Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... (4759 Views)

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) / What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook / Are You Eating Unclean Meat? Are You Following God Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 6:37am On Mar 14, 2019
If they have been then...

1. We can have other gods before Him
2. We can worship idols
3. We can blaspheme
4. We can forget the sabbath and not keep it holy
5. We can dishonor our mother and father
6. We can murder
7. We can committ adultery
8. We can steal
9. We can lie
10. We can covet....

What is sin according to God's Word? Sin is the transgression of His LAW (1 John 3:4). This is New Testament. Apparently the Law was still applicable after the death of Christ. Every author of the NT observed the Law (Torah), yes, even Paul who many twist his writings to their own destruction (2 Peter 3:16).

Every author of the NT, even Christ himself observed the Sabbath, abstained from unclean foods and observed the Feast Days.
We in the church have been taught that the sabbath is Sunday, anything we eat is clean, and to worship false gods like Ishtar (easter) and Nimrod (christmas). These are satanic folly days, rooted in Babylon worship. It's time for the deception to end. Yah is honoring those who are waking up in these end times to follow His laws, His statutes and His commandments. They are good and perfect and changeth not. Amen.

cc: Dencotext -- There is PHYSICAL ISRAEL. Then there is SPIRITUAL ISRAEL. If there were not, then you wouldn't see in the scriptures Jew (Israelites) and Gentile. Natural and Wild Branches. Circumcision and Uncircumcision. If PHYSICAL ISRAEL didn't matter, then the 144K wouldn't comprise of the 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL. Nor would each gate for every righteous believer, Israelite or otherwise, to enter the New Jerusalem comprise of the 12 TRIBES OF ISREAL. Don't go by what you've been taught. Go by what thus sayeth the LORD. Apparently PHYSICAL ISRAEL still matters much to Him and He has not forgotten them. Not now not ever. Read Jeremiah 31. ALL OF IT. Particularly 31:36-37, and all of its precepts. I noticed you used the word "Israelis". There is no such thing as "Israelis". The Bible carries no such word. Abba father gave His chosen the name ISRAELITES which is in the Bible. Based on your reply, you still haven't grasped that the people occupying the Holy Land are gentiles/ "Israelis", NOT ISRAELITES. "Israelis" observe the satanic Talmud, Israelites observe the TORAH (Law) because it was entrusted to them as a nation from the times of Moses as a springboard to spread the gospel of Christ to the world. Big difference. Satan always uses a counterfeit (Israelis) to imitate the real (Israelites).

cc: EMILO2STAY -- Did you read "THE LAW SHALL GO FORTH FROM ZION AND THE WORD OF THE LORD FROM JERUSALEM" (Isa 2:3, Mic 4:2)? Read frontward and backwards for its fuller context. These are God's words, not mine. What does this particular scripture mean to you?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by orisa37: 6:56am On Mar 14, 2019
Good Discuss.
God's Law and Word continue to be the World's Syllabus for our Light, Goodness and Life.
Without it, the World would have collapsed completely with or without Noah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 7:39am On Mar 14, 2019
orisa37:
Good Discuss.
God's Law and Word continue to be the World's Syllabus for our Light, Goodness and Life.
Without it, the World would have collapsed completely with or without Noah.

Thank you brother! I had to create this thread separately as to not detract from an unrelated thread where this original discussion began.
The Law (Torah), the first 5 books of the Bible is basically the Word of God. Everything else is an extrapolation of it, and the stories of the repeated breaking of it by Yah's disobedient chosen who was to be a light to the world by observing this Law! The Law even points to Christ. The 7 Feast Days represent Yah's redemptive plan for ALL MANKIND through the MESSIAH! I'm feeling like King David right now when he wrote Psalm 119...how I love God's Law! Is it a coincidence that Psalm 119, a love letter specifically about God's law, just also happens to be the LONGEST Psalm? I don't think so... grin

We've been brainwashed to believe the Law is bad, wicked and unjust.

But according to God, the LAW is good, holy and just! (Rom 7:12). The exact opposite!

We've been brainwashed to believe the Law is soooo burdensome.

But according to God, the LAW is NOT burdensome (1 John 5:3). The exact opposite!

We've been brainwashed to believe the Law was imperfect and had to be "done away with".

But according to God, the LAW was not only perfect, but it makes the testimony of Yah trustworthy, revives the soul, making the simple wise (Psa 19:7). The exact opposite!

We've been brainwashed in the church to believe the Law is this horrible, burdensome, imperfect thing which was impossible to keep. However, when I read what God himself says about HIS LAW, the Law is exalted and praised....highly spoken of and well regarded, even well into the New Testament. There is so much confusion about Yah's beautiful Law, which I've found is based mainly in the misunderstanding of Paul's writings (ironically enough, the same man who penned Rom 7:12 above). They never stop to think that this same Paul rushed to Jerusalem from his evangelism to observe the Feast Days, and made animal sacrifice to undergo a Nazarite vow (all part of the LAW).

Blessings to you!
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by orisa37: 8:03am On Mar 14, 2019
The Atheist of this World is our Adversary.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:12am On Mar 14, 2019
providence338:

2. We can worship idols
3. We can blaspheme
6. We can murder
8. We can steal
9. We can lie
10. We can covet....

What is sin according to God's Word? Sin is the transgression of His LAW (1 John 3:4). This is New Testament. Apparently the Law was still applicable after the death of Christ. Every author of the NT observed the Law (Torah), yes, even Paul who many twist his writings to their own destruction (2 Peter 3:16).

