Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? (5156 Views)

Christian Says 4 Month Old Babies can Sin / Hillsong Worship Leader Denounces His Faith As Christian, Says I’m Genuinely Los / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 8:07am On Jul 01, 2020
Now
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
Evening
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Nite
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 9:55am On Jul 02, 2020
Morning
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Bump
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Bump..
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Now.....
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
jiggaz:
Gracious Lord
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2020
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.

5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.

6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
What peter said is indeed what we see happening here and now. Because of the AntiChrists also called MOGs, the world does not view Jesus Christ in a good light at all. You simply mention that you believe in the God of the Bible, and almost immediately you see the detest in their looks... nothing to do with persecution at all. No, they have become wary of those who claim to be Christians. The world is tired of the lies and deceit of MOGs - the hypocrisy that is claimed and justified in the name of God.

These MOGs are the Antichrists as they have set themselves up as Masters over Jesus Christ's flock, pretending to be Teachers in His place.

Their doctrines and traditions are twisted representations of the teachings of Jesus Christ, and in many cases many are deceived and led away from the Truth of Jesus Christ as a result.

They sit themselves in the place of God in the minds of His own sheep and they steal, kill and destroy, for their own pleasure and kingdoms, that which God has planned for those who are His. And they do all of this in the name of God.
MOGs are the false prophets that Jesus Christ warned His followers to beware of. These are the antichrists that the apostles spoke of even during their days.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
jiggaz:
Bump..
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2020
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.

5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.

6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
What peter said is indeed what we see happening here and now. Because of the AntiChrists also called MOGs, the world does not view Jesus Christ in a good light at all. You simply mention that you believe in the God of the Bible, and almost immediately you see the detest in their looks... nothing to do with persecution at all. No, they have become wary of those who claim to be Christians. The world is tired of the lies and deceit of MOGs - the hypocrisy that is claimed and justified in the name of God.

These MOGs are the Antichrists as they have set themselves up as Masters over Jesus Christ's flock, pretending to be Teachers in His place.

Their doctrines and traditions are twisted representations of the teachings of Jesus Christ, and in many cases many are deceived and led away from the Truth of Jesus Christ as a result.

They sit themselves in the place of God in the minds of His own sheep and they steal, kill and destroy, for their own pleasure and kingdoms, that which God has planned for those who are His. And they do all of this in the name of God.
MOGs are the false prophets that Jesus Christ warned His followers to beware of. These are the antichrists that the apostles spoke of even during their days.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 7:40am On Aug 15, 2020
Lord Jesus Christ
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 15, 2020
Bro jiggaz, @second set of people who stopped believing, how can you say they are still saved when salvation is by confession of the mouth and "believing " by heart? I kinda disagree a bit here. Cos if one stop believing in a course, will that course still have meaning in that persons life? I doubt.

Delkuf.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by delkuf(m): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2020
Brachaa:
Bro jiggaz, @second set of people who stopped believing, how can you say they are still saved when salvation is by confession of the mouth and "believing " by heart? I kinda disagree a bit here. Cos if one stop believing in a course, will that course still have meaning in that persons life? I doubt.

Delkuf.
Good morning @brachaa, I believe according to John 3:16 that because of our believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, we have everlasting life. And like it meaning our walk with Jesus is for everlasting. It is unending. We may backslide, because of this life we would come back to Christ again. That is why the Bible says, the righteous man may fall seven times, seven times will stand on his feet again. So no matter what if a believer stop believing, as long he is genuinely save, he can still come back to Christ because he has an everlasting life with Christ.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2020
delkuf:
Good morning @brachaa, I believe according to John 3:16 that because of our believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, we have everlasting life. And like it meaning our walk with Jesus is for everlasting. It is unending. We may backslide, because of this life we would come back to Christ again. That is why the Bible says, the righteous man may fall seven times, seven times will stand on his feet again. So no matter what if a believer stop believing, as long he is genuinely save, he can still come back to Christ because he has an everlasting life with Christ.

I mean when they stop believing, as a result, refuse to come back.

When the Bible says if the righteous falls, he'll rise up again, it means if he falls short of Gods glory by mistake not premeditated, or backslided. he still has the chance to come back. Not someone who decided to stop believing. That is backsliding. Cos the moment you stop believing in God, you start placing your belief in other things and you know we can't serve to Masters.

I just felt like I should clear a few things about falling short of Gods Glory and backsliding.

Shalom.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by delkuf(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2020
Brachaa:

I mean when they stop believing, as a result, refuse to come back.

When the Bible says if the righteous falls, he'll rise up again, it means if he falls short of Gods glory by mistake not premeditated, or backslided. he still has the chance to come back. Not someone who decided to stop believing. That is backsliding. Cos the moment you stop believing in God, you start placing your belief in other things and you know we can't serve to Masters.

I just felt like I should clear a few things about falling short of Gods Glory and backsliding.

Shalom.
I have backslided before, but by the grace of God I am serving Him today. I don't think that someone that genuinely believed God in the first place, can stop believing. I don't think so
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2020
delkuf:
I have backslided before, but by the grace of God I am serving Him today. I don't think that someone that genuinely believed God in the first place, can stop believing. I don't think so

@ the bolded is the bone of contention here. He said someone who stops believing.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
Brachaa:

Delkuf.
Alright bro... No wahala but that is what i believe.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
jiggaz:
Alright bro... No wahala but that is what i believe.

Ok.

I'm a sis. smiley
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Brachaa:

Ok.

I'm a sis. smiley
Alright.
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2020

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)

Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Yeah...
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nowwww
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
Nowwwwww
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2020
Now.....
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by orisa37: 1:42am On Dec 06, 2020
He becomes a Sinner like Adam and Eve. And there's no Eternal LIFE for him or her
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2020
Lord Jesus....
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2020
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nowww
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2020
Yeahhhhhhhh
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2021
Now
Re: What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him? by jiggaz(m): 2:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
Now...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Churches In Nigeria That Do Not Demand Tithes? / Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over / Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.