Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross (11443 Views)

Hungry Nigerian Man Revived With Food & Drink After He Collapsed On The Street / Residents Donate Blood For Survivors Of Lagos Collapsed Building (photos) / Man Faints After Donating Blood For Free, Pays N7k To Get It Back - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by brave212: 11:25am On Mar 14, 2019
The Nigerian Red Cross has appealed for blood donations for victims of the collapsed building on Lagos Island.

Mr Olakunle Lasisi, Secretary of NRC, Lagos made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Lagos.

Speaking on the hashtags #DonateForItafaji and #savetheitafajichildren trending on social media, to solicit for blood donations from the public, he said the Red Cross would partake in the exercise.

Lasisi added that he spoke with the Lagos State Blood Transfusion Service on Wednesday, and confirmed that the information was true.

READ ALSO: PHOTOS : Lagos collapsed building, the morning after

“They said, yes, they are aware of it.

“It was launched by the MD of the General Hospital, so they can have enough blood in the bank to assist the casualties of the collapsed building.

“When an incident like this happens, blood donations is always required to meet the demand of those in need of blood transfusion.

“It is a good opportunity for the blood bank to replenish because there are people who want to assist.

“Some of our members who are due for blood donation will be available,” he told NAN.
https://punchng.com/lagos-collapsed-building-donate-blood-for-victims-red-cross/
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by olayemioshiyemi: 11:39am On Mar 14, 2019
May God console the bereaved ! As per blood I get but sadly am not in your state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by InestimableJoy(f): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2019
It is well
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Dave0116(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2019
Ftc
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Simpsonrocket(m): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2019
What a tragic situation
I wish the victims and family good comfort and health.
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by faithfull18(f): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2019
Hmmn.
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by maasoap(m): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2019
Blood donation is good and beneficial to the donor too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by olatunji0607: 11:41am On Mar 14, 2019
A good step!!
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Donshemzy1234: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2019
Be good for no reason

1 Like

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Promking: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2019
I would
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Topmaike007(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2019
I hope they will not sell our blood if we donate,cos I don't trust Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by 3rdavefarms(m): 11:43am On Mar 14, 2019
God will heal them all and make them whole again
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by tgmservice: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2019
Krazy8:
God will judge me if i give blood to accursed Afonjas, They deserve to be wiped off the earth,
They shall face sorrows at every turn, They shall never amount to anything in life undecided
Try to use your brain at times u think everything is funny just to trend.

Well its not your fault this forum is meant for kids no meaningful comes out of here

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by OgbanjeProphet: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2019
Quick recovery to them.
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by nabegibeg: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2019
brave212:
The Nigerian Red Cross has appealed for blood donations for victims of the collapsed building on Lagos Island.

Mr Olakunle Lasisi, Secretary of NRC, Lagos made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Thursday in Lagos.

Speaking on the hashtags #DonateForItafaji and #savetheitafajichildren trending on social media, to solicit for blood donations from the public, he said the Red Cross would partake in the exercise.

Lasisi added that he spoke with the Lagos State Blood Transfusion Service on Wednesday, and confirmed that the information was true.

READ ALSO: PHOTOS : Lagos collapsed building, the morning after

“They said, yes, they are aware of it.

“It was launched by the MD of the General Hospital, so they can have enough blood in the bank to assist the casualties of the collapsed building.

“When an incident like this happens, blood donations is always required to meet the demand of those in need of blood transfusion.

“It is a good opportunity for the blood bank to replenish because there are people who want to assist.

“Some of our members who are due for blood donation will be available,” he told NAN.
https://punchng.com/lagos-collapsed-building-donate-blood-for-victims-red-cross/
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by ignis: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2019
Let me go and donate
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Iyajison: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2019
Just wish I'm close....

But the last time I donated blood free, someone asked me a question I can't answer till date...

How many times have u visited any Nigerian hospital and free blood was given to a patient from their blood bank..

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Ohraykon: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Krazy8:
God will judge me if i give blood to accursed Afonjas, They deserve to be wiped off the earth,
They shall face sorrows at every turn, They shall never amount to anything in life undecided
you are bastard for dis u need to hang urself if u are dis frustrated bitch!!!

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by pejuakinab: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Krazy8:

Let not your hatred consume u

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by Upgradedentity: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Krazy8:

You and sense are seriously at loggerheads

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by trevorhorace(m): 11:46am On Mar 14, 2019
Where's the blood? Diswan think say Nigerians geh blood grin The average person is running on solar energy. Sun and mosquitoes and next level don dry our blood finish.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by ofuonyebi: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2019
where are the so called Honerabis politicians whom the parents of this pupils voted for?

i am sure they must have sneaked into the red, blue and green chambers of rest...

only GOD is left for these innocent but helpless children....or, how many children of sinators or Reps are among?...sioo!
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by pejuakinab: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2019
Krazy8:

Let not your hatred for human race consume u
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by JoanHicks(f): 11:51am On Mar 14, 2019
How do I donate

I wish to donate oh

I'm D positive
And. AA GT
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by teeytimi: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2019
Krazy8:
so you're unless up to this? Do think is only Yoruba that will be there sorry for your future

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by oyetunder(m): 11:51am On Mar 14, 2019
cry Blood...
Re: Lagos Collapsed Building: Donate Blood For Victims —red Cross by teeytimi: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2019
Krazy8:
so you're unless up to this? Do think is only Yoruba that will be there sorry for your future ode

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please, What Can I Use For Beard Growth / Jonathan Moves To Prevent Doctors' Strike (Meets With NMA) / Enter Here If You Are Trying To Quit Cigarettes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.