Every author of the NT, even Christ himself observed the Sabbath, abstained from unclean foods and observed the Feast Days.
We in the church have been taught that the sabbath is Sunday, anything we eat is clean, and to worship false gods like Ishtar (easter) and Nimrod (christmas). These are satanic folly days, rooted in Babylon worship. It's time for the deception to end. Yah is honoring those who are waking up in these end times to follow His laws, His statutes and His commandments. They are good and perfect and changeth not. Amen.

cc: Dencotext -- There is PHYSICAL ISRAEL. Then there is SPIRITUAL ISRAEL. If there were not, then you wouldn't see in the scriptures Jew (Israelites) and Gentile. Natural and Wild Branches. Circumcision and Uncircumcision. If PHYSICAL ISRAEL didn't matter, then the 144K wouldn't comprise of the 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL. Nor would each gate for every righteous believer, Israelite or otherwise, to enter the New Jerusalem comprise of the 12 TRIBES OF ISREAL. Don't go by what you've been taught. Go by what thus sayeth the LORD. Apparently PHYSICAL ISRAEL still matters much to Him and He has not forgotten them. Not now not ever. Read Jeremiah 31. ALL OF IT. Particularly 31:36-37, and all of its precepts. I noticed you used the word "Israelis". There is no such thing as "Israelis". The Bible carries no such word. Abba father gave His chosen the name ISRAELITES which is in the Bible. Based on your reply, you still haven't grasped that the people occupying the Holy Land are gentiles/ "Israelis", NOT ISRAELITES. "Israelis" observe the satanic Talmud, Israelites observe the TORAH (Law) because it was entrusted to them as a nation from the times of Moses as a springboard to spread the gospel of Christ to the world. Big difference. Satan always uses a counterfeit (Israelis) to imitate the real (Israelites).

cc: EMILO2STAY -- Did you read "THE LAW SHALL GO FORTH FROM ZION AND THE WORD OF THE LORD FROM JERUSALEM" (Isa 2:3, Mic 4:2)? Read frontward and backwards for its fuller context. These are God's words, not mine. What does this particular scripture mean to you?
you did not answer my question. the bible clearly stated that the law was a shadow of things a better covenant. I really don't even have time to go into all this now. I do not doubt you that those in Israel now are fake jews like I said I agree with almost every thing u said. seems to me that you are a seventh day Adventist.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
you did not answer my question. the bible clearly stated that the law was a shadow of things a better covenant. I really don't even have time to go into all this now. I do not doubt you that those in Israel now are fake jews like I said I agree with almost every thing u said. seems to me that you are a seventh day Adventist.

I'm not a Jehovah Witness nor 7th Day.
These are cults. Their messiah is Charles Taze Russell (freemason), and Ellen G. White (false prophet).

I'm a follower of the Way (Acts 9:2, 22:4, 24:14). Plain and simple.
I try my best to follow the Way of Christ, as shown by the early church, going as far back as the first assembly in wilderness (Acts 7:38).

The Law ALWAYS pointed to Christ. He was literally the walking Torah. This is what he meant when he said he didn't come to abolish the Law, but he FULFILLED it. His thoughts, deeds, actions and words, embodied the Law. If we're to follow him, then we should embody the Law as well.

The death, burial and resurrection of Yahshua, the shed blood of the Lamb is the BETTER COVENANT. He represented a permanent, spiritual and perpetual sacrifice that through him is the remission of our sins...and not the imperfect blood of animals which was only temporary...a shadow of the permanent blood atonement of Christ.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE LAW IS DONE AWAY WITH.

This does not mean the Sabbath -- which is a weekly dress rehearsal of the coming Millennial Reign rest is done away with.
This does not mean abstaining from unclean foods which harms our bodies is done away with.
This does not mean the Feast Days, which points to the Death, Burial, Resurrection of Christ (Passover), the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Pentecost), the Glorious Return of the Lion of Judah (Feast of Trumpets), his Judgement on the nations (Day of Atonement) and Kingship (Feast of Tabernacles) is done away with.

God told us that these are HIS FEASTS...not the feasts of the Jews, gentiles, Israelites, the church, etc...but HIS FEASTS (Lev 23:2).

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2019
providence338:

These are cults. Their messiah is Charles Taze Russell (freemason), and Ellen G. White (false prophet).

I try my best to follow the Way of Christ, as shown by the early church, going as far back as the first assembly in wilderness (Acts 7:38).

The Law ALWAYS pointed to Christ. He was literally the walking Torah. This is what he meant when he said he didn't come to abolish the Law, but he FULFILLED it. His thoughts, deeds, actions and words, embodied the Law. If we're to follow him, then we should embody the Law as well.

The death, burial and resurrection of Yahshua, the shed blood of the Lamb is the BETTER COVENANT. He represented a permanent, spiritual and perpetual sacrifice that through him is the remission of our sins...and not the imperfect blood of animals which was only temporary...a shadow of the permanent blood atonement of Christ.

This does not mean the Sabbath -- which is a weekly dress rehearsal of the coming Millennial Reign rest is done away with.
This does not mean abstaining from unclean foods which harms our bodies is done away with.
This does not mean the Feast Days, which points to the Death, Burial, Resurrection of Christ (Passover), the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Pentecost), the Glorious Return of the Lion of Judah (Feast of Trumpets), his Judgement on the nations (Day of Atonement) and Kingship (Feast of Tabernacles) is done away with.

