Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School (45605 Views)

5 Dead, 26 Rescued In Ochanja, Onitsha Market Building Collapse (Photos) / Ambode visits scene of school building collapse in Lagos Island / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Bigmugu: 8:06am On Mar 14, 2019
One of the school children who died in Wednesday’s Lagos school building collapse told his mum he didn’t want to go to school on the day, being his birthday, SR reports.

A three-storeyed building including the Ohen Nursery and Primary School, Ita Faji, Lagos Island, collapsed on Wednesday morning, killing at least 12 people as of yesterday’s count. Families and neighbours of the victims were heard giving different accounts of what might have been done to avert the incident.

One parent who became an emergency worker overnight said:

“I have rescued my five-year-old son, he survived; now I'm here to help others but the LASEMA officials are making things very difficult and slow.”

He added that another child killed in the accident might have been alive had events gone another way. “Today is the boy’s birthday; he said he didn't want to go to school because it's his birthday but his mother insisted.

He was among those that first died.”

Another said: “A woman couldn't afford fees so she came to beg in the morning but the proprietor turned her back with her child; she has just heard what happened and is thanking God.”

One story which seemed very consistent among the crowd at the scene of the incident and at the hospital is that “of a woman who has about 15 to 20 (depending on who's telling the story) kids with her and who are all trapped in rubble”.

They all said the woman was able to “call someone on the phone to give a picture of things in the rubble but warned that she may run out of phone battery soon".

Rescue efforts at the crash are expected to continue on Thursday.

Photos below :

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/boy-killed-in-lagos-island-collapse-told-his-mum-he-didnt-want-to-go-to-school/

3 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Bigmugu: 9:06am On Mar 14, 2019
grin angry
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by megist80: 9:42am On Mar 14, 2019
sad it's good to be stubborn if he was stubborn ehn he won't go dat day grin

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by megist80: 10:26am On Mar 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by hisexcellency34: 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2019
Qui sera sera (What will be will be)

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by hollistarMOB(m): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2019
Innocent soul, sometimes i do think why will a creator destroy his creations

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Haymaykar(m): 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
I don't know any of them but it pains me more deeply... My God find a way to console their parents... RIP cry cry

49 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by JoanHicks(f): 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
angry
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by DMerciful(m): 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
So? Do you know how many kids in Nigeria told their parents they don't want to go to school that day?
Nigerians and unnecessary spirituality is just weird!

Someone will soon tell us how a man of god or god of men grin saw this in 2016 undecided

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
megist80:

What's funny

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by kekemah: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2019
Another Lie from bloggers

expect more Lies like this in the coming weeks.

8 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by saints2(f): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2019
May God grant the parents the fortitude to bear this irreplaceable loss...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Yohh: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2019
So what do we gain from this, any kid that doesn't want to go to school be left alone?
Abeg let's just mourn and move forward..

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by kolafolabi(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2019
Such is life.. If she had known, she would not have allowed him to go to school.. My condolences to them all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by ucsquare(m): 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2019
forget all these..persin wey go die go die.so enough of all the IF's...

2 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
Nigerian bloggers will write anything, even sh*t.

Comon, life doesn’t work that way, life is not a logic gate. There are thousands of children who would not want to go to school in a day, does it mean they are going to die.

5 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by tgmservice: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
megist80:
and this is funny to you the life of a little one you use as a joke.

5 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by omooba969(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
It's normal for kids to often decline going to school so why is Op trying to make a subject out of what's not...undecided

Mtcheeew

10 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Eprolist: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
Eaya
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Opinionated: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019

1 Like

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by JJOF(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
And so? Children always find excuses 4 not going 2 skol. RIP anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by babyfaceafrica: 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
fake
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by infogenius(m): 12:51pm On Mar 14, 2019
May God heal our land.

Many times children will say they don't want to go to school.
Are parents going to permit that out of the fear of the unknown?
No.

If only the mother had been sensitive enough besides the reason given by the boy.

However, parents should give their children more listening ear so that we can see through
their fears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by nabegibeg: 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2019
Bigmugu:
One of the school children who died in Wednesday’s Lagos school building collapse told his mum he didn’t want to go to school on the day, being his birthday, SR reports.

A three-storeyed building including the Ohen Nursery and Primary School, Ita Faji, Lagos Island, collapsed on Wednesday morning, killing at least 12 people as of yesterday’s count. Families and neighbours of the victims were heard giving different accounts of what might have been done to avert the incident.

One parent who became an emergency worker overnight said:

“I have rescued my five-year-old son, he survived; now I'm here to help others but the LASEMA officials are making things very difficult and slow.”

He added that another child killed in the accident might have been alive had events gone another way. “Today is the boy’s birthday; he said he didn't want to go to school because it's his birthday but his mother insisted.

He was among those that first died.”

Another said: “A woman couldn't afford fees so she came to beg in the morning but the proprietor turned her back with her child; she has just heard what happened and is thanking God.”

One story which seemed very consistent among the crowd at the scene of the incident and at the hospital is that “of a woman who has about 15 to 20 (depending on who's telling the story) kids with her and who are all trapped in rubble”.

They all said the woman was able to “call someone on the phone to give a picture of things in the rubble but warned that she may run out of phone battery soon".

Rescue efforts at the crash are expected to continue on Thursday.

Photos below :

Gist Via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/boy-killed-in-lagos-island-collapse-told-his-mum-he-didnt-want-to-go-to-school/

sad
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by idonhammer: 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2019
Chaii! Odiegwu

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by meobizy(f): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2019
I told my mother the same thing almost everyday due to constant flogging.
What sort of cheap report is this?
I see someone wants to emulate DailyMail’s style of reportage.

SPACE FOR SALE.
My 10% discount has my price at 10,000 NGN.
I accept bitcoin payment, western union transfers, airtime and bank transfers.

1 Like

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by mungoparks: 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2019
That was faith that the mother didn't noticed,in case of another child undecided
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by dheaven: 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2019
That is the work of intuition but the mother is not intuitive
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by makeitijn: 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2019
Who should be held responsible for this mayhem/catastrophe

1) BUHARI plz like
2) ambode plz share
Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by Apus: 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2019
megist80:

That same stubborness have caused the death of many. What will be will be. Very unfortunate though.

1 Like

Re: Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School by OdefaGirl(f): 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2019
megist80:

He is still a kid "pupil", d mama would have flogged him to school.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic Growth Continues / A Yoruba Developer, Stephen Akintayo, Buys Land For Real Estate In South-East / Five School Children Rescued From Collapsed Building In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.