Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why College Degrees? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why College Degrees? (268 Views)

UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands / 430 Prisoners Pursuing University Degrees In National Open University Of Nigeria / University Of Ghana Medical College New Building (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why College Degrees? by rsheng2000: 11:54am On Mar 14, 2019
Formal education is one of those things that have become a part of our culture. It is necessary and it is a prerequisite when applying for a job. Education to some extent, helps people get acquainted with and better experienced in the field which they are pursuing.
It happens when a "union" creates a curriculum to educate people, most of the time it is the youth. Formal education has become very systematic and well planned. It is used to promote principles and values as well as knowledge, and this can sometimes lead to abuse of the system.
Education has made the very core of our society it helps everybody who graduates and teaches them the basics in life, something for them to build on. Although education is an excellent thing, one of the problems is that people who graduate have formed a box... an envelope to think in.
Myself as a computer technician, student pilot, & student of life, am always looking for ways to push the envelope. Education started very early for me. I never attended grade school and was through the O-Levels by my father. Soon after I enrolled in college and a year later had completed my diploma. I was 14.
My dad has always told me that education never ends. And no matter what we do or which industry we work in, we will always need to adapt to the changes as they come, this means we need to learn quickly. This does not mean we go out and get another college degree, instead, it means that we must always have the ability to learn and not become close-minded.
Many of you have heard of a story which goes along the lines of a guy working in a company for many many years and has climbed through the ranks and finally reached his goal, then some young guy comes along with the ability to make good changes, and suddenly the old guy finds himself being replaced.
This does not necessary lt mean the old guy was not doing a good job, it just means there was another guy doing a better job. The goal here is to stay open-minded and willing to learn new techniques to stay ahead of the competition and to always learn. Now all of us are bound to phase out some time or another, the point is to be at the top of our job, as long as we are capable.
My grandfather once told me that no matter what you lean or where you learn it from, the knowledge that will matter the most and make the most difference is the knowledge acquired by experience, because it sticks.

(1) (Reply)

Schools Of Nursing In Ekiti State And Colleges Of Health Science And Technology / Listen To The Lagosian In New York City Podcast: Daniel Gbujie, Founder/ceo Team / We Will Publish Names Of Jamb Impersonators For The Past Ten Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.