God told us that these are HIS FEASTS...not the feasts of the Jews, gentiles, Israelites, the church, etc...but HIS FEASTS (Lev 23:2).
lol you contradict your self. and yes the sabbath is done away with together with abstinence from unclean food.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Romans 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 2:49am On Mar 15, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
lol you contradict your self. and yes the sabbath is done away with together with abstinence from unclean food.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Romans 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Everything I've quoted was from the Bible. So no, I did not contradict myself. This is simply a matter of understanding what the Bible is saying. All the pieces must fit. Paul EXHORTED the Law, as the Bible proves by his own words and actions. He never opposed the Law, which is what the modern churches are insisting. So let's took a closer look at why there's so much confusion about his writings....

First thing to understand is Paul's audience is VERY DIFFERENT from the audience of the other apostles. Paul was appointed by Yah to be an apostle to the gentile nations in the previous book of Acts. The tone of his letters/writings vastly differ from the apostles whose audience were other Israelites who already had a firm cultural, historical and contextual grasp of the Law..the Law was more than just a religion to the Israelites, this was their culture.

This explains why John said the commandments (Law) are a GOOD thing...they aren't burdensome (1 John 5:3), and this is how we show our love and obedience to Yahshua and the Father (John 14:21). James referred to the Law as "perfect" (Jam 1:25) and "royal" (2:8 ) if one fulfills it as Christ did. The Israelites needed an example of how to properly follow the Law...and Yahshua set that example not only for them, but for ALL of us.

Romans Chapter 14 is Paul's gentle rebuke to the Law-familiar Israelites who were now worshipping in their synagogues side-by-side with NEWLY CONVERTED GENTILE ROMANS INTO THE FAITH. These gentiles didn't just accept Yahshua and that was it...scripture proves they were to be taught the Law every sabbath as they grew INTO THE FAITH (read all of Acts 15, esp v.19-21). These are those who Paul said were "weak in the faith", and the Israelites shouldn't judge them or be a stumbling block as they grow stronger INTO THE FAITH. You can imagine how a Roman eating otherwise clean food but sacrificed to Diana would cause confusion. Or how a Greek vegetarian or former drunkard would be confused on how to properly partake of the meat-and-wine-laden Passover. If I as a Hausa converted INTO THE FAITH, but still esteemed the Durbar Festival of my ancestors, Paul is saying this shouldn't be a point of contention since I'm still "weak in the faith". A stronger gentile would likely eventually forsake any ancestral festivals since they're likely rooted in pagan worship. This is where wisdom comes in for those stronger in the faith (Israelites) to be patient and long-suffering as this poses a huge clash of very different cultures who want serve Yahshua but still esteem their own cultural observances. So no, the Sabbath, which is HOW THE GENTILES WERE GOING TO LEARN THE WAY OF CHRIST IN THE FIRST PLACE (Acts 15:21), isn't the esteemed days spoken of here. Unsanctified food like swine isn't even on the table here. "All" in this chapter doesn't mean "all", is consumption of human, rat or cockroach "clean"? All the food and drink mentioned here are all within what God had already sanctified as CLEAN, Paul is not giving the gentiles license to eat OUTSIDE OF THE FAITH.

Regarding Matthew 15...read from the beginning up to v.20. Yahshua is rebuking stiff-necked pharisees WHO NEVER OBSERVED TORAH. THEY OBSERVED TRADITIONS OF MEN (v. 3, 6, 9). Big difference. If you pay attention, you'll see that Yahshua actually QUOTED THE LAW AND HIGHLIGHTED HOW THE PHARISEES WERE BREAKING IT in those verses.

I was always taught the pharisees were burdensome law keepers. Careful examination of the scriptures show the exact opposite...the passages in v. 3-6 is just one of many throughout the Bible which prove that they never upheld the Law in the first place. They were teaching their own traditions, which were leading the Israelites astray (v.14). This is why Christ was needed to show them (us) HOW to uphold the Law, in truth, love and righteousness, something the pharisees never had.

2 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by TVSA: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2019
Jesus observed the sabbath?

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2019
providence338:

Everything I've quoted was from the Bible. So no, I did not contradict myself. This is simply a matter of understanding what the Bible is saying. All the pieces must fit. Paul EXHORTED the Law, as the Bible proves by his own words and actions. He never opposed the Law, which is what the modern churches are insisting. So let's took a closer look at why there's so much confusion about his writings....

First thing to understand is Paul's audience is VERY DIFFERENT from the audience of the other apostles. Paul was appointed by Yah to be an apostle to the gentile nations in the previous book of Acts. The tone of his letters/writings vastly differ from the apostles whose audience were other Israelites who already had a firm cultural, historical and contextual grasp of the Law..the Law was more than just a religion to the Israelites, this was their culture.

This explains why John said the commandments (Law) are a GOOD thing...they aren't burdensome (1 John 5:3), and this is how we show our love and obedience to Yahshua and the Father (John 14:21). James referred to the Law as "perfect" (Jam 1:25) and "royal" (2:8 ) if one fulfills it as Christ did. The Israelites needed an example of how to properly follow the Law...and Yahshua set that example not only for them, but for ALL of us.

