Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Tips To Help Overcome Procrastination - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tips To Help Overcome Procrastination (317 Views)

Helpful Tips To Help You Overcome Procrastination / Curb That Monkey - Good News For Everyone Who Wants To Overcome Procrastination / How to Overcome procrastination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Help Overcome Procrastination by Theladysroom: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2019
Ignore the part of your brain that tells you that you have time. Procrastination always begins with that lie. Tell yourself otherwise just do it
4 am. Desperately trying to finish a presentation with an 8 am deadline. What makes it more annoying is that I was given ample time to do my research. I had enough time to gather all the info I needed and come up with a pretty good presentation. But I found myself in the place of procrastination, once again.
So, there I was in my sleepless night, knowing well that if I had just started when I was supposed to, I’d have avoided this last-minute rush. I would’ve slept well, woken up early, gone over the presentation again and given it my all. Thankfully, the feedback I got after the presentation was good. Still, I just knew that if I had given more time, it could have been much better.
I have a slight feeling that I am not the only one standing on this table. Procrastination is pretty common, especially for creative people. So I have decided to share a few productivity hacks for the compulsive procrastinator, which have helped me.
Do it immediately
Ignore the part of your brain that tells you that you have time. Procrastination always begins with that lie. Tell yourself otherwise, especially if you know you have a strong tendency to procrastinate. Act as if the deadline is a day or two early. Why? Because you may most likely not start immediately but at least you’ll start much earlier than your bad behavior would have let you start on a normal day. Lol
https://theladysroom.ng/overcoming-procrastination/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips To Help Overcome Procrastination by iSpread(m): 10:40am On Mar 14, 2019
Arrange your text or article for easy reading.

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help Overcome Procrastination by ElGabi(m): 11:04am On Mar 14, 2019
Post it here. It would make an interesting read. I'm a chronic procrastinator

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help Overcome Procrastination by united442(m): 3:29am On Mar 15, 2019
currently experiencing this noww..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Start A Dropshipping Business In Nigeria - Complete Guide / Information Technology Salaries In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.