this country Everyday Disaster

Please pick my call Lord, I will manage CANADA

Na u dey manage Canada abi na Canada go manage you undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by OsuGanja(m): 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
Jestin:
Those tanker drivers including that of Dangote can drive recklessly

Those Dangote drivers worse pass... Where I am in Ijebu them plenty... If you Dey on top bike wey you hear them horn it’s best you instruct the bike man to park well and let them go or else you’ll be looking at your body from heaven in seconds
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by bluefilm: 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2019
Ofu upper iweka onicha nkea!

O di egwu o. embarassed
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by emenezer(m): 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2019
19? Was he on a terror Misson?u
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by Mutemenot(m): 12:20pm On Mar 14, 2019
Very sorry. The dead and the living should be evacuated from Toronto hospital. Their bills aren't to an average Nigerian
Re: Tanker Driver Arrested After Knocking Down 19 Persons In Onitsha by mrkings84(m): 12:22pm On Mar 14, 2019
Heavenly father, pls take away this calamity called buhari from us, Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BRT Driver Who Crashed Into Train Arraigned For Manslaughter / How Can I Travel 4rm Nigeria To Liberia By Road / My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.