Romans Chapter 14 is Paul's gentle rebuke to the Law-familiar Israelites who were now worshipping in their synagogues side-by-side with NEWLY CONVERTED GENTILE ROMANS INTO THE FAITH. These gentiles didn't just accept Yahshua and that was it...scripture proves they were to be taught the Law every sabbath as they grew INTO THE FAITH (read all of Acts 15, esp v.19-21). These are those who Paul said were "weak in the faith", and the Israelites shouldn't judge them or be a stumbling block as they grow stronger INTO THE FAITH. You can imagine how a Roman eating otherwise clean food but sacrificed to Diana would cause confusion. Or how a Greek vegetarian or former drunkard would be confused on how to properly partake of the meat-and-wine-laden Passover. If I as a Hausa converted INTO THE FAITH, but still esteemed the Durbar Festival of my ancestors, Paul is saying this shouldn't be a point of contention since I'm still "weak in the faith". A stronger gentile would likely eventually forsake any ancestral festivals since they're likely rooted in pagan worship. This is where wisdom comes in for those stronger in the faith (Israelites) to be patient and long-suffering as this poses a huge clash of very different cultures who want serve Yahshua but still esteem their own cultural observances. So no, the Sabbath, which is HOW THE GENTILES WERE GOING TO LEARN THE WAY OF CHRIST IN THE FIRST PLACE (Acts 15:21), isn't the esteemed days spoken of here. Unsanctified food like swine isn't even on the table here. "All" in this chapter doesn't mean "all", is consumption of human, rat or cockroach "clean"? All the food and drink mentioned here are all within what God had already sanctified as CLEAN, Paul is not giving the gentiles license to eat OUTSIDE OF THE FAITH.

Regarding Matthew 15...read from the beginning up to v.20. Yahshua is rebuking stiff-necked pharisees WHO NEVER OBSERVED TORAH. THEY OBSERVED TRADITIONS OF MEN (v. 3, 6, 9). Big difference. If you pay attention, you'll see that Yahshua actually QUOTED THE LAW AND HIGHLIGHTED HOW THE PHARISEES WERE BREAKING IT in those verses.

I was always taught the pharisees were burdensome law keepers. Careful examination of the scriptures show the exact opposite...the passages in v. 3-6 is just one of many throughout the Bible which prove that they never upheld the Law in the first place. They were teaching their own traditions, which were leading the Israelites astray (v.14). This is why Christ was needed to show them (us) HOW to uphold the Law, in truth, love and righteousness, something the pharisees never had.

you need to be care full of what you preach madam. you seem like an intelligent person. Christ should be your focus not this old laws of moses you are preaching.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

digest this scriptures and leave that thing your preaching it is not needed in this Christian era.

2 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2019
TVSA:
Jesus observed the sabbath?

Yes dear.

Every day of his life. wink

Luke 4:16.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2019
providence338:

2. We can worship idols
3. We can blaspheme
6. We can murder
8. We can steal
9. We can lie
10. We can covet....

Does it mean the Apostles were wrong to tell the Gentile Christians not to observe the Mosaic Laws as per Acts 15?

Acts 15 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

1 Then came down certain from Judea, and taught the brethren, saying, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 And when there was great dissension, and disputation by Paul and Barnabas against them, they ordained that Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the Apostles and Elders about this question.

3 Thus being brought forth by the Church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles, and they brought great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the Church, and of the Apostles and Elders, and they declared what things God had done by them.

5 But said they, certain of the sect of the Pharisees, which did believe, rose up, saying that it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.

6 Then the Apostles and Elders came together to look to this matter.

7 And when there had been great disputation, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Ye men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago, among us God chose out me, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the Gospel, and believe.

8 And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, in giving unto them the holy Ghost even as he did unto us.

9 And he put no difference between us and them, after that by faith he had purified their hearts.

10 Now therefore, why tempt ye God, to lay a yoke on the disciples’ necks, which neither our fathers, nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe, through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, even as they do.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and heard Barnabas and Paul, which told what signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles by them.

13 And when they held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me.

14 Simeon hath declared, how God first did visit the Gentiles, to take of them a people unto his Name.

15 And to this agree the words of the Prophets, as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the Tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and the ruins thereof will I build again, and I will set it up.

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom my Name is called, saith the Lord which doeth all these things.

18 From the beginning of the world, God knoweth all his works.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, seeing he is read in the Synagogues every Sabbath day.

22 Then it seemed good to the Apostles and Elders with the whole Church to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: to wit, Judas whose surname was Barsabas, and Silas, which were chief men among the brethren,

23 And wrote letters by them after this manner, THE APOSTLES, and the Elders, and the brethren, Unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch, and in Syria, and in Cilicia, send greeting.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

25 It seemed therefore good to us, when we were come together with one accord, to [send] chosen men unto you, with our beloved Barnabas and Paul.

26 Men that have given up their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, which shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the holy Ghost, and to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these necessary things.

29 That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 Now when they were departed, they came to Antioch, and after that they had assembled the multitude, they delivered the Epistle,

31 And when they had read it, they rejoiced for the consolation.

32 And Judas and Silas being Prophets, exhorted the brethren with many words, and strengthened them.

33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace of the brethren unto the Apostles.

34 Notwithstanding Silas thought good to abide there still.

35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others the word of the Lord.

36 But after certain days, Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us return and visit our brethren in every city, where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.

37 And Barnabas counseled to take with them John, called Mark.

38 But Paul thought it not meet to take him unto their company, which departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.

39 Then were they so stirred, that they departed asunder one from the other, so that Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus.

40 And Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended of the brethren unto the grace of God.

41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, establishing the Churches.

4 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by kpas4kpas: 7:54am On Mar 16, 2019
providence338:

My brother you better research very well before concluding in every words of your month because you must give account of your words and actions. Seventh-Day adventist is not a cult and can never be; They are the REMNANT Church. I invite to worship with us today to know the truth and clear your doubts and be set free. John 8: 32
s

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 12:55am On Jul 17, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

you need to be care full of what you preach madam. you seem like an intelligent person. Christ should be your focus not this old laws of moses you are preaching.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Galatians 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

digest this scriptures and leave that thing your preaching it is not needed in this Christian era.

Greetings EMILO2STAY,

4 months ago, I was in the middle of posting a line-by-line response to your post when I found myself going into labor haha grin
I now have a 4month old bouncing baby boy, and he's been keeping me quite busy all this while. I wanted to respond now that I have some time.. my lengthy reply has since vanished but I'll try to summarize.

In short, the hypocritical pharisees preached a false works-based salvation gospel to the newly minted gentile church of Galatia.
These are the same pharisees you mentioned in your previous post about Matthew 15.

Remember, Jesus strongly rebuked the pharisees, NOT BECAUSE THEY KEPT THE LAW, BUT THEY IN FACT BROKE IT.
I showed you scriptural proof of how Jesus said the pharisees:

TRANSGRESSED the law (Matt 15:3)
Nullified God's law by their own commandments (Matt 15:6)
Didn't teach God's commandments, but commandments of men (Matt 15:9)

This is the same sect which preached throughout the new churches that in order to be saved, men needed to be circumcised (Acts 15:1).
This is wrong. Salvation comes by grace from Jesus alone (Acts 15:11).
The church Paul established in Galatia which originally understood it took FAITH to receive salvation, reverted to this false doctrine of salvation by WORKS (circumcision).
The entire book of Galatians is Paul's rebuke to the church for receiving the pharisees works-based message for salvation (circumcision), instead of a faith-based one.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE GALATIANS WERE TO DO AWAY WITH THE LAW. PAUL NEVER PREACHED THAT, AND HE WOULD REBUKE YOU AND THE MODERN CHURCH FOR MISCHARACTERIZING HIS MESSAGE. HE SIMPLY PREACHED GRACE IS WHAT SAVES YOU, NOT THE LAW.

We don't observe the law to attain salvation. We observe the law BECAUSE of our salvation. Do you understand now?

I would likewise challenge you to be VERY CAREFUL for relegating the MOST HIGH'S LAWS, STATUTES AND COMMANDMENTS to just a "thing". The law existed long before Moses (Gen 26:5), and shall continue well into eternity (Psalm 119:160).

Now where are the scriptures where Christ said we should celebrate his birthday?
And that his birthday is Dec 25?
Or that Sunday is the Sabbath?

2 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 1:55am On Jul 17, 2019
OkCornel:

Does it mean the Apostles were wrong to tell the Gentile Christians not to observe the Mosaic Laws as per Acts 15?

Acts 15 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)

1 Then came down certain from Judea, and taught the brethren, saying, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 And when there was great dissension, and disputation by Paul and Barnabas against them, they ordained that Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the Apostles and Elders about this question.

3 Thus being brought forth by the Church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles, and they brought great joy unto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the Church, and of the Apostles and Elders, and they declared what things God had done by them.

5 But said they, certain of the sect of the Pharisees, which did believe, rose up, saying that it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the Law of Moses.

6 Then the Apostles and Elders came together to look to this matter.

7 And when there had been great disputation, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Ye men and brethren, ye know that a good while ago, among us God chose out me, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the Gospel, and believe.

8 And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, in giving unto them the holy Ghost even as he did unto us.

9 And he put no difference between us and them, after that by faith he had purified their hearts.

10 Now therefore, why tempt ye God, to lay a yoke on the disciples’ necks, which neither our fathers, nor we were able to bear?

11 But we believe, through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved, even as they do.

12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and heard Barnabas and Paul, which told what signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles by them.

13 And when they held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me.

14 Simeon hath declared, how God first did visit the Gentiles, to take of them a people unto his Name.

15 And to this agree the words of the Prophets, as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the Tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and the ruins thereof will I build again, and I will set it up.

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles upon whom my Name is called, saith the Lord which doeth all these things.

18 From the beginning of the world, God knoweth all his works.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them of the Gentiles that are turned to God,

20 But that we send unto them, that they abstain themselves from filthiness of idols, and fornication, and that is strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, seeing he is read in the Synagogues every Sabbath day.

22 Then it seemed good to the Apostles and Elders with the whole Church to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas: to wit, Judas whose surname was Barsabas, and Silas, which were chief men among the brethren,

23 And wrote letters by them after this manner, THE APOSTLES, and the Elders, and the brethren, Unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch, and in Syria, and in Cilicia, send greeting.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us, have troubled you with words, and cumbered your minds, saying, Ye must be circumcised and keep the Law: to whom we gave no such commandment,

25 It seemed therefore good to us, when we were come together with one accord, to [send] chosen men unto you, with our beloved Barnabas and Paul.

26 Men that have given up their lives for the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, which shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the holy Ghost, and to us, to lay no more burden upon you, than these necessary things.

29 That is, that ye abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and that that is strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

30 Now when they were departed, they came to Antioch, and after that they had assembled the multitude, they delivered the Epistle,

31 And when they had read it, they rejoiced for the consolation.

32 And Judas and Silas being Prophets, exhorted the brethren with many words, and strengthened them.

33 And after they had tarried there a space, they were let go in peace of the brethren unto the Apostles.

34 Notwithstanding Silas thought good to abide there still.

35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others the word of the Lord.

36 But after certain days, Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us return and visit our brethren in every city, where we have preached the word of the Lord, and see how they do.

37 And Barnabas counseled to take with them John, called Mark.

38 But Paul thought it not meet to take him unto their company, which departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work.

39 Then were they so stirred, that they departed asunder one from the other, so that Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus.

40 And Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended of the brethren unto the grace of God.

41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, establishing the Churches.

Greetings OkCornel

Please see my reply above to EMILOSTAY2. I explain the CONTEXT in which Paul wrote Acts 15.

A sect of Israelite pharisees (who the Bible says kept NOT the law) were going around in their pride commanding gentiles who knew NOTHING of the Hebrew laws, statutes and commandments to go get circumcised IN ORDER TO BE SAVED (Act 15:1).

That's not only unscriptural, it was undoing the hard work of the apostles, hindering the spread of the gospel by causing confusion. Paul's rebuke letter to the Galatia church is just one of many examples.

Acts 15 highlights the council held by the apostles on how to address this growing concern.

Paul here is saying that the gentiles need not circumcision (or any works for that matter) to be saved.
He reiterated they needed only GRACE (Acts 15:11) so no man can boast (Eph 2:9). These pharisees were only interested in boasting.

After the gentiles convert to the faith (through GRACE NOT WORKS), THEY WERE INDEED TAUGHT THE LAW OF MOSES.
You seem to be unaware that abstaining from fornication, food sacrificed to idols, food strangled, etc IS IN THE LAW!
Moreover, I notice in your post how you[b] DID NOT [/b]highlight how the gentiles are to be TAUGHT THE LAW EVERY SABBATH (Acts 15:21).

Just as we're taught the Word every Sunday in modern churches, how else do you think the gentile believers were to grow in their faith?
If the law is done away with, by what standards are we to be judged by?
There was no "New Testament" during the times of the apostles. What documents, standards, statutes and codes of conduct do you think was observed by the early church?
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
providence338:

Greetings OkCornel

Please see my reply above to EMILOSTAY2. I explain the CONTEXT in which Paul wrote Acts 15.

A sect of Israelite pharisees (who the Bible says kept NOT the law) were going around in their pride commanding gentiles who knew NOTHING of the Hebrew laws, statutes and commandments to go get circumcised IN ORDER TO BE SAVED (Act 15:1).

That's not only unscriptural, it was undoing the hard work of the apostles, hindering the spread of the gospel by causing confusion. Paul's rebuke letter to the Galatia church is just one of many examples.

Acts 15 highlights the council held by the apostles on how to address this growing concern.

Paul here is saying that the gentiles need not circumcision (or any works for that matter) to be saved.
He reiterated they needed only GRACE (Acts 15:11) so no man can boast (Eph 2:9). These pharisees were only interested in boasting.

After the gentiles convert to the faith (through GRACE NOT WORKS), THEY WERE INDEED TAUGHT THE LAW OF MOSES.
You seem to be unaware that abstaining from fornication, food sacrificed to idols, food strangled, etc IS IN THE LAW!
Moreover, I notice in your post how you[b] DID NOT [/b]highlight how the gentiles are to be TAUGHT THE LAW EVERY SABBATH (Acts 15:21).

Just as we're taught the Word every Sunday in modern churches, how else do you think the gentile believers were to grow in their faith?
There was no "New Testament" during the times of the apostles. What documents, standards, statutes and codes of conduct do you think was observed by the early church?

Hi dear, first things first, congrats on your successful delivery. God bless you and your child.

2 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2019
providence338:

The bedrock of the new covenant is not the Laws of Moses, but the teachings of Christ.

Let's look at what Paul said concerning the Law in 1 Timothy 1 v 8-11;

8We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.
9 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
10 for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:03am On Jul 20, 2019
providence338:

Greetings EMILO2STAY,

4 months ago, I was in the middle of posting a line-by-line response to your post when I found myself going into labor haha grin
I now have a 4month old bouncing baby boy, and he's been keeping me quite busy all this while. I wanted to respond now that I have some time.. my lengthy reply has since vanished but I'll try to summarize.

In short, the hypocritical pharisees preached a false works-based salvation gospel to the newly minted gentile church of Galatia.
These are the same pharisees you mentioned in your previous post about Matthew 15.

Remember, Jesus strongly rebuked the pharisees, NOT BECAUSE THEY KEPT THE LAW, BUT THEY IN FACT BROKE IT.
I showed you scriptural proof of how Jesus said the pharisees:

TRANSGRESSED the law (Matt 15:3)
Nullified God's law by their own commandments (Matt 15:6)
Didn't teach God's commandments, but commandments of men (Matt 15:9)

This is the same sect which preached throughout the new churches that in order to be saved, men needed to be circumcised (Acts 15:1).
This is wrong. Salvation comes by grace from Jesus alone (Acts 15:11).
The church Paul established in Galatia which originally understood it took FAITH to receive salvation, reverted to this false doctrine of salvation by WORKS (circumcision).
The entire book of Galatians is Paul's rebuke to the church for receiving the pharisees works-based message for salvation (circumcision), instead of a faith-based one.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE GALATIANS WERE TO DO AWAY WITH THE LAW. PAUL NEVER PREACHED THAT, AND HE WOULD REBUKE YOU AND THE MODERN CHURCH FOR MISCHARACTERIZING HIS MESSAGE. HE SIMPLY PREACHED GRACE IS WHAT SAVES YOU, NOT THE LAW.

We don't observe the law to attain salvation. We observe the law BECAUSE of our salvation. Do you understand now?

I would likewise challenge you to be VERY CAREFUL for relegating the MOST HIGH'S LAWS, STATUTES AND COMMANDMENTS to just a "thing". The law existed long before Moses (Gen 26:5), and shall continue well into eternity (Psalm 119:160).

Now where are the scriptures where Christ said we should celebrate his birthday?
And that his birthday is Dec 25?
Or that Sunday is the Sabbath?
the scriptures I quoted is enough proof the law is done away with for it was a school master meant to be set aside for a better covenant. Let me ask u do you still observe this laws?.

As for christ birthday I do not subscribe to that, neither do I take sunday as the biblical sabbat day.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by Goshen360(m): 1:53am On Jul 20, 2019
All these law keepers on this forum sef....una don start again. This law of a thing had been dismantled just like the subject of tithing to Christians.

OP, let me ask you this question:

Where was the 10 commandments WHEN JOSEPH FLEW FORNICATION to his master's wife? Where was THE LAW AND 10 COMMANDMENTS when Noah, Enoch walked upright before God? Where was the law and the 10 commandments before Abraham WAS DECLARED RIGHTEOUS WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW OF MOSES.

I mean, was "thou shall not commit adultery/fornication" given then?

The better you understand that Christ IS THE END OF THE LAW....the better for you.

4 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by MuttleyLaff: 3:33am On Jul 20, 2019
Goshen360:
All these law keepers on this forum sef....una don start again. This law of a thing had been dismantled just like the subject of tithing to Christians.

Where was the 10 commandments WHEN JOSEPH FLEW FORNICATION to his master's wife? Where was THE LAW AND 10 COMMANDMENTS when Noah, Enoch walked upright before God? Where was the law and the 10 commandments before Abraham WAS DECLARED RIGHTEOUS WITHOUT THE DEEDS OF THE LAW OF MOSES.

The better you understand that Christ IS THE END OF THE LAW....the better for you.
Well, some just like peeling the fruit of the Spirit, but never have any intention of actually eating and enjoying it

3 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by CaveAdullam: 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2019
Was the law meant for the Jews or Gentiles?

What connects the Jews and the Gentiles?

All this people, law people that love arguments than food @providence338, you just dey find argument may you wan win calm down.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Law and we will all be pleasing in the eyes of God if we allow the Holy Spirit and not the Law lead us the way He lead Christ on earth.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by CaveAdullam: 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Well, some just like peeling the fruit of the Spirit, but never have any intention of actually eating and enjoying it
old man. That oil in your head ehn...... You funny gan. This response funny die. Loooooool.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by MuttleyLaff: 5:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
CaveAdullam:
old man. That oil in your head ehn...... You funny gan. This response funny die. Loooooool.
Nwanne, I am not old man, I am a classic specimen of a human being
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by CaveAdullam: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Nwanne, I am not old man, I am a classic specimen of a human being
well done classic specimen of a human being.

2 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2019
OkCornel:

The bedrock of the new covenant is not the Laws of Moses, but the teachings of Christ.

9 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
10 for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

First of all Bros OKCornel, thank you, blessings to you!

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by OkCornel(m): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
providence338:

First of all Bros OKCornel, thank you, blessings to you!

Thanks dear... smiley
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 9:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
OkCornel:

I agree. The bedrock of the New Covenant was never the Law. I see that nowhere in the scriptures.

And before I address your reference to 1 Timothy 1 v 8-11; let me ask you this, if you don't mind:

What is your understanding of the New Covenant? According to the Bible?
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
the scriptures I quoted is enough proof the law is done away with for it was a school master meant to be set aside for a better covenant. Let me ask u do you still observe this laws?.

As for christ birthday I do not subscribe to that, neither do I take sunday as the biblical sabbat day.

The scriptures you posted are NOT SUFFICIENT PROOF that the law is done away with.

Otherwise, ask yourself, why then did Paul KEEP THE LAW?

"But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the LAW AND IN THE PROPHETS"(Acts 24:14)

"While he answered for himself, Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all" (Acts 25:8 )

"I thank Yahweh--through Yahushua the Messiah our Master! So then, with the mind I myself serve the Law of Yahweh, but with the flesh the Law of sin." (Romans 7:25)

Paul can't KEEP THE LAW and tell the gentiles its DONE AWAY WITH AT THE SAME TIME.

THERE'S ONE LAW FOR THE ISRAELITES AND THE FOREIGNER

Num 9:14, 15:16, Exo 12:49, Lev 24:22

So back to your post. If Paul is telling the Galatians the law is done away with, then Paul is either a schizophrenic maniacal hypocritical LIAR, or there has been a GROSS misinterpretation Paul's writings by the modern church.

Nobody misinterprets Jesus who came NOT TO ABOLISH THE LAW AND PROPHETS (see Paul Acts 24:14) BUT FULFILL (EMBODY) IT (Matt 5:12).
Nobody misconstrues John who defined sin as THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW (1 John 3:4).
Nobody confuses James who said if we FULFILL (EMBODY) the law (see Jesus Matt 5:12), then we shall do well (James 2:8 ).

The message is clear from ALL THE APOSTLES AND JESUS HIMSELF the law is not done away with. Why do you all suddenly get it wrong with Paul? Who by the way was essentially KILLED by his fellow brethren who accused him of doing the very thing you all are.
They were offended that he was teaching the gentiles to "do away with the law" and he died defending himself that he wasn't! (Acts 25:8 )

Paul must be the most misunderstood man in the history of the earth. cry
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2019
@EMILO2STAY:

I observe the laws the best way I can. And so do you....as do most believers. They just don't observe it to the full...b/c we've all been lied to.

I don't kill, steal, hate, covet, commit adultery...even in the heart. I try not to anyway.

Furthermore, once I gained understanding that God's laws weren't done away with, I did away with the Babylonian folly days of christmas & easter.
Those are NOT IN the Bible.

I began to observe the Passover, Pentecost, Tabernacles, etc.
Those are IN the Bible.

I also began to observe the Shabbat. This day is very important to God. It never changed. There are New Testament scriptures that prove this.

Last, I did away with unclean foods. I stopped eating catfish, crayfish, shrimps, crabs, etc which really hurt. I cooked a lot with these foods, but I now understand these are unhealthy meats as they're the ocean's bottomfeeders.

I don't eat pork anyway, I can totally understand why God prohibits it. They're the bottom feeders of the land...they literally eat anything, their meat is literally TOXIC. They're not meant for human consumption.

ps -- Why don't you subscribe to Christ's supposed b'day? And what are your views on the Biblical sabbath?

2 Likes

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 1:36am On Jul 21, 2019
Goshen360:

Just listen to yourself. You make it seem like a bad thing. "Law-Keeper". I guess, I should strive to be a "Law-Breaker" like you, huh? Or like the pharisees? (read my previous scriptures on the pharisees).

Just so you know...Christ was a LAW-KEEPER. As was Enoch. Noah. Abraham. Joseph. ETC.
Should you not strive to be a law-keeper as Christ was? Or the patriarchs? (Gen 26:5)
Noah knew the law of clean and unclean food (Gen 7:2)
Cain and Abel even knew the law of tithing and offering (Gen 4:3-4)

So you see, you're making my POINT. The law didn't come into existence with Moses. The law is ETERNAL. It was, is and always will BE. It was already in the heavens and taught to Adam and his progeny. Through Shem's line, then Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and his 12 sons, God chose a nation to re-introduce his laws to the world. That nation is Israel. That's why God said: REMEMBER the Sabbath. The Israelites always knew of it from the days of Adam, Seth, Enoch, Noah...etc who obviously observed it. Despite what you think or are taught by your misguided pastor, this day has not been done away with. Neither has God's laws, which exits in the heavens and shall never be done away with. It's not possible.

As usual, you're quoting from a man who KEPT THE LAW. Does that make SENSE?

If Christ is the "end" of the law as you claim, then why did he and all the other apostles not only continue to KEEP THE LAW, after Christ's ascension, but ENCOURAGE the gentiles to do the same? (Col 2:16-17)

WHY DID THE APOSTLES ENCOURAGE THE GENTILES TO LEARN THE LAW AS TAUGHT IN THE SYNAGOGUES EVERY SABBATH
(Acts 15:19-21)

So either Paul was a mental basket-case when he penned that verse.... OR you don't have a good grasp of Paul's writings.

I'll go with the latter.

Last, what is SIN, according to the Bible?

The transgression of the LAW (1 John 3:4)

What did Satan DO to God in heaven?

"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." (Ezekiel 28:16)

Careful study of this verse PROVES that the law exited long before you and I, Moses and even ADAM. It shall always STAND. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 10:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Christ said do not commit adultery. This is the 7th commandment.

He went even FURTHER in the SPIRIT OF THE LAW, and said to not even THINK about committing adultery.

Christ said do not murder.

He went even FURTHER in the SPIRIT OF THE LAW, and said to not even have HATE in your heart for your brother.

Herein is the FRUIT of keeping Yah's laws, statutes and commandments..of which I enjoy very much. Thanks grin

If you are the believer in Christ you purport to be, then you'd do well in doing the same. Bless you.
Re: Despite What We've Been Taught.... God's Laws Have Not Been Done Away With.... by providence338: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
CaveAdullam:
Was the law meant for the Jews or Gentiles?

What connects the Jews and the Gentiles?

All this people, law people that love arguments than food @providence338, you just dey find argument may you wan win calm down.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Law and we will all be pleasing in the eyes of God if we allow the Holy Spirit and not the Law lead us the way He lead Christ on earth.

Who me? (looks around). Argumentative? How so? grin
I suggest you take your own advice lol. Stop imagining strife where there is none wink

See my posts above. I believe the scriptures provided answers most of your questions.

THERE'S ONE LAW FOR THE ISRAELITES AND THE FOREIGNER

Num 9:14, 15:16, Exo 12:49, Lev 24:22

In as far as your last statement.. Jesus Christ kept every aspect of the law.
You all quote from apostle Paul so much, but conveniently overlook the fact that he imitated Jesus the LAW-KEEPER, and instructed us to do the same. (1 Cor 11:1, 4:16), (Phil 3:17), (1 Thess 1:6)

That Christ was the "end" of the law doesn't mean the law ceases to exist.
How can something be declared the "end" in one book, but be called "eternal" in another? (Psalm 119:160)

If Christ was the "end" of the law, then why is the Sabbath referenced in the end-time tribulation? (Matt 24:20)?
Why are Paul and the apostles still keeping the law, and (rightfully so) instructing gentiles to do the same?
Why is the law going to be observed by EVERYBODY during the millennial reign, with Christ as our ruler in Zion?

"THE LAW SHALL GO FORTH FROM ZION AND THE WORD OF THE LORD FROM JERUSALEM" (Isa 2:3, Mic 4:2)

Everyone here is justifying the eradication of God's laws based on a single man's writings (Paul).
This poses a serious problem. The Word of God cannot be broken.
If Paul is saying "the law is done away with", we should see similar language by the other authors. We don't.
Christ HIMSELF said he didn't do away with the law but to "fulfill" it....and not ONE dot or tittle shall pass from the law until HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY AND ALL IS ACCOMPLISHED.

Has heaven and earth passed away?
Has all been accomplished?

Christ is the "end" of the law is not what you think it means. the Bible interprets itself. It can't be praised, extolled, and observed by the same man who supposedly said it ended (Rom 7:12). This calls for further study on your part.

I challenge you to read other online Bible versions of Matt 5:17, and also see what "fulfill" in the concordance means (G4137)

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G4137&t=NKJV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Dinner With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / She Mandates Me To Leave Atheism / Apostle Joshua Selman, Pastor Poju Oyemade & Others In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.